Die Rise / Great Leap Forward Loading Screen

PINNAZ

I am going to cast my vote for Kino 2.0. The image either shows pipes anda valve on a red fiery image or a film reel lying on a bookshelf or something similar. There was a spire outside of the window in the near by town environment. Kino was a great level and I would be stoked if they re imagined it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has mentioned the piece of wood that looks to be like a bedleg or table leg.

Image from MixMasterNut

It's hard to make out in the picture, but if you look at it in the game it's clearly a piece of wood.

At first I thought it may be the destroyed version Samantha's room from Kino, but I think the bed has different bed posts & the film reels are different too.

I don't think you will ever figure out the next map from the loading screen hints.

There seems to be a screw or kind of bolt on the left-end of the object. Perhaps it is a wooden leg, but it stands out to me as some sort of gasket/machine that would play the film reel.

I also can easily see some kind of industrial machinery or pipe with a valve wheel. It seems like wherever we are going that it will be on fire or perhaps in magma like Green Run. It seems to have that glow.

• 1 month later...

Awesome Eyes guys!!!!

I thought it was a postcard. The Green Run loading screens are postcards! Nice eyes

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that Green Run had no comic book page. Every map since Ascension has had a comic book page, in the order that the events take place. So why is Green Run different than the rest, and not a part of of the Zombies comic book and instead a postcard?

Am I the only one that finds this odd?

• Administrators

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that Green Run had no comic book page. Every map since Ascension has had a comic book page, in the order that the events take place. So why is Green Run different than the rest, and not a part of of the Zombies comic book and instead a postcard?

Am I the only one that finds this odd?

Hm, very good point friendo. Perhaps because Green Run especially has differed away from the comic book look so we can see it from a different storyline perspective...? We have postcards, and I can't help but recall how the Bus Driver lists different locations (of which are primarily top-secret government facilities). It's as if the post card look is supposed to symbolize that kind of "Green Run is just one of many places we can visit" situation.

Hm, very good point friendo. Perhaps because Green Run especially has differed away from the comic book look so we can see it from a different storyline perspective...? We have postcards, and I can't help but recall how the Bus Driver lists different locations (of which are primarily top-secret government facilities). It's as if the post card look is supposed to symbolize that kind of "Green Run is just one of many places we can visit" situation.

That's my thought exactly. It's as if Treyarch is trying to indicate something by not including it in the comic book. And that's kind of my take on it as well, it's almost as if it indicates that Green Run didn't occur in the same reality or timeline as the rest of the maps or something.

I know Treyarch was trying to go in a different direction with TranZit, which may be why they didn't include a comic originally, but there's got to be more significance to Green Run's place in the comic book.

Things really aren't adding up with Green Run as far as dates go.

• Administrators

Part of me wants to believe that we have never truly traveled back in time, nor do we posses the power to. I know that sounds like a far-fetched idea, but bear with me for a few seconds here. We know that we can travel forward in time via teleporters or "magic" from the Aether. But are we 100% sure that we can also be sent back in time?

Allow me to start off with World at War:

Map Time Direction Possible Outputs
Nacht der Untoten - ?
Verruckt Shi No Numa
Shi No Numa Der Rise
Der Riese Kino der Toten
Kino der Toten Ascension, Call of the Dead
FIVE (Same) Ascension (Same) Ascension
Ascension Call of the Dead, Shangri-la
Call of the Dead Shangri-la
Shangri-la Moon, Ascension
Moon Green Run
Nuketown (Same) Moon (Same) Moon
Green Run ? Great Leap Forward
Great Leap Forward ? ?

*Known as the present in both game and real-life dimension

*Relatively close proximity of time and date

The order in which the maps are listed signifies the given arrangement of how we obtained them. The arrows represent the time direction based on the order we were presented with regarding the map distribution. Possible outputs suggest not only what map came next as a result in the storyline, but also what map it could have led to according to how we arrive in a particular setting and the current situation our playable crew is facing.

As you can see, we have three maps that work around this concept of multiple outputs. Different dimensions? Possible; we know it exists (ala Earth and the Aether). The reason I point this out is to better determine the time origin of Green Run as well as Great Leap Forward. From this table (IF we were to follow it), we can only progress forward to the future. This being said, Great Leap Forward is our very nearest future - possibly near or after 2025. If we assume that we are well-past Call of the Dead [2011] but before Great Leap Forward [~2025], then we are somewhere in the middle or within close distance to GLF.

