Fattening up Zombies

I think that as long as a map as an unique item in it, and its fun to use, then the map as a whole will be fun no matter what.

For example; Shi no Numa with the Wunderwaffe, Der Riese with the Monkey Bombs, Kino with the Thundergun, Five with the Winters Howl, Acension with the Gersch Device + Matryoshka Dolls, Shangri la with the 31-79 JGb215, Call of the Dead with the Scavenger + V-R11 and Moon with QED + Wave Gun.

All of these maps where made special with these weapons, if you wanted to use a certain weapon you'd play this map etc etc. So as long as there are unique weapons in each map and they are not useless to use *cough* V-R11 *cough* we are all gonna play them all :)

The Vrill is actually one of the best guns on COTD if used properly. When upgraded and fired upon a teammate the teammate you shot has 30 second insta-kill and invincibility. Amazing when trapped in tight corners. Depends on if the person your playing with knows what the hell he's doing.

True but how is that fun for YOU to use. Do you ever think "aww yeah lets play COTD so i can give someone else insta-kill"?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if your a team player and want to get high rounds its just automatic. Doesn't matter when it comes to survival.

Vast majority of players play with randoms and most of them dont have mics. Sure with team mates the V-R11 is a good weapon but majority of the time its more useless than the starting pistol (unpack a punched of course ;) )

Well if your a team player and want to get high rounds its just automatic. Doesn't matter when it comes to survival.

Vast majority of players play with randoms and most of them dont have mics. Sure with team mates the V-R11 is a good weapon but majority of the time its more useless than the starting pistol (unpack a punched of course ;) )

I find it an extreme waste of a weapon slot when your teammates are horrible, do not know what it does, and don't use it effectively. I know that sometimes you can't stop your teammates from being like that, but I really don't use the VR-11 anyways.

I actually think they should have more unique weapons like the vr-11. While I personally didn't like the gun much myself, others did, and I think they should expand upon that more. The concept was interesting, and I think they need to make more wonder weapons with unique capabilities.

The point is, they need more wonder weapons with powers that aren't quite just a brutal force instantly killing zombies, but also pair them up with other wonder weapons that are just total powerhouses (VR-11 and Scavenger). This was an ingenious idea presented in Cotd, and it was a shame they didn't continue that.

I actually think they should have more unique weapons like the vr-11. While I personally didn't like the gun much myself, others did, and I think they should expand upon that more. The concept was interesting, and I think they need to make more wonder weapons with unique capabilities.

The point is, they need more wonder weapons with powers that aren't quite just a brutal force instantly killing zombies, but also pair them up with other wonder weapons that are just total powerhouses (VR-11 and Scavenger). This was an ingenious idea presented in Cotd, and it was a shame they didn't continue that.

I agree fullheartedly with this! I looved that they decided to include 2 Wunder weapons in this map, well 3 technically if you include the Wunder-waffe easter egg ;)

They ARE keeping the classic zombie mode.

They ARE creating new zombie modes that you DON'T HAVE TO PLAY.

The option is there for players who want to play something that's not so cut and dry. THAT'S IT.

BOOM that sums it all up, to me zombies is all fun, and it is, but to me its kinds stale, and also since im going to further my education, i will not have as much time to play Video Games, so i think if different modes will freshen up Zombies, make quick to play mode, fun 4-8 player fun fests, because i LOVE original ZOmbies but i just dont have the time to waste ( I.E 4-5 hrs) anymore, to Call of duty, I have a Life lol

In Black Ops 2, We are going to see a heck of a lot of changes. Treyarch is branching out into testy territory with the upcoming game overall. I don't like the campaign, By the looks of what I've seen. It's not a good concept to say in the least. It takes place sometime in the future as Woods relives his experiences with war and covert operations. I think that Black Ops 1 has better foundation. I just can't wait to see what the multiplayer weapons are going to be like at that with the futuristic feel of what Blops 2 is.

As for zombies mode, I'm going to wait and see what it's like. Am I excited because they are coming back? Of course, But is it for the greater good of what the foundation of the story is? I am guessing that Treyarch is making them become more evolved just because they don't want people to become bored. I've noticed this in Black Ops with the maps that we've been given. I will always enjoy WAW zombies the most because that is just what they were, Zombies. Good ole fashioned zombies that we had to ward off. They looked like zombies, Acted like zombies, And in Black Ops, They had become more advanced and more evolved in style. In Black Ops 2, They are going to become more than what the first Black Ops was. This, I do not like and is what I'm fearing for the future of zombies. Having 8 player game modes is going to be dreadful. Four players are enough. Can you imagine the chaos?

