The EMP

• Administrators

First off, I'd like to thank Shooter, Monopoly Mac, and Rissole25 for allowing me to bounce ideas off of them and gather resources I wouldn't have been able to acquire. Without them, this thread would literally not be possible. For that, please give them a pat on the back as well.

In this thread, I say things in a confident manner not because I think it's fact, I only say it that way because it's what I believe and saying "I think" or "I believe" is redundant and pointless. Keep in mind that this is only a theory, you may draw your own conclusions and fine tune it how you like to fit your own beliefs of the storyline.

The 1960's arrived and the Cold War was at its peak. The United States and Russia had gathered intelligence from Der Riese almost two decades earlier and were still putting the things that they learned to work. As we start Nuketown, the nuke has just gone off.

The CIA and CDC are meandering Nuketown for whatever reason and they hear a voice... Where's it coming from? What's it saying? Who is it? They travel to the backyard and realize it's getting stronger, and head over to the fallout shelter. The more they listen, the voice begins to sound high pitched and almost... Nerdy? They don't know for sure who this man is, but we know him as Marlton. Well now that we know who it is and where it's coming from, what is he saying?

"No, my electronic devices... Ruined!!" - Marlton

EMP

My original theory here was that Element 115 in the nuke was the source of the EMP, as it has electrical properties and could easily disrupt something else with electronics. However, looking into it further, I realized that nukes in general cause an EMP when they send out particles, so the 115 part became basically useless as on could not discern whether it was the nuke, 115, or both that caused the EMP.

Given the quote above that is one of the easier quotes to script, I'd say there was an EMP. Anyone ever taken the time to look at Marlton's watch? Well if you do, you'll see that it's stuck on a time. 19:04'38 specifically. Why else would his watch have been stopped if not for that being the time the nuke went off? That large of an explosion basically caused an EMP effect for the surrounding area when it detonated.

If you've played Nuketown Zombies before, you can hear a honking bus and many haven't been sure what to think of it. Well, we know that the bus manages to get around pretty easily since the bus company was established in New York, is licensed in Colorado, and seems to be picking up the characters along the way to take them to Washington, one of them being Marlton in Nevada. Where and why the other ones were picked up has yet to be determined, but we'll know eventually. :D

Thanks for reading guys, I'm still getting back into making full-scale theory threads, so if you have any comments don't hesitate to say them! Criticism is always welcome. :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm guessing the rockets for moon bust open the nuclear bunker letting marathon out, right?

I know that's been said by someone else first, but I guess if we can here Martin in the bunker it's very Likly the case.

I'm currently trying to work out the background of the bus but so far I think it is very off its usual course in TranZit, you have any ideas about the bus?

• Administrators

I don't know if it's significant but the clocks in the terminal I believe are stopped at 19:50 or so... that would put the EMP blast at the terminal almost 45 minutes later...

What does it all mean Bazzel?

Terminal? Do you mean Bus Depot?

This is a wonderful theory that could possibly offer a fresh spin on Tranzit. 4 interesting characters picked up by a cross country bus. I could warm up to the idea if more evidence presents itself. :D

IKR! Then for the final dlc, there's the all new giant map, as well as nuketown zombies and 3other "mini" maps that have little Easter eggs on where, misty, Samule, and russman came from! We are positive almost, that marelton was at nuketown.

I don't know if it's significant but the clocks in the terminal I believe are stopped at 19:50 or so... that would put the EMP blast at the terminal almost 45 minutes later...

What does it all mean Bazzel?

Terminal? Do you mean Bus Depot?

Yes sorry terminal = bus depot. I have found 3 clocks so at on tranzit. Two in the bus depot and one in the diner all stopped at 19:49. That's exactly 45 mins after marltons watched stopped. Remember woods comment in his video that marltons watch was significant? I think the current timeline And theory that nuketown is right near to tranzit will eventually need to be adjusted.

Personally I think the entire bus was teleported to the current location/time but I'm not good at writing theories so I'll leave it to you guys. Discrepancy with the clock times establishes different points along a timeline though.

The voice in the shelter is indeed Marlton.

If you want to hear it better while playing, turn the Music and SFX volume down while playing and leave voice volume maxed out. Wait until the end of the round and all the zombies are dead, then melee the shelter. Marlton's voice is very distinguisable. It was also confirmed when Marlton's quote video was released, and the quotes being said in the shelter can be found in his video.

Like Kill_All_Monkeys stated, it's possible Marlton was working ar Area 51 considering his engineering skills.

I'm very curious to know what he was doing in there.

Great work here Tac!

• Administrators

The voice in the shelter is indeed Marlton.

If you want to hear it better while playing, turn the Music and SFX volume down while playing and leave voice volume maxed out. Wait until the end of the round and all the zombies are dead, then melee the shelter. Marlton's voice is very distinguisable. It was also confirmed when Marlton's quote video was released, and the quotes being said in the shelter can be found in his video.

Like Kill_All_Monkeys stated, it's possible Marlton was working ar Area 51 considering his engineering skills.

I'm very curious to know what he was doing in there.

I originally had an idea that maybe he lived there, but then I realized it was a testing grounds haha. I can't help but think that maybe it was just the closest thing he could find when he realized a nuke was going off? Unlikely theory, but it's all I've got right now. Work at Black Friday is draining me xD

• 1 month later...

I know people say that, but people say a lot of things that aren't true. I want to know what kind of proof was clear enough to prompt Tac to make a thread based around it.

Get a pair of headphones, turn sound fx all the way down and turn voice volume all the way up, then go slash the bunker. Marlton is clearly heard.

• Administrators

How do you know he is STILL in the bunker? It might have been recorded audio?

Perhaps he never was there, perhaps it's a database to keep all info safe, playing audiofiles from richtofen and from marlton, from worldwide bases (explains the bus sound)?

Well the quotes by Richtofen aren't from the bunker I don't believe, they are coming through the power boxes on the sides of the house. I could be wrong, but I don't see them as being simple recordings that are there to fool us.

• Administrators

How do you know he is STILL in the bunker? It might have been recorded audio?

Perhaps he never was there, perhaps it's a database to keep all info safe, playing audiofiles from richtofen and from marlton, from worldwide bases (explains the bus sound)?

Had it been pre-recorded, the audio would loop continuously as you play Nuketown. But after a certain round (was it Round 5?), you cannot hear him anymore. That's directly after hearing the bus honk. This is the suspected moment in which he escapes from the bunker, hops onto the bus, and is next seen in Green Run.

As for Richtofen, the audio was actually being broadcasted live to signal to the players that the events in Nuketown were happening at the very same moment Richtofen begins to take control of the zombies on Moon. This explains why the zombies' eyes change to the color blue. It's too perfectly timed to be some kind of audio loop.