Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me think.

So I play, sometimes I fail a bit, ok, but I got my 100'000 kills and 1000 downs. 100K/D.

But now, I improve suddenly to super pro. I average a 250 K/D now. My old stats stay of course.

After 10k kills:

110k K / 1040 D = 106 KD

After 25k Kills:

125k K / 1100 D = 113 KD

After 50k Kills:

150k K / 1200 D = 125 KD

After 100k Kills:

200k K / 1400 D = 143 KD

After 500k Kills (1000h playtime?)

600k / 3000 D = 200 KD! Finally, yay, 200 KD.

My Skill was only 'good' for the first 200h / 100k Kills I played. The following 1000h / 500k it was super pro. But it still took me these 1000h, until the game noticed, that my K/D improved? Would this system be good?

It doesn't need to be exactly 200KDR, that is the roundabout estimate or "approximate" KDR that people tend to improve to the shotguns...I don't think it will take 500,000 more kills to go ahead and rank up to the shotguns...I'm sure the system will recognize your consistent "super pro" before then. The game takes all things into consideration.

Let me think.

So I play, sometimes I fail a bit, ok, but I got my 100'000 kills and 1000 downs. 100K/D.

But now, I improve suddenly to super pro. I average a 250 K/D now. My old stats stay of course.

After 10k kills:

110k K / 1040 D = 106 KD

After 25k Kills:

125k K / 1100 D = 113 KD

After 50k Kills:

150k K / 1200 D = 125 KD

After 100k Kills:

200k K / 1400 D = 143 KD

After 500k Kills (1000h playtime?)

600k / 3000 D = 200 KD! Finally, yay, 200 KD.

My Skill was only 'good' for the first 200h / 100k Kills I played. The following 1000h / 500k it was super pro. But it still took me these 1000h, until the game noticed, that my K/D improved? Would this system be good?

Lol, That sounds familiar Tom :D I have worked my ass off past 2 weeks and doubled my kills to 90k and avoided downs. It helped me get Dagger, but yea forget about the shotguns. This system doesn't sound so promising. Me and a couple friends mess around in Custom games and play challenges like "No Magic" and acquire some downs. If this hurts my Rank then I don't think I will stop playing. Yea I am not very impressed with this system either and I refuse to create different accounts just for the sake of ranking up.

I made a new account because I started a zombie organization (Sons of Mayhem) and all of us are required to have the SoM prefix on our accounts; but I also did it to test out my theory which worked out exactly as I thought it would. I got shotguns in 4 days, one day for each new emblem. I am not going to lie, I was very adamant and serious in uncovering the mystery behind this system and although none of us have it worked out, I think we figured out exactly what we need to rank up.

Hi guys, I just wanted to discuss the new ranking system in black ops 2 zombies. The new ranking system works in a way that it gives you a rank based on an average of your last games. For example if you play really badly in a previous game your level will drop, but if you play well ( I.e one down) your rank will increase. This will help players see how consistent other players are and can help show weaknesses in other players.

Personally, I have always wanted some form of ranking system in zombies due to it being what I spend most of my time on. I think this system is a great idea and I am looking forward to seeing how it is incorporated ino elite for zombies.

Feel free to leave any ideas/opinions on the new ranking system down below. :D

Now can someone answer me this cos i've been trying to figure it out but it's kind of bugging me:

So, last weekend (Around 2 Saturday's ago) I finally ranked up from blue eyes to Dagger. I was over the Moon (Get it?) but starte playing clumsily and honestly a little cocky (The amount of friend requests and messages you get from people with blue eyes is insane!) and, inevitably, I was dropped back down to Skull Blue Eyes (Last Thursday). Now, after playing non-stop zombies (whenever I wasn't at School anyway) since then, I got my dagger back last night. Now here's the part that's bugging me- I played a solo game on Town Survival first, which I did pretty bad in (It was on Xbox Live but a custom game, got 300 and something kills and 3 downs), but then I played an even worse public game on TranZit afterwards (Around wave 16, only had 169 Kills and 3 downs! I was disgusted with myself honestly) and everyone left the game too (Turning it into a solo game obviously). Now, as soon as the last person left the scoreboard change and showed I had been demoted back to Blue Eyes Skull. I checked the theater mode- these two splitacreeners left first (I was trolling them by trapping thwm in the spawn room by keeping the final turbine piece on me so my own fault really), and I still had Knife Blue Eyes accordig to the scoreboard. Then, the other person went down in the Town and I couldn't reach them so they left (Still had Knife Blue Eyes), but as soon as I loaded the third video (Where it was a solo game), it showed I now possesed Blue Eyes Skull. This left me with a few questions:

1. Does your teammates leaving affect your level (implies you're a bad player?)

2. Can you lose levels mid game (Possible as the three times I wnet down were when the split screeners left, and It was just me and some randomer there)?

3. And is the syatem based mainly on Kills/ Downs ratio (I pulled a 169 to 3 kills/downs ratio, which if i had just tipped into Knife Blue Eyes range then would probably be bad enough to drag me down a level)?

I'm going to sweat it out and try an play an ace game tommorow to test the third question (See if I level up with most kills to least downs i can possibly do) and i'll update this with results, but waht do you guys think about this?

I would never Create a new account just for the rank.

Yeah I hear ya, lamest shit ever dude. If I started a new account and was only going for stats my kdr would be stupid. You can tell the lame-o's who started new accounts by total kills and whether or not they have decent records on survival, grief, BO1 etc.

I made a new account because I started a zombie organization (Sons of Mayhem) and all of us are required to have the SoM prefix on our accounts; but I also did it to test out my theory which worked out exactly as I thought it would. I got shotguns in 4 days, one day for each new emblem. I am not going to lie, I was very adamant and serious in uncovering the mystery behind this system and although none of us have it worked out, I think we figured out exactly what we need to rank up.

Why would someone start a new account just to be in your clan?

Maybe to get the Skull+knife and Skull+Shotguns you have to also be in the top ~20% and top ~5%. Just a thought

Not a bad thought. The combination of where you rank with all of your rounds and all of your stats (kills, downs, doors, gibs, head shots, all of it) in comparison to the total pool of players. Could be it!

So if your game crashes and your in a game, it wont count as a down if you had 0. Im going to try turning the console off mid game from the xbl and see if it counts as a down. Suicides may be a thig off the past.

All your stats count except Round if you end the game without dying. That's my understanding. You did not have any downs in the end so yes No downs.

The only reason why the top 5% and top 20% thing wouldn't work is because I have shotguns and I barely have the top anything....I just rarely get downed in games and always the last one alive and never lost a grief. I think those who have ratios under 200 with shotguns, investigate if they are playing lots of grief...that could be a factor!

I played a game where the guy was boosting his revives. I was at power & he was at Town. First I thought he was just going for the fast revive skill/perk, but he ended up doing about 30 revives consecutively.

His friend or 2nd controller was laying in the lava & he was just doing revive after revive.

When I got to town I saw what he was doing, he had 1 zombie left so I shot it. He then quit!

Do you think reviving contributes?

Kjoe, you're due for the knife behind the skull...what you may want to do is expand your game base. Treyarch wants to see zombie players playing solo, co-op, town, farm AND tranzit....reviving has very little to do with your rank as I got shotguns when I had just made a fresh account after having good game after good game from the start.