I've only seen one person use the VR-11 properly, and he used it like a boss !! He helped us make it to my highest round on CotD. I didnt even know until this guy done it on me that you could fire your whole magazine into someone at once and that guy will be ignored by zombies for like 3 minutes in one go. I thought they would only be effective if you fired one at a time :o I like the ideas like the Ballistic Knife and the VR-11 because it gives the game variety, and would definitely love to see more team player type weapons like these.

I'm seriously excited to see what 3Ark does with zombies using the multiplayer engine. I keep imagining playing Ascension again, but with predetor drones. One player gets to run the train, one player gets to blow them all up with the thermal view p.d.

In BO there was only 24 zombies allowed on the screen at one time. But with 8 players I'm assuming there will be 48 zombies on-screen. That's a lot of zombies. I would also imagine that there will be 2 mystery boxes scattered throughout the maps. Everything will be doubled.

But what I'm REALLY excited to see is the new weapons. I really want to see what 3Ark has in store for us zombie fans. I hate to say it but, I hope this summer flys by so October and November get here. I want October to be here because The Walking Dead Season 3 begins, and in November obviously BO2 comes out. Yea I pre-ordered it...got a pretty sweet poster for pre ordering it too haha.

I hate to say it but, I hope this summer flys by so October and November get here. I want October to be here because The Walking Dead Season 3 begins, and in November obviously BO2 comes out. Yea I pre-ordered it...got a pretty sweet poster for pre ordering it too haha.

Don't forget about Halo 4 ;)

In Black Ops 2, We are going to see a heck of a lot of changes. Treyarch is branching out into testy territory with the upcoming game overall. I don't like the campaign, By the looks of what I've seen. It's not a good concept to say in the least. It takes place sometime in the future as Woods relives his experiences with war and covert operations. I think that Black Ops 1 has better foundation. I just can't wait to see what the multiplayer weapons are going to be like at that with the futuristic feel of what Blops 2 is.

As for zombies mode, I'm going to wait and see what it's like. Am I excited because they are coming back? Of course, But is it for the greater good of what the foundation of the story is? I am guessing that Treyarch is making them become more evolved just because they don't want people to become bored. I've noticed this in Black Ops with the maps that we've been given. I will always enjoy WAW zombies the most because that is just what they were, Zombies. Good ole fashioned zombies that we had to ward off. They looked like zombies, Acted like zombies, And in Black Ops, They had become more advanced and more evolved in style. In Black Ops 2, They are going to become more than what the first Black Ops was. This, I do not like and is what I'm fearing for the future of zombies. Having 8 player game modes is going to be dreadful. Four players are enough. Can you imagine the chaos?

You gathered all this from the 45 seconds of SP footage shown so far? It must be nice to be able to see into the future.

Oh wait you can't see into the future?...

So your just passing complete judgement on game you have no real experience with. Maybe you should wait until it's in your hands before you decide how dreadful it is... :facepalm:

You gathered all this from the 45 seconds of SP footage shown so far? It must be nice to be able to see into the future.

Oh wait you can't see into the future?...

So your just passing complete judgement on game you have no real experience with. Maybe you should wait until it's in your hands before you decide how dreadful it is... :facepalm:

Every time you post something like this, I am more and more impressed by how intelligent you are. It's good to know that not everybody in the world has fallen to cynicism yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I am worried about Zombies in BO2. Zombies was the reason I bought WaW and BO, but I think that they are fattening up Zombies too much now. I mean, 8 players? Team gametypes? The thing that worried me most was when Mark Lamia said that "...more isn't always better. Except with zombies." It just goes to show that Treyarch has adopted the idea that more stuff in Zombies is better, and I think that is what will cause it to go down the shitter. More features does not equal better. They are now focusing on getting as much crap into it as possible, rather than focusing on making it fun and intuitive. Just look at Moon. I think they REALLY got carried away with this map, and not in a good way. Having to worry about the oxygen levels, the necessity of having your whole team together JUST to get Jugg, and much more made this map too overcomplicated to even be much fun, and I think this is the direction Zombies is heading in. Two of my favorite maps are Shang and Five, which happen to be two of the least popular maps (Guess I'm in the minority here, huh?) because of how simple yet fun they are, and I also like that they are difficult and require team cooperation, BUT they don't force you to stay together like Moon does. That's just my two cents, I know many won't agree with me, but what is your opinion on Treyarch's new philosophy of more=better in Zombies?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt due to Activision being the publisher (look what they did to the Tony Hawk series),