We know Moon occurs right as Nuketown occurs, which happens very little before the events in Green Run unfold. We could argue whether there is actual power in the Aether to bend and distort time so much as to teleport the N4 to the future. Richtofen being unable to "mend the rift" currently bolsters this concept of limited time power. That being said, I'd put my money of Green Run occurring perhaps at least 2025 given that we never really went forward to Great Leap Forward; but rather though space.

Part of me wants to believe that we have never truly traveled back in time, nor do we posses the power to. I know that sounds like a far-fetched idea, but bear with me for a few seconds here. We know that we can travel forward in time via teleporters or "magic" from the Aether. But are we 100% sure that we can also be sent back in time?

Allow me to start off with World at War:

Map Time Direction Possible Outputs
Nacht der Untoten - ?
Verruckt Shi No Numa
Shi No Numa Der Rise
Der Riese Kino der Toten
Kino der Toten Ascension, Call of the Dead
FIVE (Same) Ascension (Same) Ascension
Ascension Call of the Dead, Shangri-la
Call of the Dead Shangri-la
Shangri-la Moon, Ascension
Moon Green Run
Nuketown (Same) Moon (Same) Moon
Green Run ? Great Leap Forward
Great Leap Forward ? ?

*Known as the present in both game and real-life dimension

*Relatively close proximity of time and date

The order in which the maps are listed signifies the given arrangement of how we obtained them. The arrows represent the time direction based on the order we were presented with regarding the map distribution. Possible outputs suggest not only what map came next as a result in the storyline, but also what map it could have led to according to how we arrive in a particular setting and the current situation our playable crew is facing.

As you can see, we have three maps that work around this concept of multiple outputs. Different dimensions? Possible; we know it exists (ala Earth and the Aether). The reason I point this out is to better determine the time origin of Green Run as well as Great Leap Forward. From this table (IF we were to follow it), we can only progress forward to the future. This being said, Great Leap Forward is our very nearest future - possibly near or after 2025. If we assume that we are well-past Call of the Dead [2011] but before Great Leap Forward [~2025], then we are somewhere in the middle or within close distance to GLF.

We know Moon occurs right as Nuketown occurs, which happens very little before the events in Green Run unfold. We could argue whether there is actual power in the Aether to bend and distort time so much as to teleport the N4 to the future. Richtofen being unable to "mend the rift" currently bolsters this concept of limited time power. That being said, I'd put my money of Green Run occurring perhaps at least 2025 given that we never really went forward to Great Leap Forward; but rather though space.

Thank you for the feedback Infest! It's clear you have the right mindset with all this. We're definitely gonna have to think outside the box on this one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have Kino dated at 1968 due to the Fernsehturm being partially completed outside the map, and Ascension at 1963? From what I remember, that is the only point in the sequence of events where we actually travel back in time and not forward. I wish we didn't, because it would almost prove we could only travel forward in time. Unfortunately, I think the Kino - Ascension transition disproves it.

[tab][/tab]However, I take Kino Der Toten, as a whole, with a grain of salt. It was just that weird map that wasn't meant for BO in terms of story (for obvious reasons). That transition period between the story of W@W and the story of BO kind of screwed up Kino. There's quite a few things wrong with the happenings in Kino that cannot logically be explained. Richtofen completely contradicts himself in the map in terms of Samantha's whereabouts. So as I said, I don't know how much we can actually take from Kino.

My opinion on the map order pre-BO2 has always been they occur in the order that we play them in. The two maps that are still unclear is Der Riese and SNN, but we know both occur pre-Kino. Then we travel to Kino, then BACK to Ascenison, to Cotd, etc. Alot of it's based on the character quotes from the map themselves "It's no Lunar Lander, but it will suffice.", "Ancient temples, Russian Cosmodromes, being stuck in a dark closet with Richtofen. Eh, what an adventure." Quotes like those helped piece together that all such maps after Kino occured in the same order we play them in.

Also, I do agree with you about Richtofen's limited power in Aether. I believe whatever Maxis was targetting on Earth with those missles did have an effect on his control, and he lost a notable amount of power from it. That's why he needs the crew to activate the first tower, in order to provide the 115 energy from the flesh to himself in Aether. After we complete Ed's side of the Easter Egg, he gains enough power from the tower to teleport the crew into the future to China. In the TranZit reveal trailer, we see the new crew arrive on a bus, as oppose to starting in the terminal with the bus outside. Kind of makes me think they arrived on the bus, indicating Richtofen did not have to the power to teleport them before the Tower of Babble EE was completed.

