NACHT DER UNTOTEN IN TRANZIT

TheBrockstah

• Administrators

The Bus driver says "HAARP Research center" so I'm going to go off on a limb here and say that the "Northern Hemisphere" is Alaska.

I would generally agree with you, but when you click on the crossbones it zooms in straight to California, and I feel like that may be actual.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bus driver says "HAARP Research center" so I'm going to go off on a limb here and say that the "Northern Hemisphere" is Alaska.

I would generally agree with you, but when you click on the crossbones it zooms in straight to California, and I feel like that may be actual.

lol I was playing farm and I couldn't believe how much the whole thing seemed to resemble the farms I'd see in Northern California close to the forests.

I haven't found it yet, but are we sure this is Nacht der Untoten? Or them just reusing old models?

The reason being is that it says we're in the Northern Hemisphere, the signs, buildings, etc, all look American, as well as the playable characters. Where as Nacht der Untoten takes place in Germany.

Just food for thought.

This is not Nacht der Untoten. It is a fort that merely resembles it as a form of allusion.

So I had a look at it through the Theatre. Very very interesting. Compared it to WaW Nacht.

The open door on the top floor (that connects the Sniper Cabinet room to the room above Spawn) is missing. But there's no noticeable outline, or filling in of the door. It blends in with the wall perfectly as if it was never there to begin with.

The ground where the plane was, was level with the top floor. Now it seems to be big boulders of some sort there.

There was a large dip in the ground out past the fence, however today that is replaced with the cornfield on a level ground.

The little red antenna's are not there anymore.

The large radio tower you could see in the distance was different to the one's here now.

Windmill's/Windfarm's are now to the northwest of it up on a hill, and beside the cornfield.

Just some weird small things I noticed. I honestly don't know what to think now. I'm still a bit hesitant to believing this is Nacht, but I don't know.

I haven't found it yet, but are we sure this is Nacht der Untoten? Or them just reusing old models?

The reason being is that it says we're in the Northern Hemisphere, the signs, buildings, etc, all look American, as well as the playable characters. Where as Nacht der Untoten takes place in Germany.

Just food for thought.

This is not Nacht der Untoten. It is a fort that merely resembles it as a form of allusion.

You think so? Everyone seems to think it's Nacht. I'm stuck in the middle honestly.

• Administrators

So I had a look at it through the Theatre. Very very interesting. Compared it to WaW Nacht.

The open door on the top floor (that connects the Sniper Cabinet room to the room above Spawn) is missing. But there's no noticeable outline, or filling in of the door. It blends in with the wall perfectly as if it was never there to begin with.

The ground where the plane was, was level with the top floor. Now it seems to be big boulders of some sort there.

There was a large dip in the ground out past the fence, however today that is replaced with the cornfield on a level ground.

The little red antenna's are not there anymore.

The large radio tower you could see in the distance was different to the one's here now.

Windmill's/Windfarm's are now to the northwest of it up on a hill, and beside the cornfield.

Just some weird small things I noticed. I honestly don't know what to think now. I'm still a bit hesitant to believing this is Nacht, but I don't know.

Just food for thought.

You think so? Everyone seems to think it's Nacht. I'm stuck in the middle honestly.

Hmm, interesting. That may change things, but I can't figure out what else Treyarch could mean by making the fort identical in looks to Nacht Der Untoten. This will take my imagination to figure this one out, thinking cap ON! :D

First of all, NEVER simply believe public opinion. "Everyone calls it this." Well if I was one of the first Youtubers to do the Tranzit Easter Egg, and I called the Electric Zombie the Zapper Guy, everyone would be calling it the Zapper Guy. It's not about what people THINK it is. It is about what it is.

There are major differences from Nacht der Untoten and this fort that reflect how Nacht der Untoten is in Germany in 1940's and how this fort is in the U.S. in the future.

I never believed the public opinion, hence my first post as I found it questionable.

Whatever it is, it's clearly a throwback to it. The funny thing is, I found this version easier to train than Black Ops' version. That was staying inside the whole time, with another person in there and with no Jug. The controls and gameplay seem more fine tuned this time around, so maybe that's why.

