Die Rise Easter Egg - Progress Thread (Unsolved)

AydeeBubz

• Administrators

About these balls...considering that there are two from what we know, they are located inside the mouths of the dragon signs. One seems fairly reachable, but not obtainable. How would one go about the other, given it is actually off the map? Even if you manage to shoot it down, you wouldn't be able to get to it.

People have tried the Trample Steam, Sliquifier, Snipers (Pap'ed too), Ray Gun, Semtex, Knife, all the works. I don't think these balls are exactly the things we are looking for. It doesn't budge whatsoever, nor does it have any effect.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About these balls...considering that there are two from what we know, they are located inside the mouths of the dragon signs. One seems fairly reachable, but not obtainable. How would one go about the other, given it is actually off the map? Even if you manage to shoot it down, you wouldn't be able to get to it.

People have tried the Trample Steam, Sliquifier, Snipers (Pap'ed too), Ray Gun, Semtex, Knife, all the works. I don't think these balls are exactly the things we are looking for. It doesn't budge whatsoever, nor does it have any effect.

I dont think you have to shot them down. My guess is that you have to do some sort of step that makes the orbs fall of or teleport somewhere.

someone on the activision forums has POSTED WITHOUT PROOF about a theory that i think infestlithium just made a topic about, about the gold circle tiles.

he says...that if you have a player stand on each one the dragons tails spark.

now, he may have (probably) saw the pic from this thread and linked up a theory and is claiming its true, idk though....

link http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #414015747

Treyarch released a gameplay trailer on the release day of the map? Might be worth going through the trailer frame by frame. At least then you can dot the i's and cross the t's.

Like the good ol days of der riese and the hole in the wall? Still remember those days CC

Any chance your up for some myth busting at some point on Die Rise? Not for anything im particular but just lookimg at things outside the box so to speak?

someone on the activision forums has POSTED WITHOUT PROOF about a theory that i think infestlithium just made a topic about, about the gold circle tiles.

he says...that if you have a player stand on each one the dragons tails spark.

now, he may have (probably) saw the pic from this thread and linked up a theory and is claiming its true, idk though....

link http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #414015747

meh, the pic he uploaded to tinypic is the same one from the first page here from twitter.....me thinks THAT guy on activision is trollin'

eta: upon further review of the play...lol....well it seems the activision guy had this pic up before it was posted here.

IDK What to believe anymoree so im sticking to liam's and ngt's channel...if you two can get a chance to try looking for the mahjong tiles or standing on the gold symbol while in your who's who character maybe something will come of it but i do believe whos who is intended for more than just reviving yourself...I posted a video with somethings ive tried take a look and try to expand off it....i have class so can't do anymore work on it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtDlaRsw_Ls

seems like the op is no troll. thanks for the vid link

So he's not a troll just because he guessed that the little symbols would be used for something?! Right when i saw/heard about those things i knew that. Just like the Gongs in Shangri-La.

are you telling me he couldn't of guessed either?

OP seems to have abandoned this thread. After Liam asked for more proof to be exact, Pretty suspicious...

fair enough. if they won't reveal it, i'll go ahead and start revealing it for them. Next step to be posted fairly soon, says Benn. OP - you're move.

FQfXBBqvN2g

Benn? Benn from Playthegameco? I love his British accent.

ha ha yeah right o i think were all aware of this sniper having some significance,as for starting the egg im not too sure as he clearly states its for a later step

seems like the op is no troll. thanks for the vid link

So he's not a troll just because he guessed that the little symbols would be used for something?! Right when i saw/heard about those things i knew that. Just like the Gongs in Shangri-La.

are you telling me he couldn't of guessed either?

OP seems to have abandoned this thread. After Liam asked for more proof to be exact, Pretty suspicious...

first photo is the step after the symbols so idk you tell me. then when asked for a hint the symbol photo popped up wh ich is the step people were missing. i hope they solve it and say nothing just post the final quote and thats it

first photo is the step after the symbols so idk you tell me. then when asked for a hint the symbol photo popped up wh ich is the step people were missing. i hope they solve it and say nothing just post the final quote and thats it

It seems like they're only on part 5, according to their Twitter, and then stopped they stopped to sleep? :lol:

So that means this whole thread was pointless. And that they didn't give us any "useful" information, and then people caught up to them sooner than they thought they would.

