Official Ranking System Discussion and Theories

Please No more threads on this topic. Just add your feedback here. Any new thread will be added to this page and locked. To help others rank please add the following details.

Kills:

Downs:

k/d:

Highest round in solo or co-op:

Emblem or Rank:

My theory after Jimmy's tweets.

[td]
Category Detailed Description
Downs Survive 5 rounds without a down past Round 15 to get a A.
[/td] Survive 20 rounds without a down to get a distinction.
More than three downs per round gives you D.
Rounds Survive 5 rounds or less in a game, you get D.
Survive 20 rounds or more to get B.
Survive 30 rounds or more to get A.
Head shots Get a total of 500 head shots per game to get a distinction.
Earn 115 head shots to get a B.
You get a B for having 15 or more revives in a game.
Revives

Get three or more revives at any round past 20 and then clutch the same round to get a distinction.
Big spender You get a B for spending 30,000 or more per game.
Quit midgame You get a D if you quit the game after getting a kill.
Kills Get a total of 500 kills or more to get B.
Get a total of 1000 kills in a game to get A.
Get less than 10% of team kills in any round past 15 you get a D.

Distinction A+ and D's can only be earned once per category.

Any other grade can be achieved more than once.

A+ 40 points (Distinction)

A 25 points

B 10 points

D -10 points

F -100 points

Note: 3 D's will earn you a "F".

"F" will leave you bankrupt and give you a total of -100 points for that game.

Grief and turned stats will not be accounted for Ranks.

So lets take some test cases:

Case 1:

Player A joins a public game and these are his stats.

He survives 26 rounds, 4 downs( round 3, 5, 24, 25) 254 head shots, 12 revives, 800 kills and spends 50,000 points.

1. Downs: Total 4 downs, Survived 5 rounds without a down past round 15 twice (15-20, 20-25).

He will earn 2 'A's.

2. Round: Survived 20+ rounds earns one B

3. Head shots: Has more than 115 head shots earns one B

4. Revives: No grades earned.

5. Big Spender: Earns B here for spending more than 30k.

6. Quit midgame: 0 N/A

7. Kills: Earns one B for 500+ kills.

Total : 2A + 1B + 1B + 1B + 1B = 2A + 3B = 2 * 25 + 3 *10 = 50 + 30 = 80 points.

Let's say you need an average of 100 points or more for shotguns.

50 points or more for knife.

25 points or more for skull

10 points or more for crossbones

Case 2:

Player B joins a public game and these are his stats.

He survives 36 rounds, 34 downs( round 20, 27, 33(10 downs inactive),34(5 downs inactive),35(7 downs inactive),36(10 downs inactive, trolled by teammates) 474 head shots

, 12 revives, 2500 kills and spends 50,000 points.

1. Downs: Total 34 downs, Survived 5 rounds without a down past round 15 twice (15-20, 21-26).

He will earn 2 'A's.

Has more than 3 downs per round, gets a D. (Round 33)

Survive 20 rounds without a down, gets a distinction. (1-20)

2. Round: Survive 30 rounds or more, gets A.

3. Head shots: 115 head shots earns B

4. Revives: No grades earned.

5. Big Spender: Earns B here for spending more than 30k.

6. Quit mid game: 0 N/A

7. Kills: Get a total of 1000 kills in a game, gets A.

Get less than 10% of team kills in any round past 15, gets D.

Total : 2A + D + A+ + A + B + A + D = 4A, A+,1B, 2D = (4*25) + 40 + 10 - 20 = 130

Point calculation and rank determination

Let's say you need an average of 100 points or more for shotguns.

50 points or more for knife.

25 points or more for skull

10 points or more for crossbones

Conclusion:

This is a theory and the numbers are made up. I am definitely not certain about some things (like D grades and distinctions) but I believe I am right on target with downs and rounds. Basically not going down in the low rounds will give you better grades like A and that adds up to your rank.

I really wish hope quitters get punished hard.

