Reasons why you hate Moon?

Verrückt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dislike toward Moon is something I have never fully understood. The Bio Dome and box area by the upper laboratories is a great place for group training, as long as one guy can handle the zero-g outside. If you never buy the door leading from Tunnel 11 to the power room, holding up in that last room after Stamin-Up and the Semtex is almost a Der Riese-level camping spot. My best zombies partner on PS3, whom I sadly probably won't ever get to play with again as his PSN hasn't signed-on in over a year, and I used to consistently get to mid-40s on that map without fail every time we played and without glitching (aside from the spot in the Bio Dome to take breaks).

The hacker was a total game changer in Zombies and I'm really sad that Treyarch didn't bring it back or modify it in Black Ops II. The bank and lending points was a decent idea but it killed the maps with the Green Run characters since everyone starting Round 2 with 4 perks and Pack-A-Punched weapons essentially deletes half of the reason you even play zombies in the first place...surviving, earning your points and building your loadout as you go. Split the hacker between at least two players who know what they are doing. Train or camp, anytime somebody's low on ammo, wait until a Carpenter, 2x or Nuke drops, throw a Gersch and spend 5000 to hack it into a Max Ammo. It's so easy.

Excavators glitching out is something that has gotten on my nerves in the past but this so rarely happened to me when I played Moon a lot that I didn't even see it as a problem. I assume we're talking about the glitch where you still get downed when you go through one of the tunnels after hacking the panel in the Receiving Bay. That glitch is far less annoying than the one where if you hack the Pack-A-Punch machine to make the gate come down around it that any time afterward if you throw a Gersch on the Moon, the Astronaut Zombie will permanently act as though he's trying to be pulled into the black hole even after it's gone. That glitch blocked me from getting to Round 50 in a match I surely would have gone much further. In Round 49, my teammate went down and I threw a Gersch to go revive him. Didn't know about that glitch then, and I ran from my horde AND a glitched out Astronaut for over ten minutes until he finally caught me and I got slapped by my horde to death before he could teleport me. 

Oh and Zap Guns were so much fun to use. 

The glitches are game breaking on this map

This. I doubt another m will ever be this hated by the community.

I tried hard to enjoy it, but constant glitches/bugs make it intolerable (more glitchy then most Treyarch games, that's saying a lot).

Impossible after a week to find any friends playing it, and i didn't blame them. Major fail, terrible end to zombies. But bo1 sucked in every way, so why not zombies too?

Thankfully bo2 left on a better note. We are still dealing with Treyarch, so of course the game's a glitchy mess, but a huge step up from bo1's swan song.

Nml: best feature of moon, imo.

Low gravity: annoying gimmick. They had to try. They had to fail.

Cosmonaut: awful plus extremely buggy.

Excavators breeching: annoying fail.

Hacker: constantly glitches out in 2 man games, which i play.

Knife: annoyingly placed, extremely difficult to get at an appropriate time (points were too constrained in the early game, you would end up having no choice but to buy a gun that you should never buy if you couldn't get enough points for this).

Map, without glitches and bad programming choices is easy. Annoyance added to make it harder. So bad. So very, very poorly done.

Wow. That map sucked/sucks. A prime example of failure at its optimum.

Couldn't disagree more.  The only really game breaking glitch on this map that seemed rather consistent is the invisible excavator glitch.  That I will concede is terrible and should have been fixed.  The knife isnt that hard to get, the Low gravity is absolutely fantastic, and is negated shortly after the match begins by turning on power and staying inside.  No idea what you mean by hacker glitches other than the audio loop which is easily fixable by hacking something else.  Cosmonaut is annoying, but so was George, Screamer/Napalm, "Him", Brutus, Ghost Lady's, etc.  Easy to avoid if you pay attention though

So let me get to the bad ass parts of the map:  NML is freaking awesome.  The EE is hands down the best in zombies history no contest.  WW is my favorite of all time as well.  The visuals and sounds are amazing.  Great backstory from radios. 

Man I love moon.  Moon, Origins, and Mob of the Dead are my top 3 with Five and Shangri-La close behind

I feel so sorry for 83457, because it seems like he deals with glitches much more than the normal zombie player.  Hate that for you man, wish you could experience smooth un-glitched zombie awesomeness from time to time :)

I don't think this map is THAT bad, honestly, Tranzit is worse. The things I hate are:

- Juggernog and Speed Cola (the two most valued perks) are INCREDIBLY fucking hard to get to.

- If you go down, you have a low chance of surviving once you get back up again, due to the teleporter recharging, and the alternations between Jugg and Speed Cola.

- EVERYONE must be either on the Moon or in Area 51, making public matches even more difficult to Pack-a-Punch on because no one coordinates.

- The fact that throwing grenades de-pressurises the Labs and the starting room. It's a nice thing to know they thought realisticly with this bit, but this means trolls on public matches can just bomb out the windows and ruin the game for you.

- THE SPACEMAN. He is way too hard to kill on the higher rounds, and losing a perk is a hefty price to pay for one slip up, especially if it's Juggernog.

- The excavators. Now, I don't HATE these things but it is definitely a hassle to have to run back to the starting room with the hacker, avoiding suffocation while running through the power switch area, and hack it off. It's even worse when the windows in the starting room are destroyed.

- The voice announcement glitch. This just ruins the game for me, and there's no way to fix it once it's happened. If you don't know, this glitch basically happens for some reason (IDK what reason, someone probably knows it on here), and all voice quotes are turned off. This might not seem bad, but it means the excavator woman doesn't tell you when the excavators are attacking. This ends up in you usually losing oxygen in all the 3 places UNLESS you are training in that space, e.g. you can hear the beeping if you're in the Biodome and the excavator is coming. Other than that, the only way to see which one is coming next is if you're outside by Mule Kick and see the red lights on the excavators.

