Something that has been bugging me

Lastly, we have never gotten another zombie poster for any map pack ever. Why now? Why this one?

The guy on the poster is Richtofen, Richtofen also has a very distinct scar on Ascension in the exact same place.

This poster was also outsourced to the company called "petrol advertising" it seems like it was an artists mistake that Richtofen was drawn bald, or one of the earlier versions of his Ascension model was bald.

As for the random weapons, that's just to sell the map pack to people "Look at all these cool weapons we have" even though they aren't actually in that specific map.

• Moderators

If you can't see the resemblance of the soldier and the man in the First Strike poster, you should have your eyes checked. They look exactly the same. And look at the pics of Richtofen. He looks NOTHING like that guy. He's got a completely different body type, hair, and everything. It's not him. No artist can mess a character up THAT bad when the others are so on tune.

And to kingsley. EXCELLENT!

Any kind of resemblance between that drawing of Richtofen and the soldier was surely not done on purpose.

And no,it isn't up to debate if that guy is Richtofen or not. Anything else wouldn't make any scence.

You see Nikolai,Dempsey and Takeo in there,who aren't looking exactly the same as in the game neither.

Should I go on the internet now and look for pics of people,who look like Takeo on the poster,so I can open a new thread?

That guy in the video is a random soldier and the 4 people on the poster are the heroes.

• Moderators

Maybe they wanted this discussion to happen. :P

And/or maybe they just wanted to joke around.

Or he actually will play an important role in BO2.

To me he looks like your typical action movie badass who gets to test cool new guns.

So I assume that we will (if we play as him) play as him in Nuketown together with Silvester stallone,Will Smith and Chuck Norris

Maybe they wanted this discussion to happen. :P

And/or maybe they just wanted to joke around.

Or he actually will play an important role in BO2.

To me he looks like your typical action movie badass who gets to test cool new guns.

So I assume that we will (if we play as him) play as him in Nuketown together with Silvester stallone,Will Smith and Chuck Norris

But then you wouldn't be able to buy guns. Chuck would punch the box and the wundergyn would pop out. And there wouldn't be any zombies. Chuck's radiance would wipe them out before they got to the map.

• Moderators

As if that is a bad thing. Round 1098765 (in 2 minutes) sounds good to me. :D

And I don't think that even Chuck norris could wipe the zombies (wich are controlled by Richtofen) out. I mean...he isn't getting younger...oh...wait...

Okay instead of Chuck norris we could pick a Big Daddy from Bioshock.

Now that would be fun.

It looks NOTHING like any Richtofen model we've had. No artist can screw a character up that bad. The scar for Richtoden is on his right cheek. This drawing and actual character has a scar on his left. Richt has hair. This man doesn't. The build of Richt and this man are COMPLETELY different. And who is going to pay someone money and tell them "Draw every character exactly as they are in game, but ya know what! Just have fun with Richtofen." That's ridiculous to believe.

I honestly believe some of you aren't even considering the possibility. You're just saying "it's Richtofen 100% confirmed so shut up." That is ignorance.

Here are the facts:

1. The man looks nothing like Richtofen.

2. The man looks exactly like the man in CoDZL video.

3. The man's head fits almost exactly in the blank portrait.

4. The man and Richtofen have completely different body builds.

5. The other characters on the poster look completely accurate.

And many are still ignoring the fact that the poster is almost completely inaccurate with nova crawlers and all te wonder weapons that aren't in the map.

• Moderators

It looks NOTHING like any Richtofen model we've had. No artist can screw a character up that bad. The scar for Richtoden is on his right cheek. This drawing and actual character has a scar on his left. Richt has hair. This man doesn't. The build of Richt and this man are COMPLETELY different. And who is going to pay someone money and tell them "Draw every character exactly as they are in game, but ya know what! Just have fun with Richtofen." That's ridiculous to believe.

I honestly believe some of you aren't even considering the possibility. You're just saying "it's Richtofen 100% confirmed so shut up." That is ignorance.

