Written Guide to Tower of Babble EE - Updated for 2 players

way2g00d

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, dafuq? Can there at least be some like extra prop slot or some epic weapon waiting in the fridge for me at least?

Its not that hard to hit the box at diner before you get to farm. I always try and save good guns like HAMR and RPD in the fridge for later rounds and simply farm points in the beginning for Knuckles.

Well, dafuq? Can there at least be some like extra prop slot or some epic weapon waiting in the fridge for me at least?

Its not that hard to hit the box at diner before you get to farm. I always try and save good guns like HAMR and RPD in the fridge for later rounds and simple farm points in the beginning for Knuckles.

Hahaha.....

Or Farm points so you can chase the Mystery Box Around the Map, trying to get EMP's to complete the Acheivement!!!!!!

Its not that hard to hit the box at diner before you get to farm. I always try and save good guns like HAMR and RPD in the fridge for later rounds and simple farm points in the beginning for Knuckles.

Hahaha.....

Or Farm points so you can chase the Mystery Box Around the Map, trying to get EMP's to complete the Acheivement!!!!!!

OMG where is pon!! :)

Did Somebody say Obelisk?

The Egyptian obelisk was worshiped as the dwelling place of the sun-god

Let's not forget the Black Sun and this nice little Riddle we got from Treyarch a while ago.

From a part we may judge of the whole. MKULTRA. Bluebird. Artichoke. The past, the truth.

Blome Brought the evil. Someone hid it. God vs god. Believe in the Welteis and the

dead start walking. Power. German knowledge. Beware of the Black Sun.

Search the truth. It is still there. Son of the HUD. Four letters. Building

87. Clean the world in a manner which is honourable.

@ Way

Obelisk: In the hole in the wall at Bus Depot, next to Mystery Box. You MUST CROUCH DOWN to pick it up

The Obelisk is not the Purple Meteor/Rock.

The Obelisk is the 'Tower' When you fire the Air Canon at the Table, you are 'Heating up the Tower/Obelisk"

An obelisk "pointed pillar" is a tall, four-sided, narrow tapering monument which ends in a pyramid-like shape at the top, and is said to resemble a petrified ray of the sun-disk.

@ BlackOpsTiger

I liked the description of the quote above "petrified ray of the sun-disk" when I found that. I think there will be more about a sun disc

about the navicards. Ive noticed the same thing about having them on my screen and not any at all on other players screens that show to have one on my screen. What if there are multiple (4) cards scattered around the map? Or all 4 players must insert their navicards at the same time? There HAS to be a reason for these stupid little things...why else would they be important enough to pick up and display an icon on your screen?

Or maybe they will play an important role in future maps? Like moon...the golden rod was already in your inventory....

So I FINALLY convinced three other players to try for the Tower of Babble Achievement (Maxis Side)

I went a head of everyone, got the Power Turned on. Someone managed to get the EMP after two turns at the Box. We went back to the Bus Stop to get fresh turbines and thats when Avigodro appeared an attacked the Bus. Maxis instructed us to KILL IT, we had no choice since-against my wishes-we were at round seven. We got to the Tower and placed the turbines down and Maxis would repeat. "Yes, need more, perhaps living Power-Blah Blah.

Even with two turbines active, he's say the same thing.

So what I do wrong?

Just a thought... are we 100% sure that step 3 to Richtofen's side is necessary? Building the navcard reader is completely out of place in this EE. You turn on the power and he instructs you to build a Jet Gun. You build that, and he tells you to heat up the obelisk (use the Jet Gun underneath the tower). You do that, and he instructs you to kill zombies for 115. He doesn't mention building the reader until you get parts for it, right?

I don't remember him ever saying anything about building the navcard reader. Also, when you DO build the Navcard reader, he instructs you to find the "navcard thingy" but says nothing about using the Jet Gun to heat up the obelisk.

Perhaps that's why we can't get the navcards to work? Maybe the Navcard reader is not a part of this half of the EE, but we're supposed to build the reader/table after using the EMP grenades and getting the achievement?

To complete Maxis' acheivement, you Do Not have to build & collect the parts for the table.

That is only for Richtofen's steps.

It may be advisable to collect & build the table, build the Jet Gun & use it on the table prior to doing Maxis' side of the EE. (in the low rounds, get all players to go & collect separate parts in rounds 1-3 or so)

That way, once the table is complete & you use the jet gun, that creates a save point.

Doing so is only if you want to complete both sides of the EE.

The Tower looks pretty cool once you have done both side's. Red & Blue lights run up the tower & can be seen from nearly all parts of the map. (thanks to Way2g00 for showing me this)

To complete Maxis' acheivement, you Do Not have to build & collect the parts for the table.

That is only for Richtofen's steps.

It may be advisable to collect & build the table, build the Jet Gun & use it on the table prior to doing Maxis' side of the EE. (in the low rounds, get all players to go & collect separate parts in rounds 1-3 or so)

That way, once the table is complete & you use the jet gun, that creates a save point.

Doing so is only if you want to complete both sides of the EE.

The Tower looks pretty cool once you have done both side's. Red & Blue lights run up the tower & can be seen from nearly all parts of the map. (thanks to Way2g00 for showing me this)

I really don't think it's necessary for Richtofen's EE either, though. I watched a walkthrough video of his EE where they didn't even mention that step (though they did have it built in the video). You don't have to fire the Jet Gun AT the table... you can fire it anywhere under the tower. I'm almost positive that if you tried Richtofen's EE without ever building the table it would work. Unfortunately, I already have it built and the EE unfinished. If anyone can test this I would be interested to see if I'm right. I really think I am, here.

ok first thing ya dont need 4 players and ya dont need to use explosive weapons either

Ok... elaborate? How do you do it without 4 players?

I don't know if anyone answered your question, but I have a guide on how to do this with less than four players here:

FPs5yiYxdUI

Basically you need at least 2 players, both with EMPs, then you both need to throw an EMP grenade at different street lamps, quickly jump through the teleporter and then throw your last grenade at the one you come out at.

ok first thing ya dont need 4 players and ya dont need to use explosive weapons either

Ok... elaborate? How do you do it without 4 players?

I don't know if anyone answered your question, but I have a guide on how to do this with less than four players here:

FPs5yiYxdUI

Basically you need at least 2 players, both with EMPs, then you both need to throw an EMP grenade at different street lamps, quickly jump through the teleporter and then throw your last grenade at the one you come out at.

But if you threw the emp at the light , wouldnt the emp stop the teleporter from working ?

OK...so ive now wasted 130K points trying for EMP :x . Anyway quick ?. We started a game with 2 players. We completed every step of the EE (and it seems you do not need explosive kills under the tower, just good ol regular kills) and we were chasing the box for EMP grenades. OF COURSE my buddy gets them FIRST shot :o . As i continue to yell obsinities at every spin of the box, a buddy of ours joins the game. 'hey try and get EMP's so we can finish this damn EE. HE GETS THEM THE FIRST FREAKIN SHOT!!. Anyway im watching the runner as they throw the EMP---teleport---throw another EMP. Now Richtofen started talking and said his whole shpeal...but NO TROPHY :evil: .

Was wondering if by him joining if he had messed it up for us?

(and it seems you do not need explosive kills under the tower, just good ol regular kills)

This is true. I noticed that true and I added that to Original post a while back, I think I removed some stuff in hurry just to make it look more organized. I am going to add this back.