Another Rank predicting thread/theory

way2g00d

Ok, here is some info - I haven't missed a day of playing at least two games a day, since I got the game. Today I got on and I lost a hash mark. ?@?!? The only thing that happened prior , was my son played 2 horrible games , which is unlike him , since I would put him up against anyone his own age - 5 anyday for money , he would kill hard. But anyway , I went from 5 slashes to 4 slashes , and I played every single day. I also lost my blue eyes in the same process. I have since regained both back to my original point from yesterday.

Is it possible it would matter when they count as " a day " 24 hours or a calender day ? Either way I had both covered.

Also - I lost all my "Earnable Abilities " today just as many others have. I think it was some kind of reset for the new month. Being that it is 12/1 , just some food for thought.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just after losing my blue eyes on my skull with shotguns. we were playing tranzit and 1 guy got disconnected on round 3 so we all quit and that's when i noticed that my blue eyes were gone and i had gone down a tally mark to four. I think this might prove that tallies are not based on days played in a row?
Just after getting my Blue eyes back. All i had to do was play a game of survival on town. Only got to round 15 but had 10 revives and 1 down. 177 kills/ 120 headshots.

Its my belief the ranks are a hardlined average of leaderboard ranks. All leaderboard ranks you have are pooled for an average overall rank. From here they group each rank in empiracal format, like 1-15000 is top rank, each subsequent rank is less and a larger number. Explains why even in low rounds people rank up, as 30-50 kills could jump your kill rank 5000 places. If be willing to bet if everyone averaged there rank on the leaderboards you would see a trend. How maps not played factors in im really not sure, as averaging a 0 is not possible, maybe a round 1 is used. Other non leaderboard related factors could also be at play, regarding tallys and eyes.

Ok, I just uncovered a VERY interesting "theory" some eveidnece backs it up too!

I hae been wondering what 3Arc considers a "Day" well the community finally came up with an answer. And I will tell you why its important to know.

Let's say we believe its 7:00PM EstStdTime, which we do.

You wake up, goto school. Come home play till 6:00pm. Wakeup the next day , goto school, Come hoen, Do home work. Watch TV, then playat 7:30pm UH OH ! You missed a whole day, your gonna lose Rank! You Never played between 7:00pm the night before to 7:00pm today. WTF This is why I have de-Ranked and lost abilities, just has many others have. You will have to figure your time, from 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

• Moderators

Well I was level 5, then I stopped playing for a week or so. Have only played Town Surival since playing again. 3 days on the trot hitting level 28 solo and 30 odd with friends yet, no change in my emblem. Is it Tranzit specific?

No it is not.

Even custom games can have an effect on the rank. ;)

Well I was level 5, then I stopped playing for a week or so. Have only played Town Surival since playing again. 3 days on the trot hitting level 28 solo and 30 odd with friends yet, no change in my emblem. Is it Tranzit specific?

No it is not.

Even custom games can have an effect on the rank. ;)

Yup, I ranked up from Skull 4 tally's to Skull Blue Eyes 5 Tally's on bus depot survival yesterday.

K/D is very much a possibility. I have lot of downs because I played ton of tranzit and Grief. But I also have good amount of kills. It would be great if every one lists their Kills and downs now. Thanks :)

Kills: 8804

Downs: 224

Deaths: 147

skull emblem.

that is a roudn a 40 k/d ratio, I keep hering you need like a 60+ for next level , then 100+ for the following . This would be horrible for the players who have a bad k/d then want to ttry and rank up, because you have a steep hill to climb now.

For instance you would need about 5000 more kills with practically no downs, to "Rank up"

K/D is very much a possibility. I have lot of downs because I played ton of tranzit and Grief. But I also have good amount of kills. It would be great if every one lists their Kills and downs now. Thanks :)

Kills: 8804

Downs: 224

Deaths: 147

skull emblem.

that is a roudn a 40 k/d ratio, I keep hering you need like a 60+ for next level , then 100+ for the following . This would be horrible for the players who have a bad k/d then want to ttry and rank up, because you have a steep hill to climb now.

For instance you would need about 5000 more kills with practically no downs, to "Rank up"

So if i were to play say 7/8 games of surivival hit a 1000 each time and go down just once at the end i would rank up, easily done.

