Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just more proof that K/D is not the only criteria.

Yeah, my friend has about a 102 k/d and I have a 104. He has shotguns I have the knife. So in this case, it's not about k/d. I have higher in everything (even downs and deaths /;) except 'hits', 'headshot', and 'bullets fired'.

His - Mine

Kills: 146250 - 168418

Bullets Fired: 1083802 - 825117

Downs: 1432 - 1611

Revives: 1612 - 2401

Grenade Kills: 8489 - 17459

Headshots: 39582 - 38239

Deaths: 592 - 764

Gibs: 13000 - 18000

Perks Drank: 2406 - 3044

Doors: 666 - 2100

Hits: 88000 - 83000

Miles: 1683 - 3125

Looking through this thread I have better stats than some, well, most of you. The thing is I don't play every day, more like every other day and 5 games on days I do play. What's the key to leveling up? Do you have to play x amount of games in a row? It sucks when I'm sitting in a lobby and people back out because I'm only a skull with 1 mark. The funny part is I always end up with the most kills, literally every time I play. I play nuketown almost exclusively if that matters.

@Godofwar Key to levelling up is doing good at every game. Especially your k/d ratio.

Well I FINALLY ranked up to dagger. Very peculiar as last week I accidentally left my Xbox on after a game and got spawned into several games and took somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 downs :o

Didn't play for like a week and then played MotD last night and got to I believe 33. Then played die rise today and got to 27 or so. Very unremarkable games. Why not after my 45 on die rise or my 56 or 66 on mob? Mystery.

Only thing I did differently was on die rise I used the PDW longer than normal thus had more head shots. Otherwise seems so arbitrary.... Eh oh well

So here are my stats immediately after getting it

Kills: 102566

Bullets fired : 286609

Downs: 1484

Revives: 796

Grenade kills : 11195

Head shots: 31573

Deaths: 741

Gibs : 113005

Perks drank: 1502

Doors: 1513

Hits: 310523

Miles: 1461

So, that gives me a K/D ratio of 69.11 (significantly lower than most daggers... Had like a 85 k/d before I left it on and took all those phantom downs though)

Headshot % of 30.78%

Idk seems like I was selected at random :lol:

• 1 month later...

Get 400 kills and no downs and players will rank up. Thats about round 16.

For each down you get in a game, you have to have atleast 400 kills to keep your rank going upwards.

Got 2 downs already? Now you need 800+ kills to keep ranking up.

Amount of kills and headshots also count. This is why some have shotguns before others.

I wish someone could enlighten me. I've compared to some of my friends with shotguns who have worse stats then me, like Way2go did above, I don't understand it. I think it's having some bad games then great games that ranks us up. Here's mine if anyone has any ideas, I'm still bowie / machete :

Kills : 357,101

Downs : 2,811 (K/D = 127:1)

Bullets Fired : 2,080,943

Revives : 4,232

Grenades : 47,741

Headshots 61,890 (17.3%)

Deaths : 1,084

Perks : 6,325

Doors : 4,354

Hits : 1,534,451 (73.7% accuracy)

Thoughts?

Too many revives? How does me reviving people who need it effect it negatively? I never buy quick revive. I'm just a team player. Perhaps you're thinking revives means how many times I was revived, which is incorrect, it's how many times you REVIVE someone. And by downs, you're saying my K/D is too low? Cause look at how many kills I have, over a third of a million.

back in the day people used to do that glitch where they were jumping in the room next to tranzit spawn room, only accessible with turbine. they had around 40 kills each and few downs, but got on rounds 100+ (the glitch made game to skip rounds). after that everyone in the lobby was shotgun rank. no revives. no high k/d ratio. nothing. soo... explain me that.

also, why would treyarch make ranking system so complicated? you all are like "yeah, it's (k/d + revives)/opened doors*accuracy" why would they do that? (just giving you something else to think about than k/d)

and, all those people following jimmy on twitter... in his last tweet, he asked how often people had got on 25+ rounds. maybe you get your rank by your average round?

btw jimmy has said playing coop or solo doesnt matter. they are equal. so this also cancels your theories about revives :P SORRY.

"@TiredPancakes: @ZielinskiJimmy Hey jimmy , can your rank increase better in solo or multi?"good question, are you better in solo or co-op?

- youknowwhodontpretendlikeyoudont.

Rank. Play every game like it counts. Because it does.

