Green run is traversing different levels of space and time

Zamininc

I don't understand the "zombies don't go into the fog" thing in the OP. I run trains with zombies in the fog all the time. (cornfield, in fog at diner, before depot, on bridge, farm.. pretty much anywhere) If you have a train of zombies behind you and run into a lighted area they follow you. The only time they don't is when you are too far ahead of them, then they just respawn.

I've yet to see where Jimmy confirmed Tranzit is "some type of clock" Link please?

What I was more getting at is how the crawlers DIE, don't respawn as a normal zombie, DIE when you go into the fog. I understand that the characters may have a "field" in which travels in time with them.

Ahh, fair enough. Personally I think they had the crawlers die because once a zombie is damaged it can't respawn, it either follows forever or eventually dies off. In a crawlers case they make them die as it would take forever and a day to find a random crawler crawling around in the fog.

I like your theory I just can't back it 100% because there's nothing really signifying that running through the fog takes you to another time era. All of the areas can easily be linked to the same era due to the same cars, and small details found in each spot.

That being said I feel Tranzit as a whole is in some sort of time warp or space time rift thing going on. I brought up before that the bus driver seems way out of place in relation to the buildings and stuff around. It was explained away by a theory that autonomous robots were invented back in the 60's just not used for practical situations like a bus driver or cab driver. I didn't agree but I let it go as there just isn't enough evidence to back it up.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

That being said I feel Tranzit as a whole is in some sort of time warp or space time rift thing going on. I brought up before that the bus driver seems way out of place in relation to the buildings and stuff around. It was explained away by a theory that autonomous robots were invented back in the 60's just not used for practical situations like a bus driver or cab driver. I didn't agree but I let it go as there just isn't enough evidence to back it up.

I believe the same. I mean the bus license plate says 1960, which would fit with No Man's Land sign says 1960 as well, seeing as how they are the same time. However, there is the USSR State Quality Mark, not established until 1967, and a sign from Chernobyl, not occurring until 1986. There is some sort of time-warp here.

EDIT: If the OP, Zaminic, doesn't mind, can you change the title of this thread to Green Run instead of Tranzit? I only ask because Green Run is the map we're talking about, not the game mode, TranZit. :)

Also, GPS wasn't developed until 1973 and even then wasn't fully operational until 1994 (according to wikipedia) and TEDD has his Global Positioning System navigation error en route to the diner which I would assume means that he uses GPS yes?

T.E.D.D. You ruin everything. Hop back on your bus and get out.

• Administrators

Also, GPS wasn't developed until 1973 and even then wasn't fully operational until 1994 (according to wikipedia) and TEDD has his Global Positioning System navigation error en route to the diner which I would assume means that he uses GPS yes?

"New route learned. Cross-referencing mapping software. Automatic Route Guidance still in effect." - Bus Driver in Green Run

He definitely has some sort of mapping software that uses route guidance, so GPS is the most likely. As for the general idea of tracking the position of objects, we know it has been around for decades. Sputnik 1 launched from Russia in 1957 with the ability to track a location based on its radio frequency and the NAVY launched satellites in the 1960s for tracking submarines. The governments official GPS system is confirmed by TIME as being 1973, as Wikipedia states.

Error, error, Global Positioning System navigation error, maintain current course, implement automatic course upgrade protocols

This is the quote that is heard when turning off the road out of the tunnel to the diner. What it seems to suggest is that T.E.D.D uses the GPS system until his collision detection detects the roadblock at which point it switches to automatic pathfinding mode.

CrazyTrain0917 wrote:

I think there is plenty of evidence to place at least T.E.D.D after 1994, first lets assume that his intended course was to continue down the road that is blocked, everything excluding the bus depot may have been sitting there for a long time which explains why he may not fit in exactly. The Global Positioning System was not begun until 1973 and not completed until 1994, so until it had been fully completed there would not be complete coverage of the globe which would result in it being an unreliable system to guide a vehicle which is meant for the transportation of civilians. And realistically it would take years after that before such a system would be trusted to be actually implemented.

Also T.E.D.D's A.I is on the verge of being sentient which is obvious in his acute situational awareness and organic responses. The capability for this sort of sophistication is far from being feasible even now if you take a look at our best A.I systems. So it has to be at least in the 2020's. Maybe I'm just over analysing.

