Something that has been bugging me

• Moderators

this.

Pareidolia... why would they put a random person in the poster for first strike? now if that person was in ascension, then maybe you can argue for it, but that poster is supposed to me our 4 heroes, whether or not the artist portrayed that to pinpoint accuracy

Stop arguing about this.

Some people think it is Richtofen and some don't.

And those who don't just want to exchange some theories.

Regardless if it is Richtofen or not.

Nothing we (who are convinced that it is Richtofen) can do about that.

No one messes up that bad.

but other than the alleged "buzzcut" or whatever it looks just like rich... jawline, facial features, need i remind everyone that rich also has a scar on his face?

what about the crescent moon scar around his left (our right) eye - the scar that Richtofen DOES NOT have? i can't believe i'm having to post these pictures again, but here we go.

From the First Strike Poster

From the Zombie Labs Trailer

there is an obvious crescent moon scar next to his left (our right) eye. the guy from codzl has THE SAME scar.

view of Richtofen, his left (our right) eye has no eclipse moon scar.

EDIT: i'm not claiming Richtofen does not have a scar, he does have one under his right (out left) eye - which i do concede that the FS character has as well. but he has both scars. not just richtofens. not just codzl guy.

but other than the alleged "buzzcut" or whatever it looks just like rich... jawline, facial features, need i remind everyone that rich also has a scar on his face?

eplain to me how this

is this

and this

the scar is even on the wrong side of the face.

FS poster guy has the curved scar under (from my perspective of right and left) his right eye, while rich has the curve under his left eye

• Moderators

what about the crescent moon scar around his left (our right) eye - the scar that Richtofen DOES NOT have? i can't believe i'm having to post these pictures again, but here we go.

From the First Strike Poster

From the Zombie Labs Trailer

there is an obvious crescent moon scar next to his left (our right) eye. the guy from codzl has THE SAME scar.

view of Richtofen, his left (our right) eye has no eclipse moon scar.

I think this has been talked to death now.

Honestly no point to bring it back up.

Actually...I know this has been talked to death. :lol:

explain to me how this

is this

and this

FS poster guy has the curved scar under (from my perspective of right and left) his right eye, while rich has the curve under his left eye

yes thank you. it's like people don't even catch up on the whole thread they just read the most recent post.

I really think we need to move past speculating whether or not the man on the poster is Richtofen. For the sake of this thread, we will assume that the man on the poster is NOT Richtofen and IS the man in the CoDZL trailer. If you want to continue to argue that it is Richtofen, maybe you could start a new thread about it? I feel like we need to split this into two different topics, cause this is getting confusing and annoying.

For the sake of this thread, we will assume that the man on the poster is NOT Richtofen and IS the man in the CoDZL trailer. If you want to continue to argue that it is Richtofen, maybe you could start a new thread about it?

this from now on.

please start a different thread if you think it's richt. let's not forced to be backtracking, we were just getting somewhere discussing who made the weapons.

• Moderators

I really think we need to move past speculating whether or not the man on the poster is Richtofen. For the sake of this thread, we will assume that the man on the poster is NOT Richtofen and IS the man in the CoDZL trailer. If you want to continue to argue that it is Richtofen, maybe you could start a new thread about it? I feel like we need to split this into two different topics, cause this is getting confusing and annoying.

I want...to give you brains...soooo bad...but...I...can't... :lol:

I want...to give you brains...soooo bad...but...I...can't... :lol:

verbal brains yay! just as good imo.

So we win.

Cause saying THAT won't instigate anything... :?

So, Harvey Yena, Gersch... any other ideas?

EDIT: And, Lenne, thanks for the verbal brains :D

i really want to find out more info on Porter. do you (or anyone) know of any thread where i could attain this? or perhaps a knowledgable person could just tell me what they know?

• Moderators

EDIT 2: 115th post in this topic! :D

I wanted to mention that,but I didn't want to ruin the number.

probably one of the fastest growing topics? It certainly is a fun one though.

And I will give you some real brains as soon as they are available. :D

iiiiiiiiiii like it! totally makes sense too that he would be a bigger guy, in comparison to all the other scientists in the codzl trailer. the american's wouldn't have sent some scrawny scientist to infiltrate 935, it has to be some dude who can defend himself with military training if compromised.

Lol, that's not true. A beefed up Marine like that would stand out like a sore thumb in Group 935. Peter McKay, and Harvey Yena stood out, simply because they were Americans. Richtofen didn't like Americans, Maxis didn't like them. This guy would have never got past the front gate. Oh, and someone with military training that could defend himself you say? Say someone like Tank Dempsey. Yup, he got caught, and he's a total badass.

Gameplay-wise, yes. Timeline-wise, no. The Wave Gun was believed to be invented on Griffin Station, in the 40's. The Thundergun was developed by the Ascension group, in the 60's.

I have a theory about our mystery man. It's far fetched, and since I'm not really one for theories, it's probably incorrect. But I've given it a bit of thought, so I'm gonna put it on the table.