- the same person.

sorry if i offended someone, i'm really tired of these theories without proper proof.

Good post. I just wish they'd give a formula or likes similar to what you mentioned, they act like it's top secret. I play every game my best, just obviously my play style doesn't fit their equation properly, and I don't mind adjusting it, if I knew how.

The best thing to do is to work on all stats not just worry about krd. I will mention a few things that might help improve your stats a little if you are determined to raise that rank. 1 thing I do is never stab on insta-kill as stabbing/melee wont show up on your record instead i keep my m1911 unupgraded till at least round 20 its a single burst pistol which is perfect for multiple headshots(headshots 100 pts/stab 130 per kill not a big difference) when running a train on insta kill.Also the pistol is very weak so if you are running trains you are hitting at least 3zombies per bullet which is a average of 300% accuracy per bullet fired and multiple bullets hit. I have over 225,000 kills with about a 48%head shot ratio and 265% accuracy doing those things alone. If this helps let me know i will post a few more tips at a later time if they helped.

I always try to pull single fire weapons from the box or use an m14 because improved accuracy means less wasted ammo and a higher hit percentage. The FAL has to be the best gun for headshots/power/accuracy its not appreciated by many players but its my weapon of choice for the reason above. Not buying double tap(as great as DT 2.0 is)seeing as if you are firing a single shot weapon you wont have to worry about the second bullet for every bullet shot missing on an insta kill.Also after about 18 when grenades dont make crawlers as much i would suggest chuckin a frag after cookin it towards your horde before chopping them down as you can get a few grenade kills(another stat) and a whole mess off gibs. As for trains in BO2 each map has maybe 1 good spot...rarely 2 good ones to improve your accuracy I would suggest running the figure 8 train on town in between the m14 and stamin-up. btw if you keep the bank close this train much easier than it is when its open

Good post. I just wish they'd give a formula or likes similar to what you mentioned, they act like it's top secret. I play every game my best, just obviously my play style doesn't fit their equation properly, and I don't mind adjusting it, if I knew how.

the wont give us the formula how to get on max rank, because its most likely something simple (jumping 5 times every 10th round? repairing windows and not looking at them?), as i said in last post. why? because then there would be atleast double the amount of ppl on shotgun rank... it would lose its value.

The best thing to do is to work on all stats not just worry about krd. I will mention a few things that might help improve your stats a little if you are determined to raise that rank. 1 thing I do is never stab on insta-kill as stabbing/melee wont show up on your record instead i keep my m1911 unupgraded till at least round 20 its a single burst pistol which is perfect for multiple headshots(headshots 100 pts/stab 130 per kill not a big difference) when running a train on insta kill.Also the pistol is very weak so if you are running trains you are hitting at least 3zombies per bullet which is a average of 300% accuracy per bullet fired and multiple bullets hit. I have over 225,000 kills with about a 48%head shot ratio and 265% accuracy doing those things alone. If this helps let me know i will post a few more tips at a later time if they helped.

my advice would be not to worry k/d at all. thinking about it all the time just ruins your games ("maaaannn... down again. better lea... "kd_Whore left the game"" sounds familiar?). and even if you get shotguns with kd whoring, you will lose them if you don't deserve them.

The rank "system" is not a bread crumb path, there is no end or goal, rather it is how good you are right now.

-again

@Tommy_Gilmour you do not lose "rank" when you don't play. Rank it's only based on how good a player you maintain.

and i don't think that you should keep your m1911 just for headshots. just play as you want. i have never went for headshots = i have 19% (last time i checked), and shotgun rank. i also have only a bit over 100% accuracy, so you don't have to worry about that either.

none of my friends have got the shotgun rank if they have tried to get it. they all have got it "by accident".

I always try to pull single fire weapons from the box or use an m14 because improved accuracy means less wasted ammo and a higher hit percentage. The FAL has to be the best gun for headshots/power/accuracy its not appreciated by many players but its my weapon of choice for the reason above. Not buying double tap(as great as DT 2.0 is)seeing as if you are firing a single shot weapon you wont have to worry about the second bullet for every bullet shot missing on an insta kill.Also after about 18 when grenades dont make crawlers as much i would suggest chuckin a frag after cookin it towards your horde before chopping them down as you can get a few grenade kills(another stat) and a whole mess off gibs. As for trains in BO2 each map has maybe 1 good spot...rarely 2 good ones to improve your accuracy I would suggest running the figure 8 train on town in between the m14 and stamin-up. btw if you keep the bank close this train much easier than it is when its open

"Not buying double tap(as great as DT 2.0 is)seeing as if you are firing a single shot weapon you wont have to worry about the second bullet for every bullet shot missing on an insta kill."