Here are the facts:

1. The man looks nothing like Richtofen.

2. The man looks exactly like the man in CoDZL video.

3. The man's head fits almost exactly in the blank portrait.

4. The man and Richtofen have completely different body builds.

5. The other characters on the poster look completely accurate.

And many are still ignoring the fact that the poster is almost completely inaccurate with nova crawlers and all te wonder weapons that aren't in the map.

sigh

Have it your way,friend.

Alright, I've been following this topic for a while but I'm just deciding to say something now.

I really think you guys are overthinking this poster thing. Now, I'm not denying that the CoDZL guy could be important, he very well could be - I mean, why would they detail a guy like that so much for a ten second appearance in a promo? But I really think the guy in the poster is Richtofen. Sure, the artist didn't get him completely right. You must admit, though, he wasn't COMPLETELY off. It doesn't look NOTHING like Richtofen - hell, it was accurate enough that the whole community never questioned it until now.

I really don't think this poster was meant to hint at anything besides Ascension. The Wunderwaffe, Winter's Howl, and Nova Crawlers were just there to advertise Black Ops Zombies in general - although, I might actually have an explanation for why the crawlers were there: I believe the crawlers were originally supposed to be in the map, but were removed because people complained about them so much in Kino and "Five". Why did they complain? Because stupid people can't handle anything that makes their game a tad bit harder :evil: But I digress...

The guy in the CoDZL trailer could play some importance, as by that time they probably knew about Black Ops 2 and were starting to think about it. But the poster for Ascension is just too early to hint at the next game. But hey, if I'm proven wrong, I'm proven wrong.

• Moderators

Please give me a Richtofen picture that looks like that guy. I'm waiting. And please, deny that they look exactly the same. And who pays an outside firm to get every character spot on, but then mess up Richtofen that bad. I would have made them fix it.

I am sure you know GTA,right?

And these games always have great artwork with them. Sometimes though,there is an artwork of someone which doesn't look like the character it represents.

And GTA isn't the only game,where that happens.

It happenes with movies aswell.

That is totally NORMAL many artworks are made before the actual release of a movie/videogame.

Which means that a lot of things can change until then. And that happened with the poster. How can you think that isn't Richtofen? It is obvious. Now you can hold on to your little theory as long as you want. But on the poster we have the heroes. And the soldier in the video is,most likely just a soldier,but I like I said,in my first post.

I think that you are over thinking this.

Hopefully I am wrong because it would be interesting to see how this character (and possibly other characters from the lab) tie into the story.

^Tommy vercetti (GTA Vice city) (artwork)

VTommy Vercetti (in game)

^Carl Johnson (GTA San Andreas) (artwork)

VCarl Johnson (in game)

^Elizabeta Torres (GTA4) (artwork

VElizabeta Torres (in game)

I get what you're saying Lenne - but you have to understand that none of these characters were SO far off that they were bald in one, and had a full head of hair in the other. We're not trying to like discover the meaning of life, we just don't want to settle for "oh it's artist interpretation. period. stop talking about it, shouldn't you be talking about the special editions?"

I don't get how ANYTHING on this site can be "over thinking it" - this is a site for dedicated theorists, as i've been told. so either it's all being overthunk, or it's all fair game.

• Moderators

Your first picture doesn't work. And I'm not saying those artworks look the same as the in game character, but they are similar. The man on the First Strike poster doesn't even look similar to Richtofen.

Hey look in the first picture you don't see the scar on his right eyebrow.

Must be a totally different person,then,huh???

Your first picture doesn't work. And I'm not saying those artworks look the same as the in game character, but they are similar. The man on the First Strike poster doesn't even look similar to Richtofen.

Hey look in the first picture you don't see the scar on his right eyebrow.

Must be a totally different person,then,huh???

Fail. that is defintly Niko.

EDIT: If you were intending for there to be a second picture of Nico to compare to then that picture did not come through. I thought, because you quoted Fitan about your first pic not working, you were using this pic to compare with Tommy V.