Perk-a-Colas

what about a perk pack a punch machine :?: :?:

This was kind of what I was thinking but not quite. How about a mystery perk-a-cola machine? It would work much like the mystery box works.

It would be a set rate; $1500 sounds good.

There would be a variety of different perks included. Like the mystery box, normal perks would act like wall guns and not be available in this machine. (So Jugg and so on would only be available through it's own machine.)

The perks would range in effectiveness from great to near useless. On top of this you would have the option to take the perk or not (much like the mystery box).

There may be even amazing perks available that only one player can hold at a time. (Like a Wunder-Weapon).

And to add a fun twist perhaps even perks which hurt you, like something which makes you a zombie magnet so zombies are attracted to you in a far greater range. (Would be funny to see a noob grab that without realizing what it was :lol: )

Lastly, if such a thing was added into the game, I think there would need to be some sort of "perk manager" interface where you could switch out perks for others and wouldn't need to be downed to adjust your perk set-up.

Now I don't really know what would be in the machine but there's some good ideas above ;)

A mystery perk machine seems like a natural progression of zombie gameplay and would allow a wide variety of new perks with the benefit of only adding one machine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This idea could be done in CoDWaW very easily......

Change the revive timer to basically infinite, or just modify the script to be "Not dying until other players revive him"

But this perk should not be too expensive as it does not really includes in increasing players attribute.

My idea for pro perks is this. After you buy a perk you can pay go to the machine again and pay 1500 to upgrade it. Here's the effects:

Quick Revive: In solo, unlimited Mustang and Sally ammo while in Last Stand. (or whatever other weapon they use) In co-op, longer bleed-out time when in Last Stand.

Double Tap: No arming time for grenades and other equipment.

Jugger-Nog: Faster health recharge.

Speed Cola: Switch weapons faster.

PHD Flopper: Don't flinch or stop sprinting when hit.

Stamin-Up: Faster weapon draw after running.

Deadshot Daiquiri: Faster ADS.

Mule Kick: 6 lethal grenades and 4 tactical grenades.

Also, when you upgrade a perk, it's logo on your HUD changes from the pentagon shape to a star shape.

As you can probably tell, I did my best to make the extra effects helpful but not so helpful that they make the game too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

In many posts I have been saying about how I would like luck and chance to start taking a front row seat in zombies.

Perhaps a RANDOM perk machine, maybe you pay 3000 points (or more?) and as the name suggests you will randomly get a perk, anything from Jugg-Mule kick, if you get something that is cheaper than 3000 then you won't get the points back NO REFUND :twisted:,if you get something cheaper then it's a BARGAIN this may also be a good way to reduce the amount of machines on the map (I know they're creating a 'world' but there is a lot of machines), they could also add some hidden perks in this machine that you can only get from there, you could also get nothing and waste all of your points.

The machine could be put next to the mystery box or somewhere easier to get to than the other perks. Although somehow this machine would need to be appealing to use rather than saving up to buy other perks for the normal price.

Thing is would you roll the dice on this or would you rather save up? (This would be good for those, "Hey lets have a crazy RANDOM game of zombies")

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:D :D :D :D :D 100TH POST YAYAYAYAYAYAAYYYAYAY CODZ ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [brains]

This idea does sound quite creative, but there are several things wrong with this idea....

1. What if you get Deadshot? No refunds? I'd end up downing myself and having my partner revive me JUST TO GET RID OF Deadshot, if it were the only perk I had.

2. 3000 is a bit pricey, considering that there is only 1 perk that costs more than 3000 points. If this were ever put into CoD Zombies, I'd say 2000 is a good price, kind of like a Mystery Box-Style deal.

Shadow Cocktail

Cost: 3500

Flavour: Black Licorice

Description: If you go to a dark area, zombies will not be able to find you, as your body has taken on a darker color.

Soothing Scotch

Cost: 4000

Flavour: Scotch

Description: Relaxes your muscles, and makes you 50% more resistant to damage. (Great to combine with Juggernog) But, it also makes you sprint at 75% of your normal speed.