Were We Wrong?

I like to think that Moon takes place in the 60's and if that was so, Green Run would have to be in the 80's (because Maxis said he was searching for survivors for "decades" which would have to be at least 20 years). I'm not sure about you guys, but buildings don't look at futuristic at all. I'm pretty sure that this also takes place in the 80's. But all in all, did you guys expect a more damaged environment in these maps (Green Run, Die Rise, Nuketown) after getting hit by three super-powerful missiles. After all, we thought the Earth was actually destroyed after that.

Also, if you point to the elevators in being futuristic, if you look those are the developers screens. Another view of the same shaft shows it darker and normal, with more texture on the walls.

TEDD mentions the HAARP Research Station, which wasn't built until 1993. Marlton also demonstrates knowledge of 2025-era weaponry, not to mention the futuristic underground facilities beneath Green Run. Also, CotD appears to be set in the 2000s, and the radio on Shangri-La is made by ANDO, a media company that was created in 2004. If Moon and up were to take place in the 60s/80s, it would mean that CotD and Shangri-La would never have occurred and Richtofen wouldn't have retrieved the Focusing Stone and Vril Generator. Might just be a continuity error on Treyarch's part, but I believe that we're in the 2000s right now.

As for CotD following Ascension, Takeo mentions Lunar Landers in Shangri-La, which is confirmed to take place after CotD, thus confirming CotD came after Ascension (Dempsey also mentions Gersch in CotD). Also, why would three be no nuclear tests just because it's the modern age?

And the international OWNED award goes to... :lol:

Haha, why thank you! :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the four heroes used some kind of teleporter.

Chances are they did... I myself couldn't put up with TEDD for a 27 day bus ride over molten lava that used to be ocean...

Don't call them the four heros... There are the eight heros, the four heros on moon, and these guys, we can refer to them as team awsome or gold team or anoint else... But the the four heros are Nikolai, takeo, tank, and the anti-hero richtofen...

Time line is nothing in a game that focuses on teleporting and time shifts. How can a timeline be known if you do not even know where it ends...for all we know it may go right back to 1945 in the end.....no way of knowing fellers only strongly supported/refuted internet speculation.

ok 3 main deposits 3 missles

we all no that shi no numa had a large deposit where a rocket hit

we all no that a rocket hit nuketown (where is da 115 easter egg maybe?)

we all no that a rocket hit near or at green run ( where be da 115)

We all.... no?!

Where.... be da!?

Learn to spell...

But lets get to the point... a rocket never hit nuketown, nuketown is located next to Sedan crater in Area 51 in U.S.A Sedan crater is know as the largest man made crater in the Northen America, possibly even the whole world. And no rocket hit nuketown it would be completely gone, just its small meteors hitting it. Also with green run, if a rocket hit it it would be completly gone... Its just small meteors slowly destroying the place. So you are completely wrong with that.

And also i did not understand what are you trying to say at all :P Just tried to tell you that.

What have you been smoking???? Have you even played Nuketown? (ultimate face palm). JK, but really?

Anyway if you think about it, our current timeline (as of moon ee), would have completely froze humanity in its tracks. Green Run could take place in 2025 for all we know. Don't even try this Marlton stuff on me, he's in the bunker on Nuketown, so what? Time Travel is a key part of the storyline, and who says Marlton didn't travel back in time at a later date to collect something from the Bunker? The characters seem to have a decent idea of survival, so they could have been doing this for a while.

Sorry if this is a bit long. Feel free to s**t on my theory but don't just forget it.

I like the idea of involving time travel and Marlton coming back to the Nuketown bunker to get something. Before blops2 there was a lot of time travel going on, especially by Richtofen. He had been to every map before the other 3. A few of his quotes confirm this. This shows that Richtofen had control of when and where he teleported which for me proves that its possible our new 4 will learn how to do the same. Maybe in one of the next DLC's we will see Marlton needing to teleport back to the bunker.. you know what I mean?

Im just going to point out NONE of us can prove anyone correct! And it's going to stay that way until trayarch gives us more info,..

Let's just hope that Treyarch gives us more story-wise in Die Rise than they did in Green Run.

Also cotd happens after Assension because richtofen doesn't have his rod, it's shown he has it in shangri la, but not Assension... So therefor, it is before COTD...

Fair enough, I almost forgot the main reasons they went to these maps. :lol:

And nact was the first outbreak I beleive... Where did you hear was the first?
I remember reading it from a Treyarch developer. I'll sift through some old interviews and find you the link.

