Permanent Earnable Perks Proof and how to unlock them

blackfire561

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this has got me thinking-

"It has become apparent to me that not all humans are created equal when it comes to surviving the current state of this world."- Maxis Diary Entry #8918

Is it possible that certain characters on Trait have different special abilities? I remember hearing Marlton always spouting off about how his inventions are better than everyone else's and Russman always claiming he was the best at something as well.

I now have all those useless abilities... So what?

For me it's just not something I really notice during the game - yeah, the boards are pretty cool but how many times someone else without this bonus repairs the windows not letting me access them? Try to explain this bonus to a random, unexperienced, noob player.

Quick Revive - as well, everyone runs up to someone who is down trying to help him. Telling somebody you have QR does not work all the time...

The Deadshot thingy - pretty useless and annoying, can't make the most points out of zombies at earlier rounds, unnoticeable at later rounds.

I just unlocked all 3 in one game, the boards will be in cased within a metal frame, the haedshot thing does make their heads exmplode, but increased headshot power, example, 3 Headshots normally to kill one round 1, with it its (with m911) 1 shot round 1, 2 shot round 2, 3 shots round 3,

revive is like 20% slower then quick revive.

Lets get the rest guys!

Ok, so I have been researching this Topic the past few days. All the post in this thread seem accurate, I have all three of these abilities.

Things I have tried to no avail -

Running 100 miles in one game.

2 Players both 100miles.

300+Grenade Kills one game.

Latest rumor - Run 1,500 Miles total something happens.

Only 3 players on Live have this many miles, I may mesage them asking if they noticed anything.

I've got the Overkill and the Quicker Revive upgrades, both with green orbs.

For the Steelboards, I played a game and just kept riding the bus with 1 zombie at the end of each round. I counted about 400 repairs total, but didn't unlock it.

I think that for a board repair to count, you have to be getting points from it.

Remember, for any of it to go twards these "earnables" you must bein Xbox Live Public or Solo (Custom may work) But, it cannotbe "Local"

The boards I had without even trying to get it, as most people do. If the Zombscant rip theboards you repaired off right away, andthey have to pull a couple times each plank , then you have it.

Actually, some boards ARE steel, some are wood with steel along the edges. But no, they're not all 100% steel boards.

I'm wondering if maybe you have to do it solo for it to save? Sounds weird, but I have it permanently and unlocked it in a solo game... my friend has unlocked it at least twice in custom co-op, and it hasn't saved yet for him. Or perhaps you need to be host? Not sure.

Actually, some boards ARE steel, some are wood with steel along the edges. But no, they're not all 100% steel boards.

I'm wondering if maybe you have to do it solo for it to save? Sounds weird, but I have it permanently and unlocked it in a solo game... my friend has unlocked it at least twice in custom co-op, and it hasn't saved yet for him. Or perhaps you need to be host? Not sure.

I don't play solo and I have all 3 unlocked.

Hey playing zombies and wanted to let y'all know when I was spraying a group with the RPD and one of the zombies exploded into green mist. It doesn't seem to make me reload faster and I'm going to test if it's a Juggernog thing soon. Any other test suggestions? I already have the headshot obtainable as well as the quicker revive. I don't have the board one but wasn't repairing windows.

i never play solo. I think in a two player custom game to around round 15 i had the steel board thing. They seemed to get more steel as i progressed with doing windows, ie wood with steel edge at first, but can now safely say they look completely steel. You cannot shoot through them and it makes a metallic ricochet sound. They are definitely steel (or some metallic material) for me.

I have to argue against the Perma-Deadshot. I have the effect where no matter how I kill a zombie (knife, shot to the chest etc.)his head explodes, but it takes the same amount of shots to kill, and it doesn't count as headshots. So I'm not sure what's going on there, but it doesn't seem to make a difference other than causing their heads to explode. At least for me. The other two I do have though. They're pretty awesome.

I dont really know about more damage, I have heard arguements for both sides. To me it seems to kill them faster with a headshot now than before.

On a lighter note, finding players unaware of that ability and they telling me:

" I get crazy headshots with this gun " Im like yo dude, your shooting their crotch and there head is popping off.

- I do feel however that my sprint duration seems longer without Stamin-up, I am going to have to try and time it vs non tranzit.