Is Black Ops 2 the end of zombies?

Since World at War we've been discovering all the secrets and great storyline from zombies.

Do you think this story will be ended here in Black Ops 2? In the last DlC?

I, sadly, do.

People say that Maxis intention is to create a triangle with powered spires (Hanford, Shanghai, Paris). Then use it to change the past with a "wormhole" or something to change the world's fate. Similar to the effect of the Bermuda Triangle.

We now know that zombies can have multiple endings depending on the side you choose, Maxis or Richtofen.

I think that the last DLC will be in Moon, again, where we are going to see our original heros again doing the final easter egg to give an end to the master plan of Maxis or Richtofen.

Thoughts?

PD: Sorry for bad english :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, yes, I think it will be the end. World at War set up the story, Black Ops got it going, and Black Ops II will conclude it.

If they didn't, it would be a total milk-the-cow scenario and, in my opinion, I wouldn't even WANT to play zombies if it was in the fourth instalment. It would feel like Treyarch is trying everything they can and running out of ideas, leading to strange maps. It's happened to great games before and I would hate for the possible fourth instalment to create a blemish on an otherwise compelling game series.

• Administrators

I sure hope not.

You read my mind. I enjoy the aspect of some small mode containing such a large, creative, yet exhilarating story while slayin' some zombies. To be quite honest, I love the zombie storyline more so than the campaign from Bo and BO II combined. That really says something when zombies only started as a fun little mode to pass the time.

When you create a standalone zombies game, you force the story to be obvious. The marketing for the game would simply fail unless you are a die-hard fan for slaying zombies and nothing more. We can find the story if Treyarch decides to hide it, however, the average player who is not akin to looking for Easter Eggs will not enjoy the game on the same level we do.

It could be the end of campaing too, i mean Raul Menendez is dead, story is done. This might be the end of Black ops games, but since they are developing MW4 which also looks like its done, there could be endless story, and people would keep buying it, they will get money. So i still think they will make another game.

Honestly, yes, I think it will be the end. World at War set up the story, Black Ops got it going, and Black Ops II will conclude it.

If they didn't, it would be a total milk-the-cow scenario and, in my opinion, I wouldn't even WANT to play zombies if it was in the fourth instalment. It would feel like Treyarch is trying everything they can and running out of ideas, leading to strange maps. It's happened to great games before and I would hate for the possible fourth instalment to create a blemish on an otherwise compelling game series.

Did the Star-Wars prequels make the originals bad movies?

No.

If they continue and the games aren't as good it would still be better than having no game at all. If you don't like the future games, then you wouldn't have to play them and it wouldn't take away from the originals, and people that enjoy the updated graphics and crazy maps would have fun with it. There's a reason why custom maps on WaW zombies are popular, and that's because they are fun.

Honestly you guys sound like spoiled brats. The game is popular. They're not going to end it just because you guys... well I honestly can't see how you can be in your right mind to HOPE the game ends. Btw, that's not an invitation to explain it to me. You will never get me to understand that. This game will continue just like Pokemon continues. You may whine "Another generation? Another 100 Pokemon? Laaaaame." Yet millions of people will love it, and often enough, you will too. How dare you call yourself a Zombies fan.

Honestly you guys sound like spoiled brats. The game is popular. They're not going to end it just because you guys... well I honestly can't see how you can be in your right mind to HOPE the game ends. Btw, that's not an invitation to explain it to me. You will never get me to understand that. This game will continue just like Pokemon continues. You may whine "Another generation? Another 100 Pokemon? Laaaaame." Yet millions of people will love it, and often enough, you will too. How dare you call yourself a Zombies fan.

I can call myself zombie fan without taking all the shit they throw at me.

I started to get interested about zombies because of the story. It was cleverly made brilliant Nazi story behind the scenes. Related to Wunderwaffe and Die Glocke conspiracies and stories.

Then after Kino they thought it was good idea to make the zombies relate to EVERY SINGLE conspiracy from Nazis and Cold War USSR and USA. New characters getting involved to the story and all loopholes regarding most of the characters left unfilled and forgotten.

