Tedd's hat

Juggernoggle

On tedds hat (the bus driver) it says 'Bloodhound 1304' or '1104'. Bloodhound is a guidance system used in many vehicles. Most commonly found on planes. I then searched 1304 and 1104. I found some information regarding a plane crash in 1961. It is believed that the plane some how crashed into a meteor. Im not too sure how meteors relate to zombies but I think 115 is found in meteors or something. It would be really helpful if someone could get back to me on this.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just a slight correction: the hat says "Bloodhound 1104". Just adding that so nobody is confused. ;)

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/ ... 01304.html

I'm assuming you read this page, yes? It may have just been a nod to the guidance system. Kind of a GPS system when you really look at it. As far as planes crashing into meteors go, it could be looked at as an event that might have occurred in zombies much similar to that. The first instance I think up is Nacht der Untoten, but the plane did not crash into a meteor.

Nevertheless, good research. :)

• Administrators

That very interesting about the GPS guidance system. I didn't know that. Maybe that's why they choose 'bloodhound'

I always thought it was just reference to 'Greyhound Bus Lines' & Consolidated Coach Company

That's what I always assumed as well. I thought it was just some knock-off name for the ever-popular bus line.

I did, however, check to see if the "Bloodhound" bus line exists in any way and got this:

http://www.cdrex.com/bloodhound-bus-lin ... 64939.html

Just a little history note here: the Consolidated Coach Corporation (now known as the Southeastern Greyhound Lines) started in 1926. The same group that formed the corporation also created The Motor Transit Corporation, whose name was then changed to The Greyhound Corporation three years later. It wasn't until 1936 when the Consolidated Coach Corporation became renamed as the Southeastern Greyhound Lines.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

as i recall, the bus license plate is model of plane, xp 79, which was faulty so they attached two Westinghouse 19-B jet engines and re named the plane XP 79b (which i think is the reason for the jet gun weapon). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_XP-79

"The XP-79B (after delays because of bursting tires and brake problems on taxiing trials on the Muroc dry lake) was lost during its first flight on 12 September 1945. While performing a slow roll 15 minutes into the flight, control was lost for unknown reasons. The nose dropped and the roll continued with the aircraft impacting in a vertical spin. Test pilot Harry Crosby attempted to bail out but was struck by the aircraft and fell to his death. Shortly thereafter, the second prototype (43-52438) and the overall project was cancelled."