Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

Keeping the pistol until round whatever isn't a bad idea but you and I see things differently which is fine but its something that works.A rage quitter will always be a rage quitter no matter what its not something that happens in one game some ppl are just rage quitters. From things I have read it seems like everything plays a factor because I have someone on my friends list with no really high rounds. He also has like 300 downs and about 17,000 kills and has shotguns (about a .51kdr)....btw Korro we are gonna have to agree to disagree because you have your way of playing and I have mine and they both seem to work for each of us and we wont be changing eachothers minds on that anytime soon.

those people who leave matches have only 1 reason to quit: downs. i don't remember as many people leave games in black ops...

and you have read about how all stats matter? i have read a lot of stuff too. how can they know what matters? how would that work, if all stats would matter?

Get atleast 400 kills per down. You have to go past round 16(ish) in solo to rank up higher. Thats all you need to know.

400 kd? what about me and my friends with only ~150 kd and shotguns D:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those people who leave matches have only 1 reason to quit: downs. i don't remember as many people leave games in black ops...

and you have read about how all stats matter? i have read a lot of stuff too. how can they know what matters? how would that work, if all stats would matter?

Not Sure what platform you played Black Ops 1 on but boy it sure had its fair share of ragequitters for xbox BO2 is not any better or worst. I remember being in games as early as 2-3 and boom Host Ended Game same for 30-40's. Majority of Zombies players moved to BO2 so things in Bo1 seem to be forgotten.Only reason I keep saying stats matter is because of the shotgun ranks with low kdrs if kdr was the only criteria alot more people would have shotties. Im starting to believe that Deaths matter more than downs as the person I said had about a .51 kdr only had about 10 deaths (yup hes a rage quitter) as where he had a few hundred downs.Only thing that stood out about his stats is he had a fair amount of revives which I have heard a few times played a decent sizes factor in Rank.Nothing is forsure but the more we discuss and compare the closer we get to kinda figuring this crap out. Also I know this is off topic but recently I ran through a few rants on the Activison Forums about how ranks runied zombies but when I read those post i scratched my head...Then I said ummmm does no one remember ppl backing out as soon as the leaderboards loaded and they didnt see what they liked? Maybe I am the only one who remembers these things idk.

Get atleast 400 kills per down. You have to go past round 16(ish) in solo to rank up higher. Thats all you need to know.

Atleast 400 kills per game. Example: dont buy quick revive and get to round 18 with approx 525 kills and somehow you die (your 1 down per game). That extra 125 kills will be what helps you rank up. Didnt make it to round 16?(approx 400 kills) ... you wont rank up.

What i'm saying is for those with skull or knife ranks that have been playing for a while. And if you mostly play solo.

Also, dont use quick revive. Ever. That means not picking up perk drops.

CAREER:

Kills: 25227

Bullets fired: 121249

Downs: 359

Revives: 202

Grenade kills: 3232

Headshots: 9157

Deaths: 284

Gibs: 44147

Perks drank: 374

Doors: 577

Hits: 1.27

Miles: 830

Tranzit solo: 36 Farm solo: 23 Town solo: 13 Bus Depot solo: 13 Nuketown solo: 29

Atleast 400 kills per game. Example: dont buy quick revive and get to round 18 with approx 525 kills and somehow you die (your 1 down per game). That extra 125 kills will be what helps you rank up. Didnt make it to round 16?(approx 400 kills) ... you wont rank up.

What i'm saying is for those with skull or knife ranks that have been playing for a while. And if you mostly play solo.

Was just thinking about my statement about not buying quick revive...

If you got 800 kills and then bought QR, then you would have your two downs for the game covered...

Anyone know apprximately what round 800 kills is at? (Not using nukes)

that's not fun. (are you even serious?)

and how bad has player to be, when he can't survive after 400 kills (round 16?)?

you don't deserve max rank if you get it that way. you could just as well go to town, start on round 15 and survive to 20, then leave. same thing, but faster...

if you would deserve shotgun rank, you wouldn't have to think that kind of things...

and btw, you can get shotguns with only 100 kd, so people won't have to worry about downs if they have 400 kills, even if playing solo AND buying all quick revives.

"Also, dont use quick revive. Ever. That means not picking up perk drops."

yeah, don't! you would otherwise learn to play the game!!! and get shotgun rank... legit!