Really, what bugs me about Green Run is the Chernobyl sign and Marlton's damned watch. The Chernobyl sign would date the map to 1986, and Marlton's watch is based off of a Casio C-80 calculator watch, produced in 1980. And it's the watch that bugs me the most.

If the Earth was bombed in the 60's (as NTZ dictates), how could Casio have been building watches in 1980? The watches aren't an EXACT match either, but still the time frame for the watch at it's earliest would be 1975, unless Marlton somehow crafted one of his own decades before anyone else.

I don't know, I'm really struggling to make sense of this. :x

• Administrators

Ah, allow me to take a crack at your long post, friendo. ;)

From what we know, the Fernsehturm was constructed between 1965 and 1969. Kino der Toten displays an almost completed structure, so you are correct in saying that our timeline would be concisely 1967/1968. When we look at Ascension (which happens a the same time of FIVE), I would count that as late 1962 or early 1963 since the Cuban Missile Crisis occurs in October of 1962 [note]. The dates do not match up.

People have actually talked about Kino der Toten taking place in a whole different dimension. In such a way, that it doesn't necessarily exist in our timeline. I don't want to fully believe such a concept, but we might as well take that into consideration. I have a feeling that perhaps this is the only instance where past travel was possible.

To answer the Samantha whereabout question, Richtofen was not there to see Samantha take control in the Aether. He locked Maxis and Samantha in the room with the Hellhound and all three took the MTD straight to Moon (Griffin Station). At that moment, he only surmised their deaths. Fluffy went missing, Maxis was killed - only to be sucked into the station's mainframe- and Samantha was teleported directly into the MPD. Upon arriving in Kino, Richtofen questions where Samantha disappeared to since his team at Griffin Station did not physically see Samantha anywhere, but heard her voice. Nobody made it out alive to tell Richtofen that she took control in the Aether. In other words, Richtofen actually did not know what became of Samantha since he knew she was not dead (the zombies, Fly Trap Easter Egg, etc).

The order in which the maps are seen in are more than likely as you state. It's confusing as to how the crew arrives in the Russian Cosmodrome on Lunar Landers, yet comes into Call of the Dead via teleporter. Something happened that we are not fully seeing here.

Agreed - Richtofen seeks more power through the Black Ops II Easter Eggs. Maxis desires the same thing, of course. I still don't think that Richtofen is capable of time travel, but just rather simple teleporting of a human from one location to another. If he did have the power to go forward/back in time, couldn't he go back and generally stop Maxis from launching the rockets? I know that scenario has been repeatedly played out, but it would make logical sense. Plus, Moon was not too long ago from finishing Tranzit's Easter Egg, yes?

The Earth as a whole was probably not decimated; some locations still survived and were not hit as hard. But if I was to run a company that manufactured devices, I wouldn't continue after my planet was hit by missiles, that's for sure. :lol:

And the reason that can only conclude this is that Moon and Nuketown Zombies actually occurred AFTER the 1980's - perhaps even a little into the future of our present. That means progressively after 2011 from Call of the Dead. We never did verify the date and time for Moon. I would bet my money that Moon onwards takes place in the near future.

To answer the Samantha whereabout question, Richtofen was not there to see Samantha take control in the Aether. He locked Maxis and Samantha in the room with the Hellhound and all three took the MTD straight to Moon (Griffin Station). At that moment, he only surmised their deaths. Fluffy went missing, Maxis was killed - only to be sucked into the station's mainframe- and Samantha was teleported directly into the MPD. Upon arriving in Kino, Richtofen questions where Samantha disappeared to since his team at Griffin Station did not physically see Samantha anywhere, but heard her voice. Nobody made it out alive to tell Richtofen that she took control in the Aether. In other words, Richtofen actually did not know what became of Samantha since he knew she was not dead (the zombies, Fly Trap Easter Egg, etc).

I believe Richtofen did know that Samantha was in the pyramid shortly after she arrived there, due to the radios from Moon. The radios describe Maxis betraying the two, Sam arriving at Griffin Station and being chased by GS members (Groph and Schuster saw her), and then Groph contacts Richtofen and tells him where Sam is at (in Aether). Richtofen knows what to do get her out, and tells Groph to find Maxis, as Ed logically assumes Maxis went to Griffin Station, but he went to a "wretched tunnel" instead. It's unclear when and how Maxis was killed, but it's common belief that he was shot at the end of the last Moon radio.

