New info on turned from IGN review

P Diddily

Here is some new info on turned. Apparently it is only on Diner, and u get a new gun for each kill like gun game. Also, zombies are faster and one hit kill the human.

Here’s how it works: four people hop into the Diner map, all of them spawning in as zombies. The first person to reach a syringe becomes the first survivor, with the others attempting to kill them. The zombies are much, much faster than what you fight in Tranzit, and can kill the survivor in one hit. The survivor starts with a revolver, but then, like Gun Game, unlocks new weapons with each kill. Playing the survivor earns you points, and the person with the most points in the end wins.

While I don’t see Turned becoming something legions of people sink hours into the way they do Tranzit, it worked as a nice palette cleanser. Games take less than 10 minutes, and everyone inevitably gets some time as the survivor because, well, surviving is hard. After you kill a zombie there’s a bit of downtime between bringing the next weapon to bear, and this almost always results in zombies getting the drop on you.

The biggest downer when it comes to Turned? It only works on the Diner map. Hopefully it’ll be expanded with future DLC, because for now it becomes repetitious after only a few rounds.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/25/ ... -breakdown

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, thanks.

Did you catch if diner would havesurvival mode?

Everyone assumes so, but...

Why would it? It's basically the same layout as bus depot. A cramped building and an outside area with debris scattered around. There really seems no point in that. Of course then it could be argued that bus depot could have simply hosted turned, but whatever. I don't know.

Interesting, thanks.

Did you catch if diner would havesurvival mode?

Everyone assumes so, but...

Why would it? It's basically the same layout as bus depot. A cramped building and an outside area with debris scattered around. There really seems no point in that. Of course then it could be argued that bus depot could have simply hosted turned, but whatever. I don't know.

Well, you were right.

I would take a bus depot/ndu style survival.

Also bus depot turned would make sense too. Heck farm would be a little bigger, but workable.

Turned needs more customization: different guns, turn off the orange glow, magic on/off.

I'm guessing that if it is a hit, there will be more attention to it from the developers, if not bye bye new turned stuff.