Was just thinking about my statement about not buying quick revive...

If you got 800 kills and then bought QR, then you would have your two downs for the game covered...

Anyone know apprximately what round 800 kills is at? (Not using nukes)

that's not fun. (are you even serious?)

and how bad has player to be, when he can't survive after 400 kills (round 16?)?

you don't deserve max rank if you get it that way. you could just as well go to town, start on round 15 and survive to 20, then leave. same thing, but faster...

if you would deserve shotgun rank, you wouldn't have to think that kind of things...

and btw, you can get shotguns with only 100 kd, so people won't have to worry about downs if they have 400 kills, even if playing solo AND buying all quick revives.

"Also, dont use quick revive. Ever. That means not picking up perk drops."

yeah, don't! you would otherwise learn to play the game!!! and get shotgun rank... legit!

You are trying to simplify it too much. It really is not as simple as "get 400 kills before you get downed every time and you will rank up." No you wont! I had at one time about an 85 kills/downs ratio and still had just skull. due to leaving my game on and continuously being put into games while I was at work from 8-5 i went from 85 to a 58 k/d. got it back up to around 67 and had a round 35 game on die rise and then a round 33 game on mob, and voila, knife! so reaching higher rounds consistantly is very important as well

All I'm saying is how to keep your rank or how to get out of a k/d hole from getting TONS of downs.

Its not like I'm telling people to 'leave game' before getting any downs at all..

Plus you guys realize that not everyone who reads this site is super good at zombies right? I'm offering advice thats worked for me. I have shotguns, got them legit, and know others want to rank up their emblem and could use some tips.

I've had shotguns since the first few weeks of the game's release. I've de-ranked to the knife twice since then. The first time was on Tranzit while trying to mess around and uncover perma perks and other secrets. Quit out on rd 1-5 several times and I was de-ranked the next day. I continued playing as usual and was promoted rather quickly.

The second time was on the day that Die Rise came out. I played a few games of Turned, so the downs in that mode combined with dying in every stupid way imaginable on Die Rise, and I was a skull with a knife the next day. I got my stuff together and my buddy and I went for a run to 46 on the same map. Still didn't rank up. Later played with another friend who isn't very good and carried her to 40 and quit out with zero downs. The next day, I was back to skull with shottys and haven't looked back.

Some observations: Kill/Down or Kill/Death ratio does seem to play a big factor. Playing on normal is probably the largest factor as I have plenty of skulls on my friends list with a higher KD than myself. I watch their games and they only play custom games on easy.. Also, I think that co-op games are required in order to achieve the highest rank. You CANNOT achieve the shotgun emblem while only playing on solo as far as I've seen. You can play several games on solo, then play 2-3 good co-op games and you should be able to rank up assuming your KD is there, AND you consistently make it to at least rd 15.

Lastly, I believe it is NOT overall KD ratio. It is a running average based on your last x amount of games. That is why you can rank down if you just quit out on rd 1 too many times.

My current K/Down ratio is a bit over 170 and over 200 in co-op games. Roughly 67K kills and 385 downs overall. My high rds are 25 with 0 downs on Tranzit(players quit), 28 and 0 downs on Bus Depot(buddy lagged out), 45 on Town, 46 on Die Rise, and 36 on Buried(have been to 43 and 38, but lagged out both times)

Hey everyone. So I was pretty tired of not being able to rank up because of the massive amount of downs on my primary account, so I created a second account just for the sole reason to get shotties.

I have been playing mostly solo, on buried.

I cannot figure out why I am still only on the regular skull. It is driving me crazy...

Here are my stats so far:

Kills-15020

Bullets Fired-91396

Downs-16

Revives-13

Grenade Kills-304

Headshots-2116

Deaths-7

Gibs (can someone also explain what a "gib" is?)-17418

Perks Drank-154

Doors-74

Hits- 456163

Traveled Miles-46

That would give me a KD of nearly 1000... Shouldn't I at least be on the knife emblem?

Also, does play time come into account? I have only had the account for 36 or so hours.

(Jeez, give me a break. I'm on vacation :P )

So if you could so kindly respond with your thoughts, that would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to add me on Xbox if you wanna team up!

GT: Zombies0nly (that is a Zero)

-AK

I cannot figure out why I am still only on the regular skull. It is driving me crazy...

