Perk-a-Colas

I'm sorry I refute everything, but a lot of these make no sense!

If we're going to have something outlandish like making more power-ups spawn, could we at least have some kind of explanation as to why they were made or how they work?!

Sorry.

Rant over.

Ok we're cool, these are some outlandish perks, but let's face it... Are any of these actually going to be put in the game? Might as well speak our minds!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good point Mocking Me, maye I`m taking it too seriously.

But still, I like to believe Knife-aid (quickly becoming my bastard son) can I say that? sorry) would be in the next game, as the topic says, what perks do you want in the next game?

Having a realistic perk is for people`s own good if they`re serious with their ideas.

two new perks one just came to my head right now

Name= Hammer Time Tequila

Cost= 1500

Effect= lets you rebuild barriers at a faster rate

Color= White

this one isn't really that useful but just thought i should put it anyways

Name= Dual Wield Whiskey

Cost= 4000

Effect= lets you dual wield any two weapons except LMG's and big wonder weapons like the

"Thunder Gun" or the "DG-2" also you cant dual wield two different guns, for example

the MP-40 and the M-16 you cant have that combo it has to be two of the same

guns.

Color= Golden

this is one perk that i would like to see in the game

These are good ideas so far. I hope 3arc really does keep an eye on these forums.

I really like the duel wield perk idea and the Knife-Aid. Here are some of mine.

Blue Ox Super charged: "Blue Ox give you balls" would add to your already existing perks making them more powerful or "upgraded". IE; Jug would take more hits to go down. Speed would be faster etc.. $5000

Pack-rat Sasparilla: Will allow player to carry 25% more ammo and 1 more grenade. upgraded would add 1 more tac grenade and perk slot. $2500

The next few are activatable "perks" that would sit in the players d-pad inventory until used by the player.

Grape Ka-Boom: A one time use nuke that the player would activate. Only the the activating player would get points. $4000

Zombie Juice: A one time use item with the effects of the upgraded vril shot on a player in cotd. $3000

Revive Plus: Would allow player to revive self if downed. $2500

These machines would only allow one player at a time to purchase a certain item. When a player has already bought it a big Sold Out sign will appear on it. Also you will only be allowed to buy one D-pad perk at a time.

I just thought of this crappy one.

Saving Throw

Requires Prerequesite Juggernog

Cost-6000-8000

What it does-When you are surrounded and are blinking red from hits, (you have Juggernog), grenades bounce out and explode, dealing damage to the zombies around you. It will temporarily throw them back allowing you to get to saftey. Used 3 times before you have to buy it again.

WealthShare - Green

Cost 2000 - Flavour - Champagne

Every round 10% of your money, is shared out between everyone in the game. *Note* The solo effect is that you get 5% of your money*

Pro WealthShare - Upgrade +2000

Every round 20% of your money is shared and you get 10% of your money given to you.

ButterCocktail - Yellow

Cost 3500 - Flavour - Melted Butter

While running into zombies, you get a 30% chance to push them aside, making them stumble.

Pro ButterCocktail - Upgrade +2000

While running into zombies, you get a 60% chance to push them aside and stumble and with Stamin-Up its 80%

Previous Perks

BloodLine - Dark Red

Cost 2000 - Flavour - Red Wine

*NOTE* For this to work, when someone dies until they respawn their body must stay, where they died*

When someone is downed, you may spend 2000 points on getting them back up, with all guns they had.

Pro BloodLine - Upgrade +2000

When bring someone back, out of their perks they get one randomly selected and get it back.

Steam Bru - Grey/Black

Cost 2500 - Flavour - Hot Ash/Burnt (not nice)

When this perk is bought, there is a 25% chance zombies in 2 meter radius will light on fire. Slowly killing them, but takes time.

Pro Steam Bru - 40% chance zombies catch on fire and bullets have 30% chance of lighting zombies on fire.

*Note* Too me this may be abit OP, so negative effect.*

Negative Effect - Running into water will make you lose this perk and put zombies out.

I can't read that color...

sry looked fine on my laptop here it is:

WealthShare - Green

Every round 10% of your money, is shared out between everyone in the game. *Note* The solo effect is that you get 5% of your money*

Pro WealthShare - Upgrade +2000

Every round 20% of your money is shared and you get 10% of your money given to you.

ButterCocktail - Yellow

Cost 3500 - Flavour - Melted Butter

While running into zombies, you get a 30% chance to push them aside, making them stumble.