BUT we are talking about Treyarch,so I don't think they'd let zombies hit the fan any time soon

• Administrators

I am worried about Zombies in BO2. Zombies was the reason I bought WaW and BO, but I think that they are fattening up Zombies too much now. I mean, 8 players? Team gametypes? The thing that worried me most was when Mark Lamia said that "...more isn't always better. Except with zombies." It just goes to show that Treyarch has adopted the idea that more stuff in Zombies is better, and I think that is what will cause it to go down the shitter. More features does not equal better. They are now focusing on getting as much crap into it as possible, rather than focusing on making it fun and intuitive. Just look at Moon. I think they REALLY got carried away with this map, and not in a good way. Having to worry about the oxygen levels, the necessity of having your whole team together JUST to get Jugg, and much more made this map too overcomplicated to even be much fun, and I think this is the direction Zombies is heading in. Two of my favorite maps are Shang and Five, which happen to be two of the least popular maps (Guess I'm in the minority here, huh?) because of how simple yet fun they are, and I also like that they are difficult and require team cooperation, BUT they don't force you to stay together like Moon does. That's just my two cents, I know many won't agree with me, but what is your opinion on Treyarch's new philosophy of more=better in Zombies?

I personally am ok with idea of fattening up zombies as you say, because while you use Moon as a negative example, I'd like to use it a positive one. I think becauseit is the Moon of all places it should be expected to make great things appear inside the map. In my eyes, Shangri-La was anything but simple, there's more stuff around the place then there is in Moon. I see where your concern is, and I understand what you mean, but I personally am not going to make a judgement until I get the first map in my hands.

Yeah that was kind of messed up. I remember seeing that on the news a few weeks back. It kind of brings the whole idea of it into perspective. I gotta say though, that was kinda random and probably belonged somewhere else. :? But it's all good. 8-) No worries.

Now in keeping with the conversation, I have to agree with Tac. Zombies would have went nowhere if they didn't go outside the box.(literally)The first map had nothing. One box and a few guns. If Treyarch stuck with the same thing this whole time, we would have nothing more than a box on the moon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I heard somewhere that there was a

Survival Mode

Multiplayer Mode

and a Story Mode

So i have heard

Where did you hear this?

It is on a leaked Se7ensins forum page. They leaked an image that there is a survival mode, which is basically the 4 person co-op I believe, and then a story mode in which it says 'You Will Understand Everything'. Seven Sins is notorious for posting correct things, however I don't believe it is likely Treyarch is making the original mode and story mode separate things, therefore you should take all of this with a large grain of salt.

I heard somewhere that there was a

Survival Mode

Multiplayer Mode

and a Story Mode

So i have heard

Where did you hear this?

It is on a leaked Se7ensins forum page. They leaked an image that there is a survival mode, which is basically the 4 person co-op I believe, and then a story mode in which it says 'You Will Understand Everything'. Seven Sins is notorious for posting correct things, however I don't believe it is likely Treyarch is making the original mode and story mode separate things, therefore you should take all of this with a large grain of salt.

Oh yeah, I've seen that image before. I though somebody came out and admitted to making it or something? Honestly, I would like to believe it, but I doubt it is real.

Zombies will be fine. the reason they are putting in gametypes is for the competitive zombie players. and they are puttung in 8 player because the maps are going to be huge that there will be too much room for 4 people.

With moon i think they did a fine job. if you didn't need to mind your oxygen level then that would be pretty occurred being in space without a suit. with the hacker i think they found a good balance because that way not everyone can get the hacker but that person wont be able to stay with it forever. the juggernog and speed cola at Area 51 was a good idea in my opinion, having the good perks in one area and the rest in the moon.

BTW. i hate five and Shang, not because they are bad maps but because is is too tight and you get no space except in some areas but you cant stay there forever.

moon was probably the best ending that they could have for Zombies. having you to stick together was probably the best thing for the conclusion for this chapter