New Hidden Perk? Perk without power.

NFSPLAYER

Hello,

i played solo a couple of times and i first go to the bank before turning on power. Then I buy Stamin-up and Juggernog with the turbine. But the second perk u buy of these two gets active even if I take away my turbine . I dont know if it is a glitch or maybe another Perma-Perk. This also works if I buy Juggernog first. But then i get Stamin-Up without power.

I didnt turn on the power.

And there is no turbin powering Juggernog.

Is this a Perma-Perk or just a bug?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bug. You put your turbine down, buy the perk, and pick up your turbine right as your character is throwing down the bottle. If the perk machine is turned on again(by another player's turbine, for example), you'll lose the perk again.

I do this all the time with solo runs, helps so that the avogadro isn't on the loose. You can do this with all 5 perks in solo, 6 in co-op.

Yeah I do this all the time with Juggernog, since I always run straight over the lava to Town first. I've only ever done this with Juggernog, since I then end up running directly to power immediately after anyway, but from my experience it doesn't actually work with Stamina-Up (can't vouch for the other perks).

The trick is to hold X to pickup the turbine immediately as the perk bottle in your hand has left the screen, that's when it will glitch. So you're not trying to pick up the Turbine as soon as you can, but at the exact moment you no longer have the perk bottle visible on your screen.

Like I said, I always do this for Juggernog (and even then, I'm only getting the benefit for approx 10 mins while I go turn on power), but if I do it with Stamina-Up then, yes the Stamina-Up perk will stay lit up on my screen, but I do NOT actually have the effects of Stamina-Up, unlike with Juggernog where I've tested and I can be hit more times. Now I haven't tested to see whether some of the other perks work when glitched without the power, but I can tell you that Stamina-Up won't.

In the end, this thing is a glitch, so you can understand why it might not provide reliable results.

Yeah I do this all the time with Juggernog, since I always run straight over the lava to Town first. I've only ever done this with Juggernog, since I then end up running directly to power immediately after anyway, but from my experience it doesn't actually work with Stamina-Up (can't vouch for the other perks).

The trick is to hold X to pickup the turbine immediately as the perk bottle in your hand has left the screen, that's when it will glitch. So you're not trying to pick up the Turbine as soon as you can, but at the exact moment you no longer have the perk bottle visible on your screen.

Like I said, I always do this for Juggernog (and even then, I'm only getting the benefit for approx 10 mins while I go turn on power), but if I do it with Stamina-Up then, yes the Stamina-Up perk will stay lit up on my screen, but I do NOT actually have the effects of Stamina-Up, unlike with Juggernog where I've tested and I can be hit more times. Now I haven't tested to see whether some of the other perks work when glitched without the power, but I can tell you that Stamina-Up won't.

In the end, this thing is a glitch, so you can understand why it might not provide reliable results.

This works with all perks and has no time limit if done right. When I try for a new solo TranZit record, I'm too lazy to go run to power, so I just teleport with turbines and get all perks via turbines. :)

This works with all perks and has no time limit if done right. When I try for a new solo TranZit record, I'm too lazy to go run to power, so I just teleport with turbines and get all perks via turbines. :)

Well, like I said, it doesn't work for me when I do it with Stamina-Up. The Stamina-Up perk icon stays lit up on the bottom left of my screen, *implying* I have the perk active, but when I compare my sprinting speed and length of time I can sprint, they're the same as if I didn't have the perk at all. Just for the hell of it, I tend to do the Turbine trick on Stamina-Up anyway, before I go turn on power, but not once have I ever noticed it give me the Stamina-Up effect, and yet for Juggernog I get it to work almost everytime.

As far as I'm aware "doing it right" is when the perk icon doesn't fade-out when you remove the turbine. Whenever I get the perk icon to remain lit for Juggernog, I notice its effects, but whenever I get the perk icon to remain lit for Stamina-Up, I notice no perk benefit.

I've never tested it with the other perks because I tend to go ahead and turn on power anyway (I like to be able to use the denizen teleporters), so maybe the other ones do work, but with Stamina-Up I don't believe it does, it just *looks* as though it does.

Well, like I said, it doesn't work for me when I do it with Stamina-Up. The Stamina-Up perk icon stays lit up on the bottom left of my screen, *implying* I have the perk active, but when I compare my sprinting speed and length of time I can sprint, they're the same as if I didn't have the perk at all. Just for the hell of it, I tend to do the Turbine trick on Stamina-Up anyway, before I go turn on power, but not once have I ever noticed it give me the Stamina-Up effect, and yet for Juggernog I get it to work almost everytime.

As far as I'm aware "doing it right" is when the perk icon doesn't fade-out when you remove the turbine. Whenever I get the perk icon to remain lit for Juggernog, I notice its effects, but whenever I get the perk icon to remain lit for Stamina-Up, I notice no perk benefit.

I've never tested it with the other perks because I tend to go ahead and turn on power anyway (I like to be able to use the denizen teleporters), so maybe the other ones do work, but with Stamina-Up I don't believe it does, it just *looks* as though it does.

Ah, I see, misunderstood. Well I have noticed it working, but I'll look into it. :)