Dubstep in Black Ops 2 Zombies?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a possibility of no dubstep. Wanna know why? Two words. Trent. Reznor.

End of story.

I hope Trent, Kevin, and Elena do the Zombie Music again.

If Trent can make Quake sound cool, I doubt Zombies will be a problem.

Oh yeah I Totaly forgot about them! A-DUR stupid me...

Trent Reznor is only doing the main theme for Black Ops II, but he does have a point about Elena and Kevin. I highly doubt those two will decide to make dubstep at this point.

Loving the dubi-dubstep modem whom whom music baby!! :D , but still i agree, i like better metalcore for the Zombo slaying, stilllll i dont mind some dubsteps elements blend in with metalcore + elenas voice = win...cant wait dammit!! :evil:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22949&hilit=+Metal

Around the halfway point of the first page I explain what's wrong with metalcore.

The problem we have here is you remind me of my friend who's into death and black metal. The problem being that death metal fans cause more arguments than other metal heads because they want all metal to be so heavy to the point of it sounding stupidly ridiculous. I think you just need to realise that there is two different types of metalcore: the original metalcore which is still good, and todays freakin' 2011-2012 black veil brides bullshit. It is the latter which I believe all you death metal guys seem to always refer to. The good kind i would like to note are the bands that actually stick true to what metalcore actually is; Melodic Grind core. You have a lot of bands like All That Remains and As I Lay Dying to name but a few and tbh I don't see Elena siegman/ kevin sherwood as metalcore IMO, instead just melodic metal (and do take note of the 7-8 string guitar as that's not really a part of metalcore) but that's just my opinion. I would end this with "rant over" or something like that, but i'm not because I honestly don't want you to see this as a rant, but merely an explanation against your linked explanation of what metalcore is (and is why this post probably doesn't belong here) so I'll bring us back on topic, I don't think there will be dubstep in nazi zombies simply because it just doesn't fit. It's supposed to be thrilling and at times scary as you turn a 180 to find a zombie in your grill, so why on earth would you want to dance to that? It's supposed to be horrifying as it's zombies which is why metal is the perfect genre especially to people that don't usually like metal as it makes it even more unnerving! :lol:

I agree, like I said in my rant I guess, I was just trying to explain cause it just kind of annoys me when I see/hear metal heads hating on metalcore for not being heavy but they only see one side of it. Apart from that, I should have explained that I don't hate dubstep nor do I truly like it. It makes good dance music and that's where it should stay, just saying that it doesn't quite fit to theme zombies, but if you want to listen to it whilst you play then by all means do it :D Hell I've listened to HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA whilst playing just for fun :lol:

I agree, like I said in my rant I guess, I was just trying to explain cause it just kind of annoys me when I see/hear metal heads hating on metalcore for not being heavy but they only see one side of it. Apart from that, I should have explained that I don't hate dubstep nor do I truly like it. It makes good dance music and that's where it should stay, just saying that it doesn't quite fit to theme zombies, but if you want to listen to it whilst you play then by all means do it :D Hell I've listened to HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA whilst playing just for fun :lol:

Absolutely, though you have to admit, dubstep would fit rather well with Dead Ops. ;)

But yeah, people become too biased when it comes to music and then that goes against the whole idea of what music stands for. If someone doesn't like a certain type of music, fine, my opinion of them won't change at all. It's when people start bashing on other people for their taste in music that gets me.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but what's OHMT?

Also If they brought back dead ops arcade then I wouldn't mind some dance music or something cause it would fit that! Melodic Death metal I do really like tho! Children of Bodom are one of my favourite bands!

Wait I think I figured out what OHMT stands for. Original Heavy Metal Topic? I hope I'm correct, just tried putting 2 and 2 together :lol:

Honestly, I haven't heard a lot of dubstep but it's not my kind of thing, in fact all I think of whenever anyone mentions it is these:

(Note, contains 1 use of foul language per video if you're easily offended)

ZFQ5EpO7iHk

6XwJ7HxJf5c

Personally, I hope that Elena makes a return. The previous songs are brilliant and are a part of the zombies experience for me now.

See, I don't like dubstep but at least I don't insult it or the people who listen to it. Why can't others do the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I'm not even into dubstep, but I'd rather hear that stuff than any of those terrible songs they have on just about every map. Those metal ballad evanescence wannabes make me want to poke my eardrums out with a sharp utensil. Horrid.

No way, Dubstep is horrible, plus, Zombies already has a tradition going with doing hardcore rock music. I'm fine with it, as are most people. If you want to listen to Dbstep while playing Zombies just use your ipod. Dubstep has no place in zombies.

I never said Deadmau5 was dubstep and quit flaming. The Deadmau5 song Raise Your Weapon, is in fact dubstep. The rest of his songs are house. Chill man. This post isnt a fail, because people are discussing on it. That IMO is a post success. Discussion is what makes this forum great. And SOME dubstep has words. Thats why I listed the songs I did. Because they have words that could relate to the storyline. Listen to Raise Your Weapon. Its like Samantha talking to Richtofen. Just my opinion :)

I never said Deadmau5 was dubstep and quit flaming. The Deadmau5 song Raise Your Weapon, is in fact dubstep. The rest of his songs are house. Chill man. This post isnt a fail, because people are discussing on it. That IMO is a post success. Discussion is what makes this forum great. And SOME dubstep has words. Thats why I listed the songs I did. Because they have words that could relate to the storyline. Listen to Raise Your Weapon. Its like Samantha talking to Richtofen. Just my opinion :)

I've been listening to Mau5 for the better part of 5 years, while i agree that the song does indeed relate pretty well to the storyline i still wouldn't consider the three mins or however long it is that he has the wobbs in the song doesn't make a 9 minute song dubstep, i would still call it a house track, Nero has some filth in their songs but i wouldn't clasify them as dubstep artists.

And if im fucking zombies up i need some straight filth, not some loddy doddy tracks

• 2 weeks later...