Is there any proof that we have travelled back in time in zombies? As far as the MDT is concerened we have only traveled forward in time, never back, so the bus cant travel through time as the aether hasnt been mentioned in that context either

So the time zone is post 2011, which is the furthest official date in any of the maps so 2025 could be an apt time if i remember CoTD

Is there any proof that we have travelled back in time in zombies? As far as the MDT is concerened we have only traveled forward in time, never back, so the bus cant travel through time as the aether hasnt been mentioned in that context either

So the time zone is post 2011, which is the furthest official date in any of the maps so 2025 could be an apt time if i remember CoTD

After CoTD we travelled back to the 1960s.

Also T.E.D.D's A.I is on the verge of being sentient which is obvious in his acute situational awareness and organic responses. The capability for this sort of sophistication is far from being feasible even now if you take a look at our best A.I systems. So it has to be at least in the 2020's. Maybe I'm just over analysing.

So what you're saying is tht a robot with situational awareness in the 1960's is crazy but what about the teleporters, ray guns, PaP ect. ect. they are in the 1960's. that being said a robot with situational awareness dsnt sound so crazy to me. Remember group 935 was way ahead of its time.

So what you're saying is tht a robot with situational awareness in the 1960's is crazy but what about the teleporters, ray guns, PaP ect. ect. they are in the 1960's. that being said a robot with situational awareness dsnt sound so crazy to me. Remember group 935 was way ahead of its time.

Aren't all those things explained away by using element 115, I wasn't aware that group 935 made the robotic bus driver.

• Administrators

There is no indication that Group 935 created the bus driver. In fact, I see no evidence whatsoever in this process. I suggest anyone interested in the conversation of the bus driver - or "T.E.D.D. as everyone knows him as - ought to check this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=26363

The Global Positioning System was not begun until 1973 and not completed until 1994, so until it had been fully completed there would not be complete coverage of the globe which would result in it being an unreliable system to guide a vehicle which is meant for the transportation of civilians. And realistically it would take years after that before such a system would be trusted to be actually implemented.

This is from what I posted on the very same thread I provided above:

"In the video, there is a quote about the bus driver stating an Error upon exiting the tunnel. There is a path blocked my sandbags that should be our actual exit, however, the GPS navigation system is broken and turns left instead of right. This error continues and forces the bus into a loop around Green Run. I wanted to take a brief look into GPS systems.

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~mreece/gps/history.html

The concept was originally used in 1964 as militaristic technology. What I find very, very interesting is this quote:

Prior to the development of the GPS system, the first satellite system was called Transit and was operational beginning in 1964.

Did you see what I see? If you did, then we both come on the same terms. The bus we have in-game is fully capable of navigating itself considering that we had GPS systems as early as 1964. This year has popped up so much in the zombies storyline, strange huh? The bus we love oh so much is not a normal tour vehicle; rather, a government-owned transport. Please take a look at the second link I supplied the post with. PINNAZ did a fantastic job pointing these out; what kind of tour bus takes you to certain hotspots of America, then allows entrance to government-official facilities? The answer is simple: this bus. But it's not your ordinary bus. A military transport vehicle, to be more exact, implemented a system that was recently brought up.

Also, I believe whoever reads this quote also noticed that the first GPS satellite system is called "Transit". Resembles something awfully similar, yes?"

Yes, the bus driver is a very complicated automaton that is not only sophisticated enough to drive the bus with the aid of the GPS unit manufactured inside him, but to understand what locations he is at based on his coordinates (or so to speak - he receives an "error" and scrambles the navigation system) and become self-aware of the new surroundings in Green Run as well as being harmed is very suspicious. Most robots during the time frame (given 80's) is more than likely to not have been this well-constructed, but we must remember: if we got to the Moon via teleporter in Area 51 without a hitch, then surely we can have animatronics at such an intelligent level. The only reason the time period is questions is really due to our crew - particularly the known fact that Marlton was involved in Nuketown zombies yet here he is in Green Run.

Aren't all those things explained away by using element 115, I wasn't aware that group 935 made the robotic bus driver.

Sorry i was in a rush when i posted this i should posted more and also i didnt mean to sound like an ass after reading it outloud it kind of sounded that way. Anywho i dont think Group 935 made the bus. Didnt the U.S. get most if not all of Group 935's research as shown on "Five"? maybe the U.S. made this to transport remaining survivors to safety

Also thanks InfestLithium for the link ill check it out