Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

I recommend playing "Custom Games" such as Headshots only, disable magic when you become confident to get at least a 200:1 KDR with no perks, and hellhounds (free max ammos).

This could be the key. I mean one of the critical things to rank up after KD. After all this is what Maxis prescribed us in his Diary :mrgreen:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe that all the ranks are maybe a combination of your overall stats, maybe even a clutch factor. The clutch factor would be something like staying alive while all your team mates are down, or reviving all of your team while in the middle of a round. I don't even know if they can build a detection system for that though.

Kjoe, you're due for the knife behind the skull...what you may want to do is expand your game base. Treyarch wants to see zombie players playing solo, co-op, town, farm AND tranzit....reviving has very little to do with your rank as I got shotguns when I had just made a fresh account after having good game after good game from the start.

I hope so, I've had this skull with blue eyes for about 3 days.. :( I am currently playing NT solo before my Biology Final... Should be studying, but eh.. :)

That clutch factor sounds likely....honestly, I would appreciate if they had a set of judges that literally watched your previous games to assess your skill level and fluctuate you based on an average of your last 10 games, and base generic levels of what player a character falls under: KDR, revives per down, accuracy, headshot percentage, ability to dodge, etc.

That clutch factor sounds likely....honestly, I would appreciate if they had a set of judges that literally watched your previous games to assess your skill level and fluctuate you based on an average of your last 10 games, and base generic levels of what player a character falls under: KDR, revives per down, accuracy, headshot percentage, ability to dodge, etc.

That would be awesome, or maybe even community judges, like people who didn't want to play, but like the codcasting or whatever they call it for multi, could do that for zombies. Highly unlikely but we can dream can't we. :)

TALLIES

So, we need to get clear of this. It's for me actually proven. Tallies = How many days have you played in the last 5 days. Now. Some dude says, he gets 2 tallies at once. Would fit that 7pm thing, if you play from 6-8. You play 6-7 (+1 tally if not yet played that day) and 7-8.

You got that 7 confirmed? Is the overall thing (how many days have you played in the last 5 days) confirmed? Or is it the last week?

Is someone playing not frequently? did someone stop or almost stop playing? can someone check every hour how much tallies he has? are theories that go apart from the activity theory even in a single way worth to notice anymore? Said in different words:

Can anyone debunk this, or is it exactly true: The tallies show how many days you have played within the last 5 days. A day is count as "7pm to 7pm UTC -5h".

Example: You haven't played from 7pm yesterday to 6pm today. You are currently on 2 tallies. You play now from 6-8pm. You get one tally, because you played in the "day" from 7pm yesterday to 7pm today. You get another tally, because you played in the "day" from 7pm today to 7pm tomorrow. So you gain two tallies in one gaming period.

Example: You are on 5 tallies. You haven't played from 7pm to 6.59pm today. You check your tallies. Still 5. Now clock goes to 7pm. You check your tallies: You lost one, cause you missed the full period from 7 to 7. You will not be able to go on 5 tallies in the next 4 days, because you missed one day in the past 5. You have to wait for the fifth tally, until your missed day is no longer "in the past 5".

Upcoming question: Is the current "in progress" day already evaluated. So I'm on 3 tallies, it's 3pm. Haven't palyed yet today. Now I do a game. Will I get instantly get 4 tallies after my game, or do I have to wait until 7pm, until the day is evaluated?

If I play from 6-8pm one single full game, will it only notice "you ended the game at 8, so you played on day 2". Or will it say: You started the game at 6, so you played on day 1. Or will it notice, you played 6-7, as well 7-8, so you played on both, day 1 and 2 ?

GIVE ME ALL HINTS YOU HAVE. Ty.

====================================

EMBLEMS

We of course could stop investigating and say "play good, and you rank up", but then life is boring. We should discuss, what data we should collect. The KDR thing seems kinda debunked, and if min kills is just the one and only additional factor is not more than a simple theory that has another 99% chance of fail, like any else.

[*:38ly6lpn]Kills
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bullets fired
    [*:38ly6lpn]Downs
    [*:38ly6lpn]Revives
    [*:38ly6lpn]Nade kills
    [*:38ly6lpn]Headies
    [*:38ly6lpn]Deaths
    [*:38ly6lpn]Gibs
    [*:38ly6lpn]Perks drank
    [*:38ly6lpn]Doors opened
    [*:38ly6lpn]Hits
    [*:38ly6lpn]Miles
    [*:38ly6lpn]TranZit 1 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]TranZit 2 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]TranZit 3 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]TranZit 4 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bus 1 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bus 2 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bus 3 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bus 4 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town 1 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town 2 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town 3 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town 4 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm 1 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm 2 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm 3 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm 4 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Nuketown 1 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Nuketown 2 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Nuketown 3 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Nuketown 4 Round Record
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm Grief Wins
    [*:38ly6lpn]Farm Grief Losses
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town Grief Wins
    [*:38ly6lpn]Town Grief Losses

Calculated possible factors from above (selection):

