Red beam of light from Bank to Tower

Cremkie

here is a video of someone getting the same effect, but it appears to come from the door on the laundromat.

_FxYQ2TIxbM

I've seen a similar effect happen from the mystery box to the tower, and from the lights to the tower, but the video clearly shows some patterns which seem to almost come right out of the door.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what it looks like is the beam is triggered by damage being done to the door? Or does it constantly stay on?

Has anyone tried bombarding this thing with some more powerful weapons? Perhaps multiple players shoot it simultaneously similar to the end of the Ascension EE?

I'm extremely curious to see what's on the other side of that door.

Im a rather impatient reader and i didnt realy all the comments but i have seen something interesting from all the clips and screenies: Why is one streak aimed at the second floor of the Bank and the other is at the entry way? what if someone were to stand in front of said streak of lightning? MAYBE THE STREAK IS POWERED BY E115 AND IT GIVES UALL THE PERKS?!!?!?!?!!?!!?!? eh.....i unno. check it out if any of u have the time?

EDIT: i also realized something else. Some people on youtube have seen that when they used the box a weapons wil lhave a orangle glow as it come out of the mystery box. It is only seen when the easter egg is completed. Perhaps when it appears u must take the gun to the laundromat and shoot the door? i unno.......but check it out when u can!

Heres a observation, I notice in the vid Strwrsbob posted he has one beam of light and also is playing solo and has 1 nav card. I notice in another pic there is 4 beams, then the one where he had richtofens side he has 2 beams. You cannot tell how many navcards they have though. Maybe they are connected...? Maybe the number of beams correllate to the number of navcards on your screen?

A couple things...

1) It has nothing to do with shots fired at the door/damage to the door. It is based on when you ADS on the handle, after about 5-15 seconds you'll get the light.

2) I can confirm that with Richtofen's side of the EE done (what I currently have) it is blue/purple beams.

3) I aggressively attacked the door with a Ray Gun, Semtex, and paped M16A1 (Skullcrusher) and the Skullcrusher grenade launcher and... nothing.

So I was just playing and I saw this same red beam but what got my attention was what happens before I saw the beam. I was playing online it was round 5 we take the from the bus stop to the diner. I opened the door to hit the mystery box but when I saw the box spinning random weapons ** I saw a flame going around counter clockwise *** iv never seen this before and I told everyone look at the gun. And then when I looked up I saw the same red beam of light.

I did it also and unfortunately I think it dont move the clock its just absorbing his blue light, thats all :/

*I didn't overheat jet gun so it will split into parts.

Also jet gun do nothing with other clocks in town and bus depot.

Just tried this aswell and i agree with you, it does look like its absorbing the light which is peculiar. I don't think we should count it out just yet though, it's a pretty weird effect.

I wanted to do a bit more digging but the host rage quit causing a connection interupted. :x

I tried the Jet Gun on the Clock at the Diner. And right after that, I realized what it is. Nothing. What you're actually seeing is the Partical Effect that happens when you fire the Jet Gun, it causes a distortion effect near the front end of the weapon, similating air being sucked in. Any kind of light will have the same effect, I tried the same thing on the Green Streetlight at the Diner.

It was a good effort, but just another dead end.

I've completed Richtofen's side, and I took a spin on the box, I got the blue sparkles, got the RPD. I went and stood at the Laundromat, nothing out of the ordinary - the light beams behaved as they normally have been documented. I upgraded the RPD and it seems that the lights have completely disappeared - I've stood, staring ADS (not firing - some post previous has said you don't need to, and unupgraded RPD w/o firing got the lights to sparkle) for a good 30 seconds and no blue lights appeared.

I have a full bank, round 3, and I'm top 200 in the world for zombies solo TranZit. Any ideas, I can test in solo?

Edit - just got the sparkles. The only thing I've noticed with the upgraded sparkled RPD is that now the blue light seems to fade to purple much faster. Other than that, nothing. Also I've gotten Him/Avagadro/Electrical ghost man to spawn in town, and I'm staring at the handle. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

I've completed Richtofen's side, and I took a spin on the box, I got the blue sparkles, got the RPD. I went and stood at the Laundromat, nothing out of the ordinary - the light beams behaved as they normally have been documented. I upgraded the RPD and it seems that the lights have completely disappeared - I've stood, staring ADS (not firing - some post previous has said you don't need to, and unupgraded RPD w/o firing got the lights to sparkle) for a good 30 seconds and no blue lights appeared.

I have a full bank, round 3, and I'm top 200 in the world for zombies solo TranZit. Any ideas, I can test in solo?

Thanks for testing out the theory (whether you meant to or not :P ) I dunno if you saw my post. Perhaps try with a friend and see if you can aim that beam at your friend when he stands at the bank

AplhaOmega - "Thanks for testing out the theory (whether you meant to or not ) I dunno if you saw my post. Perhaps try with a friend and see if you can aim that beam at your friend when he stands at the bank"

I did see your post, and I thought that way to easy - just hit someone with the beam. I'll do it, but two things 1) don't expect anything and 2) you can't really "aim" the beam - the beam randomizes itself, with little pattern as far as I can tell.