Verruckt: Round 120 solo *New World Record*

Hey guys, so here's the finale video from my run to 120 on the Black Ops version of Verruckt, beating the previous record of 115 by Draculantern :D

Didn't go down until I suicided on round 120, was planning on buying all of the unused Quick Revives to prove that I haven't gone down but as you'll see in the video, didn't quite happen lol. Pretty obvious that I at least tried though, surely ;)

From rounds 25-60 I used a fast 2-trap strategy which is shown in the video, it was a bit risky so I started using just the one trap from then onwards.

This is the 8th Black Ops map I've been to round 100 on now! Nacht is a possibility but I'm not gonna make it a definite goal. COTD is just not happening for obvious reasons.

Enjoy!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You sir are my hero. [brains]

And it's amazing that you used both traps for so long without a mistake. That 2nd trap is horrible!

Thanks man, yeah it's all good all the while everything is going smoothly, you get a bad spawn while you're using that strategy though and you've got about 10% chance of surviving lol, I guess I was just using it and waiting for something bad to happen and I felt like I was taking the piss a bit by the time I got to round 60 so I slowed down.

I've still got a few things I'd like to with BO Jay, mainly just improvements on scores I already have, a 100 on Nacht would be nice and I'm certain I can get a 370 on No Man's Land. From there I think it's just No Perks challenges all the way ;)

I'm always on the lookout for a console on the cheap, might come across a bargain on a PS3 at the right time, who knows...

Aw yeah, the long awaited Verruckt round 120. :D

This man is a legend. Congratulations, Hands. You don't just deserve this record. You earned this record. Did you know that he played to round 80 on Verruckt (a feat in itself), and then his power went out? He then played it again. A back to back 80+ run on one of the hardest zombie maps to stay focused and stay alive in. Truly something to marvel at.

Ehj~

Thanks dudes, yeah as Eye pointed out I wasted a day getting to round 80 before my power went out, so this could have either been done a day earlier or I could have spent the extra time doing another 15-20 rounds... but the first 80 rounds are a lot more fun that the following so that doesn't sound cool :lol:

Wow super, now that's what really separates you from the rest of us. Being 80 rounds in then just having to restart from scratch. Shows a lot about you.

I was just on round 90 Der Riese. When I paused for the night, only to wake up to the game some how being closed. I tried starting another game that morning but I just didn't have it in me, quit at round 10. But now after seeing just how much patience some one like you can have. It really gives me the inspiration to give it another shot :D

Also as I said on YouTube great job on having complete what no other zombie slayer has done, 8/8 round 100s!!!

Thanks Riley, yeah I knew I had the time to do it this week and knew I might not have the time again at any point soon, so I was pretty determined.

I'd also love a 100 on Nacht, I think I could do it but as I said to Jimbo I'm not gonna bust my balls and keep trying it over and over again if I fail a couple of times.

COTD is just not happening for obvious reasons.

Have you tried a developing a flipper strategy on COTD? I guess in theory you could kill the entire hoard with it. Seems like it would be pretty difficult but if anyone could do it I assume it would be you.

It'd be an easy strategy, only problem is the flinger only makes zombies respawn so it doesn't actually kill them.

It'd be an easy strategy, only problem is the flinger only makes zombies respawn so it doesn't actually kill them.

Damn that stinks. I guess I've never noticed that they respawn. I guess you'll have to settle for 9/10 100's once you get Nacht done :lol: (That just sounds so ridiculous!)

Just out of curiosity, how long do you have to keep your xbox on for these runs?

Just out of curiosity, how long do you have to keep your xbox on for these runs?

I normally do these runs over 2-3 days depending on round and map. I play them on PC though, PCs are of course designed to be left on 24/7 so I don't have to worry about overheating/RROD/YLOD etc :D

• 8 months later...