He most likely thought he was going to figure it all out before people caught up. So he kept the information he knew a secret and then would of posted it here when they finished. Thinking it would grant him a crown or somefin.

I honestly declare this thread pointless now. He doesn't know anything more than anyone else at this point in time.

Implying this thread wasn't worthless from the start.

As a PS3 player I'm angry and excited at the same time. Sadly by the time we get the DLC there will be nothing left to discover.

Good job though !

you guys should demand ps3 specific EE

IMO that would be the best solution for it, but I gotta be realistic there's no way such thing will ever happen.

It seems most people are on the right track now. I've been on Die Rise for 10 hours now and need sleep and a fresh start tomorrow. I think it will be solved by tomorrow, looks like the guys from NGT are on it now, wont be long before someone figures out what we need to do next.

I apologize to anyone who thought we were trolling by putting pics up and not a step by step guide, we don't have all the steps and intended to stay on the game until it was completed and then post it all as we have put a lot of effort in, but as i have work tomorrow this is not always possible. I fully expect someone to have both sides of the Easter Egg done by the time i get up tomorrow. Cant wait to get back on it.

I think when the orbs are under the lions paws you have to take one for Maxis or one for Richtofen and this is where the Egg will split. I think this is where we were going wrong as we were taking both orbs, i may be wrong but im sure we will find out.

Love this game!!!

• Administrators

Alright, so I'm going to make a simple layout of the Side Quest steps so far based on the videos we've seen.

1) Spawn. Pretty simple, and Maxis will speak.

2) Grab the SVU or any sniper. Maxis/Richtofen speaks.

3) Turn power on. Richtofen will tell Samuel to manipulate everyone.

4) Stand on all four golden cirles on top of the elevators at the same time. Maxis/Richtofen compliments you to do the same.

5) Stand on the four golden circles on the ground. There is no particular order, and you only need to step on it once to activate it.

6) Using the Pap'ed SVU (preferred), knock down the balls in the dragons' mouths at the top of the hotel. They will disappear.

Alright, so I'm going to make a simple layout of the Side Quest steps so far based on the videos we've seen.

1) Spawn. Pretty simple, and Maxis will speak.

2) Grab the SVU or any sniper. Maxis/Richtofen speaks.

3) Turn power on. Richtofen will tell Samuel to manipulate everyone.

4) Stand on all four golden cirles on top of the elevators at the same time. Maxis/Richtofen compliments you to do the same.

5) Stand on the four golden circles on the ground. There is no particular order, and you only need to step on it once to activate it.

6) Using the Pap'ed SVU (preferred), knock down the balls in the dragons' mouths at the top of the hotel. They will disappear.

I just watched NGT's video and the SVU was not pack-a-punched.

I'm gonna give you guys a hint, because I'm not 100% on it.

I'm pretty sure after getting the balls from the dragons mouth, maxis says something about the enlightened one. I went into a room and killed a few zombies and there was another quote, but I couldn't make it out, same with the dragons mouth one.

Once you get the dragons mouth bit, and if I'm correct, go get the balls from the lions mouth and then head into a room with the enlightened one.

This is a very easy hint if you look around for a while if I'm correct. I'll report back tomorrow @ 6pm ish GMT if nothing's been found.

I don't care if you all call troll, but like I said, I'm not 100% on the quotes and if he DOES say what I think, then there's a special room that needs to be acknowledged. Good luck, see you all tomorrow. I hope I'm right :)

Steps:

1: elevators

2: floor tiles

3: dragons mouth & sniper

4. Lions feet

5. (See post)

Edit: tl;dr after step 4 go to the enlightened one and you should be able to advance in the Easter egg if I'm correct and you listen.

Ok, I meant to put another paragraph in there. We got multiple quotes from killing zombies whilst sitting in room and killing zombies. However, people were going down and dying quite consistently. It did sound like richtofen was getting weaker as we killed more and more zombies though.

Also, the orbs don't fit into Buddha.