- The QEDs. They're OK, but aren't they supposed to be some kind of zombie lottery? Whenever I throw them, all I get are grenade explosions, and never anything good like a PaP'd weapon or a random perk bottle.

"You grab it or split it" were my exact words, and honestly they shouldn't change this exploit, having 4 guys with hackers is not an issue...

But back on topic, the hacker glitch is honestly about as convenient as the time bomb-bank exploit in buried. Until you can supply evidence that it DOESN'T improve gameplay, the argument that it hinders it remains invalid.

Ah. The confusion is that we were discussing different glitches.

(Regarding 2-man games, which is how i usually play); I was referring to the fact that once a player goes down, no words appear for hacker, so to hack a door, one must carefully move just out of the range of '750 to open (whatever the words are)' and try to hack it from there, sans dialog, while being rushed by all of the zombies. Just every single game and it never got patched.

I certainly didn't get bothered by the 'split hacker' glitch.

So weird that it gets love on this site, when you couldn't find anyone playing this map when it was new.

Wow, Moon sucks so bad. I threw it in recently just to cheek my memory; worst zombie map ever.

Edit: In my opinion. Nobody is obligated to share my opinion. Being a long time forum surfer, it is clear that Moon is one of the worst maps in the communal mind, but again, you don't need to share the majority opinion either. :)

Edited by 83457

Is moon really that poorly thought of among the entire community? I only heard positive things about it in my time playing with randoms or at least on this forum when the map initially came out.

and I thought NML was basically still the mecca for the best zombie players...

I quite like moon, but it is very frustrating when things go wrong.

A friend and I spent all night on it, we'd got to round 20 and still weren't fully set up, having gone down a few times.

For me personally, the only things that spoil it for me, are the teleporting gas zombies, and that it's quite a large map, so if you go down, chances are you'll die out.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually loved MOON for the most part besides these3points that are tied together......    JUG, PAP and the TELEPORTER......  

I thought it was so stupid that you had to have everyone teleport to go back to earth so pretty much when someone goes down or wants to PAP they're pretty much screwed and can't get jug or upgrade their weapon until every one drops what they are doing and runs to the teleporter which can be extremely frustrating if you happen to be playing with randoms without mics or if you have some nerd hiding in that glitch by PHD FLOPPER that treyarch refused to patch COMPLETEY away from his console!!!! What they should have done is located JUG and PAP on the moon OR made it so any1 could teleport at any time and they could have balanced that so not just 1 person could stay at NO MANS LAND forever by putting a time constraint on how long he or she would be there and just automatically teleported them back after a minute or so.  You look at KINO for example: KINO is a map that anyone can just pick up and play! 1 good player can open everything up and get started if need be and he is not totally dependent on his team mates just to get JUG!      What happens on moon is you start these games and these retards are more concerned with blowing all their points on the BOX rather than getting everything open and heading back to earth to get JUG! It's so stupid in my opinion!!   They used the same logic with the PAP in SHANGRI-LA which is what completely killed shang for me.....

I consider my self to be a pretty good zombies player, playing zombies since WAW and I've been told that i'm a BEAST by many people, so why should I be penalized just because of other players? It's bullsh*t and they need to take issues like this out of future zombie maps all together!!!

Edited by CBR_600_RR

AGREED!!     and yeah I probably could tone it down a notch but it frustrated the heck out of me when moon was in its prime! I like team work too but it just seems like maps like moon were made without every type of player in mind....      I don't mind them trying to switch things up a bit and make things a little more challenging but I think they could have gone about it in a different way....

Is moon really that poorly thought of among the entire community? I only heard positive things about it in my time playing with randoms or at least on this forum when the map initially came out.

That's what i picked up from players. I frequented the official bo forums daily and people reviled it. But that is just one microcosm, though it was the official forum.

I can't say there wasn't another forum where everyone loved it. Maybe it had grown a cult following since then?

I'm not all knowing...that was just what i had come across in my experience. Others may have wildly varying results from mine.

If you love it, love it. Don't be swayed by some old fart who hates it.

:)

Edit: after all, I like Ghosts, so there us no accounting for tastes.

Edited by 83457

Oh and one more thing I forgot to list that I disliked about moon was the horrible lag and frame rate issues that plagued that map on higher rounds......   Once you get to a higher round and say an excavator goes down the amount of lag is crazy sometimes makes matches completely unplayable! It just goes to show you that these developers are pushing out unfinished products that have not been fully tested and then even after they release the product they don't even have the decency to their loyal fan base to go back and correct and fix the problems......   It's disgusting!!!!

Edited by CBR_600_RR

Is moon really that poorly thought of among the entire community?  I only heard positive things about it in my time playing with randoms or at least on this forum when the map initially came out.

I love Moon personally and also have only ever really heard good things about it. There is a few 'game breaking' glitches for sure but I don't find them happening that often to be honest.

Aside from 83457, I don't know anyone else who detests it that much!? :huh:

NML is so overrated. I just don't see the point of it. It's just like any other trainable area. The zombies get stronger with time tho. Woop. Lol

NML is so overrated. I just don't see the point of it. It's just like any other trainable area. The zombies get stronger with time tho. Woop. Lol

Yeah... there is more to NML than just training. It us all about getting as many kills with M&S as you can as early as you can. It separates truly skilled players from good players, hence why the current record is 390. That is roughly 16 hordes of 24 zombies required to be killed within just a few minutes otherwise they become too strong to kill.

Try it sometime... it's no walk in the park.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...