Treyarch didn't use the potential they had to develop the story. Instead it became something mediocre.

I couldn't care less about some old hobo, hipster and boobs. Why not tell us about Peter, Sophia or background of the Marines with Dempsey?

That's a pretty biased way at looking at it, but okay...

• Moderators

If Activision wouldn't be behind CoD I would say that BO2 will be the zombies finale.

But since it is Activision they will continue with zombies as long as it get's lots of money.

I hope that it won't be the end though.

Because I love this game mode.

I couldn't care less about some old hobo, hipster and boobs.

+1

It may be a bad idea to you, but there will be millions of other gamers who buy it, play it, and love it. That's the beauty of having an opinion, just because someone else doesn't like something, that doesn't mean I can't like it either. Maybe to me, it will be the best game yet, maybe it would be a total failure in my eyes. I don't what the case will be, but I don't care. If zombies end, I'll move on to something else. If they keep coming out with games including zombies, I'll at least give them a shot before assuming it will be awful.

In my mind, I don't particularly enjoy something that is always the same exact thing over and over again. Maybe to someone else, they love something so much, they don't want it to ever change. If I don't like the next installment of zombies, that doesn't mean I'm going to go tell all my friends they shouldn't get it. If they have a good time playing it, then why take that away from them?

Just because you don't like something or the idea of it doesn't mean everyone else will agree with you. It's a matter of perspective really. Nobody can honestly say their reasoning for anything is the end-all be-all argument for that, that's just plain arrogant. I honestly do not mean to offend anyone with this, as that would defeat the whole purpose of my post. I'm just simply trying to say that if you don't like it, so what? Other people inevitably will, and why ruin that experience for them?

It may be a bad idea to you, but there will be millions of other gamers who buy it, play it, and love it. That's the beauty of having an opinion, just because someone else doesn't like something, that doesn't mean I can't like it either. Maybe to me, it will be the best game yet, maybe it would be a total failure in my eyes. I don't what the case will be, but I don't care. If zombies end, I'll move on to something else. If they keep coming out with games including zombies, I'll at least give them a shot before assuming it will be awful.

In my mind, I don't particularly enjoy something that is always the same exact thing over and over again. Maybe to someone else, they love something so much, they don't want it to ever change. If I don't like the next installment of zombies, that doesn't mean I'm going to go tell all my friends they shouldn't get it. If they have a good time playing it, then why take that away from them?

Just because you don't like something or the idea of it doesn't mean everyone else will agree with you. It's a matter of perspective really. Nobody can honestly say their reasoning for anything is the end-all be-all argument for that, that's just plain arrogant. I honestly do not mean to offend anyone with this, as that would defeat the whole purpose of my post. I'm just simply trying to say that if you don't like it, so what? Other people inevitably will, and why ruin that experience for them?

I'm sorry, when did I force my opinion on other people? Saying everything I believe to happen would be fact? I used words like "possibly" and "in my opinion."

Just because I said I probably wouldn't play it doesn't mean I'm trying to tell other people not to. That's just how I see it turning out. Games have burned like that before and like I said, I would hate for it to happen. Note that I didn't say it would happen, just perhaps and probably. Would I want that to happen? Of course not. Am I afraid it would if the story kept going after BOII? Yes, most likely.

In short, I'm not telling anyone and everyone to follow my opinion and treat it like fact. I never did in my original post and I'm not right now.

I'm sorry, when did I force my opinion on other people? Saying everything I believe to happen would be fact? I used words like "possibly" and "in my opinion."

Just because I said I probably wouldn't play it doesn't mean I'm trying to tell other people not to. That's just how I see it turning out. Games have burned like that before and like I said, I would hate for it to happen. Note that I didn't say it would happen, just perhaps and probably. Would I want that to happen? Of course not. Am I afraid it would if the story kept going after BOII? Yes, most likely.

In short, I'm not telling anyone and everyone to follow my opinion and treat it like fact. I never did in my original post and I'm not right now.