DT 2.0 shoots both bullets on same spot if ADS (except for SMR, LSAT, maybe some others..) people: dont go full tryhard. buy perks that you find helpful. (AND there is a stat for buying perks, am i right?)

Ughhhh please explain what going tryhard in zombies is lmao. Everything I suggested was to help improve stats since stats seems to be a factor seeing as we get certain things kept track of they must have importance. If you are tired of discussions on how rank works with no proof! Why would join a site and comment on a topic you are tired of? Especially if you have nothing to add on the subject.Seeing as you have 2 post I have a hard time taking you seriously when u say you are tired of something then join the site and bring nothing to the table. btw..In the future don't single me out like I don't know what I am talking about I got shotgun rank 2 weeks after getting the game not knowing wtf a ranking system even was or how it worked.

Ughhhh please explain what going tryhard in zombies is lmao. Everything I suggested was to help improve stats since stats seems to be a factor seeing as we get certain things kept track of they must have importance. If you are tired of discussions on how rank works with no proof! Why would join a site and comment on a topic you are tired of? Especially if you have nothing to add on the subject.Seeing as you have 2 post I have a hard time taking you seriously when u say you are tired of something then join the site and bring nothing to the table. btw..In the future don't single me out like I don't know what I am talking about I got shotgun rank 2 weeks after getting the game not knowing wtf a ranking system even was or how it worked.

going try hard in zombies = saving m1911 just for headshots/ accuracy (not playing for fun).

how do you know all those stats do matter? i came here because this is where all those (most likely) false rumors started.

nothing to bring on the table? i have already proven that revives/headshots/accuracy don't matter.

So because I'm good and don't need a legit secondary that makes me tryhard(thats about as stupid as calling someone who does better then you on multiplayer tryhard)status? Ive been doing stuff like not packing my pistol till mid 20's since BO1 because the game is so easy you have to create your own challenges.Again every single thing that is kept track of has to matter or they wouldn't of shown us these certain things such as headshots ect.No one knows exactly how the system works but having better stats cant hurt on top of getting to decent rounds.This place is not where rumors start this is where ppl try to help eachother maybe your thinking of another forum or the comment section on youtube.

you didn't say you are so fricking epic in zombies that you don't need secondary. you told people to keep the m1911 for headshots and accuracy. you know what happens when casual players try to do that? downs. a lot of downs. and what then? rage quits. THEN? other players get angry. stop promoting that.

and stats don't necessarily matter. they can be there just for comparison...

Kills: 71,391

Bullets Fired: 388,892

Downs: 497

Revives: 573

Grenade Kills: 1067

Headshots: 13,037

Deaths: 207

Gibs: 64,669

Perks Drank: 645

Doors: 353

Hits: 436,618

Traveled Miles: 570

K/D Spread: 143

Highest round counted: 44 (4P on Die Rise)

Welp, I am back to the Skull/Knife rank for the third time.

Whatever the true algorithm is, I am clearly always on the brink of both the Skull rank and the Skull/Knife rank.

It seems that whenever I 110% focus on revives during a week of playing public matches, I eventually get back the Skull/Knife rank. Playing your standard survival match which gives off a ton of kills must help, but doesn't seem (for me) to have the tug that reviving does.

you didn't say you are so fricking epic in zombies that you don't need secondary. you told people to keep the m1911 for headshots and accuracy. you know what happens when casual players try to do that? downs. a lot of downs. and what then? rage quits. THEN? other players get angry. stop promoting that.

and stats don't necessarily matter. they can be there just for comparison...

Keeping the pistol until round whatever isn't a bad idea but you and I see things differently which is fine but its something that works.A rage quitter will always be a rage quitter no matter what its not something that happens in one game some ppl are just rage quitters. From things I have read it seems like everything plays a factor because I have someone on my friends list with no really high rounds. He also has like 300 downs and about 17,000 kills and has shotguns (about a .51kdr)....btw Korro we are gonna have to agree to disagree because you have your way of playing and I have mine and they both seem to work for each of us and we wont be changing eachothers minds on that anytime soon.