Element 115 (and the CDC)

I hadn't seen element 115 discussed with regards to the new black op game, and I think that we need to redefine what we think of it for several reasons-

1. Centre of Disease Control (and prevention) and their role in the game.

2. The mass infection of earth.

3. The CIA's vested interests in zombies.

4. The relative of meteors in Green Run and Nuketown

5. Need for a new storytelling device

1. I guess the CDC is an organisation which could easily be demonised, a sort-of Umbrella Corporation for CoD. What I thought was, if they are controlling against disease why are they fighting and presumably researching a plague caused by a rock? Maybe this is because element 115 is no longer soley down to the meteors made of the stuff, and maybe the rocket attack or just time has turned it into a disease

2. Links into 4, but there is no way enough meteors could fall to earth to turn the majority of the population into zombies. The only way that I can think of is a disease, maybe in the traditional Zombie-plague sense of bitey-bitey, but possibly airbourne as (I can only guess) it would take a long time for a disease like that to be distributed through the world through contact, not to mention the resistance armed forces would put up. Of course there would be those that survive, or there would be no protagonists.

3. The CIA's own X-files? What would the CIA want with zombies? You could say they want the extermination to save the people, which would be valid if there were any people to save. It seems to me that they are at loggerheads with the CDC, implying that they want the same thing. This makes me believe that they have the same interests as CDC in finding and either controlling or destroying the source of the disease. *MINI-THEORY* I also believe that since the CIA are in black suits, which are deemed in popular culture as 'cool' and the CDC are in huge hazmat suits which look pretty stupid, us as the players are meant to sympathise with the CIA more *THEORY OVER*

4. I know Green Run is pretty bashed up, but that's down to the fact it got demolished by a cluster of missiles. While exploring, I found a relatively few amount of things which I could definatley identify as element 115 meteors such as those found in Kino and SNN. This makes me feel that petty meteors could not do this to the countless zombies, and something must have happened. That added to the fact that Green Run is supposedly close to Washington, which holds over 6 million people according to wikipedia.

5. It is my belief that Treyarch is pulling the plot out of their arse so this contradicts that belief. If the zombies storyline is ever going to get round to combating the cause of the zombies, element 115 is not going to be a great opponent as there is no obvious cause of it or cure. Having a disease would be useful as it would be a more targetable foe and the CDC would be included as a place to research it and create a cure.

Nature of Disease

-Transmission

There is no water near Green Run, especially not after the missiles, so I assume it isn't waterborne, and no animals or plants suggests that they couldn't be the medium either

We know from experience that it isn't through traditional touch the zombies are created, as we get hit loads during playtime.

This is why I think it is airborne, because as I said this would be faster, and the fog would be an easy way of distributing the plague. Maybe E115 dust?

-Symptoms

I won't insult your intelligence

-Cure

Well, that would be a zombies storyline plot I would actually invest in

Thank you for reading- I plan to expand this but due to the relatively low inclusion of the two teams means I have little to work on. Maybe DLC will expand this knowledge. If anyone wants to add, that will be great, thanks :)

~Tom

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

1. Centre of Disease Control (and prevention) and their role in the game.

"Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies."

That is from the Black Ops 2 site, so as we can see, the CIA and CDC were sent into Nuketown to investigate the turning of the radiation scientists into Zombies. They are there to see what causing the disease was, in my opinion.

2. The mass infection of earth.

We are uncertain as to how the Zombies spread their infection, but up to this point almost all of the outbreaks have been isolated events that relate to the area we are in. In my opinion, the entire world is not infected, just the places we go are due to the nature of history the location deals with.

3. The CIA's vested interests in zombies.

The CIA's involvement is an interesting one, but we know that the government as a whole is involved, not just the CIA, as John F. Kennedy seems to know about them prior to FIVE. The CIA has always been uncoventional, like with the Bay of Pigs for example, they're willing to go out on a limb to get what they want. I'm thinking the CIA are in it for the weaponry they could possess, since we can see all the weapons in the labs of FIVE.

4. The relative of meteors in Green Run and Nuketown

Green Run is just North of the Hanford Site in Washington. Green Run was "a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949." So basically, they released a ton of chemicals into the surrounding environment and if you put a litt twist on it and say there was Element 115 in the released chemicals, you've got your source of the outbreak in Green Run.

• Administrators

Has anyone thought that the rockets launched from Moon might have been full of element 115? Assuming the rockets were sent to different areas of the earth, this could explain how mass amounts of people were turned into zombies.

That is a question which is up in the air. Honestly, nobody knows how 115 originally spreads. The rockets would not contain 115 in them whatsoever. The only leading evidence to this is Maxis' cause. Since he launched the rockets to impact Earth in various hotspots, he is trying to lessen the damage that Richtofen will do, not increase it.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone thought that the rockets launched from Moon might have been full of element 115? Assuming the rockets were sent to different areas of the earth, this could explain how mass amounts of people were turned into zombies.

That is a question which is up in the air. Honestly, nobody knows how 115 originally spreads. The rockets would not contain 115 in them whatsoever. The only leading evidence to this is Maxis' cause. Since he launched the rockets to impact Earth in various hotspots, he is trying to lessen the damage that Richtofen will do, not increase it.

That being said I do find it particularly suspicious that Maxis laughed as he launched the rockets toward Earth.

Do not be so quick to come to a conclusion. Nuketown Zombies takes place DURING the events of Moon. Tranzit most likely takes place shortly afterward due to the mass amount of dust, fire, smoke and lava desecrating the Earth's surface. But we have yet to find a specific date to our time and date at the Great Leap Forward. Judging by the name itself it suggests we "leap" forward. But into what? I suggest time is that which we "leap" forward into. So perhaps the zombie out break on Die Rise occurs years into the future from Tranzit. Therefore the zombie outbreak could have increased without the aid of 115 filled rockets.

• 4 weeks later...

it seems to me that the CIA and CDC are not harmed through the missile heading towards Nuketown because of the fallout shelter closing in the end game scene. the missile may have caused more element 115 to spread. so the CIA and CDC must have retreated on the tranzit bus in nuketown as u can hear in rounds 3-5. because of the same objective of CIA and CDC they were in partners in nuketown. thats why there is no grief. because they are partners. but in tranzit they must have had a fallout. that is why u get greif in all the maps after nuketown.