Grief Mode General Discussion/FAQ/Directory

Triple Ex

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Grief, it has quickly become one of my favorite gamemodes. Shorter games and competitive nature while still having the co-op factor makes it great!

One example of the teamwork and competitive nature of the game is:

Me and my friend were playing grief on town the other day. Neither of us had a down and our teammates had backed out somewhere on the way to round 20.

The opposing team had been doing alright one guy also had 0 downs was mostly carrying as his teammates had started going down a lot.

Well anyways my friend had to go so we knew we had to do something quick. Their good player decided to go camp near the hole in the wall in jugg building. We came up with a plan. My friend gathered a hoard in the bar and once complete brought it directly below the hole in the wall. I ran up and knifed him through the hole. He fell and got downed. We won. It was fun :twisted: .

I literally explained what tainting is in this thread halfway down the first page.

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

I'm just joking! :mrgreen: I find it wierd that they chose to call it tainting. Everything else had such a non-literal, creative meaning, whereas this is straight forward. They should have called it... Oh, I don't know, how about... B.O. Aka biohazardous odor? Or anything else. I can't think of any more now. Any ideas people? I'm just bored and looking for something to get people thinking creatively,

I love grief. Specifically on Town because of the PaP.

Some notes:

- For those that don't know, throwing grenades at the mystery box works great. When an enemy is using it and the guns are cycling through, throw your grenades just near the box. The enemy won't be able to pick up the gun, all the enemy will see on his/her screen is "Press X to throw back grenade". They actually can't pick up the gun. As long as you keep throwing grenades, the option to pick up the weapon won't appear :lol:

- You can knife players of ledges, causing them to fall down. A great strategy (on town) is to throw a monkey bomb right under the hole in the quick revive building (second story). Since an enemy player will notice this, he'll be right near the ledge, shooting directing below at the zombies grouped up. Just knife the unsuspecting player and he'll fall down into the massive group of zombies, heh.

- Make sure you pick up the power ups right away, even if you should reload (if there is a max ammo), if the enemy team picks it up, you won't have it at all. All power up effects don't do anything if the enemy team picks it up.

- This is risky and sort of a jerky strategy, but throw an EMP grenade at Jugs. This will cause the enemies (and your team) to loose it. The thing is, there is no warning other than the perk icon becoming a darker color. The effect is so minimal that the enemy team will most likely not notice it and eventually go down since they are playing thinking they have Jug.

- Make sure to use the 'meat' on an enemy player, specifically on one is downed or a player who may be attempting to revive someone. Using it on Jugs after someone has downed could be effective, since they are trying to get Jugs back and can't with all the Zombies in the area.

- Finally, some more obvious tactics: Throw EMP grenades at the enemies mystery box turn. Throw EMP grenades at the PaP when an enemy is using it. Throw Monkey Bombs at a downed player. Shoot players when they are near a big group of Zombies to slow them down. Knife players to cancel their revive. Stand infront of doors to block the enemy from entering. There are some more obvious ones, but you'll most likely come accross them anyway from general play.

I wish there were a lot more trolling mechanics involved with Grief mode. I would have loved to see opening and closing doors, activating traps on other players, stealing points or ammo, doubling zombies health for other players, crazy and fun banter from the characters!

The last suggestion is something that I really wanted in both Grief and Survival. I found it stupid how the CIA and CDC characters are all the same skin and have no quotes to their name. Without TranZit, Zombies would be the most quiet and dull game ever...

The only reason Grief mode is hilarious is because of your own friends (if you play with any) and Rictofen.

• Moderators

I wish there were a lot more trolling mechanics involved with Grief mode. I would have loved to see opening and closing doors, activating traps on other players, stealing points or ammo, doubling zombies health for other players, crazy and fun banter from the characters!

The last suggestion is something that I really wanted in both Grief and Survival. I found it stupid how the CIA and CDC characters are all the same skin and have no quotes to their name. Without TranZit, Zombies would be the most quiet and dull game ever...

The only reason Grief mode is hilarious is because of your own friends (if you play with any) and Rictofen.

I agree.

There could have been some pretty funny qoutes for grief.

Funny quotes for Grief:

"Strange voices in my head telling me to kill people I once knew? WORTH IT!!!"

"This Maxis guy is a trip...Wonder why the hell us CIA folk kept him a secret..."

"The CDC knew about zombies and said nothing!?! Is that why we wear this yellow suits of shit?"

"Damnit...The CIA STOLE MY DROP!"

"Oooh...A slab of meat! Let's make it stinky in here!"

"Open the door, close the door. Hahahaha I love it!"

As you can see, just these quotes alone would be more interesting to hear than just zombies moaning and Rictofen yelling at you. :roll:

So since we're talking about Grief...anyone know what a taint is?

Edit: I was too slow answering, sorry...

Yup, but I assume that you mean it in relation to bo2...

Iirc, it is when you hit an enemy with the rotten meat thingy. They get tainted and have a green fog on them that is zombie-nip; the zombies go for that player. Grief mode only.

I agree.

There could have been some pretty funny qoutes for grief.

"You've been REDACTED!" - CIA Agent #3 :P

So the last week has been non-stop Farm Grief mode for me. No Campaign, Multiplayer, Tranzit, or even Town Grief. I've been getting pretty decent and am almost always the one with the most kills, most revives, most headshots, highest score, and least amount downs.

That being said, I can't get past wave 13 (most games end by 11-13). Even if my team WINS, it's still sad. I put in all this time and effort into getting all the perks and a badass setup from the mystery box, and then all the enemies go down, my team cleans up and it's over. I even go out of my way to help the other team when they're reviving a teammate, don't knock enemies over ledges, I don't screw with EMPs or when they're using the mystery box, and try my best not to block doorways. Even so, round 13 is the highest I've ever seen. I only have 2 friends that like to play Grief with me, so getting a full party of 8 is out of the question, but would anyone here like to play with us?