New map is in Japan

Matuzz

I have this feeling its in Japan. After all Japanese had huge part on the story but were then forgotten after Shi No Numa.

Its pretty obvious that Die Rise name is tweak from High Rise. You can see the high-rise buildings on the back and if you look closely they have those vertical light billboards on side of the buildings that are very common in Asia.

Another thing we can see is soldier zombies and they could very possibly be Japanese troops.

Then there is that red "blood stripe" effects in the side of the image. Reminds you of anything?

Japanese imperial army.

EDIT: Thanks to liam for the high res image you can now clearly see the billboards have Asian text. Probably Japanese.

http://i.imgur.com/Vk3AK.jpg

EDIT;

Made the image more clear to see the text in the light billboards:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may just pick a few holes.

First off, why would it be Imperial Japan, but then have modern buildings and such. There's clearly modern clothing on the zombies, and those light signs look pretty moderns.

Another point is you have similar neon signs all over Green Run, in Diner and Town. It's almost certain that Green Run is in America, so the idea kinda falls apart.

I like the thinking, but I think it's simply just some random blood splatter.

• Moderators

First off, why would it be Imperial Japan, but then have modern buildings and such. There's clearly modern clothing on the zombies, and those light signs look pretty moderns.

He never said that it would be Imperial Japan.

Another point is you have similar neon signs all over Green Run, in Diner and Town. It's almost certain that Green Run is in America, so the idea kinda falls apart.

I like the thinking, but I think it's simply just some random blood splatter.

1. Look the hihg res image you can see the letters are in Asian text.

2. I just put the imperial flag there but the similar flag is used today by the Japan Self-Defense Forces:

So Die Rise is derived from High Rise. Makes sense, but why would Treyarch use a map from Modern Warfare 2? As far as I know, Treyarch has never re-used a map made by Infinity Ward and vice versa. Why would they start doing it now?

Again just because it has similar name because of the same kind of setting doesn't mean the map from Mw2 would be reused/linked in anyway to this zombie map.

For instance map name Dome was used in World at War and then again in Mw3. Its not big deal.

If I recall one of the Wonder Weapons was shipped to Hong Kong before we even get to know it

I dunno but Thunder Gun was located in Hong Kong in Black Ops campaign.

And Japanese had manufactured the Ray Gun, Maxis used the Japanese blueprints to build own version.

If I recall one of the Wonder Weapons was shipped to Hong Kong before we even get to know it

I dunno but Thunder Gun was located in Hong Kong in Black Ops campaign.

And Japanese had manufactured the Ray Gun, Maxis used the Japanese blueprints to build own version.

True. Maybe they will reuse the textures of that/those maps?

And consider the following.

Green Run is our current/previous map located at the Hanford Site, Washington State, USA

The site was home to the B Reactor, the first full-scale plutonium production reactor in the world. Plutonium manufactured at the site was used in the first nuclear bomb, tested at the Trinity site, and in Fat Man, the bomb detonated over Nagasaki, Japan.

Japan could be the "carrion" (hehe) of the Nuclear Age Era within the storyline?

Tbh it has merit, as info mentions you need to set beacons (like tower of babbel) on at least 3 points around the world.

Only problem is how they will justify how the new four got there in the first place (and no, teleporting is so world at war)...unless we play as he frieghtul four once again....

Tbh it has merit, as info mentions you need to set beacons (like tower of babbel) on at least 3 points around the world.

Only problem is how they will justify how the new four got there in the first place (and no, teleporting is so world at war)...unless we play as he frieghtul four once again....

Or we get a new characters again.

First off

Japan could be the "carrion" (hehe) of the Nuclear Age Era within the storyline?

lolz

Second i know this is a little off topic but did anyone notice that the zombies eyes are white?? Dose that have any meaning? Or have all the DLC zombie pics looked like that?

Just a glitch with lighting when you get close to the zombies

Or we get a new characters again.

Yeah I'm kind of thinking we will get new characters. The Green Run crew are pretty stuck IMO (mostly in part due to an unfinished EE... I'm looking at you, Nav Card!).

I think the zombies eye color is significant. Until we see a true high def image, I'm a little confused.

I really think is is in Japan or China making the apocalypse seem more global rather than Germany and America.

3 rockets hit the earth and I don't think all of them hit America so 1 could and the other 2 locations could be Germany and China/Japan.