CoDz official Die Rise general feedback and first impression

MegaAfroMan

Played it for like 20min or so. First impression? Hell yeah!

http://www.twitch.tv/tomkzombies/b/372370507

The map is very confusing at first. Even if you tell someone to explain the map to you, all you see is something like this:

And you're like... wtf.

After a few games i noticed, that I can only drop down, not going up - something very weird. The second day, someone finally explained me that elevators are the only way up, besides the Jumper at some places. After understanding how you travel, that there are 3 buildings, that bottom floor of spawn building is split into two areas, and so on, a lot of confuse disappeared.

The looping spots are often not flat, making it hard for headshots. Or in other words, Ray / M&S / Sliquifier, that don't require aim, got promoted, while as guns that should be used more often imho (Everything with bullets, Double Tap, Head Popper) gets a bit downrated. Sad.

A nice wonderweapon. Finally.

A major problem stays. Once downed, you have to travel around for x minutes, until you got your perks back. It just gets annoying to wait for 4 elevators being at the right floor, travelling from your death spot to power building, to spawn building, back to running spot... Bit annoying, but at least better than in Green Run. I'm just afraid double-downs (down once, down again cause no jug = game end in solo) will stay a common issue. That's not what the game should be about. OK, who's who works against this problem, that's nice.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impressions are that GLP is a great map which offers a challenge.

The tight corners, small rooms and sudden twists keep you on your toes. I've played about five low rounds games and the layout is still surprising, somehow I just can't seem to memorize this map as quickly as I could the others.

The jumpers are a pain & are a little bit too overpowered IMO. They seem to pin you in a corner and keep you their until you meet your doom. Not saying I don't like them, they are a great addition and offer even more to the game & makes you think ahead, wondering what they are going to do next. Saying this though they can take a heck of a lot of bullets...

The new WW is great! a fresh idea which also offers its own challenge when manoeuvring.

Finally I want to look at the height of the map, yes I want to look at the sheer drops to the depths below. One false move and it's all over, I love it, yes I've fallen a few times & they offer great reflections back to the game, whenever I fall I get to think about what I just did & what caused me to 'fall' down the pit, such as me not controlling the zombies correctly or something like that.

This has almost everything I want from a map although I still feel that teamwork is lost when it comes to reviving. The new jumpers & the WW have made it so players stick closer together than in TranZit but if I was at one side of the map then I wouldn't be able to get myself to the other side of the map to revive someone, that was something that I loved doing on maps like Der Reise, being able to make my way (whether by teleporter or by running) to the other player to revive them. This maybe because of the size of the map but if this is going to be the case then perhaps make the revive state last longer?

Great map Treyarch! Looking forward to the next one.

I like Die Rise much more than Tranzit mode since it just feels like a traditional map. The trample steams are kinda fun to play around with and strategize with. It's another map that makes it very difficult to revive teammates which is kind of a bummer. Overall, it's fun to play but certainly not my favorite.

Pros:

It actually took me multiple games to wrap my head around the layout

Amazing wonderweapon (*amazing*)

awesome design (MC escher)

New guns (pdw, an94)

Who's who (essentially a more well-balanced tombstone)

New buildables that are actually not useless (trampo-steam is the most useful thing ever)

A boss that is actually hard (hence the name boss) and not just a free Max ammo

It's actually hard

Perk bottles make a return

Forgot to mention that boss is round-based (hellz to the yeah)

Pack a punch that you have to find but once you find it it's easy to access

SOMEBODY GRAB SOME OINTMENT! (Quotes get me every time) *wipes away tear*

We All fall down

High rounds aren't handed to you on a silver platter

We all fall down again

You can get knuckles without sacrificing a part

You rely more heavily on teammates

It is tight like Verrückt but with a few nice training spots. a perfectly balanced map.

No denziens (they weren't that bad but I don't like ANY area specific enemies)

No Flopper (admit it; it was a crutch)

Opening cutscene of excellence

PDW PAP'd is better than what I could hope to Geri from the box. New STRONG guns.

The list goes on but my mind is a little strained right now.

Cons:

I got nothin'. :mrgreen:

except for the slide death glitches

Keep hearing people complain about this. Never happened to me. Had one game where a zombie jumped out as I jumped down the elevator shaft and made me miss my target, but the slide has never given me problems.

• 3 months later...

I thought it was alright. I didn't like the idea of waiting on elevators and risky jumps. Don't get me wrong, I still like the map but I think they could of done better and stuck to what they know instead of trying to be innovative.

• 1 year later...

After reading this thread a couple  years after the fact, I'm shocked so many people had nice things to say about it. Die Rise is horrible, even its name seems like a bastardation of Der Riese. Why have elevators without elevator music? Everything added in Die Rise could be used to screw your self.  In hindsight, I assume that after Tranzit anything different was considered a good thing. Seriously what was Treyarch thinking about from Moon until Mob of the Dead? The maps in between were horrendous.