Permanent Earnable Perks Proof and how to unlock them

blackfire561

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a nice discussion you guys have going on here. I got here looking to see if anyone found something on this rumored Perma-PHD. I read this entire thread and here are my thoughts:

Steel Barriers (or Barric-Aid), Stamin-Up, and Quick Revive DOES exist. My friend and I noticed them before we even knew what Perma-Perks were and we thought we were crazy. Steel Barriers look like wooden barriers encased in a metal "sleeve". You can lose them because I had them for a while for every game, and I don't have them anymore. I'm guessing you have to keep doing the thing you did to earn them to keep them because I don't rebuild barriers anymore. I hear you have to rebuild 100 barriers in one game to get it. My friend was doing it when I found out about it so I'm not sure. Anywho, Quick Revive will show "Reviving" in blue letters if you have it. I hear you have to revive someone 14-17 times in one game to get it. I haven't confirmed it. Stamin-Up you can run a bit longer than regular, but not as long as Stamin-Up. I'm not sure how I got it, but I've read rumors of it having something to do with Total Miles ran or how many miles you ran in a single game. I attempted the Easter Egg multiple times before I completed it, so most likely I got it then.

Deadshot thingy is a mystery. Because it's not exactly like Deadshot Daquiri. I've tried getting it with a Python and I'm POSITIVE I shot off two zombie heads with one bullet multiple times before. But, when I was using a M16, I saw a green "splash" and I've read that means you got it. I've also seen it more than one time in one match. I've tested it and my results were on round 1 it too less headshots to kill the zombie on Tranzit than it did on round 1 on Survival. I knew I had it because when I knifed a zombie, it's head popped off. So I'm not so sure what's the deal with that one.

I'll try the 100-200 grenade kills again and see if it works for the Perma-PHD. I've done it before, but I was only going for 100. And that is all.

Fire Resistance Permaperk

5XgrT7n7YNw

Even though it doesn't make sense, I'm sure that's happening because of Stamin-Up. A friend pointed it out to me and I tried it and it prolongs showing you getting burned. It still burns you though because my screen was red when I stood a little longer. I'm sure if he stood there for a while he would die. My data may be skewed because I had Jugger-Nog but I'll test it again by taking out the other variables.

It would be nice if Perma-Jug stopped you from getting burned! PHD should just stop all explosive damage.

Hey, I was reading through this forum and decided to join since the content seems to be the best around. Excellent community you guys have here! The main reason I really wanted to join and comment was to get peoples opinions on this video regarding the jugg perma perk... I'm not really sure what to think about it seems to be a valid video and kid admits it actually went away after the game ended but he does show that he goes down... gets revived and jugg never went away, also shows the exact moment he acquires the jugg and you can see he didnt drink anything etc.... im not sure what to think, opinions appreciated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8GvFjfeq5A&feature=share&list=PLbRkvrP9y0Dbku_RAu_2Pcac-9X0F-Sui

Regarding this, I've seen it happen but I don't think it was Perma-Jug. I'm pretty sure it has to do with being dead when the power is off. We noticed it in-game and I remember I was at the Diner when Jug popped up on my screen and I never went past the Diner. It may be a glitch or it may be that way to make sure other characters aren't screwing other characters over by getting them killed while the power is off by giving them Jug when they get back up. But I think the power has to be on before or after they come back alive. We've been trying to recreate it, but to no avail. Tell me if you figure out how!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but although what I have to say might be significant, I don't have any solid proof (yet).

Anyways... um... weapon proficiencies?!

I don't know about anyone else, but any time I have re-gained the barricade power-up, I have not gotten the green sparks. Instead, I get this loud kind of thump sound. However, when I re-gain the head popper I have always gotten the sparks... and it has always been while firing at the zombies' heads.

So I'm in a solo game right now. I got my upgraded RPD out of the fridge on round 6, got the Executioner and upgraded that also, and started running the farm. Now, throughout this game I have lost and re-gained the head popper a bunch of times. I'll hear the sound indicating that I've lost it when shooting a zombie in the chest or meleeing, then get the green sparks while firing at their heads.

