Red beam of light from Bank to Tower

Cremkie

Myself and a few others completed Maxis's side of the Tower of Babble last night. After we completed it we attempted to complete Richtofens side so we turned back on the power. I went into town to build the jet gun and decided to look into some of the theories that have been discussed recently.

I ended up knifing the lock on the door to the laundrette....I knifed it a few times and nothing happened but I thought I saw a beam of light when I turned around so I knifed it some more and voila a beam of red light appeared from the tower straight into the bank, I repeated this and every time the beam would appear from the tower to the bank, I was just about to ask one of the other guys to knife the other door in the alley where the box spawns but lost my bloody connection to Black Ops 2 servers.

Has anyone else seen this???

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a screenshot or a clip of it? I have never heard of, nor seen this "red beam of light". But if what you say is true, it could be relevant about the 2nd floor of the bank.

I will check in theatre mode to see if that beam shows up. This is the first time I've heard anyone talk about the 2nd floor of the bank as that is exactly where the beam was going/coming from.

I have not seen this but I have heard of it once before. Notice the lightning rod type thing on the roof of the bank above the double doors. It has to mean something!

As I said I lost my connection before I could try the other door, I too believe that there is something we are missing. I will try knifing both doors simultaneously, using turbines, etc

Even the locks on those doors look odd even out of place.

I have not seen this but I have heard of it once before. Notice the lightning rod type thing on the roof of the bank above the double doors. It has to mean something!

As I said I lost my connection before I could try the other door, I too believe that there is something we are missing. I will try knifing both doors simultaneously, using turbines, etc

Even the locks on those doors look odd even out of place.

i noticed this for sure... looks like the door handle/lock mechanism is "interactable"

if you will, and it certainly doesnt look like most of the other door handles

I tried this on Solo too, but I've only complete Richtofens side, nothing happens. So it must only happen on Maxis side. Interesting.

But as to why just the Laundry Matt Door is a big mystery. That door is just one of a few that look so out of place, they look similar to the Power Door in the area.

You know, I really don't want to do it but if anyone wants to play tonight and complete Maxis side, Give me a Invite on Xbox Live. My Account Name is the Same as this one.

Probably can do it with just two as Spiderbyte mentioned in his video.

I replicated it myself! So its definitely confirmed. Just note, you DO need the EE done. I'm not sure if you have to have Maxis's side done, but I had his side done.

I tried doing it before I had the easter egg done, nothing worked. Tried it after I did Maxis's side, and voila! It works. I just have to unload a clip or two into the laundromat's door handle and the orange beams will kind of appear randomly.

Oh! You also need the power on.

Has anyone tried hitting it with Galvaknuckles? seeing how it powers the drawer to share points it could do something else???

I will try it on the game I am in. Also going to try powering the door while the beam is showing. Kind of want to try EMP grenades also if I get lucky on the box.

Tried it. Works on Richtofens side too. Tried a EMP, don't really know for sure if its does anything. Its one random arc of light, that's for sure. I could of swore that one time I did it, the light went toward the Power Station not the Tower.

Unloaded a whole clip of the Ray Gun into it. If I didn't sa any better, I'd think the Arc of Light got brighter.

One thing I haven't thought of untill just now was. Can the Arc be seen from the Tower?

Get a second player, have him stand under the Tower and just Unload on the Door.

Guys I've more observations:

Apparently only players that have done the tower of babble can see it
    The beam of light switches from ground level to first level of bank
    Beam also appears to go straight through the laundrette
    I can get the beam to appear when I stand on the broken glass in front of the laundrette
    I've seen the beam going past pylon to something else
    I've also seen it going in completely different directions (maybe power room and Nacht)
    There is broken glass in certain parts of the map
    The loading screen has broken glass in the the top right corner

I spent all last night trying to uncover more.

How many directions does it go in or is it totally random because it could be point out key locations for a team of 4 players. Op did you find out where any of the beams ended

I'm thinking the same thing.

The directions change, alternating between ground and first level of bank, laundrette room and different directions from pylon itself.

I think the beam to the ground level of bank ends at bookshelf (maybe even a particular book) and also there is glass there again.

The beam through laundrette ends outside the window beside the alley where the ground is raised.

I definitely think its pointing out locations for players to do something.

The beam to the upper level of bank goes beyond bridge, I ran across bridge and scoured the place but didn't really find anything except cars.

The beam from behind pylon may go to Nachter/Farm/Diner or maybe another pylon, not sure?

I was able to stand on glass outside laundrette and reproduce the beam but maybe its an angle related thing???