[*:38ly6lpn]Kills per Down
    [*:38ly6lpn]Kills per Death
    [*:38ly6lpn]Headshots per Kill
    [*:38ly6lpn]Hits per Bullet
    [*:38ly6lpn]Revives per Downs
    [*:38ly6lpn]Average Round Farm, Nuketown, TranZit 1-4 ppl
    [*:38ly6lpn]Average Round overall
    [*:38ly6lpn]Highest Round overall
    [*:38ly6lpn]Lowest Round overall
    [*:38ly6lpn]Grief Wins per Losses

Alternative methods:

[*:38ly6lpn]Crack game files
    [*:38ly6lpn]Bribe JZ

So, we can't collect all. People would not be willing to do such an effort. We would not get enough data. People would not be willing to evaluate a load of data. Or would they? You would have to check the stats (all leaderboard) of your friends and other, write all down in an excel file, and then sort by emblem, and then... hope for a miracle that you crack the formula. You could maybe find some stuff that looks suspicious, like "Kills almost sorts with the rank" or something like that (btw it's not, i think ranked most kills ranks 1 and 3 of PC leaderboard have only the dagger). Checked only top 3.

I think we should use another basis first. And this is a question:

How would you do it? Create your own ranking system. And tell us, how it would look and explain it.

The tallies are based on daily play which go up or down at 7pm EST. Guaranteed.

There is a way to increase 2 times in one day. For me, it's always been one tally mark and one emblem in a 24 hour period.

HOWEVER, I lost my blue eyes shotguns, and now I only have shotgun emblem with 3 tallies without playing for 3 days. I played 2 games last night with a total of 2 downs and probably 1000-1200 kills. I did not gain any rank at all. I believe that is because I should have lost 3 tallies and remained at 2 so instead I stayed at 3. Today after 7pm, however I should rank up to 4...or hopefully skip to blue eyes. I've never gained 2 tallies at a time on the same emblem though.

As far as stats go, I'm at a 403 KDR right now, nothing special rounds-wise. But the thing is every game I play is considered "excellent" in that I barely get touched. I'm a zombie runner, I juke and dodge a lot, I always get headshots. And my accuracy is about 257% right now (2.57).

Tonight I will put all my friend's PS3 zombie stats on here regarding leaderboard info (no rounds) and see if we can come to a more concrete conclusion. It is also wise to note that one is to pay attention to the specific ratios and times when they are promoted. The reason I say this is because a lot of people were promoted and then their ratios either went up or down way before they started taking note or calculating if you get my drift. So statistics can be skewed that way. It's very hard to lose your emblem in my opinion.

For those stuck on an emblem, try Headshots Only and Bus Depot, or No magic on Farm or Town. It'll be difficult, but the system will take note that you're playing harder difficulties and assess your performance under such situation.

If I'm not stupid, it's 7pm EST in 10 minutes. If I gain one more tally, the case is clear ;) But I still do not understand how you would gain 2 tallies at once...

edit: Had 2 tallies before 7 and still have 2. Let's see tomorrow morning.

edit: well, still 2 but i remembered... all games I did crashed, none was stored, not even in theater :)

I'm stuck on 3 tallies ever since I lost my blue eyes for the shotguns for going MIA for 2 days...I'm pissed about that. I think I have to play 5 consecutive days :/

I've been playing 3 days, getting like 10 games in a day of actual decent play, but I am still at 5 tallies with skull and blue eyes. :(

****JUST CONFIRMED**** THE MAIN FACTOR IS BY FAR KILL DEATH RATIO...

MY GF MADE A NEW ACCT SOM_KILLJ0Y ON SUNDAY OR SOMETHING STARTED PLAYING BY THURSDAY SHE HAD SKULL WITH KNIFE AND A 107 RATIO...

SHE BARELY PLAYED ANY GAMES AND AT 7PM RANKED UP TO SKULL WITH KNIFE AND BLUE EYES DIRECTLY FRM SKULL WITH BLUE EYES..HOW?! BECAUSE HER KD WAS IN THE PROPER RANGE....she may have played 1 game or so the morning before.

Her average round solo is 15-20. Her highest round was 26 on Survival Farm. Her custom game rounds are high when she plays with me though, but we only played once together.

She is now a skull with knife as projected. It's all about the KD because honestly, she's not the best player in the world (although I love her and she is pretty decent) but she played 80% solo games where she would only go down once or twice and have around 200-300 kills. And now look.

By the way she got them at 7,500 kills so 8k is no longer the minimum. Sorry for the wrong info. You can progress each day as long as you're in the proper KD and played the minimum number of games or have min. number of kills.

• Administrators

I am really losing interest in this system knowing I would never get it. 3arc throw some meat at us.

I feel you. Even when we know that K/D is apparently the best system that we can come up with (which also works might I add), I'm sure there are still a few other minor factors that still need to be explained. I remember once when people assumed that having those "perma-perks" were a factor in ranking up. There's got to be some method of how other stats besides kills and downs play into the system, but there's nothing truly coming to mind other than allowing the player to obtain skills. When you think about it, here's how it is detailed when you justify each stat to a particular instance:

Kills > Rank

Bullets Fired > ?

