Dubstep in Black Ops 2 Zombies?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we just agree that we all have different musical taste and accept that not everybody will like the same kind of music as each other and that music can't be defined to a single genre?

this.

i wouldn't mind some more 8-bit/gameboy-ish tracks like in DOA.

Really? I hate that stuff. It's way worse than dub-step. I guess to each his own however.

Anyone thought that they have metal is because it suits the game, it's dark like zombies, i would hate to see dubstep in zombie's but i hate to see dubstep in anything cause it's terrible music.

I would love too see some classical music tho would work well with the humor.

And you said it's getting too heavy right ? avenged sevenfold is far from heavy and cause there is alot of screaming doesn't make it bad..

i would love to see some slipknot put into the game also some :twisted: Highway to hell :twisted: in there too, i think you are right too a degree they need to use other artist and check out sub genre's but keep it rock/metal/post hardcore it just goes with the theme...

Deffintly wanna see some classical tho aha the exception to the rock rule ....

Come on guys nobody, well at least my self is saying we need to change the genre from rock to dubstep.

The music is not rock. It's hardcorde metal.

Lullaby for a Dead Man was nice.

The One was cool.

Beauty of a Annhilation was alright.

115 was not that good.

Abracadavre wasn't good.

Paraedolia was awful.

Coming Home was despicable.

My opinion anyways. Every song just gets so much more loud, unintelligable, metal, and noisy. Can't we just have a coherent song? I think they should do various styles depending on the setting of the map. If you do various styles, then you can appeal to everyone, and not just the current metal-liking people.

my bad you did'nt say too heavy lol i listen to alot of music like the music in black ops but i agree sometimes it does get too much and i may listen to some acoustic stuff instead as i said before there needs to be diversity but sticking with the rock genre,,,

I disagree murder, Abracadabre and Paredolia are two of my favourites. The drums on both songs are highlights, S well as the unique distortion used on some parts of Pareidolia.

Coming Home I agree was awful. However it was also awesome. Elena sucks at screaming. This is a fact. The only time she sounded good was on BOA, and on there they distorted the screaming to make it sound better. However, Kevin is a musical genius.

THIS

Will everyone please stfu. I doubt they will ever add dubstep because they have Kevin Sherwood and some other people as the zombie music composers and they most likely hate dubstep (anyone can make dubstep by just hitting their keyboard like retards with some program that distorts the sound). I doubt they will take them out because they're an important part of the storyline and we hear whats going on with the characters. And if you don't like metal then don't activate the damn song its that simple and clean.

Will everyone please stfu. I doubt they will ever add dubstep because they have Kevin Sherwood and some other people as the zombie music composers and they most likely hate dubstep (anyone can make dubstep by just hitting their keyboard like retards with some program that distorts the sound). I doubt they will take them out because they're an important part of the storyline and we hear whats going on with the characters. And if you don't like metal then don't activate the damn song its that simple and clean.

You sire have just proven my point about selfishness. If you get YOUR genre, then you get a free zombie-specific song. But IIIII get nothing.

Yeah that's simple. That's simply unfair and selfish.

You sire have just proven my point about selfishness. If you get YOUR genre, then you get a free zombie-specific song. But IIIII get nothing.

Yeah that's simple. That's simply unfair and selfish.

Oh yeah because dubstep has lyrics. Get real

I listen to dubstep when i'm playing games sometimes, but it's not like something I listen to on a plane ride. I don't hate dubstep and it's fun to listen to in certain situations however I believe zombies is not the place. Zombies has always had that dark evil feel that rock/metal, whatever you wanna call it, music goes great with. The songs from the EEs always make the game more intense, at least for me.

Eurgh... genre snobs are the worst kind of music snobs. "How DARE you call Fetal Pig Raper 'Post-Hardcore Extreme Nu-Metal Grindcore Doom' when it's quite obviously 'Post-Thrash Southern Black Death Groove MetalXsceneXcore'?!?" "What?! No, Daft Skrillymou5 is totally not Dubstep, it's Post-Dubstep Electro House! Idiot!

Trying to shoehorn everything into some kind of sub-label is just ridiculous anyways. As an artist, nothing is more annoying than someone trying to slap some kind of easy label on your music.

• Moderators

Neither did I. I liked it how it was. But it CHANGED to be hardcore metal. I say let it change to something else and stop picking favorites.

But don't make a drastic change in the genre. (for example dubstep)

But who knows maybe it could work out. Although I wouldn't turn it on more than three times. :lol:

But I personally would enjoy some jazz music. :D

Eurgh... genre snobs are the worst kind of music snobs. "How DARE you call Fetal Pig Raper 'Post-Hardcore Extreme Nu-Metal Grindcore Doom' when it's quite obviously 'Post-Thrash Southern Black Death Groove MetalXsceneXcore'?!?" "What?! No, Daft Skrillymou5 is totally not Dubstep, it's Post-Dubstep Electro House! Idiot!

Trying to shoehorn everything into some kind of sub-label is just ridiculous anyways. As an artist, nothing is more annoying than someone trying to slap some kind of easy label on your music.

:lol:

What about these tracks guys? I personally think dubstep would work quite well with zombies.

Really like that Korn almbum, good example on what im saying about adding dubstep, electronic elements to Rock, metalcore whatever.. not change the genre just adding elements

To be honest...I like most types of music (Dubstep, Rock, Pop, etc.) except country >.> but I think that dubstep like Living Dead provided would be great. Just look at the Resident Evil Movies...They have some dubstep type mix in them along with the hardcore rock types. I love dubstep and I also love bands like Asking Alexandria and Pierce the Veil (to those that know who I'm talking about) which are what most of my friends call "screamo". I understand that people can like whatever the hell they want...but why not try it out and see for yourself.

Listen to some dubstep while playing Zombies (I do, it seems to fit for me) ONE TIME, don't pick something necessarily like Skrillex or Deadmau5, but something with a lot of energy in it. Maybe some of you will change your minds :)

That made me laugh.

Every Easter egg song is metalcore. It uses clean vocals intermixed with (god-awful) screaming. It has breakdowns and other elements of the genre as well.

Avenged Sevenfold is one of the most popular (cried as I typed that) metalcore bands in existence. They are the very definition.

Just because a band uses distorted vocal does not make them metal-core, there is more to the genre than just vocals, there are loads of bands that "scream" that are not metal-core.