Pro ButterCocktail - Upgrade +2000

While running into zombies, you get a 60% chance to push them aside and stumble and with Stamin-Up its 80%

Previous Perks

BloodLine - Dark Red

Cost 2000 - Flavour - Red Wine

*NOTE* For this to work, when someone dies until they respawn their body must stay, where they died*

When someone is downed, you may spend 2000 points on getting them back up, with all guns they had.

Pro BloodLine - Upgrade +2000

When bring someone back, out of their perks they get one randomly selected and get it back.

Steam Bru - Grey/Black

When this perk is bought, there is a 25% chance zombies in 2 meter radius will light on fire. Slowly killing them, but takes time.

Pro Steam Bru - 40% chance zombies catch on fire and bullets have 30% chance of lighting zombies on fire.

*Note* Too me this may be abit OP, so negative effect.*

Negative Effect - Running into water will make you lose this perk and put zombies out.

Ok my critisism nerves are uncontainable...

1 sharing your money... Not the best plan for a perk... Plus as tankeo pointed out... Why would scientist invent that?

2 there are likely not going to have pro perks... With juggernog being too hard to kill and whatnot....

3 it shouldn't be 30% chance of knocking a zombie over, it should be 100% chance of knocking a zombie out of the way... But only while running...

4 no.... Once you lose your guns... Their gone.... Sorry I don't feel this should ever be changed...

5 stepping in water kills a perk? That would be the most frusterating thing ever! But I like the idea, but don't let it work with grenades or knifing, you never know when you need a crawler....

sry looked fine on my laptop here it is:

WealthShare - Green

ButterCocktail - Yellow

Cost 3500

BloodLine - Dark Red

Cost 2000

Steam Bru - Grey/Black

@WealthShare idea

I think this is a good idea because the idea for sharing points was already implemented into the latest installment of zombies, Moon. The method of sharing points was also tedious and therefore I believe a better method should be created. So, an idea like this isn't far-fetched and I don't think the literal zombie players should be bothered over the idea of sharing points for the simple fact that you gain those points by damaging/killing zombies. That doesn't have an explanation and IMO, it doesn't need one. The point system is simply used to enhance gameplay and have a currency system; upon which the game of zombies is based.

Next, I think the percentage of your nonpro version of the perk seems fine. Since we don't know if pro perks will be in the game I can't judge what the pro version should accomplish. I do just want to say that this seems like a valid perk idea and I would purchase it in later rounds when I'm trying to help my team out if they are struggling. The percentages and overall effect of the perk could be innovated, but I really think it would be useful and should be implemented in some way to the next Zombie game.

@ButterCocktail My concerns with this perk are gameplay related and I'm concerned it would be OP. Perhaps, if after purchasing the perk, the ability to stumble zombies was user-controlled (via a button input of some sort with a cool down) I can see it being valid and not OP. I'm not trying to boast by saying this, but the game of zombies is already pretty easy once you've put in the time and learned the maps and strategies for those maps. Not to mention the skill of kiting. So, in order for such a game-changing and difficulty-reducing perk to be implemented, the game or maps would have to increase in difficulty in some way, making the older techniques obsolete.

@Bloodline This is an interesting perk idea. This would most likely be for lower tier players who expect to go down or perhaps for players who got lucky with the box and want to retain their coveted wonder weapons. I'm unsure if the perk should be expensive or not. On one hand it is pretty powerful because a player wouldn't be in a rush to revive the downed player, and the alive player could simply just kite all of the zombies and pick up the player whenever he/she desired. In fact, that is pretty overpowered when thought about it in that way. So, because of that new strategy that would be used, I think the perk idea is OP. The penalty of not reviving your teammate in time should remain that you need to clutch the round without him/her, and simultaneously the dead player should have to wait until the next round to play.

@Steam Brew I'm afraid to say that this idea instantly set off alarms. The idea that a perk would allow you to slowly kill zombies just by coming in close contact with them sounds very OP in a kiting strategy. If a player had the patience, he/she could easily make high rounds simply by kiting and killing off the zombies slowly; which is the easiest way to train (killing zombies a few at a time) although it would take ages. However, let me ask how exactly you imagine this perk would work. So, if you take the 25% chance literally, the first horde would allow you to alight 6 zombies, and then the next 6 to spawn have the same chance of lighting on fire? So, 1 or 2 of those zombies would start on fire. If the perk operated like that, maybe the perk wouldn't be as OP as I'm imagining.

