Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

I bombed every map on Zombies the whole week. Solo and Co-op, I got over 30 rounds plus on every map.

I calculated and my KD went up to 85. (It wouldn't be so low if I knew this before I started playing Grief mode with friends and went for my achievements first) I'm still the damn regular skull rank. So all the talk about needing over 70 KD or having high rounds on every map to get to skull with knife rank is bullshit... I even beat every leaderboards on my friends list, and one of them is a skull with shotguns.. wtf?!

But yeah, that's about all I can make of this ranking system so far. I'm sick of these retarded maps aswell, besides Nuketown. So if I don't get some legt info on the rankings which nobody can get to so far, I doubt I'll still be playing this until they decide to release their DLC.

I wanted a higher rank before that though, but it just seems impossible to get unless you get a high KD in your first few games.

It is the KDR..again, the generic range for skull to knife is 60-200 which you're on the low end of, do you have a lot of downs? Downs are the worst factor for your rank, they are weighted heavily against you and a lot of drops in a game with under 200 kills can easily drop your emblem.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bombed every map on Zombies the whole week. Solo and Co-op, I got over 30 rounds plus on every map.

I calculated and my KD went up to 85. (It wouldn't be so low if I knew this before I started playing Grief mode with friends and went for my achievements first) I'm still the damn regular skull rank. So all the talk about needing over 70 KD or having high rounds on every map to get to skull with knife rank is bullshit... I even beat every leaderboards on my friends list, and one of them is a skull with shotguns.. wtf?!

But yeah, that's about all I can make of this ranking system so far. I'm sick of these retarded maps aswell, besides Nuketown. So if I don't get some legt info on the rankings which nobody can get to so far, I doubt I'll still be playing this until they decide to release their DLC.

I wanted a higher rank before that though, but it just seems impossible to get unless you get a high KD in your first few games.

It is the KDR..again, the generic range for skull to knife is 60-200 which you're on the low end of, do you have a lot of downs? Downs are the worst factor for your rank, they are weighted heavily against you and a lot of drops in a game with under 200 kills can easily drop your emblem.

Just went on Farm with two people until round 36 with only 3 downs. Still nothing. I got 45000 kills and 500 downs. In comparision to my kills, the downs is really not a lot

Yes it may be but if you are playing aeveral games and gettig quite a few downs (excluding your game on Farm) then you may not be gaining ranks because of it. To properly gain a better KDR then why not do what i'm doing and play Survival games? Don't by Quick Revive and just play till you go down- you'll only need 200 kills without goin down (which is about wave 11) to get a 200 KDR every game- You should be there soon!

Yes it may be but if you are playing aeveral games and gettig quite a few downs (excluding your game on Farm) then you may not be gaining ranks because of it. To properly gain a better KDR then why not do what i'm doing and play Survival games? Don't by Quick Revive and just play till you go down- you'll only need 200 kills without goin down (which is about wave 11) to get a 200 KDR every game- You should be there soon!

Trust me, mate. I've been doing this the whole week. I basically came from 50 because I did not think the downs had to do with anything of this, and I was playing Tranzit with friends trying so many different things to do. When I play survival, I rarely go down before round 30. Went on Nuketown without Jugg until 25, this stuff is easy for me after playing Zombies every year. So I'm kind of losing my patience, because right now it seems like the only way of getting a high rank is farming kills. The downing myself part is the least of my worries.

But here I'm gonna tell you something that pissed me off even more about this. Apparently a lot of my friends that are just playing 'Easy mode' on custom games, start on round 20 and boost their kills without getting Quick Revive. I just tried one game right now and got atleast 1500 kills before my first (and last) down. Looked at my total kill score and right now I have a KD of 87...

They really didn't think so well about the ranking up system by the looks of this

has there been any cases of anyone ranking up to the knife or shotguns without glowing eyes? because there's usually a day or to in the week where I don't touch my xbox so even if I do get the consecutive 5 days I usually don't keep it for long lol and my K/D ratio is close to 200 so :?

Very likely. I was on Skull with Blue Eyes. Didn't play a day , logged in and they were gone. Same day I did Round 40 on nuketown with a friend. I got Knife but blue eyes were still off. Sometimes I wonder breaking for a day or two and starting over helps ranking up. May be something gets reset?

Very likely. I was on Skull with Blue Eyes. Didn't play a day , logged in and they were gone. Same day I did Round 40 on nuketown with a friend. I got Knife but blue eyes were still off. Sometimes I wonder breaking for a day or two and starting over helps ranking up. May be something gets reset?

You got the knife now? Congrats! I knew you would.

has there been any cases of anyone ranking up to the knife or shotguns without glowing eyes? because there's usually a day or to in the week where I don't touch my xbox so even if I do get the consecutive 5 days I usually don't keep it for long lol and my K/D ratio is close to 200 so :?

yeah nevermind lol I ranked up today after a good match of survival on town with four slashes, its weird though because the other guy friended me after and I checked his stats and he's better than me but I have a higher rank,the only thing that I have higher than him is revives :P

Ok so maybe most of you know this already... But here goes

First off we all know you start with one bone then two then the skull.... But then...