Dr. Groph: -tor Schuster, Report.

Dr. Schuster: The tanks are full and the shields are down. The machine is humming nicely.

Dr. Groph: Good, but what of the shipment?

Dr. Schuster: Most are buried outside of the base, the live ones we’ve sent back to Kustover Posten.

Dr. Groph: Excellent, then there is nothing left but to wait for Dr. Richtofen’s return.

Dr. Schuster: Perhaps this is a good time to work on my low gravity putting in the bio-dome.

Dr. Groph: Yes, I did believe that time would-

*Alarm sounds: “Intruder Detected - Receiving Bay”*

Dr. Groph: Security, Report.

*Static*

Dr. Groph: Can you repeat?

Dr. Schuster: She’s coming right towards the-

*A girl’s scream heard*

Dr. Groph: Get her!

Dr. Schuster: Get back here!

*Girl’s screams are retreating, running footsteps heard*

Dr. Groph: Nein! Do not let her-

*A loud bang, smashing glass and hissing gas sounds are heard*

Dr. Groph: Dammit, Dr. Schuster, find a way to get her out of the pyramid, I will contact Edward, let him know there’s been an incident.

Dr. Richtofen: How did she end up there? No matter, I know what must be done, in the meantime see if you can find Dr. Maxis, perhaps he can talk some sense into her.

Dr Groph: Did you not deal with him already?

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, but if the child ended up here, then Maxis must be somewhere too. Find him.

Dr Groph: How do you propose-

Dr. Richtofen: Dr. Groph I cannot do everything for you. I leave this in your capable hands. There is much to be done.

Dr. Groph: Yes Doctor.

Dr. Richtofen: Oh and Groph?

Dr. Groph: Yes?

Dr. Richtofen: I'd keep an eye out for an evil looking dog while you're at it.

Dr. Groph: Hope this works. Schuster, power it up.

*Hissing gas and a loud bang are heard*

*Computerized voice: “Systems Nominal. Accessing Pyramid Device. Interface via M.P.D. active. Accessing M.P.D.. M.P.D. integrity check nominal. Awaiting input."*

Dr. Groph: Excellent, bring the sample.

*Loud bangs heard*

*Computerized voice: “Analyzing M.P.D.. Creating profile. Profile Created.”*

Dr. Groph: Excellent. Now, scan for target.

Dr. Schuster: Yes Doctor.

*Gas hissing and bangs are heard once again*

*Computerized voice: “Target located.”*

Dr. Groph: Bring him here, immediately.

*Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards*

Dr. Schuster: Greetings, Dr. Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel?

Dr. Groph: None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in.

*Static*

Dr. Maxis: Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to know you were safe from harm-

*Sam opens the pyramid & a girl crying is heard crying.*

Samantha Maxis: Daddy!

Dr. Maxis: I love you, Samantha.

Samantha Maxis: I love you too Daddy.

Dr. Maxis: Can you do something for me? Something very important.

Samantha Maxis: Yes.

Dr. Maxis: Kill them... all.

*A gunshot is heard and something falls to the ground*

Dr. Maxis: No!

*Gas hisses*

Samantha Maxis: (Demonic Laughter) Hahahaha

Dr Groph: We are doomed.

The order in which the maps are seen in are more than likely as you state. It's confusing as to how the crew arrives in the Russian Cosmodrome on Lunar Landers, yet comes into Call of the Dead via teleporter. Something happened that we are not fully seeing here.

Couldn't agree more. That is one of the most frustrating parts of the BO story is how they ended up with that freaking Lunar Lander. And why he has on a spacesuit. I also feel like there's something big we missed.

And the reason that can only conclude this is that Moon and Nuketown Zombies actually occurred AFTER the 1980's - perhaps even a little into the future of our present. That means progressively after 2011 from Call of the Dead. We never did verify the date and time for Moon. I would bet my money that Moon onwards takes place in the near future.

I believe the NTZ description was Treyarch's way of giving us a time frame for Moon, as they happened simultaneously. The description describes the event of NTZ (and thus Moon as well), taking place shortly after the MP Nuketown map. We know the MP map happened in the 60's, which would place the events of Moon in the 60's. This is where my head starts to hurt. I think Green Run almost has to be after the 80's, but NTZ almost has to be in the late 60's.

Ugh, back to the drawing board.

Thanks for your help as always Infest. Hopefully DLC2's radios will hold some answers to our questions.

• 1 year later...