confused about NACHT !!!

justanothergamer

I'm really confused about Nacht der untoten, it's placement and why it is in green run

It doesn't make sense, I mean was green run originally surrounding NDU or was it somehow lifted up and moved and if so why was it moved to green run.

It just doesn't make any sense why it is in such a random location just for a single piece of the Easter egg which could easily be placed anywhere else in the map

CONFUSED PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not the real Nacht der Untoten. In fact, I just call it the fort. It just happens to look a lot like, as an allusion. Nothing more.

Are you serious?

So it's just a coincidence that it looks exactly like Nacht.

They needed a spot for a part and I think it's neat that they put it in.

I do agree its not the same Nacht because though it may be the same design the upstairs has no passage to the other side once upstairs. So its may just be another asylum where the zombies came from which is why they are wearing the shock collars and gowns.

It is not the real Nacht der Untoten. In fact, I just call it the fort. It just happens to look a lot like, as an allusion. Nothing more.

Are you serious?

So it's just a coincidence that it looks exactly like Nacht.

They needed a spot for a part and I think it's neat that they put it in.

We already know where Nacht der Untoten is. It is near Verruckt in Berlin, Germany, in late 1945.

Green Run takes place in the 1980's in Hanford, Washington, United States. Look at the two maps. There are many differences.

1. No Nazi Zombies

2. 60's vehicles instead of military trucks

3. No explosive barrels

4. Collapsed upstairs

5. Fenced-in

6. Not nearly as fortified with barricades

It is simply designed to look like it, like an allusion. It is not the actual Nacht der Untoten.

• Moderators

It is simply designed to look like it, like an allusion. It is not the actual Nacht der Untoten.

Exactly.

It is not the same but when people see it they are reminded of Nacht.

And that is the reason it is there.

That is pretty much the "classic" definition of an easter egg.

perhaps it could signify Nacht being the "old" Zombies (due to it being run down and even more broken) and Green run/Black ops 2 being a start of a new era of Zombies, bringing things to the zombie-verse we have never seen.

Or

It could just be a homage :P

Either way is correct. The first is trying to find a meaning in it, which can work.

Btw, it is Nacht der Untoten. It was the first Zombies level.

Check out this thread for some ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26659

I don't think you can say it's just a coincidence. Here was an idea I had from that thread:

In the BO2 strategy guide the Nacht area is called 'Prototype.' Maybe Treyarch retrofitted a story where this is the original location pre WW2 and the one in WaW is some sort of Nazi testing ground to see how captured and memory erased soldiers (like Tank was) survive against the element 115 infected zombies.

We already know where Nacht der Untoten is. It is near Verruckt in Berlin, Germany, in late 1945.

Green Run takes place in the 1980's in Hanford, Washington, United States. Look at the two maps. There are many differences.

1. No Nazi Zombies

2. 60's vehicles instead of military trucks

3. No explosive barrels

4. Collapsed upstairs

5. Fenced-in

6. Not nearly as fortified with barricades

I don't see how it's the 80's, it seems clear to me it's in the 60's, I can't say a specific year, but with BO being in the 60's, Moon's NML appearing to be in the 60's as well (banner hanging), the plates on the bus say '60 and the 60's era vehicles at Green Run. There's just never been any question in my mind it's in the 60's. I think it's only shortly after the events of Moon and Nuketown, as when you get your first drop, Rich hacks up a lung and says "Sorry, just getting used to the aether" like he hasn't been there long. Maxis's quote about trying for years would still apply as he's been gone since the mid 40's.

Sorry to go off topic. Back OT, Nacht does confuse me a bit as well. The bus driver always mentions Greenbriar Resort (a famous bunker location) when passing the cornfield when I play, so I assume he's alluding the the bunker that is Nacht. The fact the guide calls it the "Prototype" could signify to me that the US has recreated a prototype of the first encounter by US Forces of Nazi Zombies. I was always under the impression when playing the original WaW NDU that it was actually IN Germany. I can't recall the text at the beginning about it, but it was heavily implied.

Now 3arc could've ret-conned NDU into the storyline at Green Run, since there didn't seem to be any story line really developing until SNN, or some say Verruckt (again I think they just ret-conned it in).

• Administrators

To jcm055, Hopefully this helps in letting you understand the time period of Green Run. :)viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11967#p105351

Green Run: Between 1986 and 1991 (after Moon/Nuketown) in Hanford, Washington, U.S.A., just North of the Hanford Site.

PROOF:

How do we know this is the right time? In the basement under Town, there are a few crates that have the USSR State Quality Mark, which was established in 1967 and swapped out in 1991 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, giving us a basic timeline of 1967-1991. Marlton is wearing a calculator watch, which did not come out until 1975. In Farm, you will see a silo with Russian writing on it that pertains to the Chernobyl accident in 1986. In the Green Run radios, Dr. Maxis says he has been searching for survivors of the Moon nukes (1966/1967) for decades, which puts at least at 1986, coinciding with Chernobyl. The eye color of the zombies are blue the entire time, indicating it's after the MPD Soul Swap between Richtofen and Sam on Moon.

Please read Tac's thread over Chernobyl for a better understanding.

About Nacht being called "Prototype" in the guide:

The console command to play Nacht in World at War was nazizombie_prototype if I remember correctly, so the guide could possibly be referencing the fact that it was called that in the commands, and Nacht very well was a "Prototype," thrown into WaW towards the end of development.