However, there are other options to consider (I know this is getting tedious and very analytic). On a map like moon the zombies will respawn as you move to the opposite ends of the map. So, if this trend continues into BO2, imagine how it would work for instance, on Moon. You could spawn them all in the Biodome (everyone's favorite!) set 6 on fire and let them die, then you could move to the control room fast enough (or anywhere over there just far enough to make the zombies respawn) and then kill off another 6, then repeat the cycle. I know this sounds ridiculous and I would never play like that, but people could exploit the game in such a way.

Overall, I like the creative ideas. Some of your perk ideas might just need a little tweaking and more thought on how they will affect gameplay, while I feel others don't have a place in zombies because of possible exploitation. GJ.

**These are all just my opinions and I'm sure I had a few oversights here or there**

Regards,

Smooth

You buy the perk maybe named "Last Long" - (also a penis reference joke) or "Last Long Stance" and if your playing with other people and you go down with this perk you'll last the whole round without dying out like you normally would and once your teammate can revive you he wont have to be pressured by time or zombies now and if he starts a new round without reviving you maybe accidentally getting a ka boom, youll get up on your own once that round starts.

so basically if you buy this perk on multiplayer youll be ensuring your weapons that you worked on getting out the box the whole game will be with you still because you didn't die out.

So if you buy "last long" on solo even though its really designed for multiplayer the effects of you going down with "Last Long" are whatever perk you bought first will be saved if you get up if you have quick revive. So if you go down on solo and have Last Long, the first perk you purchased will be saved when you get up.

and thats it let me know what you think.

I thought of Zombie Dew: it doubles the power of all perks.

Quick Revive: allows you to be revived by yourself on multiplayer.

Juggernog: allows you to walk underwater.

Stammin-Up: allows zombies to fly as you run pass them.

Sleight of Hand: you reload and you won't be able to see it reload!

Double Tap Root-Beer: allows insta-kill for 20 rounds.

Dead Shot: allows you to aim at their heads and show color of how strong the zombies are.

Mule Kick: allows you to have four guns (five for my guns).

Well, I liked the slip and slide idea, how bout in addition to all those things you said you automatically get up after you dive and you can shoot while sliding, I never understood why you can't shoot and dive simeltaniously.

I also have a few more ideas:

Bloodbath

Flavor: Cherry

You would regain health if you were splashed with blood, the blood would be absorbed into you're skin. The more blood you absorb the more health you get. Also from time to time while knifing you preform a gruesome finishing move and knock all the zombies around you back save the unfortunate victim. The finisher could be like tearing the zombie's throat out with your teeth or ripping his heart out temple of doom style and eating it. The jingle would be heavy metal.

Price: 4000

Frenzy

Flavor: Orange Drink

As you kill more zombies and take more hits you're knifing would get faster and throw the zombies back after a knife (with gradually increasing distances). Eventually you would go berserk and run at 3x the speed, knife at 5x the rate and the screen could have inverted colors. It would only last for 10 seconds or so. Going into water or having steam blasted at you would reset your rage progress and so would getting downed. The challenge with this perk would be knifing at the round you could afford it would be incredibly hard and you could hurt your teammates while in rage. Your screen would be obscured so you can't tell friend from foe too. The jingle would be like the theme to an anime cartoon paying homage to DBZ upon like this perk is so much like.

Price: 6000

Curveball

Flavor: Salty like popcorn and peanuts

You're thrown weapons would curve like boomerangs (mostly right at the zombies) and do damage upon impact, throwing knives (or tomahawks) would be insta-kills. The impact damage also applies to grenades, the damage would be measured by proximity, this could also make you throw great distances too. The jingle would be like Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Price: 2500

If I stole any ideas unintentionally I'm sorry, it's getting late and I don't have time to browse, I'll post MOAR in the MOARning

Quad-shot

Flavor: Grape

Every weapon that fires in 3 round bursts would fire four instead, a very powerful perk indeed when coupled with double tap. It's jingle would be rap.

Price: 2000

Duelist Brew

Flavor: Caramel

You would dish out twice as much damage and run 1.5x as fast, the downside is you would have half as much ammo, get half as much points and not benefit from max ammo. Double points would allow you to get points as normal as long as its active. You would also have half as much health so you would die in one hit without Juggernog. Zombies also run at twice the speed. This would essentially put the game into hardcore for you. The jingle would be Arabian music.

Price: 1500 (would always be in starting room)

Quad shot- good idea, not rap though, these are made with cowboy and rock themes only...

Deulest brew... No absolutely not it would ruin the whole reason of buying juggernog! It's terrible and would keep me from wanting to get all perks...

Bloodbath: how would you get more health? It's four jug hits dead... Permanently... No tears in the rule...

Frenzy: don't like how I can hurt my freinds....

