Zombie buffs?

Technicuddle

Does anyone else agree that unless they buff the Zombies at round 1 then everything is going to be WAY too easy.

I mean i don't think i would enjoy playing as a Zombie if when you get close you just keep getting 1 hit killed by an Olympia or getting 1 hit knifed.

Maybe they'll buff the Zombies somehow? Give them more health, special powers (Like shirker or Napalm) or just make you be able to swipe as fast as you can press the RT or R1 button down.

I hope it turns out like Gears of War 3's hoard mode honestly.

What're your guys thoughts?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Perhaps it is similar to the good ol' "Michael-Myers" game mode, with some quirks. Y'know, where there are only a select few players as innocent civilians with a crappy gun/melee weapon and the person who is "Myers" will be extremely quick with a knife but susceptible to one-hit kill. In this zombies mode, however, our zombie player won't be fast, yet, will maintain juggernaut status later on in the rounds or whatever they count as "wins".

I'm guessing you wil start slow and become faster and faster. I don't think it will be as easy as everyone thinks being the human. No trains lol :P

BOOM! No training, this mode does seem pretty good but I do agree that zombies need to be buffed up. It could still be round based though, perhaps each player starts at round 1, 1 player is the human and the rest (7 possibly) are the zombies, that human lasts as long as they can then when a zombie catches them they turn into a zombie and then the zombie that attacked turns into a human starting at the round that they are on so

Player 1 (Human)- Lasts until round 5

Player 2 (Zombie)- Attacks Player 1 and then takes its place at round 1

Player 1 (Now a zombie)- Attacks Player 2, changes into human and starts back at round 5 (the round it last got up to). This means that it gets progressively harder to win the game & it is a battle to see who can kill the human and take control of the game!

The player with the highest round score at the end of the time (or first to get to a set round) wins the game!

Chances are this won't even work like the regular zombies mode with round based counts and all. More than likely it will be Treyarch's way of reintroducing "Infection" Thing I'm curious about is the lobby. Is it going to be against ALL player-controlled zombies and have a 12-18 player lobby? Or just have a few "special" typed zombies for human players and a regular sized lobby? I certainly hope it's the first one.

Chances are this won't even work like the regular zombies mode with round based counts and all. More than likely it will be Treyarch's way of reintroducing "Infection" Thing I'm curious about is the lobby. Is it going to be against ALL player-controlled zombies and have a 12-18 player lobby? Or just have a few "special" typed zombies for human players and a regular sized lobby? I certainly hope it's the first one.

Thank you for rein-iterating my theory :mrgreen:

I don't think the Zombies will be buffed. The mode looks more focused on teamwork so downing the lone human might not be so hard. Plus with no perk machines and (I'd imagine) up to 7 zombies chasing you, it will take a lot of wit and skill to survive for a long time. I'm not liking the thought of the Olympia as the weapon of choice ether. Sure it will grant a one hit kill for a while but 2 shells isn't nearly enough to clear a group. Unless the M1911 is your secondary.

It's not the human player glowing orange...It's the CDCs yellow hazmat suit...

Either way you CAN clearly see the human player through a wall in Diner.

Im with you on this, you CAN see the player through the wall and he is glowing orange...

It looks to be a sort of Zombie Vision this was 1 of the first things i noticed when watching the trailer.

I didn't see a round ticker on the screen durring the sneak peaks... This could mean there IS no rounds, or we just didnt see it...

My theory's:

There are no rounds, however each time you respawn you become slightly stronger...

There are rounds, but , much like gun game, after a certain amount of points, you get a different weapon, say starting off as a olympia, but later becoming a pistol, a smg, a riffle, a sniper, a grenade launcher :| , just emps, and the jet gun.. (This is just suggestions I doubt the jetgun will be a gun level, or this order) and each time your killed you LOSE points, (say 100 points per kill, 10 points lost upon death..) after reaching a score limit, (or time limit), the game ends. There will not be buyable weapons, and if you loose too many points your demoted down to a lesser gun...

Like this:

0-1000 Olympia

1001-2000 M14

2001-3000 Mp5 k

3001-4000 Bus Pistol (more points)

4001-5000 Sdr (I love the snipers in this game and would love to see them in this mode)

5001-6000 Fal

6001-7000 ballistic knifes (ohhhhh.... That's a pain)

7001-8000 galvaknuckles/bowie ONLY :D

8001-9000 (no galvaknuckles anymore) war machine

9001-10000 claymores, emps, and frags(or Semtex) .... No other gun...

And last theory is that the whole thing is only a few minutes long and you ONLY get the olympia until you have the points to buy a better gun, HOWEVER by buying a better gun, if you die, the new player has the better weapon as well, highest points at the end wins!

It looks like killing the human makes you switch roles with them, so my guess is that the winner will be based on time spent human as well as human and zombie kills.

Here's my idea. No rounds, just your lobby of zombie's with one human. Up to 7 zombies I suppose. This is one single never ending round. You sprint from the start as a zombie and can kill in two hits. The player just tries to kill zombies and not get overwhelmed. They can only buy wall weapons as a human. If a zombie is killed it comes back with health and speed of one round higher. For example at the start of the game you have Round 1 health. You get killed as a zombie 10 times and now have the health and speed of a round 11 zombie. BUT every time a human is killed the zombie that killed it becomes the player. Every time a new player comes into the human position the zombie's health and speed resets.

I could just be horribly wrong, but that's how I imagine it.