List of threads regarding this topic:

Ranking system (theory)

Another ranking thread.

Your Zombie K/D and Emblem

The Zombies Ranking System -- Explained and Reviewed

Ranking easy to figure out?

Ranking system vs. Solo/Custom

Ranking system?

**Official Zombies Ranking System** (Theory)

Another Rank predicting thread/theory

Petition To get Ranking System Info from Treyarch.

Black ops 2 Zombies Ranking System

Zombies Ranking System (Theory)

ranking system bo2 zombies

Black Ops 2 Zombie Rankings Explained

Question about the ranks.

Teach me something.

Ranking system

Ranking system sadness

Keys to Improving rank in zombies

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kils-17959

Downs-242

K:d-74.2

Highest round-21

Emblem-Skull, had blue eyes, lost them when i missed a day, and then got them back, lost again on rank corrupted.

I exclusively play custom games, ive been trying to play more public. If highest round applied to custom games highest round would be 31. Played since launch, alot of downs i would have if i knew about k:d from the start. Also, i ranked up to skull first day. Hasnt changed yet.

Bullets fired 117,190

Bullets Hit 184,781

Deaths 190

Travelled 687

Doors Purchased 409

Downs 282

Gibs 57,905

Grenade Kills 7,653

Headshots 13,689

Kills 39,265

Perks Drank 381

Revives 307

Highest Round Solo

TranZit 40

Survival Bus 12

Survival Farm 29

Survival Town 25

Highest Round

2 Player 21

3 player 33

4 player 28

Rank/Emblem: stuck the last two weeks on Skull with Dagger

Perhaps you could add a new sheet in the information spreadsheet from Tom852

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akx9iCAz57g3dFdpcTVRMjJNX3BaVHBTOWQyclVBZ1E&pli=1

edit: added highest rounds

CAREER:

Kills: 35227

Bullets fired: 121249

Downs: 359

Revives: 202

Grenade kills: 3232

Headshots: 9157

Deaths: 284

Gibs: 44147

Perks drank: 374

Doors: 577

Hits: 1.27

Miles: 830

My kills divided by downs is: 98.12

Tranzit solo: 36 Farm solo: 23 Town solo: 13 Bus Depot solo: 13 Nuketown solo: 29

My emblem has been at Skull with blue eyes for weeks now. Hoping i go up to the knife soon.

Has anyone else noticed that if you just hit start and 'leave game' ... You get zero downs? I wonder if anyone uses this to their advantage, i havent yet...but i wonder if treyarch put that in there for a reason. So we dont 'feed the zombies'...?

Kills: 70,550

Downs: 430

k/d: 164

Highest round in solo or co-op: 47

Emblem or Rank: Skull w/ shot guns

Just figured I'd add, since I was really unsure of exactly how the system works, in order to get top rank (skull w/ shotties) I don't think it based on overall kdr. In order to get the skull w/ daggers I think you need three games in which you get 1,000 kills without dying. To get the skull w/ shotties, I think you need three games in which you get 2,000 kills without dying. I've developed this theory because I had friends on my list with the skull/shotties and compared my overall kdr with theirs. Since mine was higher, I had a feeling it wasn't about overall. After hearing recently that it was based on a single game, or three game performance, I did a three man on transit. I played at the diner for many of the rounds, which if you know, that's where they spawn the fastest. We only went to round 35, but I ended up with 2,200 kills before I died and after the game I had my shotties.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the first time I've had a 2,000 kill game without dying, actually I know for sure of at least one other instance, but that was solo. So in short, based on what I've seen its possible that you might only need one game where you get 2,000 kills without dying, but it needs to be in co-op.

Blue eyes are just about activity, if you don't play for a day or two you lose your blue eyes. I haven't had time to play since Sunday and I just checked before posting this and my eyes are gone but I still have the skull with shotties. This isn't the first time that I've lost my blue eyes after not playing for a day or two.