Suddenly, towards the end of round 36 (after using only these two guns, doing most of the killing with the upgraded RPD) I fire my RPD into a group of zombies, and I stop shooting and am walking around while they drop... and I hear that thumping sound I hear when I re-gain the barricade upgrade. Samuel says his "I knew it was there all along" line, and I'm thinking "Odd... I thought I had the head popper. And that was the thump instead of the sparks? I haven't repaired a window in 20 rounds."

Now any zombies I shoot with the upgraded RPD on round 37 are dropping in just a few shots. At first I thought maybe it was because they were zombies I had already damaged, but the very first group I shot at in round 37 went down like it was round 17. I just can't explain it. I was just thinking on round 35 about how I would probably have to get a raygun or something because I was going through ammo too fast... now it's hardly taking anything. But my upgraded Executioner (which is a one-hit kill until around 30) is taking 4 or 5 shots still. Has anyone else played with the same guns for 30 rounds and experienced anything like this?

Again, I have no proof. I know this community is full of lies and hoaxes and we don't need more. I'm even doubting it myself, but I just know they're dying much easier and faster than they were a round or two ago. And then I'm thinking about the guy who posted that he talked to Activision customer support, and they said there were challenges like "Use the same gun for 15 rounds".

I'm still playing this game, but IF it shows up in my theater (seems long games usually don't for me) I will post a video and you can judge for yourselves.

And of course it didn't show up in my theater. Round 40 I finally ran out of ammo for the RPD and had to use the Voice of Justice. Heard the "loss of an upgrade sound" even though the zombie heads were still popping... so whatever I got, I probably lost. Died on 41 without ever getting a max ammo. I'll keep looking into this.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but although what I have to say might be significant, I don't have any solid proof (yet).

I don't know about anyone else, but any time I have re-gained the barricade power-up, I have not gotten the green sparks. Instead, I get this loud kind of thump sound. However, when I re-gain the head popper I have always gotten the sparks... and it has always been while firing at the zombies' heads.

So I'm in a solo game right now. I got my upgraded RPD out of the fridge on round 6, got the Executioner and upgraded that also, and started running the farm. Now, throughout this game I have lost and re-gained the head popper a bunch of times. I'll hear the sound indicating that I've lost it when shooting a zombie in the chest or meleeing, then get the green sparks while firing at their heads.

Suddenly, towards the end of round 36 (after using only these two guns, doing most of the killing with the upgraded RPD) I fire my RPD into a group of zombies, and I stop shooting and am walking around while they drop... and I hear that thumping sound I hear when I re-gain the barricade upgrade. Samuel says his "I knew it was there all along" line, and I'm thinking "Odd... I thought I had the head popper. And that was the thump instead of the sparks? I haven't repaired a window in 20 rounds."

Now any zombies I shoot with the upgraded RPD on round 37 are dropping in just a few shots. At first I thought maybe it was because they were zombies I had already damaged, but the very first group I shot at in round 37 went down like it was round 17. I just can't explain it. I was just thinking on round 35 about how I would probably have to get a raygun or something because I was going through ammo too fast... now it's hardly taking anything. But my upgraded Executioner (which is a one-hit kill until around 30) is taking 4 or 5 shots still. Has anyone else played with the same guns for 30 rounds and experienced anything like this?

Again, I have no proof. I know this community is full of lies and hoaxes and we don't need more. I'm even doubting it myself, but I just know they're dying much easier and faster than they were a round or two ago. And then I'm thinking about the guy who posted that he talked to Activision customer support, and they said there were challenges like "Use the same gun for 15 rounds".

I'm still playing this game, but IF it shows up in my theater (seems long games usually don't for me) I will post a video and you can judge for yourselves.

Since this sounded quite plausible (well-written post by the way), I decided to test it out with some friends.

There were three of us in the game, and I decided to pick up the MP5K on Round 1 and exclusively use it for the rest of the game (not even PaP it, just in case that counted as a different weapon).

I picked up Double Tap and had the Headshot Popper (non)permanent perk, and kept them for the entire game - This acted as my baseline for damage.

By Round 18 something interesting happened! On Round 17 it took me 3 bullets to the head with the MP5K + Headshot Popper + Double Tap. On Round 18 it started taking me only 1 (ONE!) headshot to kill the zombies with the MP5K. I didn't notice any orb or hear any sound (I've never noticed a sound when receiving the permanent perks, only when losing them), but I'm convinced this is the exact permanent perk the good sir above was refering to!