Downs > Rank

Revives > Skill (Quick-Revive)

Grenade Kills > ?/Skill ("PHD Flopper")

Headshots > Skill (Head-splosion)

Deaths > ?

Gibs > ?

Perks Drank > ?

Doors Opened > ?

Accuracy > ?

Distance Traveled > ?/Skill ("Auto-Stamin Up)

I suppose the ones labeled with ?'s could be the remaining factors is leveling up. If we were to go by that standard, you'd have to be God mode in those statistics to make up for a low K/D ratio.

I am really losing interest in this system knowing I would never get it. 3arc throw some meat at us.

I feel you. Even when we know that K/D is apparently the best system that we can come up with (which also works might I add), I'm sure there are still a few other minor factors that still need to be explained. I remember once when people assumed that having those "perma-perks" were a factor in ranking up. There's got to be some method of how other stats besides kills and downs play into the system, but there's nothing truly coming to mind other than allowing the player to obtain skills. When you think about it, here's how it is detailed when you justify each stat to a particular instance:

Kills > Rank

Bullets Fired > ?

Downs > Rank

Revives > Skill (Quick-Revive)

Grenade Kills > ?/Skill ("PHD Flopper")

Headshots > Skill (Head-splosion)

Deaths > ?

Gibs > ?

Perks Drank > ?

Doors Opened > ?

Accuracy > ?

Distance Traveled > ?/Skill ("Auto-Stamin Up)

I suppose the ones labeled with ?'s could be the remaining factors is leveling up. If we were to go by that standard, you'd have to be God mode in those statistics to make up for a low K/D ratio.

I'm noticing that high rounds will make up for a lower KDR...this was proven by the fact that the glitchers who hit round 214 on PS3 with no kills (15-30 kills) were automatically ranked up to shotguns.

Adding guys with Dagger here.. I am gonna update stats on main page..

mOeLeStEr1338

Kills: 96141

Head Shots: 48546 (~50%)

Downs: 544

K/D= 176.72

This guy is special. He has excellent stats except for his downs. I don't think I would ever beat his KD or his head shot percentage. So my chances of shotguns are very low. :x

I am looking at this guy who has about same amt of kills as I do. No matter what I do, I will never beat his KD. And look at his head shots. Only thing I am ahead is revives and some other crap like Miles and Nade kills. :) oh well.

• Administrators

I don't like the idea of high rounds playing a factor in this. Why? Well I actually have personal evidence of this. I call it rage quitting.

What does that have to do with ranking up? Well, Prodigy said that rounds will make some kind of factor in the system. As much as I'd love to support the claim, I'm afraid I can't. Y'see, I reached my Shotties while playing tons, and tons of Survival. I'm already aware that a person dropping from your game results in the rounds not being saved. There's evidence 1.

Now when I used to play Survival matches, I always had at least two people per game leaving simply because they died often, or they just really sucked that game. Once the game had officially been finished, I would notice an average of Rounds 30-40. But because of those two players leaving before Round 15 or so, I only gained the statistics for reaching up in the high rounds yet only had a recorded Round Below 15 where the players left. Evidence 2.

This made me realize that I could manipulate how well my game went based on the number of people in my game. Ever since I discovered that my stats would be recorded regardless how many people were left in the game, I used rage quitting to my advantage. Every Survival game I played, I would make everyone on the team rage quit before Round 10. Henceforth, I had the whole game to myself and would average anywhere from 1k - 3k per game given on my luck with weapons (Ray Gun is MUST in Farm). Sure, I would never see my rounds up in the leaderboards, but my stats would shoot through the roof because of my amazing gameplay and there you go - earned my Shotguns. Evidence 3.

Concluding this, high rounds only make up in ranking up if your kills, downs and headshots are of superb value. If you think about it, the general zombie slayer will earn higher statistics in higher rounds than having a perfect game in lower rounds. It's kinda like saying if you went to an Ivy League college, then you're smart. Well, no sh!t that's true. I think we just happened to overlook that bridge in my opinion. :)

Nooo, I was only saying super high rounds count for a LOWER than average KDR for a specific emblem. For example, shotguns with a 125KDR or something. Everyone's stats are different: for example, you can have a 140KDR with shotties or a 223 KDR with the knife, but clearly there are other factors coming into play...I think part of those other factors are rounds, to be honest, along with the accuracy, headshots, etc..

Okay, so I have been playing zombies for days now trying to get myself into the position of testing and debunking/proving some of these theories. I have hit 15k points and am on the blue eyes with knife (about 15200 kills to 190 downs) so i'm going to try out the '15k min' kills theory for getting shotties, I can say that it seems to be kdr that affects it the most- every game I played before blue eyes and knife were high kills and very low downs (I mean about 800 kills and 2-3 downs) so I'd say that basically confirms that the kdr plays the biggest part in your level. I have been playing a mixture of all game modes and maps as well which may or may not have had an effect on it. Owever, as I mentioned before the main thing i'll be testing is getting the shotguns so i'll be playing it tommorow and seeing what I can do. I'll update when I have a result!