Curve Ball... This gives me nightmares! 1 throwing knifes and tomahawks will likely never be in zombies... 2 frags that come back? Who would want a perk like this?!?

Well, bloodbath would keep you going in a knife streak and maybe curveball could make frags explode upon impact. As for duelist yeah, I didn't really think that one through very well...

Actually if only you knocked people over in rage then it would be pretty balanced and with juggernog and duelist it would take 3 hits to kill you.

I got some new perks for you to taste though:

Money farmer

Taste: Watermellon and manure

You would get +10% points for every action you do, it would cost 5000 and have to be bought early on in the game to payoff later possible crippling them by starving them of points. The theme would be bluegrass

Relaxitave

Taste: Blueberry

Zombies in a 3 foot radius around you would move the same ratio as you would normally. Ok, let's say you're prone, the zombies would only move at a ratio of zombie to player, let's say a walking guy moves at speed 10 while a zombie moves at speed 6. When crouching the player moves at speed 5, that means the zombie would move at speed 3. If the player went prone however and halved his speed the zombies speed would be 1.5. Following me? This also works while sprinting effectivealy making the zombies faster and as fast as they normally would be to you. This odd perk can be used to slow down the horde allowing for teammates to make a getaway or lead zombies away faster. This perk makes it impossible for zombies to catch you until you hit a corner, also if zombies ever become faster than you than you're pretty much screwed since zombies will always move faster than you if you get near. It's jingle would be Regae the price? 8000 points.

Double tap and dead shot are'nt the only sodas with themes y'know.

Relaxitave

Zombies in a 3 foot radius around you would move the same ratio as you would normally. Ok, let's say you're prone, the zombies would only move at a ratio of zombie to player, let's say a walking guy moves at speed 10 while a zombie moves at speed 6. When crouching the player moves at speed 5, that means the zombie would move at speed 3. If the player went prone however and halved his speed the zombies speed would be 1.5. Following me? This also works while sprinting effectivealy making the zombies faster and as fast as they normally would be to you. This odd perk can be used to slow down the horde allowing for teammates to make a getaway or lead zombies away faster. This perk makes it impossible for zombies to catch you until you hit a corner, also if zombies ever become faster than you than you're pretty much screwed since zombies will always move faster than you if you get near. It's jingle would be Regae the price? 8000 points.

This would be bad cause one player could crouch slowing them down but still moving. then someone else could just spray them, and it would make things to easy, since if a zombie was sprinting at you he would suddenly slow down.

Well, bloodbath would keep you going in a knife streak and maybe curveball could make frags explode upon impact. As for duelist yeah, I didn't really think that one through very well...

Actually if only you knocked people over in rage then it would be pretty balanced and with juggernog and duelist it would take 3 hits to kill you.

Money farmer

You would get +10% points for every action you do, it would cost 5000 and have to be bought early on in the game to payoff later possible crippling them by starving them of points. The theme would be bluegrass

Relaxitave

My mom said, if you don't have anything nice to say about something don't say anything at all.

Name: Back-up Beer. The name comes from the idea that the perk "has your back" with it's useful effects.

Cost: 1500

Effects: When you are hit by a zombie that zombie that hit you dies but you still would take damage like normal. This keeps the player from being killed by a single zombie but you can still be easily killed in a crowd. Also if you are trapped in a crowd and a zombie hits you with this perk it could open up a gap in the crowd that you could easily escape through if you're quick enough. Also you would cycle through weapons faster, knife faster, throw grenades faster (both lethal and tactical) and when you go down you let off a mini nuke similar to that of a headshot on a screamer zombie or when you kill a cosmonaunt.

Color: Blue

Taste: Minty fresh salmon

Money farmer

Relaxitave

My mom said, if you don't have anything nice to say about something don't say anything at all.

I disagree, if given the point and reason it is perfectly ok to say something mean...

Ok then. :twisted:

With all due respect, I really hate these ideas.

Perks enhance Natural capabilities, they can't be made to just have wonderful effects. With the Point farmer thing, scientists creating a perk soda would want to increase the capabilities of their perfect soldier, points didn't even exist when they were around. They are a tool used by Sam/tofen to enhance it's little game with the survivors, and keep the gameplay balanced.

And I just don't see how relaxitive (a very creative perk though ;) ) would be physically possible. I can't even think of a semi-plausible explanation. You could generate some quantum field, but I don't even know what that is or what it would do.

I'm ranting a lot on this thread aren't I :oops:

But these things need to be said!

Off topic: Nice to see you around so much Alter, welcome to the site.