You have to play five days/nights in a row each day/night = 1 tally mark. This Is what shows your COMMITMENT!

Therefore play five days/nights in a row you get the five tally marks, and the blue eyes on your skull

(5 tally marks = blue eyes, they are the same!)

Then for each day/night you don't play zombies you lose a tally mark, simple you miss a day/night you lose your blue eyes, miss another you go to 3 tally marks then 2, 1, 0 tally marks again simple :)

However for those of you with either a skull, skull and knife, skull and shotguns. You cannot be deranked from that once you have achieved it you will only lose the blue eyes / tally marks

As for gaining the knife and shotguns I'm not sure of this part all I know is that you have to have your COMMITMENT (blue eyes) to rank up.

In my experience the only way I could get the knife was playing a solo game and getting over 1000 kills with only 1 down, in other words its impossible on solo if you buy quick revive which would explain why a lot of really good high round players are having trouble getting ranked up.

As for the shotguns I still haven't achieved them but am trying a few things and will let you know how I get on! :D

Well, I have skipped playing for a few days, never lost a tally or my blue eyes over it.

I was playing with a friend today who has the dual shotguns.. He said when his Kill / Death ratio hit 200:1, he got the shotguns. Mine is 100:1 and I have the skull.

Anyone have 200:1 K/D that can confirm this?

Well, I have skipped playing for a few days, never lost a tally or my blue eyes over it.

I was playing with a friend today who has the dual shotguns.. He said when his Kill / Death ratio hit 200:1, he got the shotguns. Mine is 100:1 and I have the skull.

I have k/d of 98 and have skull and knife...

We have seen some cases where players with 200kd still don't rank up to Shotguns. There is something more to it. However K/D definitely still is one of the most important factors to rank up.

The guy I did the EE with had knife and went down a few times in Tranzit; exploring, bulking up bank acct, getting achievements... lost his knife. We played one game of Town/Survival immediately afterwards in an attempt to get it back and it worked. 2 players quit on us and we got to round 21, he had 835 kills and 1 down. So you can totally lose it. I saw my friend ClassyJazzy gain her shotguns, lose them and get em back all in one night. Also I've seen knife and shotties without blue eyes, often... so Welsh has some incorrect theories.

It's a little disappointing that I will never have a knife, much less shotguns. I learned to play on BO2, I have almost 600 downs. Most of my stats are in the top 10,000 except my revives, perks drank, doors and distance traveled which are all in the top 3,000. I play ALOT, I've gotten pretty good. I always have twice as many kills as the next best guy on the team and I don't buy Tombstone because if I go down, 99 times out of 100, the games over. Actually I've been known to down myself early towards the end of a round to get all 6 perks on Town, but that's beside the point. I'm really good now and I don't think this will ever be reflected in my rank because I'm in 6.5 millionth place as far as deaths go. I won't start another acct just for an upgrade even tho I'm on PSN and I have 3 e-mail addresses but man it's tempting. Especially when knife and shotgun players keep backing out of the lobby. I guess my stats are good enough to usually be paired up skulls mostly, knife every once in a while but rarely ever crossbones and never shotguns. Maybe I am somewhere in the middle but I really think I'm better than average. My highest round, 34 was in the top 1,000 for awhile, now it's more like 2,000. But I had 98 downs. :-) It was pretty early on. Oh to play with those three again, and their PaPed Ballistic Knives, now that I'm hardcore. I wonder if theater would still have that game? It was about 700 games ago, I really doubt it.

The guy I did the EE with had knife and went down a few times in Tranzit; exploring, bulking up bank acct, getting achievements... lost his knife. We played one game of Town/Survival immediately afterwards in an attempt to get it back and it worked. 2 players quit on us and we got to round 21, he had 835 kills and 1 down. So you can totally lose it. I saw my friend ClassyJazzy gain her shotguns, lose them and get em back all in one night. Also I've seen knife and shotties without blue eyes, often... so Welsh has some incorrect theories.

Fair enough, but am I right saying u can't go back from a skull to bones or has someone had this happen too

And ye as I said you can lose blue eyes whichever rank you are if you don't play for a day. :)

Got the Shotguns emblem a few days ago.

I looked at my KD ratio after the game ended from where it changed..

My KD ratio was 167.. but my other stats are really good..(example: ranked 300 in the world in revives, Top 2000 in 5 other categories)

Kills: 89200

Downs: 507

Got the Shotguns emblem a few days ago.

I looked at my KD ratio after the game ended from where it changed..

My KD ratio was 167.. but my other stats are really good..(example: ranked 300 in the world in revives, Top 2000 in 5 other categories)

Kills: 89200

Downs: 507

Are you on wii? Just kidding. Those are good stats. Just wondering how many revives you have to be Ranked 300.