And as for nukelear testing... Why not? They could have stumbled upun a new type of element (115) and attempted nukelar research on it... Leading to zombies..

That's actually the most popular theory on Nuketown right now. But just as it could happen in 2025, it could happen in 1960.

It's still all speculation as you said.

But, in my defense, the little quote under Moon when you look at it in the zombie menu, it's a quote from J.F.K isn't it. And I don't need to tell you that J.F.K was president during the 60's. Why have a quote from J.F.K on a map from 2025?

Civilization, the industrial complex, basically most of all that would be "Modern" as we know it ended in 1960's the day the Missile Strike, but that was THEN this is Now. It's 2025, or close to it.

Seriously, how hard is it to come to that conclusion?

But funny thing? I really don't give a crap about what Date the game is, I'm just going to continue playing and finish whatever Maxis or Richtofen wants us to do.

And I think I know what that is.

Nuketown was based in the 1960's. Nuketown Zombies is based off Nuketown. Nuketown Zombies is based during Moon. This means that Moon was somewhere in the 1960's.

Nope... Because Five happens at the same time as Assension, and one quote from richtofen says: We must have gone too far into da future in COTD, the map after Assension...

Um, Sparse is still right. Yeah, Ascension and "Five" happen at the same time. But so do Moon and Nuketown. There's no denying that.

If Moon and up were to take place in the 60s/80s, it would mean that CotD and Shangri-La would never have occurred and Richtofen wouldn't have retrieved the Focusing Stone and Vril Generator. Might just be a continuity error on Treyarch's part, but I believe that we're in the 2000s right now.

Not a continuity error. Richtofen did those things. Call of the Dead and Shangri-La don't happen in Richtofen's timeline. Just remember, everytime he time-travelled, especially to the past, it created a new timeline. For the current timeline from Moon/Nuketown onwards, Richtofen was in control. Only in this timeline though.

The Call of the Dead timeline still exists, we just don't view it's events. We know that the three missiles never hit in that timeline though, because Richtofen doesn't have his tools yet.

Basically, everything happened to Richtofen because we're following HIS journey.

There could've been a timeline we're Takeo steals the Vril Generator, swaps bodies with Sam and does nothing at all. But we aren't following it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen in another timeline though, along with an infinite range of possibilites.

It's why I believe Nuketown/Moon to be the 60's. For Green Run, I don't know. I'm thinking 80's, but there isn't clear cut evidence to suggest a DEFINITE time on for him.

That's not necessarily true. He says he's still getting use to the Aether, not that he's just now getting use to it. It wouldn't be possible for Green Run to happen so soon after the nukes hit because even 2-5 years, there would still be a significant amount of fallout, chaos, and zombies.

The Crew wouldn't be able to survive that. That is why I'm saying they stayed hunkered down somewhere and decades later emerged to survive the aftermath. Marlton could be in his late 40s for all we know.

Just so you know, a city can become inhabitable after a nuclear attack in a month. Aside from that, I would say that there IS a significant amount of fallout, chaos, and zombies in Green Run.

Who's to say it's ONLY a nuclear attack? There's got to be some E115 on earth or on those rockets to cause the entire population to zombify. Anyway back on topic?...

Not a continuity error. Richtofen did those things. Call of the Dead and Shangri-La don't happen in Richtofen's timeline. Just remember, everytime he time-travelled, especially to the past, it created a new timeline. For the current timeline from Moon/Nuketown onwards, Richtofen was in control. Only in this timeline though.

The Call of the Dead timeline still exists, we just don't view it's events. We know that the three missiles never hit in that timeline though, because Richtofen doesn't have his tools yet.

Basically, everything happened to Richtofen because we're following HIS journey.

There could've been a timeline we're Takeo steals the Vril Generator, swaps bodies with Sam and does nothing at all. But we aren't following it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen in another timeline though, along with an infinite range of possibilites.

It's why I believe Nuketown/Moon to be the 60's. For Green Run, I don't know. I'm thinking 80's, but there isn't clear cut evidence to suggest a DEFINITE time on for him.

Finally, someone who believes in the alternate timeline theory. :D

That doesn't prove my theory wrong...

What exactly is your theory?

Nuketown was based in the 1960's. Nuketown Zombies is based off Nuketown. Nuketown Zombies is based during Moon. This means that Moon was somewhere in the 1960's.