We continued playing until Round 28 and I retained this perk the entire game. I did keep almost exclusively using the MP5K the whole time though so I don't know how long using another weapon would cause you to lose it again, although I would assume that you could not activate this perk on another gun without losing it on the current one.

Some observations regarding the perk:

- I started using the MP5K at round 1 and used it exclusively (apart from meleeing denizens and about 2 zombies), and I had the perk by Round 18. This might mean that you need to use a weapon exclusively for 17 rounds (matches with 17 revives for Fast Revive perk....hmmm....coincidence? I think not)

- I decided to upgrade the MP5K on Round 26, and the upgraded version still had the bonus! This leads me to believe that it still counts as the same gun when upgraded. So you could probably do 17 rounds as a combo of the regular and upgraded version of the gun to receive the perk.

- As an indicator that you have the perk (apart from the obvious damage boost), when you remove a limb from a zombie (or pop their heads off), it makes a more *crunchy* sound than normal. Kinda hard to explain this one, but the limb removal noise is definitely different. It's like bones are snapping more or something.

- The perk only applies to the gun you were using when you gained it; I also had a HAMR but it did not have the damage bonus (and didn't make the *crunchier* limb removal noise)

Finally, huge congrats to the guy above for finding this! At last, a proven 4th (non)permanent perk!

P.S. I would have analysed this further, and checked for noises/orbs etc but when I try to play my recent game in Theater it gives me "You have selected an invalid film or clip". Typical..

P.P.S Ah ha! I know exactly what it is!!! I decided to load up a new game solo to check that I still had it, which I did. I then realised that body shots weren't doing extra damage (I generally go for headshots only) and it dawned on me. This perk makes you do extra LIMB damage! This explains why headshots were doing more damage, as well as arms coming off easier, as well as the extra crunchy noise whenever limbs were being removed. So there you have it chaps, an extra limb damage perk for your chosen gun. This makes me think that it might not simply be about using the same gun for a number of rounds, but instead getting a certain number of limb removals with a gun (bearing that in mind, I had about 300 headshots by round 18 if that ends up being helpful, but you'd have to account for extra limb removals from arms and stuff too of course).

Since this sounded quite plausible (well-written post by the way), I decided to test it out with some friends.

There were three of us in the game, and I decided to pick up the MP5K on Round 1 and exclusively use it for the rest of the game (not even PaP it, just in case that counted as a different weapon).

I picked up Double Tap and had the Headshot Popper (non)permanent perk, and kept them for the entire game - This acted as my baseline for damage.

By Round 18 something interesting happened! On Round 17 it took me 3 bullets to the head with the MP5K + Headshot Popper + Double Tap. On Round 18 it started taking me only 1 (ONE!) headshot to kill the zombies with the MP5K. I didn't notice any orb or hear any sound (I've never noticed a sound when receiving the permanent perks, only when losing them), but I'm convinced this is the exact permanent perk the good sir above was refering to!

We continued playing until Round 28 and I retained this perk the entire game. I did keep almost exclusively using the MP5K the whole time though so I don't know how long using another weapon would cause you to lose it again, although I would assume that you could not activate this perk on another gun without losing it on the current one.

- I started using the MP5K at round 1 and used it exclusively (apart from meleeing denizens and about 2 zombies), and I had the perk by Round 18. This might mean that you need to use a weapon exclusively for 17 rounds (matches with 17 revives for Fast Revive perk....hmmm....coincidence? I think not)

- I decided to upgrade the MP5K on Round 26, and the upgraded version still had the bonus! This leads me to believe that it still counts as the same gun when upgraded. So you could probably do 17 rounds as a combo of the regular and upgraded version of the gun to receive the perk.

- As an indicator that you have the perk (apart from the obvious damage boost), when you remove a limb from a zombie (or pop their heads off), it makes a more *crunchy* sound than normal. Kinda hard to explain this one, but the limb removal noise is definitely different. It's like bones are snapping more or something.

- The perk only applies to the gun you were using when you gained it; I also had a HAMR but it did not have the damage bonus (and didn't make the *crunchier* limb removal noise)

Finally, huge congrats to the guy above for finding this! At last, a proven 4th (non)permanent perk!

