Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

That would explain it, he would have been had the shotguns by now..

What are you implying? Be clear. He stopped playing after achieving all those milestones, he expected to rank up after having such good stats. Staying inactive does not de-rank you it only takes off Blue eyes and tallies as you know.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K/D based on Kills Theory:

Here is another theory one from a friend of mine. He said to get a particular rank one has to achieve a target K/D at a specific Kill range.

For Example:

Kills - k/d Needed for shotguns

0-25k 60 KD

25-50k 100 KD

50-75k 150 KD

75k-100k 200 KD

Similarly it is different for Dagger, Skull and Bones.

I think it makes a great deal of sense. It's not perfect but we can test its waters.

Comments?

Also, bullets fired and bullets hit is very important. I have about a 2.75 or 275% accuracy according to 3arc. And my headshots are 50%. For those stuck on emblems, start focusing on factors such as your accuracy, headshots and make sure if your KDR isn't the best you're at least making it to high rounds. The fastest way to the shotguns is to make a new account assuming you're very good at the maps now.

That is inaccurate because I had a 500 KD for most of my gaming up until about 11k and didn't have shotguns. On my first account I was stuck on the blue eyes with a knife at an 88KDR for about a week or 2 before I made a new account after knowing the maps.

Please read, I said its an example.

Which is why this ranking system is flawed. We all got this game at launch and explored. We have downs after down figuring the map out, nobody cared about rank. People like Way and Tom have hundreds of downs that are due to exploration and experimentation. I as well. And yet once people figure out the kdr they use the information sacrificed by way and tom and others, and just pay super close attention to kdr. The pioneers and explorers are getting screwed. I was the explorer among my friends, and i also have lots of downs in hindsight i would erase. Now that i know about kdr im improving kdr 3-4 points per game, luckily im at 242 downs and 17949 kills, so the factors are very small. But for guys in the 1000 down range, they are going to need ALOT of kills to rank up. Every down your going to need 150-200 kills. Clearly i dont play as much as alot of you guys, but im at skull rank and a kdr of 74. Accuracy is 103%, headshots around 4k. Ill let you know when i rank up to dagger, and at what kdr. I work so much i dont have time on weekdays for high rounds, so ive been trying for 1000 kill 1 down games to improve rank on solo. It climbs 2 or 3 per game, for guys like way its going to have to be some pretty good kdr's to balence your early games. Which is stupid.

Which is why this ranking system is flawed. We all got this game at launch and explored. We have downs after down figuring the map out, nobody cared about rank. People like Way and Tom have hundreds of downs that are due to exploration and experimentation. I as well. And yet once people figure out the kdr they use the information sacrificed by way and tom and others, and just pay super close attention to kdr. The pioneers and explorers are getting screwed. I was the explorer among my friends, and i also have lots of downs in hindsight i would erase. Now that i know about kdr im improving kdr 3-4 points per game, luckily im at 242 downs and 17949 kills, so the factors are very small. But for guys in the 1000 down range, they are going to need ALOT of kills to rank up. Every down your going to need 150-200 kills. Clearly i dont play as much as alot of you guys, but im at skull rank and a kdr of 74. Accuracy is 103%, headshots around 4k. Ill let you know when i rank up to dagger, and at what kdr. I work so much i dont have time on weekdays for high rounds, so ive been trying for 1000 kill 1 down games to improve rank on solo. It climbs 2 or 3 per game, for guys like way its going to have to be some pretty good kdr's to balence your early games. Which is stupid.

Honestly dude, I got the game the night it came out and played it for like 12 hours straight exploring. All the downs counted.. at first we were playing custom 2 man games, because we didn't realize they wouldn't count on the leader board yet. Since I had a bunch of extra vacation time that I needed to use up, I planned ahead and took the whole week of the release off planning to play the hell out of zombies. I don't go on youtube and watch other people strategies, games, channels, etc. I just play. I've done plenty of pioneering myself, even though I might not post tons of stuff on here,so please get off it with your tangent. If you care enough and you can't turn around your stats, start a new account.

We've already uncovered the secret honestly, there's no need for an exact formula. Keep playing well with a high KDR, eventually you'll rank up. Have good stats overall and play consistently and you'll rank up. My rank has dropped 2 tallies because my gf took my game away From me so I would pay more attention to her. But as soon as I get

It back....I'm going HAM in zombies. PS3 users, I'm looking forward

To making new friends. Wish you had a Ps3, Wayyy, you seem like you'd make a good partner!

With Kutmah, he had a really high round of 47...I think rounds can make up for a lower KDR, I've noticed that people who are getting shotguns with lower KDR'S have some higher rounds than I do. Rounds play a factor too which makes sense.

I have a round 50 best on co-op (town) last night but My KD is not high enough. A friend of mine has everything 250KD, 50+ as his best round. We are both still stuck at Skull with dagger. At this point all I can say is it's a combination of following in an order.

