Why The Crew is in China

Flammenwerfer

Now, I hate assuming, but let's assume that the map takes place in Shanghai. A quick Google search brings up this image(and many others):

See that large tower on the left? That is the Oriental Pearl Tower, which was the tallest structure in China from 1994-2007 at 468 m (1,535 feet) high. What kind of tower is it?

It is a radio/tv tower.

Perhaps the new side mission in Die Rise is to re-activate this tower and communicate with our fellows on the Moon?

EDIT: Also liked to point out this:

Look how "far east" Shanghai is. ;)

EDIT 2: Also, here's another thing that's worth a mention.

Take a look at one of the towers from the Zhoushan Island Overhead Powerline Tie, located in Damao, China.

Look familiar? It should, because it's literally an electrical pylon. Plus, Damao is further east than Shanghai, sitting on an island.

Here's the quote from Wikipedia.

The Zhoushan Island Overhead Powerline Tie is a 220 kV three phase AC interconnection of the power grid of Zhoushan Island with that of the Chinese mainland. It runs over several islands and consist of several long distance spans, the longest with a length of 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi) south of Damao Island. This span uses two 370 metres (1,214 ft) tall pylons, which are the tallest electricity pylons in the world. The north tower on Damao Island (大猫岛) was completed in 2009, and the south tower on Liangmao Island (凉帽岛) was completed in 2010. These pylons resemble those of the Messina Strait, but are steel tube lattice structures.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I hate assuming, but let's assume that the map takes place in Shanghai. A quick Google search brings up this (and many others) image:

See that large tower on the left? That is the Oriental Pearl Tower, which was the tallest structure in China from 1994-2007 at 468 m (1,535 feet) high. What kind of tower is it?

It is a radio/tv tower.

Perhaps the new side mission in Die Rise is to re-activate this tower and communicate with our fellows on the Moon?

That is a good point!!

The only question is, what happens if we're wrong :? What else could the Green Run group be looking for in China/the Far East (movement :P )

"All the tea in China"? ;)

Marlton and his tea...I would laugh if that was actually the EE and on accident they activate the Pylon.

Haha yes! How about an Element 115 tea-bag accidentally powers the tower? :lol:

Hi this is my first post, but I found something really interesting. When going on google maps to try to find the best route from Hanford, Washington (Green Run) To Shanghai, China (possible Die Rise location). It turns out the route it provided me with went through Hawaii. Remember the quote from T.E.D.D. about going to Hawaii well maybe now it applies to our situation. This could be completely irrelevant but It definitely interesting. (I dont know why it goes through Japan though, I'll leave that to the theorists.)

Here is a screen cap:

Hi this is my first post, but I found something really interesting. When going on google maps to try to find the best route from Hanford, Washington (Green Run) To Shanghai, China (possible Die Rise location). It turns out the route it provided me with went through Hawaii. Remember the quote from T.E.D.D. about going to Hawaii well maybe now it applies to our situation. This could be completely irrelevant but It definitely interesting. (I dont know why it goes through Japan though, I'll leave that to the theorists.)

Here is a screen cap:

Interesting! I wouldn't mind a map in Hawaii...actually, I think I've had my lava fix. :P

Here is a screen cap:

Interesting! I wouldn't mind a map in Hawaii...actually, I think I've had my lava fix. :P

Ha! Would be interesting. Maybe the perks would be in coconuts. And if the map had the O4 Tank could get that girl he's always wanted.