P.S. I would have analysed this further, and checked for noises/orbs etc but when I try to play my recent game in Theater it gives me "You have selected an invalid film or clip". Typical..

P.P.S Ah ha! I know exactly what it is!!! I decided to load up a new game solo to check that I still had it, which I did. I then realised that body shots weren't doing extra damage (I generally go for headshots only) and it dawned on me. This perk makes you do extra LIMB damage! This explains why headshots were doing more damage, as well as arms coming off easier, as well as the extra crunchy noise whenever limbs were being removed. So there you have it chaps, an extra limb damage perk for your chosen gun. This makes me think that it might not simply be about using the same gun for a number of rounds, but instead getting a certain number of limb removals with a gun (bearing that in mind, I had about 300 headshots by round 18 if that ends up being helpful, but you'd have to account for extra limb removals from arms and stuff too of course).

Thisis wild - today I did the saem thing , MP5 for about 20 rounds with dbltap. firing into a crownd torso level and got a green poof, then i noticed an improved damage, its was about round 12. I would agree with this theory, especially since it is tracked in the leaderboards just liek headshots, and revives. - Gibs

'

Okay I'm just jumping into this and I haven't read through every post in this thread but anyways.. as far as I know the three "special powers" (only available in transit obviously) or unlockable perks, or whatever you want to call it are: perma-quick revive, bars instead of wood for widow building, and something similar to dead-shot.

Perma-quick revive: you can get this by picking someone up repeatedly I've heard as much as 15 times or something. The first time I found out my friend intentionally went down so I could get it and it only took 4 tries (good guy), same deal with the green puff. Since then I've lost it once, since at the time we were still in the tombstone phase and turns out if you don't use it, you lose it. As a side note if you don't want to compromise your stats, I've found that you can just join the game with a second controller on a guest account so that no one is sacrificing downs. Haven't lost it since I got it back the second time because now I rarely let anyone die out without reviving in transit.

Bars: Unlocked by boarding x amount of boards in a game. I've heard 500. Will go away if you get carpenters or don't board the windows over a certain period of time. Zombies take longer to pull them off the window so they're definitely helpful.

Dead-shot: Unlocked by getting either a total amount of headshots, or by shooting 3 guys in the head at the same time, the latter is more likely. I seem to get this sooooooo much, like over and over again when I use the python/cobra which is pretty often. Goes away when I use my raygun, comes back when I use the python and line up 3 heads. Once it's on, I'll shoot them in the chest/foot and it will still blow their head off, but does NOT count as a headshot UNLESS your actually pointing at their head. Seems like when its on the headshot box (i.e. area in which a head shot registers) is bigger.

Pretty confident about all of these..

Okay I'm just jumping into this and I haven't read through every post in this thread but anyways.. as far as I know the three "special powers" (only available in transit obviously) or unlockable perks, or whatever you want to call it are: perma-quick revive, bars instead of wood for widow building, and something similar to dead-shot.

Perma-quick revive: you can get this by picking someone up repeatedly I've heard as much as 15 times or something. The first time I found out my friend intentionally went down so I could get it and it only took 4 tries (good guy), same deal with the green puff. Since then I've lost it once, since at the time we were still in the tombstone phase and turns out if you don't use it, you lose it. As a side note if you don't want to compromise your stats, I've found that you can just join the game with a second controller on a guest account so that no one is sacrificing downs. Haven't lost it since I got it back the second time because now I rarely let anyone die out without reviving in transit. Definitely carries from game to game.

Bars: Unlocked by boarding x amount of boards in a game. I've heard 500. Will go away if you get carpenters or don't board the windows over a certain period of time. Zombies take longer to pull them off the window so they're definitely helpful. Comes and goes on and off all game, but I'm not a big window boarder myself, I imagine if you are you probably keep them all game but I don't think they carry to the next. Maybe someone can confirm/deny since as I mentioned I'm not hardcore with the windows.

Dead-shot: Unlocked by getting either a total amount of headshots, or by shooting 3 guys in the head at the same time, the latter is more likely. I seem to get this sooooooo much, like over and over again when I use the python/cobra which is pretty often. Goes away when I use my raygun, comes back when I use the python and line up 3 heads. Once it's on, I'll shoot them in the chest/foot and it will still blow their head off, but does NOT count as a headshot UNLESS your actually pointing at their head. Seems like when its on the headshot box (i.e. area in which a head shot registers) is bigger. Don't think this carries from game to game but typically I'm in the late rounds using a ray when the game ends so tough to say.