Nope... Because Five happens at the same time as Assension, and one quote from richtofen says: We must have gone too far into da future in COTD, the map after Assension...

Um, Sparse is still right. Yeah, Ascension and "Five" happen at the same time. But so do Moon and Nuketown. There's no denying that.

This is my "theory", it shows JFK was in office durring Assension, which happens before COTD, and cotd is "TOO far intro the future" meaning COTD is much farther after JFK, and don't sit here and tell me anymore (I'm sorry if this next bit offends anyone) crap about backwards time travel, the maps arnt in order, further into the future could still be the 60s, or multiple time lines, there's obviously alternate time lines, the world where Nacht did happen and the world where nact didnt happen (our world), or any other mess like that, I'm sorry but I am sick of rehearing the exact same theory's about those bits, over and over... Every time someone makes a "timeline theory" thread, I always put in my two sense worth and almost always get those exact excuses to why my idea wouldnt be the case... But that's my idea and I'm sticking with it! Jut trying to enlighten others as well....

You can't deny the quotes or the events

*Added in Black Ops, the following radio refers to the teleportation from Der Riese to Kino Der Toten*

Tank Dempsey: Ugh.. where are we?

Nikolai Belinski: A better question is...

Dr. Edward Richtofen: When the hell are we?

Nikolai: NO! Where the hell is my Vodka?!

Dr. Edward Richtofen: Yes of course! The DG-2 must have overloaded the teleporter ripping space-time, back tracing us across the future! How Wonderful!

*Takeo throws up, dropping Nikolai's vodka*

Richtofen:- ah look, now I can see the problem. We must of gone too far into the future. The teleporter is completely broken.The time circuits are damaged. We'll have to reboot the 'static'

Dempsey:- Wait you took us here on purpose? Where are we?

Richtofen:- A better question Dempsey is...

“Nothing happened, at least in this reality” (said when picking up a negative(red) power up)

Of course we play the maps in the correct order, but we Time travel, not just Teleport.

We go from Five/Ascension 1960's to 2011 COTD, where they time travelled....The Events of Moon hadn't sent the missiles to earth in Call of the Deads 'Reality'

You can't deny the quotes.

Russman is protected some how (maybe he worked for a test subject for aperture ?)

Where in the all living unforgiving hell did you pull this theory from

MOTHER OF GOD IT WAS A JOKE! WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE THINK IT WAS A REAL IDEA?!? aperture is in no way part of zombies... What I was emplementing is that russman didn't survive the nukes by sitting in his box sippin tea! No! He had to have some kind of super-effective protection! As a JOKE I said aperture hired him, as that what they did in portal 2...

Finally, someone who believes in the alternate timeline theory. :D

What exactly is your theory?

Alrighty, all buy this alternate timeline theory. But the mentioning of the HAARP station, Marlton's knowledge of 2025 weapons and the uniforms of the Zombies in Die Rise (they look oddly similar to soldiers from the campaign) make me believe we're sometime in the 2020s. I hope we can get some kind of confirmation quote in DLC and settle the debate.

Oh I wasn't trying to prove your theory wrong. You said no to one or all of those things he said, but they are all true.

You are right and you are wrong in that the maps take place in order.

The events of a map (except possibly Nacht with the second outbreak thing) of course take place in order.

Going by time and date, they do not. Chronologically, if we are going by the date, it's all jumbled up.

I'm using Tac's thread on the Date & Time for each map here. Of course there still isn't a definite date, but it's approximately close to it.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11967

Going by that its:

Nacht der Untoten (possibly after Verruckt)

Verruckt

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

"Five"/Ascension

Moon/Nuketown

Kino der Toten

Green Run

Shangri-La

Call of the Dead

If infact Green does take place in 2025, than it is moved to under Call of the Dead, making it the most recent map in time.

Past Shangri-La also needs to be considered. No definite information, but it could be at the same time as Der Riese, due to the eclipse. That is only speculation though, all we know is it's in the past.

and don't sit here and tell me anymore (I'm sorry if this next bit offends anyone) crap about backwards time travel, the maps arnt in order, further into the future could still be the 60s, or multiple time lines, there's obviously alternate time lines, the world where Nacht did happen and the world where nact didnt happen (our world), or any other mess like that, I'm sorry but I am sick of rehearing the exact same theory's about those bits, over and over... Every time someone makes a "timeline theory" thread, I always put in my two sense worth and almost always get those exact excuses to why my idea wouldnt be the case...

