Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

Wintersghost, how many total kills does this person have though to have that k/d ratio. I think a 20k kill range is what you need to hit to get up in rank. The few guys with shotguns on my friends list play grief a lot.

One of them just lost shotguns and has a 180-190 k/d ratio now. Grief is risky at times cos you can get downed and win a game with only 50 kills. I started back doing survival solo cos i was getting smoked in grief.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the shotguns tonight, got them after quitting on round 34 on Tranzit with no downs. I've reached round 44 twice before so I'm sure it's based on kills/downs rather than high rounds.

My Kill/down ratio is now 198.6, it was 195.2 before I started that game. It was also the game where I passed 100,000 kills, not sure if that could be a factor? I've been keeping track of my k/d since I posted my stats on here a few months ago when I had just a 107 k/d.

Anyway here are my new stats:

Kills 100889

Bullets fired 397401

Downs 508

Revies 809

Grenade kills 4111

Headshots 22666

Deaths 376

Gibs 99514

Perks 1113

Doors 1115

Hits 653404

Miles 1672

Buddy on my list has over 100k kills, and his K/D ratio is 200, and hes still got the Skull and Knife. Im sure its not High Rounds, cause anybody could get to a high round if they play with people are are really good. Somebody could have a billion downs and still get to round 50 if theyre dragged their, so its safe to say that isnt the only factor.

Kills to Downs isnt the only factor either, because plenty of other people have low K/D and still have higher emblems, while others have high K/D and have the same emblems. None of it makes sense. It needs to be explained. Im done. Peace.

I just ranked up to the skull/knife on my second account and my k/d is 171.

6517 kills

34483 bullets fired

38 downs

234 revives

143 grenade kills

3190 headshots

18 deaths

6294 gibs

129 perks

24 doors

0.80 accuracy

73 miles traveled.

Played survival a few times, mostly played grief. 14-13 on Farm, 0-2 on town lol. Damn town.

You need to continuously raise your K/D ratio throughout all your games. The way the system is set up, there is a separate ratio you must meet. But that's not important; in most of your matches, you need to keep high amount of kills with as few downs as possible. In this case, you could easily play a few matches with at least a thousand kills and one/two downs and hit Shotguns. So keep playing great matches and keep track of your statistics in the lobby. (Make sure to focus on the other factors, such as headshots/revives/accuracy).

It's a very wacky system, but honestly, you can have a better time playing for fun rather than focusing entirely on your rank. Play Solo Survival if you're serious about hitting a high rank; if you're more multiplayer-oriented, I'd suggest Survival on Farm or Town.

I think I should add this to Original Post. Well said Infest. Agreed.

Hello im new to the forums. I wanted to share my thoughts on how to rank up.

I have nearly 200,000 kills and over 1,000 downs. I cant post my stats as im not on at the moment but ill try to post them tomorrow if you guys want. I do know my Kills/Downs ratio is ~172. I have been been steadily going up but as you guys can see, it is pretty hard to go up with that many downs. Like many, i didnt care about my down when i first started and was just exploring the maps and such, that is why i went down a lot, but anyway... For those that have a lot of downs like me, YOU CAN GET THE SHOTGUNS. There is no need to create a new account. Yes it will be a bit harder but with some patience and determination, it is possible. I got my shotguns after a game in Die Rise, went to round 36 solo and died cause i was messing around. It was soo unexpected, when i went back to the lobby, i had my shotguns. I did get to round 40 solo before with just one down.

IMO, you have to have high rounds, but not ridiculously high, maybe around 30-40 would be best, CONSISTENTLY.

I dont play any grief, just die rise and survival specially Nuketown. Its okay to have crappy games, i have had those, like everyone else, just try not to have them all the time.

So, in conclusion, you dont have to have a kdr of 200+ to get the shotties, you can get them in the 100s as well like myself. Just kill as many zombies as you can and try not to get down yoo much and eventually, you should rank up.

Oh. And dont glitch, believe me, it felt good when i got the shotguns as i did it myself with no glitches. You feel like you really deserve them.