Pretty confident about all of these..

None of them are permanent, you can lose them all. Unfortunately Flopper is a myth. It is, however, available for purchase at the train station. The trick is, you can't travel alternate routes with 4 perks if you want it. Videos of everything on the way.

Wish I knew where the train station was...

None of them are permanent, you can lose them all. Unfortunately Flopper is a myth. It is, however, available for purchase at the train station. The trick is, you can't travel alternate routes with 4 perks if you want it. Videos of everything on the way.

Wish I knew where the train station was...

You do, I'm sure of it. Look around, the clues are there.

Thanks so much for verifying this, and also for proving to me that I'm not crazy! When it first happened, as I said... I didn't get the green sparks (or whatever you want to call them) it was more of a bassy kind of "thump" sound effect. Nothing visual. It really interested me because I had never heard that outside of re-acquiring the barricade upgrade. Then I started to fire on my last group of zombies (as you said... in the head like I always do) and they went down in an instant. I even looked to see if maybe I had picked up and insta-kill and didn't realize it. This was round 36... there's no way they should go down that quick. I brushed it off as "Well, it was the last group... maybe I had already put some shots into them"... but then round 37 started, and a fresh group of zombies. I turned around, opened fire, and they dropped with just a few shots. I think I even said aloud, to myself, "There's no way they should be dying that fast..."

I kept telling myself I must be imagining things, but I played the hell out of Black Ops zombies, and I know how the zombie health really starts getting ridiculous when you get to round 40. Yet it was still only taking a few headshots to kill them.

I was really hoping the game would show up in my theater so I could post it and have everyone tell me what they think, but there must be some limit on game length for theater, because any time I run high rounds it doesn't show up for me.

So, yeah... again, thanks for confirming it. Like I said, it took me 30 rounds before I got the sound and noticed a difference... but I also wasn't using the "Relativistic Punishment Device" exclusively. I was using the "Voice of Justice" at least a few times every round. So that could be exactly why you got it so much sooner.

Awesome.

Can you give more detail about this? By "Train Station" I assume you mean the broken trains you see when traveling from the Corn Field to the Power, and from the Power to the Town. "you can't travel alternate routes with 4 perks" What does that mean? And I haven't seen a PHD machine anywhere over there and I've searched over there A LOT because I thought there were weird and out of place.

Thisis wild - today I did the saem thing , MP5 for about 20 rounds with dbltap. firing into a crownd torso level and got a green poof, then i noticed an improved damage, its was about round 12. I would agree with this theory, especially since it is tracked in the leaderboards just liek headshots, and revives. - Gibs

'

Going to prove or disprove this right know, seems very legit. Will have video footage!

The 'perma' perks are not permanent.

The QR perk can be lost by going down to many times in a round, the same way its won.

The Barric 'aid' (LOL) can be lost by not boarding windows.. The reverse of earning it.

Not sure, but I would guess by not getting headshots (IE aiming for head) you can lost the Deadshot perk.

Spider from NGT I think has confirmed this or atleast some of this

PHD Flopper doesnt exist on TranZit. Unless you have a video to prove otherwise I can't believe you.

I'm subscribing to this theory, was doing the tunnel M16 train method today and noticed it as I was running on a 100% profit method (no withdrawl from bank) got to to round 17 and started taking a few bursts to kill, then hit round 18 and all of a sudden I was back to 1 burt kills (unPaP'd).

I am believeing in the Redeadening.

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry is this been brought up. Nobody knows what or how could this permanent perk be..looks awesome though

I posted about this "flash" when the Zombs exploded before. I only have noticed it on Local Games, never Online. Which would mean its not an earnable, rather just a different explosion.

I'm subscribing to this theory, was doing the tunnel M16 train method today and noticed it as I was running on a 100% profit method (no withdrawl from bank) got to to round 17 and started taking a few bursts to kill, then hit round 18 and all of a sudden I was back to 1 burt kills (unPaP'd).

I am believeing in the Redeadening.

Did you see the green misty explosions? What part of the body were you shooting, headshots?