Opinions on Greenrun characters

Hey guys. What are your opinions on the Greenrun characters? These can be general ones, too in depth plot features.

Here are mine:

Marlton: Is a fairly funny character, with some depth due to his involvement in nuketown.

Misty: Bad ass character. Fairly funny, and likeable.

Russman: A boring character with little plot involvement (so far). A few funny quotes.

Samuel: An average failed family man who's paranoid about conspiracy. Reminds me of a bird watcher, or Jim Gordan from Nolan's batman films, if he was discharged from the police service. Will probably have a lot to do with the story line seeing as he can hear Richtofen. The shorts, gotta love the shorts.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit... well I guess butthurt when I found out that we wouldn't play as the original crew, but these new 4 are definitely growing on me.

Misty: My favorite character to play as. Funny quotes and an all around badass.

Russman: My second favorite. Relatable lines, the whitest black man I've ever seen, and I think he's hilarious to play as.

Stulinger: Not the worst character, but certainly not the best. I'm okay playing as him and he has some decent lines. Him being able to hear Rich is definitely interesting, I can see him being used in later maps for Easter Eggs.

Marlton: Dear god no. Painfully irritating character. The new crew's equivalent to Takeo. Only interesting thing is the fact that he has a science background, and I strongly believe that he knows why the Zombies are in Green Run.

Marlton was a genius character. Funny, intelligent quotes, and many subtle hints towards a past being bullied or working with other organizations. Very well voice acted to boot. Magnifique.

Misty is an utter failure character-wise. Transparently trying to create a female Dempsey with none of the charm. An annoying voice is punctuated by a ton of "I'm so cool" and "I'm a masculine woman look at me" stuff. Did I mention she was trying too hard to be Dempsey? Yeah, that comes up alot. In addition to not even being well written, with seemingly fewer lines than the other characters, none of which are any fun to listen to, and lack creativity.

Russman. He's actually quiet (I haven't heard many quotes from him despite playing as him alot), but he seems to be pretty cool. A murky Alzheimer-addled past gives alot of oppourtunity to flesh out the character. I hope they don't push an "I'm old and homeless, hur hur hur" thing on him because that would ruin the foundation they could build so much on.

Sam is... an odd one. I enjoy him as a characcter, with many funny lines. I like the "paranoid conspiracy theorist" thing they went with, but I fear in future he may become a broken record. While I'm not sure why they decided to make his love for food so apparent, it's a nice quirk that stops him from being completely one-dimensional. Since they made him so important to the story, I very much hope he stays likeable.

• Administrators

Marlton was a genius character. Funny, intelligent quotes, and many subtle hints towards a past being bullied or working with other organizations. Very well voice acted to boot. Magnifique.

Misty is an utter failure character-wise. Transparently trying to create a female Dempsey with none of the charm. An annoying voice is punctuated by a ton of "I'm so cool" and "I'm a masculine woman look at me" stuff. Did I mention she was trying too hard to be Dempsey? Yeah, that comes up alot. In addition to not even being well written, with seemingly fewer lines than the other characters, none of which are any fun to listen to, and lack creativity.

Russman. He's actually quiet (I haven't heard many quotes from him despite playing as him alot), but he seems to be pretty cool. A murky Alzheimer-addled past gives alot of oppourtunity to flesh out the character. I hope they don't push an "I'm old and homeless, hur hur hur" thing on him because that would ruin the foundation they could build so much on.

Sam is... an odd one. I enjoy him as a characcter, with many funny lines. I like the "paranoid conspiracy theorist" thing they went with, but I fear in future he may become a broken record. While I'm not sure why they decided to make his love for food so apparent, it's a nice quirk that stops him from being completely one-dimensional. Since they made him so important to the story, I very much hope he stays likeable.

Basically all of this, I agree on. Although it brings quite a diversification from our old group, I think it'll allow us to expand our minds on how we view our crew. None (as far as I'm concerned) have any connection to the military, and can be considered as people "just like us". I mean, c'mon - a narcissistic technological genius, a masculine Southern woman with attitude, a homeless old man with Alzheimer's, and a conspiracy freak that has way too much paranoia that he needs to have. I know it's been discussed that they could soon split into their own factions (Marlton+Abigail / Samuel+Russman), but it is a new approach to creating a new set of playable characters. They may not match our old crew, but I feel that the longer we play with them, the more we'll enjoy them.

Russman: Easily my favorite character. Has very entertaining quotes and lines. And there is just something to hearing someone yell out "I need to go poop" or something like that quote while being chased by a hoard of zombies that makes it so much better.

Samuel: He used to be my favorite however his constant yelling about needed cheese when he is out of ammo is getting on my nerves. Yes I understand you need ammo and cheese just shut up about it.

Marlton: Love the voice actor who did his voice, depicted him perfectly. That being said though, the knife noise made me think he was a girl for awhile. Even after hearing his actual voice the knife voice still made me wonder.

Misty: Hate her, she looks like skank trash because she is skank trash. I'd rather have the silent CIA/CDC guys to play as than her.

Russman: Easily my favorite character. Has very entertaining quotes and lines. And there is just something to hearing someone yell out "I need to go poop" or something like that quote while being chased by a hoard of zombies that makes it so much better.

Samuel: He used to be my favorite however his constant yelling about needed cheese when he is out of ammo is getting on my nerves. Yes I understand you need ammo and cheese just shut up about it.

Marlton: Love the voice actor who did his voice, depicted him perfectly. That being said though, the knife noise made me think he was a girl for awhile. Even after hearing his actual voice the knife voice still made me wonder.

Misty: Hate her, she looks like skank trash because she is skank trash. I'd rather have the silent CIA/CDC guys to play as than her.

Haha, Russ is pretty funny and blunt. Marlton's knifing sounds defiently are questionable, but shows you his reluctance to perform manual labour i guess. Maybe Misty got around in her past, but she's now interested in a non douchebag-kinda guy, (Marlton) so you've got to give her credit for that.

• 3 weeks later...