How much do we know about Harvey Yena? We know that he was an American spy, sent with Peter McCain to infiltrate Group 935. We've also seen notes on Der Reise informing Richtofen that "it's time to kill Maxis" with the signature "H. Yena". This means that Harvey must have been in the secret group that Richtofen formed, that built Griffin Station. So Harvey's been to Griffin Station, and knows a lot about it, along with all of Group 935's other projects.

Now, sometime after this, Richtofen begins to suspect that Harvey and Peter are spies (as we hear in a Call of the Dead radio). We know that Peter was killed, but what of Harvey? We never find out, do we?

My theory: he escaped to America. He informed the government of all Group 935's doings, and of Griffin Station. The Americans then started experimenting with Group 935's research themselves, using the Pentagon labs and Area 51 as their testing grounds. They built a teleporter to Griffin Station. Most importantly, they started experimenting with 115 and, potentially, reanimation of the dead.

So, they began testing in labs in the Pentagon and Area 51 - or, as we know them (here it comes!), the Call of Duty Zombie Labs. Harvey Yena worked with them to develop the Wave Gun, and possibly the Winter's Howl, the Scavenger, and the V-R11. That's why he was in the CoDZL testing the Wave Gun, and that's his connection to it.

That's my theory. It doesn't quite connect him to Ascension or the Thundergun, but with this sneaky character, who knows? ;)

Hmmm, I'll be keeping my eye on you Dunbarian, it's clear you have a good understanding of the concepts of the story.

I'm also VERY interested in what happened to Harvey Yena. The last I expect he was at the Group 935 base at CotD completing the upgraded Hyena Infra-Dead. I'm still not sure if Yena was even at Der Riese at all. I know his name is written on the chalkboard, but other than that we don't have much to go on about him. Now I'm assuming that he was indeed a spy of sorts (probably OSS like Peter), so he most likely returned back to America after Der Riese was captured by the Allies in 1945.

Now the question of did he create the Wave Gun. I'll say possibly. But I'm leaning towards someone else in particular: Porter. He has more experience with 115 than other 935 scientist. I believe Porter and another significant doctor was taken during Operation Paperclip. Look it up.

Oh, and I don't personally believe Yena was at Griffin Station at all. Richtofen didn't trust Yena, and wouldn't let him in on such a big secret. Richtofen most likely didn't let Yena in on much at all.

The CODZL was most likely located at The Pentagon or Dreamland (if you actually think it exist and that it's not just part of the parody trailer). Unfortunately we don't know what either scientist looks like, so we can't say for sure if the soldier is one of these guys. The fact that he has a scar is interesting, but that brings me to my next point.

Richtofen has scars under BOTH eyes. You can see a mark under his left eye in Ascension. But his scar under right eye is the distinct one, In fact, the scar under the left eye is gone during Shangri La. The scar under his right eye is the indentifier, just as it's seen on the FS poster.

Also note the uniform the man (Ed) is wearing on the FS poster. Same exact outfit as Richtofen on Ascension. What a coincidence!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the facial features need to be ignored. Me and Tac discussed the subject to death, and it only seems to contradict itself as the maps progress. You can check out our timeline thread if you'd like about it. I believe the discussion is on page 7 or 8.

Ultimately, if you guys wanna discuss some insignifcant weapon tester from a comical zombie trailer, that has nothing to do with Richtofen and the First Strike poster, then go ahead. I'm just trying to save you some time in the long run as there's a 99.99% chance it's gonna get you nowehere looking into it. (.01% taken away because it's Treyarch haha)

Man, where's MMX when you need him.

EDIT:

iiiiiiiiiii like it! totally makes sense too that he would be a bigger guy, in comparison to all the other scientists in the codzl trailer. the american's wouldn't have sent some scrawny scientist to infiltrate 935, it has to be some dude who can defend himself with military training if compromised.

Lol, that's not true. A beefed up Marine like that would stand out like a sore thumb in Group 935. Peter McKay, and Harvey Yena stood out, simply because they were Americans. Richtofen didn't like Americans, Maxis didn't like them. This guy would have never got past the front gate. Oh, and someone with military training that could defend himself you say? Say someone like Tank Dempsey. Yup, he got caught, and he's a total badass.

very true, bad observation on my part.

i actually just pmed him on Porter right before you posted this lol.

Ultimately, if you guys wanna discuss some insignifcant weapon tester from a comical zombie trailer, that has nothing to do with Richtofen and the First Strike poster, then go ahead.

thanks for the permission shooter, does that mean you'll be actually joining in the conversation now about Porter? 8-)

eplain to me how this

is this

and this

lol no the scar is under the same eye lol! you just proved my point :)

i actually just pmed him on Porter right before you posted this lol.

:|

Ultimately, if you guys wanna discuss some insignifcant weapon tester from a comical zombie trailer, that has nothing to do with Richtofen and the First Strike poster, then go ahead.

thanks for the permission shooter, does that mean you'll be actually joining in the conversation now about Porter? 8-)

I don't beleive Porter has any relation to this mystery man in the CODZL trailer, so that discussion would be getting way off topic. .I'll be releasing a thread soon explaining his role, keep an eye out for it. Enjoy your fun discussion!