What I thought would've added to the allusion even more, is if when you first arrived there, 4 Nazi Zombies were just standing still there (much like when you spawn). Epic throwback haha.

I never believed the public opinion, hence my first post as I found it questionable.

Whatever it is, it's clearly a throwback to it. The funny thing is, I found this version easier to train than Black Ops' version. That was staying inside the whole time, with another person in there and with no Jug. The controls and gameplay seem more fine tuned this time around, so maybe that's why.

What I thought would've added to the allusion even more, is if when you first arrived there, 4 Nazi Zombies were just standing still there (much like when you spawn). Epic throwback haha.

Lol. That would've been funny, but I think it would have just confused people even more. Perhaps a more subtle way to reference it is giving you the option to lock yourself in the fort so that you can play on Tranzit in that small area, only having to worry about the good 'ol barricades.

Nacht der Untoten was nothing more than a building from a multiplayer map in World at War to begin with.

When you think about it, there's really no continuity. You can't put Nacht der Untoten at a specific location or time. It has no place in the storyline.

In 1945 there were US Marines fighting against Nazis. It's never explained how they got stuck in the building, and it's never explained who wrote "help" on the door. "Help" is a word used in many languages but not German, by the way. That would be "Hilfe".

Then Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo and Tank arrive but it's never explained how they got there and why they're there. It's never explained why Mule kick was there either.

Now all of a sudden it's in Tranzit. I think it's safe to assume it's just an easter egg and nothing more. You can't tie it in with the main storyline because of the inconsistencies.

• Administrators

Well Naxht Der Untoten may not have had storyline implications in the beginning, but I feel like it certainly can be tied to the story. I personally feel like the devs made it part of the story as time went on.

I agree with Tac. WaW Intel actually makes multiple direct references to Nacht der Untoten story-wise. Mule Kick was just a game mechanic. Its only canonical appearance was Moon. As for the characters, I'd like to think they were there as part of the story, but the thing is that you quite literally cannot place them there ever. We know how they got to Shi No Numa. We know how they got to Der Riese. We know how they left Der Riese. So it just doesn't fit. So, sadly, we must assume it was a gameplay mechanic so that Treyarch wouldn't have to reformat the original Marine characters. I'm up for discussion on the matter to fully work this out if you'd like, but not here.

I agree with Tac. WaW Intel actually makes multiple direct references to Nacht der Untoten story-wise. Mule Kick was just a game mechanic. Its only canonical appearance was Moon. As for the characters, I'd like to think they were there as part of the story, but the thing is that you quite literally cannot place them there ever. We know how they got to Shi No Numa. We know how they got to Der Riese. We know how they left Der Riese. So it just doesn't fit. So, sadly, we must assume it was a gameplay mechanic so that Treyarch wouldn't have to reformat the original Marine characters. I'm up for discussion on the matter to fully work this out if you'd like, but not here.

This guy knows what hes saying

This guy knows what hes saying

Thank you. That is very kind.

I'm under the assumption that the original Nacht der Untoten is different from the one on tranzit.

I see the Tranzit version as Treyarch giving us a nice throw-back nod to reference the original zombie map that started it all.

I don't see this Tranzit version of the NDU fort as a reason to re-write our theories about the time and location of the original NDU map.

- Mix

In the long run, if they were trying to connect it story-wise, it would be totally open not just the bottom floor. Shame.

What does the nacht comic signify tho did we ever figure it out?

I believe the comics that involved the professor showed how the Pentagon Thief came to be.

I still think the Thief is Yuri from Ascension.

• Administrators

In the long run, if they were trying to connect it story-wise, it would be totally open not just the bottom floor. Shame.

What does the nacht comic signify tho did we ever figure it out?

Nothing conclusive, from what I have found, has come from the comic strip. I can't seem to find a lot of people you are consistently saying the same thing or arguing a same point.

How cool would it be if we got like der riese and it wouldn't even be like a quarter of the map :o

Then they would have to make an entire Tranzit mode map somewhere in Germany.

Now that I think about it. They could fit Verrückt and Kino right next to each other (both in Berlin) and have a bus/train go to Der Riese (which is near Breslau).

It would be cool to have a Tranzit mode map set in 1945 but I doubt it'll ever happen...