1 Kills to Down ratio.

2 Downs to revive ratio.

3 Highest round on Solo and Co-op.

4 Average number of kills per game.

5 Wins Loss Ratio in Grief

6 Percentage Head Shots

7 Grenade Kills/ Gibs / Miles/ Other stats

I just want to reaffirm that I really don't think its all of that. Just to prove a point I'll put in all my stuff, and as I mentioned I just got my shotties the other day.

Kills 70553

Bullets fired 334240

Downs 439

Revives 558

Grenade kills 6404

Head shots 21228

Deaths 173

Gibs 98356

Prior to that I had a 4 player match on Transit in which we went to level 39, I had 2977 kills, 1789 head shots,4 downs and 17 revives. You would think that, that kind of a match would subsequently be grounds for shotties... but no. Because, I went down at like round 8 because we stayed at the diner to point up for knuckles and I was on like rocky 2-3 bar connection.

My overall stats haven't improved, if anything declined slightly over the last week or two from doing stuff like grief, ee, bus depot, etc.. I have a friend with shotties with less kill and more downs than me, and he's had it for weeks and the case has been the same with his kdr vs mine.

I shouldnt have to create a new account to 0 my stats. There should be a reset to 0 all stats at once. Live and learn treyarch. Im not on a tangent, and dont tell me to "get off it". Im pointing out the very real fact people like way and tom have dug a very deep hole concerning downs. My hole isnt very deep, because i dont play often. I can easily climb to a 200 kdr with more play, and watching downs. And again, the new account solution is a mechanism for a 0 reset. How can i even be on a tangent, im not in a hole like so many posting. The point is, very skilled players have a lower rank because ignorance to ranking calculations. People figured it out and exploited it. Making a new account shouldnt be the solution. Get my point?

More Shotguns in the order of their K/D. Its clear that having good k/d Head shot percentage really helps rank up.

gt: thewetnoodles

kills: 15098

Head shots: 6453

downs: 54

k/d: 279.59

gt: Yetistatltz

kills: 51445

Headshots: 3732

downs:247

k/d: 208.279

gt: gnarvin

kills:106217

Headshots: 24737

downs: 516

k/d: 205.84

gt: urFavoriteBabe (De ranked after 10 downs just now!!!)

Kills 4863248989

Headshots: 51785242

downs: 312 322

k/d: 155.871152.139

Adding guys with Dagger here.. I am gonna update stats on main page..

mOeLeStEr1338

Kills: 96141

Head Shots: 48546 (~50%)

Downs: 544

K/D= 176.72

This guy is special. He has excellent stats except for his downs. I don't think I would ever beat his KD or his head shot percentage. So my chances of shotguns are very low. :x

I shouldnt have to create a new account to 0 my stats. There should be a reset to 0 all stats at once. Live and learn treyarch. Im not on a tangent, and dont tell me to "get off it". Im pointing out the very real fact people like way and tom have dug a very deep hole concerning downs. My hole isnt very deep, because i dont play often. I can easily climb to a 200 kdr with more play, and watching downs. And again, the new account solution is a mechanism for a 0 reset. How can i even be on a tangent, im not in a hole like so many posting. The point is, very skilled players have a lower rank because ignorance to ranking calculations. People figured it out and exploited it. Making a new account shouldnt be the solution. Get my point?

How can you claim ignorance when as soon as you get in the lobby you can view your stats. How long did it take you to figure that out? Your the only one I've seen that is actually complaining about it, everyone else is just speculating as far as I've seen. If they are good players, they can manage to clean up their kdr. A stat reset button sounds pretty lame to me... just my opinion.

Your looking at this in hindsight. We had no idea what affected rank, for all we knew it was highest round or any other guess at the time. Like i said, it doesnt bother me, i can recover as the variables in my stats are low. And a stat reset is lame, but creating a new account isnt? Its like taking a math test, and your the first group. You assume your marked on correct anwsers. You take the test, and get the results. You are marked for correct anwsers, but marks are assigned for each step you present long form. The next group figures this out from the first group. And it would be lame to give the first group a re-write? Some would present anwsers in long form, anId not want a re-write. Others would be a little frustrated, as they get screwed for not being informed on parameters. Its pretty simple why im complaining, and tbh it doesnt even impact me as like i said, 10-15 1000 kill one down games will bring my kdr up. For people with more downs however, as with the nature of ratios, will need exponetially more kills to attain the desired kdr. If you can just create a new account, i dont see how a stat and rank reset option would be "lame", as you would be back to the start in all areas. And i wouldnt even use it, not to mention there might be all sorts of bootstrapped variables capping rank for # of downs along with ratios. You know, you can talk to people however youd like, but i dont appreciate your assumptions that im complaining. I making observations concerning how players find themselves in a deep hole concerning rank. Thats the nature of ratios. You need 150+ kills for every down. Multiply your downs by 150, for a player with 1000 downs they need 150000 kills to get back to a 150 kdr. My point is legitimate, regardless of how you feel. 150000 kills is one hell of a hole to climb out of, considering a player with 1000 downs has 70-80000 kills.