Kills: 70,550

Downs: 430

k/d: 164

Highest round in solo or co-op: 47

Emblem or Rank: Skull w/ shot guns

Just figured I'd add, since I was really unsure of exactly how the system works, in order to get top rank (skull w/ shotties) I don't think it based on overall kdr. In order to get the skull w/ daggers I think you need three games in which you get 1,000 kills without dying. To get the skull w/ shotties, I think you need three games in which you get 2,000 kills without dying. I've developed this theory because I had friends on my list with the skull/shotties and compared my overall kdr with theirs. Since mine was higher, I had a feeling it wasn't about overall. After hearing recently that it was based on a single game, or three game performance, I did a three man on transit. I played at the diner for many of the rounds, which if you know, that's where they spawn the fastest. We only went to round 35, but I ended up with 2,200 kills before I died and after the game I had my shotties.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the first time I've had a 2,000 kill game without dying, actually I know for sure of at least one other instance, but that was solo. So in short, based on what I've seen its possible that you might only need one game where you get 2,000 kills without dying, but it needs to be in co-op.

Blue eyes are just about activity, if you don't play for a day or two you lose your blue eyes. I haven't had time to play since Sunday and I just checked before posting this and my eyes are gone but I still have the skull with shotties. This isn't the first time that I've lost my blue eyes after not playing for a day or two.

I've done a tranZit game where I had 0 downs until I suicided at Round 40. I had 3000+ kills in total. However my friend timed out at 37. But my kills still counted. I have crossed 2000+ kills mark in solo with no downs. But I think this is interesting theory. I will test this theory again today in Nuke Town Solo or when I do another co-op game. Thanks dude.

The game I got the shotguns I had about 700 kills and 3 downs on Town Survival at Round 29. It only took me 4 days to test out my theory and it was exact. If you look at my previous thread where I talk about my theory, I predicted on the exact day that I'd get my shotguns. Every single day I progressed one emblem.

I had a MAX KDR and a minimum number of kills. Crossed to shotguns at the minimum of 15,000 kills threshold which is the same time Infest crossed with a good KDR.

With Kutmah, he had a really high round of 47...I think rounds can make up for a lower KDR, I've noticed that people who are getting shotguns with lower KDR'S have some higher rounds than I do. Rounds play a factor too which makes sense. KDR still seems to be the most heavily weighted as most people in the 100's KDR still have only a dagger, while a few sprinkled in the mix have shotguns.

With Kutmah, he had a really high round of 47...I think rounds can make up for a lower KDR, I've noticed that people who are getting shotguns with lower KDR'S have some higher rounds than I do. Rounds play a factor too which makes sense.

I have a round 50 best on co-op (town) last night but My KD is not high enough. A friend of mine has everything 250KD, 50+ as his best round. We are both still stuck at Skull with dagger. At this point all I can say is it's a combination of following in an order.

1 Kills to Down ratio.

2 Downs to revive ratio.

3 Highest round on Solo and Co-op.

4 Average number of kills per game.

5 Wins Loss Ratio in Grief

6 Percentage Head Shots

7 Grenade Kills/ Gibs / Miles/ Other stats

Ranks are updated at 7pm eastern standard time. I have an idea. Have him play a game around 5 or 6pm that will last him past 7pm. Make sure he plays well and has no more than 3 downs that game. Also make sure it's on a map he doesn't usually play and put in hellhounds or something if it's custom. If not, I recommend a tranzit game. Make sure it's a long game and runs past 7pm. Trust me. If his stats are "true", it will happen. Also...he is playing every day I assume?

Ranks are updated at 7pm eastern standard time. I have an idea. Have him play a game around 5 or 6pm that will last him past 7pm. Make sure he plays well and has no more than 3 downs that game. Also make sure it's on a map he doesn't usually play and put in hellhounds or something if it's custom. If not, I recommend a tranzit game. Make sure it's a long game and runs past 7pm. Trust me. If his stats are "true", it will happen. Also...he is playing every day I assume?

He got sick of this crap and he stopped playing since 2 weeks. lol.. He is doing Multiplayer now I think.