I don't buy this Die Rise talk...

Stop Mocking Me0

It just doesn't make any since...

Why would trayarch create such epic names such as shangri la, moon, der reise, tranzit, and nact der untoten that simply make your tounge cringe from how awesome it sounds.... And then make a simple "die rise" which isn't even a German phrase...

The way to say "the rise" in German is: "der Anstieg"...

The only thing that would make any sense to me that the map is half German and half English, is that the map will be in Berlin along the Berlin wall, with two seperate halfs... An American and a german... As it was with veruct...

Either that or this whole die rise thing is a fake..

If it does turn out to be this I am making SO many twoface quotes...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. But I am confident that there's something a lot of you are overlooking, and we're possibly gonna have to hear confirmation of Treyarch for the official name of the map.

I wanna mention the DIE part in the name has a red color, and a different font style. It may as well be D1E, because the I looks different on RISE and the other map names than it does on the "DIE". It doesn't seem to be part of the name to me.

It could be like Call of the Dead, where it said 'SURVIVE' before the map name. Inspect the picture if you want, see what I mean? It's still not official yet, but if it really is DIE RISE then I am as you, disappointed.

(Image isn't mine)

WOH WOH! GREAT IDEA!

Back in Germany during the era of the great wall there was the two sides each with their own benefits and consequences, what if the path we chose at green run effects our map at this "DIE RISE"?

Meaning that say, you compleated the maxis side, you would spawn on one side of the map, and if you did richtofen you spawned at the OTHER side of the map, of course if you did both it would be determined by which one you did last, and if you haven't done it you spawn with someone who HAS done it! Oh the possibilitys are ENDLESS! :shock:

I MUST start DRAWING This! I wasn't too keen on this at first but it apears my ERPS has kicked in! MUAHAHAHA HA! :twisted:

• Administrators

Well they even named one map Call of the Dead. Wich I think is most stupid name for zombie map :lol:

Moon.

Moon.

Moon.

Moon.

That is all.

Names of a map do not give too much indication on anything other than the concept of understand the setting. All that we need to know is what the name of the map is, and if it lives up to its name. Simple, yet straight to the point and relates to zombies. It doesn't have to be in some language that we're used to seeing, nor does it need to be not cheesy. I could care less of the map was called "Zombies Invade Some Place That You Never Went To But They're Here Anyways Yet You Can't Stop Them + Easter Egg"; just as long as I understand it's a zombies map, that's my concern.

Well they even named one map Call of the Dead. Wich I think is most stupid name for zombie map :lol:

I get why though. It was going with the whole Romero movie theme. Actually the movie was called Call of the Dead, so I wonder if George was going to include that in his Living Dead series, since they all end with "of the Dead".

But since it and Ascension were in Russia, I wished they'd had a Russian name. Shangri La I'm fine with. Moon is a bit average and boring, but I'm not sure what else it could've been called. Maybe Griffin?

Green Run I'm fine with. But Town, Farm and Bus Depot have to be the most average, boring, crappiest names thus far. Cone on Treyarch! If Town actually had a name, it could've been called that! I know Farm and Bus Depot could've been more creative as well.

If Die Rise is the name of the next DLC, well at least it's somewhat creative. If it's in Tokyo though, well, it should've had a Japanese name like Shi No Numa.

All I've seen of this is some guy posting a picture of a Gamestop. That is not advertising. That is a claim of advertising. When I see the advertisement myself, or when I hear Treyarch mention it, THEN I will believe something. Or should we all go back to Black Ops and play the Zombie map "Survive"?

I've learned to be suspcious of a good many things before believing what some guy tells me.

LOL yeah because someone would take the time to design an incredibly authentic looking poster, place it on an Gamestop rack without permission, and somehow manage to upload it onto the Internet just a few days before Treyarch luckily posts on twitter "No matter what you've got planned for New Year’s Eve, make sure to stay safe. We’ll see you in the new year with some news about DLC."

People who ALWAYS say "fake" and who NEVER believe anything without an official announcement are worse than really gullible people who will believe anything. Jesus, get a grip... Obviously it's real, so what if "Die Rise" sounds a little off? Every map name sounds a little weird before you get used to saying it a lot.

No they don't... Nact der untoten, it's German and is abrogated to nact, kino der toten---> kino, shangri la, moon, call of the dead, der reise, even tranzit/green run, they all sound fantastic even at first glance, and we're not questioning if the poster is fake, just the die rise name if you ACTUALY READ WHAT I SAID! Also, come on, I made this post two days ago, back when this info was fresh, and everyone had doubts!

(warning now leaving pg area) Don't be such a hard @$$ Untill you know the situation... :roll:

People who ALWAYS say "fake" and who NEVER believe anything without an official announcement are worse than really gullible people who will believe anything. Jesus, get a grip... Obviously it's real, so what if "Die Rise" sounds a little off? Every map name sounds a little weird before you get used to saying it a lot.

You're a fool.

None of said "FAKE!" We simply said we choose not to believe it until there is proof. It is called being rational. You, on the other hand, support gullibility? You would be surprised what some people do to get attention.

I thought it was kinda a play towards Der Riese, because everyone literally everyone ALWAYS called it Der Rise, because they were either lazy to say it correctly or whatever.

That is not true. Maybe you called it that. Maybe your friends did. However, I call it Der "Rees". I actually found out German necessitates Der "Reez-ae", and I would've called it that, had I not found out that Treyarch always pronounces it Der "Rees", so I've called it that.

You're a fool.

None of said "FAKE!" We simply said we choose not to believe it until there is proof. It is called being rational. You, on the other hand, support gullibility? You would be surprised what some people do to get attention.

I thought it was kinda a play towards Der Riese, because everyone literally everyone ALWAYS called it Der Rise, because they were either lazy to say it correctly or whatever.

That is not true. Maybe you called it that. Maybe your friends did. However, I call it Der "Rees". I actually found out German necessitates Der "Reez-ae", and I would've called it that, had I not found out that Treyarch always pronounces it Der "Rees", so I've called it that.

I took German for 4 years I'm pretty sure I pronounced it correctly all the time, even the devs would call it "Reese" when that's totally wrong lol. My friends called it Reese, always made me cringe, just sounds stupid lol.