I was not saying this to you directly, or at all really. I'm just trying to make a point about this to everybody on both sides of the argument before someone actually tries to do this. I apologize for not clarifying this better, that was my fault.

Personally I hope Treyarch doesn't go crazy and release Black ops 7. I feel it would be for the best if it has a dramatic conclusion, perhaps one that links in with Nacht that way in retrospect...it never ends (perhaps you turn back time board a b12 and crash land).

However, On the topic of there being a Zombies game...I feel it's a clouded judgement of what we want instead of what we need. The sales of such franchise would be very risky as it isn't like a Mario Game where anyone could pick up and play...when it comes to Zombies, It's an ongoing story spanning over 3 games so doing so would make many people shake their heads as to what is going on. Well perhaps they could just buy the previous games? you might ask. Well then that would be an even worse money grab. The fact that you have to buy all of the map packs ect. THEN buy the game, it just doesn't seem right.

A movie could be possible.

That's just my thoughts on this matter, Happy zombie killing.

I think i would go into some type of depression if i knew there wasnt ever going to be another CoD zombies game. I dont know what i would do with my xbox either. :) (i seriously dont play anything else. And im not a big fan of the MW series either.) I think they can do sooooo much more if they wanted too. Not by just telling us the storyline, but by making maps that could fill in the all the tiny cracks about the story. And plus ive been waiting to play some maps that tell the backrounds of our orignal 4. I know I know, some of u like the mystery but i am zombie slayer that can never get enough. Im kinda sad to say it but im a lifer when it come to treyarch and zombies. Plus im so deep into zombies that i get withdrawls if i dont play for 3 days :x And i wish i was just kidding about that. :lol:

Dont think their will be an end for the zombie series, Unless Treyarch stop doing Cod games

One thing that always help Treyach COD series vs. Modern Warfare series are the the Zombi$$$ side-game and Dlc$$$

Maybe they do a short term ending to troll us. Then all of the sudden next Treyarch Cod game they release a continue of the game.

For Us Zombis fans in my opinion its better to have a side game in the never ending CoD series, than a full game that could have an in game ending and without a continuation and if it had wouldn't have the continuity of the COD series

So rejoice my friends were having Zombies for a loooong time...

Purhaps they can use a compleate game for zombies.... Like Cod 11, Zombies... Where we go back through and compleate everything in zombies, theres a campaign with cutscenes and clear storyline, and multiplayer will still be multiplayer but will be listed under "humans" and you can use wonder weapons in that mode, AND there will be a survival mode for all the maps! As well as greif, turned and any other type of mode they can add! It would make the greatest COD game ever!

Then they could put it to rest... But I want so wing like this FIRST and maybe even 1 more game with zombies.... But don't stretch it trayarch!

There is no way they will stop making zombies it just draws in too much cash, which is what it's all about at the end of the day, and I for one am happy to throw them whatever they want in return for zombies. The enjoyment I get out of playing zombies is rivalled only by minecraft. :D

I personally think that we will see Richtofen and Maxis begin to work together against a common enemy, that is, whoever is controlling the controller inside the pyramid. Probably the vrilya, although I'm not that well versed on all the theories around that.

Just my $1.15 worth

It could be the end of campaing too, i mean Raul Menendez is dead, story is done. This might be the end of Black ops games, but since they are developing MW4 which also looks like its done, there could be endless story, and people would keep buying it, they will get money. So i still think they will make another game.

Mw3 was bad... Mw4 will be AWFUL!

Trayarch isnt stupid though... With the alternate endings they can't REALY continue the story...

Theres plenty of room for cameo appearances and what-not... (I personally still love resnov, dead or illusion!) but purhaps they'll go back to older warfare like in the 60s or before... Future warfare seems to supply plenty of imagination... But doesnt stick well enough to their roots... I'm sure we'll be fine with whatever they give us... Even if it means going all the way back to the revolutionary war, or the civil war... (Hey it worked for assassins creed!)