What about if i hit a thousand, dont go down, then quit. and repeat would that work?!?

My favorite theory (which makes a lot of sense IMO) is that it takes the X number of best rounds and averages them out. So lets say you have been over round 20 X times, then you have a skull, when you have been over round 30 X times then you have a knife, etc..... and maybe the "X" requirements vary depending on solo, 2 player, 4 players. I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass but I think this is the most fair and practical way for the ranking system to work! Obviously this does not pertain to tally marks/Blue eyes. Objections?

My favorite theory (which makes a lot of sense IMO) is that it takes the X number of best rounds and averages them out. So lets say you have been over round 20 X times, then you have a skull, when you have been over round 30 X times then you have a knife, etc..... and maybe the "X" requirements vary depending on solo, 2 player, 4 players. I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass but I think this is the most fair and practical way for the ranking system to work! Obviously this does not pertain to tally marks/Blue eyes. Objections?

That is very close to my theory then. :)

So if i were to play say 7/8 games of surivival hit a 1000 each time and go down just once at the end i would rank up, easily done.

What about if i hit a thousand, dont go down, then quit. and repeat would that work?!?

According to some people's theories - YES And to make it worse, they are Exiting out of the game completely if they go down before they wanted to. Just to get that K/D Ratio. It would be a Flawed way of ranking to say the least. It would not award high rounds at all. only k/d ratio. This is the most talked about theory right now though. I hope its not true. I hope its more complicated then that.

Hey Way, (I don't think I've posted in here yet?)

Have you played everyday since release Way?

I hadn't played in three days, played my first 4 or 5 games of Nuketown Co-op ever (3 games in low 20s) = No level up to skull.

Played next game in TranZit Green Run Solo (same day), (messing around setting up my capture Card) downed at the start of round 2 & got Blue Eyes??? Maybe I needed those 5 or 6 kills to Rank up?

Next day, didn't play but watched theatre mode & after exiting theatre I lost my blue eyes?

This was all before that update so this maybe Disinformation?

Unless the game got 'Bumped' with that update last week, does everything reset if you don't play consecutive days?

IE - Ranking, Earnable Perks, Tower of Babble Table save point?

Nope :D

Pretty much.

I hadn't played in three days, played my first 4 or 5 games of Nuketown Co-op ever (3 games in low 20s) = No level up to skull.

Played next game in TranZit Green Run Solo (same day), (messing around setting up my capture Card) downed at the start of round 2 & got Blue Eyes??? Maybe I needed those 5 or 6 kills to Rank up?

Lol its messed up dude. :D

Next day, didn't play but watched theatre mode & after exiting theatre I lost my blue eyes?

Again, its messed up :)

This was all before that update so this maybe Disinformation?

Unless the game got 'Bumped' with that update last week, does everything reset if you don't play consecutive days?

I don't think it resets, you just lose tallies/ Blue eyes.

No

This was all before that update so this maybe Disinformation

Unless the game got 'Bumped' with that update last week, does everything reset if you don't play consecutive days?t

Pinnaz, what you said about getting your blue eyes , omg. I've posted the exact scenario in another Thread. That is what happened to me I had a horrible game , went down on early round, didn't make it past round 8. And Boom , had the blue eyes. I feel like its directly related to your downs maybe ? I have heard similar stories about the "Blue Eyes "

I have 39639 kills, 186 deaths, and 353 downs. (Skull w/ Knife- Blue eyes w/ 5 tallies)

Kill/Downs= 213.11 112.29

Kill/Death= 112.29 213.11

EDIT: Yeah my bad, I wrote them down then got them mixed up.

(I hope this info can help in any way)

Also I'm pretty sure tallies aren't based on activity. I lost a tally a week and a half ago and have been playing every day since and just got the tally back.

I have 39639 kills, 186 deaths, and 353 downs. (Skull w/ Knife- Blue eyes w/ 5 tallies)

Kill/Downs= 213.11

Kill/Death= 112.29

(I hope this info can help in any way)

Also I'm pretty sure tallies aren't based on activity. I lost a tally a week and a half ago and have been playing every day since and just got the tally back.

Just wanted to point out in case Way is tracking this information that your kill/death and kill/downs are reversed.

k/death = 213.11

k/down = 112.29