If you think your theory is right then go ahead and prove us wrong, until then, people are still going to spout out sparatic and complicated theories until they are proven untrue. ;)

Question: Alternate timelines aside for a minute. Do the multiplayer maps coincide or have any relation or relevance to zombies?

For example.. By the existence of Nuketown 2025 in all its shiny glory would this insinuate that eventually the world would overcome the zombie apocalypse and rebuild? Bringing alternate timelines into the mix then it could just be on a timeline where the apocalypse never occurred.

I'm going to take an educated guess that you guys are going to say they are irrelevant to each other. Which is acceptable. I would also like to make the statement that if we are dealing with alternate timelines/realities then ANYTHING Treyarch comes up with would be possible.

I've heard all the blops quotes and agree with Tac, Pinnaz, and Rissole on the whole timeline piece. Not only because it just makes sense but also because they all do outstanding research and work and in my opinion are some of the most respectable, knowledgeable guys on this site when it comes to zombies.

Die Rise!!! Hooo-rah!!

Thanks CrazyTrain. But there are better people on this site than me haha.

Nuketown 2025 ironically does not take place in 2025. This is what it says in the little Hardened Edition book.

"Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favourite map re-imagined in a 1960's visionary depiction of the "model home of the future".

Actually, reading that again, it could be in 2025. But why build a town which you are going to nuke, do not nuke it for 60 years, than all of a sudden decide to nuke it? I believe this was built after the original Nuketown was nuked, since there's a picture of the old Nuketown in 2025 version. Only in the original timeline though.

If we are following Richtofen's timeline, than the rockets hit earth, and of course Nuketown 2025 would not have been built (seeing that the site was directly hit).

There are links to Zombies in the Campaign and Multiplayer of World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops 2. However, it is a hard line when you have different timelines involved.

Some say they are irrelevant, some say they are relevant. We use Multiplayer map information to find out some critical things about maps (Hangar 18, Nuketown 2025), you have Edward Richtofen books, the sticky notes. There are more clues in the Campaign though.

Ultimately it's up to you decide. I believe they are all linked, but very loosely. Black Ops 2 Campaign and Multiplayer can be circumstantial since the world is normal during those. However Black Ops and World at War I believe co-incide with the events of it.

Question: Alternate timelines aside for a minute. Do the multiplayer maps coincide or have any relation or relevance to zombies?

For example.. By the existence of Nuketown 2025 in all its shiny glory would this insinuate that eventually the world would overcome the zombie apocalypse and rebuild? Bringing alternate timelines into the mix then it could just be on a timeline where the apocalypse never occurred.

I'm going to take an educated guess that you guys are going to say they are irrelevant to each other. Which is acceptable. I would also like to make the statement that if we are dealing with alternate timelines/realities then ANYTHING Treyarch comes up with would be possible.

I'm no expert by any means, I'm just trying to put the pieces together as logically as I can.

It's a good question you raise CrazyTrain, it's something that is a bit shady but this is a description on Nuketown from the BO2 Webpage. It must of been written or approved by the Zombie Dev team, not just someone from Activision writing it?

Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies.

So at the end of the Black Ops 1 Nuketown multiplayer game, the nuke is dropped & kills all Soilders that were fighting there. The radiation scientists go in to examine the remains & are encountered by Soilder Zombies & the radiation scientists are turned, hence why there are both of these types in zombie form.

Nuketown 2025 on the other hand, who knows if it's still the same timeline 60 years after the original? Or a different reality? Very shadey & possibly no relevance?

Is this the first Multiplayer map that has been directly linked to Zombie mode like this in the story?

Trying to keep this on topic & including Die Rise, the clear skies really intrigue me as to what time period Due Rise is set in? (even though we have only seen half a second of footage)

Edit - sorry Rissole, I wrote this before I saw your post.

And as Rissole said about the EE in the multiplayer & campaign modes there's heaps, look at BO2 for instance,

QED in the 2nd campaign level,

Sedan & Power Posters,

BO1

Is it woods or Mason who have the 115 Tattoo?

Richtofen books in MP Nuketown

As we are talking about timelines as i did with tac ages when i put the first timeline thread up in blops 1 days. We can only travel forward in time right? We havent ever gone back in time in the storyline so that should always be the basis for alternate timeline theories.

I love re going over the timelines but ive always done so with the stipulation of time travel only going forward, has there been quotes suggesting time travel going back in time? Could it even be possible? It brings up alot of new theories if so, however doubtful it may be