Just thought I'd add this, last night I briefly lost my new shotguns after just a couple of public matches with randoms, first of all I played tranzit, one of the players was using the glitch in the power area and decided to randomly turn off the power at round 15 (after watching it back in theatre). I was stuck at the diner with no turbine so couldn't get back to turn it on. The other 2 guys went down shortly after, and respawned with me. I was able to revive them everytime they went down, and I even earned the quick revive upgrade from that game, but we all ended up downing at farm on round 18 on the way back to the power. So even though I feel I played pretty well, my K/D for that match was only around 75.

After that I went into town survival, and a stupid mistake meant I went down on round 5. I waited to get revived, but everyone else just left me to bleed out despite it being near the end of the round. I thought, if they can't revive someone on round 5 then we have no chance, so once I started spectating I quit. I really hate it when people rage quit, and I guess I deserved to lose my shotguns for that, and thats exactly what happened. My K/D had fallen back to 195. It took me just one game of solo Tranzit to round 32 to get them back though.

I don't know how useful any of what I've just said is, but for me at least it appears that once my kdr falls below 196 I go back to the skull with knife. I know it's not the same number for everyone, but as it only took one game to go back to shotguns it doesn't appear that you have to reach high rounds on back to back matches, assuming the rest of your stats are good that is.

Since I play a lot of custom games and acquire about 40-50 downs a day playing grief (simply because both teams suicide at the end of the round for faster round restart) it makes great deal of sense to simply turn off Accounting stats from Custom games.

It's like practice mode common. Easy? :lol:

Otherwise this system is a joke. Don't give a ABCD about the shotguns.

/rant over

clrscr();

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you don't need to have blue eyes to rank up. The only thing blue eyes mean is that you've played at least 1 game in the past 5 days. I just got skull with knife from skull only with 3 tally marks. I finished a game of solo Farm where I set a new high score by 3 rounds (22 -> 25). My career K/D is only about 77.

I don't know if this applies to shotguns, but I'm pretty sure career K/D has nothing to do with ranking to knife. I know people who needed 160 K/D to get knife rank, whereas some people (like me) only had 70-80 K/D when they ranked up. I'm almost certain it's based on your performance based on your last 10-20 games (K/D and R/D, # of high rounds you set, etc.).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you don't need to have blue eyes to rank up. The only thing blue eyes mean is that you've played at least 1 game in the past 5 days. I just got skull with knife from skull only with 3 tally marks. I finished a game of solo Farm where I set a new high score by 3 rounds (22 -> 25). My career K/D is only about 77.

I don't know if this applies to shotguns, but I'm pretty sure career K/D has nothing to do with ranking to knife. I know people who needed 160 K/D to get knife rank, whereas some people (like me) only had 70-80 K/D when they ranked up. I'm almost certain it's based on your performance based on your last 10-20 games (K/D and R/D, # of high rounds you set, etc.).

It's a game a day, not every five days.

It's a game a day, not every five days.

Oops, that's what I meant. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've just been on now, I still had shotguns (and blue eyes) but my PS3 lost its internet connection before I could start a game. I played a quick local game, then I went back on... to find my emblem is now one bone. My stats are still the same, but emblem is just one bone and one tally. :o

So I go onto Tranzit solo to do something about it, head straight to the bank on round 1 like I usually do - turns out my bank is now empty as well! It was definitely full after my last game last night. I also got Richtofens "just getting used to the aether" quote as well, so i'm glad I haven't done the easter egg yet as that would most likely have gone too. I've never glitched so I've no reason to think they have been reset for a reason, and everyone else on my friends list is unaffected.

What a joke. :evil:

I've just been on now, I still had shotguns (and blue eyes) but my PS3 lost its internet connection before I could start a game. I played a quick local game, then I went back on... to find my emblem is now one bone. My stats are still the same, but emblem is just one bone and one tally. :o

So I go onto Tranzit solo to do something about it, head straight to the bank on round 1 like I usually do - turns out my bank is now empty as well! It was definitely full after my last game last night. I also got Richtofens "just getting used to the aether" quote as well, so i'm glad I haven't done the easter egg yet as that would most likely have gone too. I've never glitched so I've no reason to think they have been reset for a reason, and everyone else on my friends list is unaffected.

What a joke. :evil:

You still have your stats so play a few good games and they will likely return.

You still have your stats so play a few good games and they will likely return.

I thought I did have them, my old stats were on the leaderboards before I started a game, but when I press right on my name in the lobby my stats have all been reset. After a quick google search I found that by going on local after being disconnected was the cause.. https://support.activision.com/articles ... olled-Back

Just a shame I can't get the damn Stats Reset link on that page to work!