Kills-15020

Bullets Fired-91396

Downs-16

Revives-13

Grenade Kills-304

Headshots-2116

Deaths-7

Perks Drank-154

Doors-74

Hits- 456163

Traveled Miles-46

That would give me a KD of nearly 1000... Shouldn't I at least be on the knife emblem?

Keep playing. Get to atleast round 16 and finish the game with only one down. Two downs? ... Get atleast 800+ kills.

Plus i'm pretty sure there is a minimum requirement for either kills or headshots for each rank.

Kills-15020

Bullets Fired-91396

Downs-16

Revives-13

Grenade Kills-304

Headshots-2116

Deaths-7

Perks Drank-154

Doors-74

Hits- 456163

Traveled Miles-46

Keep playing. Get to atleast round 16 and finish the game with only one down. Two downs? ... Get atleast 800+ kills.

Plus i'm pretty sure there is a minimum requirement for either kills or headshots for each rank.

I played a solo game on buried last night and got to 60...

7500+ Kills with 2 downs. (Should have been 1, but when I quit out, the zombies kept hitting me and it counted as a down ERRRRGH)

Can someone please help me? I used to have shotguns with 17000 kills and 401 downs. But recently, I lost them by starting up multiple tranzit games trying to get the cash back perma perk. Also, I was doing multiple tests for the x2 pistol points by wasting my ammo. I have no idea what happened. Now I am stuck back on that darn knife! Btw, the x2 pistol points get lost when you kill a zombie with your pistol. Also, you do not have to hit 0 zombies, just use its ammo for whatever and knife kill 6-7 zombies. Please help!!!

• Administrators

Can someone please help me? I used to have shotguns with 17000 kills and 401 downs. But recently, I lost them by starting up multiple tranzit games trying to get the cash back perma perk. Also, I was doing multiple tests for the x2 pistol points by wasting my ammo. I have no idea what happened. Now I am stuck back on that darn knife! Btw, the x2 pistol points get lost when you kill a zombie with your pistol. Also, you do not have to hit 0 zombies, just use its ammo for whatever and knife kill 6-7 zombies. Please help!!!

What is your K/D ratio at this point, and what are your other stats? Sometimes you have to balance out those stats so one is not overpowering the other. Usually you should see a new change after 15,000 kills. I know that the system may take a while to update the ranks.

I think the real question that should be answered is why the hell treyarch hasn't released guides to obtaining max rank, or corrected their algorithms to make it more fair. It's pretty stupid people are still guessing almost a freaking year later... I personally stopped caring about this USELESS feature a long time ago lol.

Kills: 165228

Downs: 761

k/d: 217.1

Highest round in solo or co-op: 51 Buried 4 player

Emblem or Rank: Skull w/ knife

When I get on I'll update with only my coop stats - I read that only those count and grief/turned doesn't.

EDIT: Many people don't know coop stats includes solo games, just not turned/grief

Hey everyone. So I was pretty tired of not being able to rank up because of the massive amount of downs on my primary account, so I created a second account just for the sole reason to get shotties.

Kills-15020

Bullets Fired-91396

Downs-16

Revives-13

Grenade Kills-304

Headshots-2116

Deaths-7

Perks Drank-154

Doors-74

Hits- 456163

Traveled Miles-46

Also, does play time come into account? I have only had the account for 36 or so hours.

(Jeez, give me a break. I'm on vacation :P )

So if you could so kindly respond with your thoughts, that would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to add me on Xbox if you wanna team up!

GT: Zombies0nly (that is a Zero)

-AK

As I mentioned before, I don't think you can get it playing solo. I had shotties with 14K kills and about 98 downs if I remember right. So, I believe your problem is that you're likely playing on easy and more importantly, you need to play some co-op matches.

It is possible to get shotguns without playing co-op that's the way I achieved them. I earned mine about 2 weeks after getting the game and there was no DLC(I don't count nuketown since i deleted from my hardrive)out yet. Also before I ranked up to shotguns I NEVER played 1 game of grief. I did play Tranzit once or twice but never got passed like round 20 with a team because of finding people glitching in the tunnel with the shield or power room not to mention as soon as people would die the leaderboard would stop counting after they rage quit. At the time I didnt even know what the Rank system was just played as I normally do. The Ranking system might of changed a little from the time the game came out but I just wanted to add this to the thread so others would know.