The Mustang Update

LiamFTWinter

On the topic of premium, please promise us there won't be any exclusive premium tournaments, competitions, etc. I want CoDz to stay with the fact that every user is equal with the same opportunities. If it comes to UOTM being premium only or something similar to that, CoDz just wouldn't be the same.

I can promise you there will be no premium tournaments and competitions.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another topic, we brought in the medals people ask for, we're looking for way to give them a purpose within vbulletin, hopefully we can.

On the topic of premium not being worth it, we have a big project in the works, and yet again "I can't say much about it" but this time for good reason, because it's still sort of in the planning/early pre-alpha stage.

More premium features will come when that launches.

I'm on the fence with premium, probably won't bother with it, as paying to do things, is just not me. Not that i'm against it in anyway of course, the donations you'll recieve will help keep this place alive.

Not that I don't like medals idea, the reward just don't seem to match the them of this sire, surely there must be a way to bring back brains, even if it means starting from square one.

Why are you all arguing? Just because YOU don't like medals, it does NOT mean that others agree! I myself do in fact like having the medals, and find that they are a nice perk as a form of reward for being dedicated. The medal system took a lot of time and effort, and I think it is pointless in complaining about them because until they are a hinderance to the site then there will be no reason to remove them.

As for the Premium system... Well, is it not just exactly like your average Donor system, just with extra perks? I for one will be buying the One Year Premium without hesitation, and may even perhaps donate more afterwards. I genuinely don't understand why people are so annoyed about this, because I think it all looks AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

Just one question, how will UK residents go about paying for the Premium? Just curious on cost etc. and how it will work and stuffs... :D

This looks so freaking cool I seriously cannot wait for this :D

-Jolteon

The general opinion regarding medals seems to be either negative or not-caring. Then there's Jolt. Who furiously defends them at every turn.

Brains however, were always loved.

Yeah, everbody loves brains, but medals seriously seem pointless. I just have no reason to go for them, they aren't motivators like brains. The only reason I would actually have to hate them is that colors are gone (Which actually DO motivate). They just don't DO anything. Oh yeah they show your achievements, except no one else really cares.

If you actually do care who has what medal, you've either made the medals, or you're like Jolt, which is totally understandable, but for the vast majority of us, medals don't really do anything.

chat is coming backchat is coming backchat is coming backchat is coming back

Also, premium is just "More". Everything that is currently available on CoDz, and all opportunities, are staying completely free. Premium will help us cover the cost of hosting and Vbulliten, which is a much better forum system and will be alot better for Black Ops 2.

Medals don't hurt anyone, IMO. I totally want brains to return, so I keep pushing for them, but there is really no way to carry over brain counts. The site really, really got fucked over in a way we had no control over so they are essentailly, gone. It sucks. But we'll pick up our boots, take this chance to move over to a totally new forum system

The general opinion regarding medals seems to be either negative or not-caring. Then there's Jolt. Who furiously defends them at every turn.

OOOORRRAAAAAHHHHHHH :D

If the medals were causing harm to anyone I would totally agree. I just think they're neat and nifty way to show off achievements... Remember friends, I'm on your side with the Usergroups etc. ;)

chat is coming backchat is coming backchat is coming backchat is coming back

HELL FREAKING YES THIS IS THE BEST NEWS SINCE EVER!!!! Seriously, I used to use the chat so much, and it was incredibly fun!

-Jolteon

Why are you all arguing? Just because YOU don't like medals, it does NOT mean that others agree! I myself do in fact like having the medals, and find that they are a nice perk as a form of reward for being dedicated. The medal system took a lot of time and effort, and I think it is pointless in complaining about them because until they are a hinderance to the site then there will be no reason to remove them.

As for the Premium system... Well, is it not just exactly like your average Donor system, just with extra perks? I for one will be buying the One Year Premium without hesitation, and may even perhaps donate more afterwards. I genuinely don't understand why people are so annoyed about this, because I think it all looks AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

Just one question, how will UK residents go about paying for the Premium? Just curious on cost etc. and how it will work and stuffs... :D

-Jolteon

UK users (like myself) can pay like everyone else via Paypal, which will automatically convert your payment of pounds to dollars. :)

And to everyone.

Brains are gone for now, they will come back, we may have to start fresh, but that may be a good thing for Black Ops 2.

Also, I sort of agree on the medals not holding much value, like I said, we're making continued efforts to make them worth something.

And finally, usergroups are being phased back in, very slowly and not like before.

-Jolteon

UK users (like myself) can pay like everyone else via Paypal, which will automatically convert your payment of pounds to dollars. :)

And to everyone.

Brains are gone for now, they will come back, we may have to start fresh, but that may be a good thing for Black Ops 2.

Also, I sort of agree on the medals not holding much value, like I said, we're making continued efforts to make them worth something.

And finally, usergroups are being phased back in, very slowly and not like before.

so wait, user groups like veteran will return?

If Veteran WERE to return, it would have to be seriously revised. There was far too much green before and it really showed once the viral started. I'm thinking at least 2 years of regular CoDz service as a minimum because otherwise it will get seriously overcrowded with colour again. However, I, like yourself, would like some variation of time period based Usergroup to return. Just to give thanks for those who stick around ;)

-Jolteon

If Veteran WERE to return, it would have to be seriously revised. There was far too much green before and it really showed once the viral started. I'm thinking at least 2 years of regular CoDz service as a minimum because otherwise it will get seriously overcrowded with colour again. However, I, like yourself, would like some variation of time period based Usergroup to return. Just to give thanks for those who stick around ;)

-Jolteon

wasnt it blue? :lol: and yeah that sounds like a better criteria.

Another idea for Codz Premium: Allow for a higher amount of medals to be active. Like, instead of 6, you get 9. You get my point. :)

Ya know what, considering that larger space for things like signatures or avatars is possibly (or IS) included in the premium bundle, then we may get something like that to work without it being too cluttered. I personally think the medals as is need to be a tad smaller anyways, actually.

wasnt it blue? :lol: and yeah that sounds like a better criteria.

Lol, no, Survivor was blue, Veteran was green ;)

-Jolteon

oh right, right. its been too long since i had my title. all i remember i was a blue title, so i was survivor. which i think got merged into veteran during the first change when the medals were first introduced.