Hey I've recently been trying rigorously to rank up, yet still to no avail has anything occurred. I've currently got a 334 k/d so I'd like to think I'm way passed the supposed min k/d though I feel that's debunked alone considering there are people with 30 k/d's sporting shotguns... I've been playing everyday and for three days straight I went on a spree of 8 games a day with 1000+ kills in each and one down yet still have not exceeded current rank... So I'm wondering if anyone remembers specifically their gaming activity, rounds reached in the games, kills vs downs, and any other relevent stats prior to recieving their shotguns...thank you... and I pray the next black ops, which we all know is surely in development, will have a ranking system that "actually" measures an individuals skill...not their k/d which I feel has little to do with a zombie slayer's skill as I know varying players with a bagilion downs who I wouldnt trade for a 1000 k/d player because of their resourcefulness, sacrficial tendencies, and amazing teamwork...sorry for the rant haha

Hey I've recently been trying rigorously to rank up, yet still to no avail has anything occurred. I've currently got a 334 k/d so I'd like to think I'm way passed the supposed min k/d though I feel that's debunked alone considering there are people with 30 k/d's sporting shotguns... I've been playing everyday and for three days straight I went on a spree of 8 games a day with 1000+ kills in each and one down yet still have not exceeded current rank... So I'm wondering if anyone remembers specifically their gaming activity, rounds reached in the games, kills vs downs, and any other relevent stats prior to recieving their shotguns...thank you... and I pray the next black ops, which we all know is surely in development, will have a ranking system that "actually" measures an individuals skill...not their k/d which I feel has little to do with a zombie slayer's skill as I know varying players with a bagilion downs who I wouldnt trade for a 1000 k/d player because of their resourcefulness, sacrficial tendencies, and amazing teamwork...sorry for the rant haha

Can you post us all your stats from the Elite website?

How many total kills do you have? You need at least 20K before you are able to get shotties I believe.

How many total kills do you have? You need at least 20K before you are able to get shotties I believe.

250,000 haha...I believe i am over the minimum kill quota...I'm so confused...and I have in fact seen people under 20,000 kills with shotguns...also thanks for replying :D ...hopefully some more people can shed light as well on the topic...

Can you post us all your stats from the Elite website?

258,148 Kills

747 Downs

200% Accuracy

26% Headshots

1077 Revives

471 Deaths

2407 Miles Traveled

308,454 Gibs

19,858 Grenade Kills

68,084 Headshots

1,818 Perks Drank

1344 Doors Opened

Rounds:

Tranzit- 1p: 47 2p: 38 3p: 38 4p: 27

Town- 1p: 39 2p: N/A 3p: 45 4p: 27

Farm- 1p: 34 2p: N/A 3p: N/A 4p: 15

Bus Depot- 1p: 20 2p: N/A 3p: N/A 4p: 14

Nuketown- 1p: 23 2p: 17 3p: 30 4p: 28

Die Rise- 1p: 104 2p: 33 3p: 28 4p: 32 (39 solo without using the sliquifier)

I don't think rounds play too heavily as I've seen people often say they recieved shotguns after a game of reaching round 20 which I've passed for the most part on all maps...not sure what to think...any help would be much appreciated...

Your kills/revives may play a role. I'm shotguns and my K/R is 102, yours is 239. You should be increasing your revives to decrease that number.

I can attempt it and post my findings...though I find that the notion is pretty poor on the account of the people who created the ranking system to implement revives as a factor...I play with a dedicated group of friends, all of which understand the game so my revives are difficult to get, and when i play with randoms if they go down consistently I will revive them immidiately as I consider my greatest weakness in zombies is that I will try and revive people against all odds, but then when I go down, they leave me for dead...so do i quit, no i simply re-earn my perks and guns, but while in the process they go down, and obviously I can't get them as I'm halfway across tranzit, and then they proceed to die and tell me I'm a terrible team-mate then quit...?... no worries I will try and get this up...

Most stats are dependent on you, revives are dependent on your team-mates and their abilities to stay alive or not, judgeing an individual based on those around him and how he reacts accordingly seems poor in term of ranking up, especially if the team-mates never go down...but thats just me...I'll do what I can and post results or lack there of... thanks for the reply :)