The Shangri-La and Mars Connection

Tac

Tac i think you are wrong on this account. There are far to many holes in your theroy that you are replying with the sentance "Its the Vril-ya". Let me quote you something from a very intelligent man "It is a huge mistake to theorise before one has data, inevitably one begins to twist facts to suit theories rather than theories to suit facts"

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tac i think you are wrong on this account. There are far to many holes in your theroy that you are replying with the sentance "Its the Vril-ya". Let me quote you something from a very intelligent man "It is a huge mistake to theorise before one has data, inevitably one begins to twist facts to suit theories rather than theories to suit facts"

We were joking about that the other day: gun sounds in space? Vril-Ya. Tsunami hit Japan? Vril-Ya. Xbox Live is down? Vril-Ya.

I do agree with what you said, I am now looking into more earth-like places, such as a canyon. If you no clip, and go look at the image up close, at the bottom you can see shrubs growing, and its pretty much literally a picture of a canyon.

• Administrators

I believe their still on Earth in Tibet because Brock mentioned in one of the radios that the structure (Shangri-La) could be proven as a true gateway to Argatha, a legendary city that is said to reside in the Earth's core. To the Buddhist's Argatha is known as Argathi. Theosophists in particular regard Argathi as a vast complex of caves underneath Tibet inhabited by evil demons called asuras (Or in black ops case, possibly the zombies). Its more likely that their somewhere in Tibet but this is just a theory.

Correct, Shangri-La is the gateway to Agartha. However, I think that Shangri-La was on the Earth was Brock and Gary were there, as well as Maxis when he created the JGB weapon, since the name is coordinates to the Himalayas.

You all have the right to think what you want, but there is absolutely no reason to assholes about it like you are FatedTitan. Don't say we aren't on Mars until you know or at least have a logical countertheory to what they mean about the mountains. Just because you may not understand the story like us or the fact that there is such a thing as the Vril-ya, it does not give you the right to be a dick. You are exaggerating my words into something they are not, I have never said that the Vril-ya have anything to do with Nikolai's wives, and I know you are being sarcastic and that you aren't saying I ever did, but right now I feel that you are, as you say, "ridiculous". Feel free to do any amount of research you want, but I believe you will come up with nothing. I respect the fact you disagree, but not the way you went around saying it.

And I am not theorizing before I have data, I have many accounts of data that makes logical sense if you all are willing to actually believe that the story isn't what you think it is. People, not fenny, this isn't directed at you, are talking about the realistic aspect of Zombies and there is not secrets like this in history or in the game. I guess I forgot that Area 51 having a teleporter to the Moon, Aliens, Zombies, Teleporters in general, Die Glocke and its implications, Vril-ya, VRIL, and Aether, to name a few, were all so incredibly realistic.

Again, I respect all your opinions, and I apologize for ranting, I just dislike the way that many of you went about it.

Do you see what I mean though? Why would it matter? Why would they wait til NOW, to tell us that a map in the past is not where we thought it was? In your theory, it is on mars. On Shooter's theory it is in Antarctica. I think it is just in some jungle over there by the myans and such. At the end of it, we end in Moon. Or better yet, a city somewhere(BLOP2). On that note, that does add more evidence to Shooter's theory.

What if Treyarch wanted to make sure we seen the transcript, to put two and two together for the new map. I know the map has been nearly confirmed on here as being in NJ, but what if the map is actually the "shining city" that the Admiral seen? I know it's far fetched, but I could see that being a hint. I still think that it is kind of pointless to bring it up NOW. After Moon and all the changes we already have endured, they decide to change a map's location? I don't know man.

Could you point me in the direction of where you read that Byrd was actually looking for Hollow Earth and following U-boat and capturing one of them?

According to his journal entry from the event, he mentions nothing of U-boats. It appears he was not planning to find Hollow Earth, hence his suprise when discovering the mountain range, velley, etc. The discovery is completely by accident, as well as the journey into Inner Earth.

In his journal, he mentions a TYPE of swastika. I think most people have jumped to the conclusion that this a a Nazi swastika he was describing. But it's not. Byrd would have specified it was a Nazi symbol, but he instead describes a "type" of swastika. Think the swastika symbol seen on the doors of Shangri La.

[ Image ]

If you could point me in the direction where Byrd actually mentions seeing the U boats and capturing one, that'd be awesome. Thanks man.

Originally posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12412&start=30#p164493

Part 1

MY5NdtIEXoA

5:50 This guy can impersonate Brock like a BOSS!

BTW, Brock and Gary are architypse from the characters Lidenbrock and Axel from Jules Verne (1864) novel, A Journey to the Center of the Earth

Part 2

JbxqLFUOQ5o

4:20 Hitler and Hollow Earth Connection

5:30 German U-boats in Antartic Waters. Listen to the story about U-boat 209 that dissappeared. Is this the same submarine we see in CotD?

Part3

iQ9uose9R7U

0:25 Admiral Byrd is followed by a star UFO

Enjoy

- Mix

Interesting stuff man. Thanks alot! I remember reading the OP. But I don't quite see how this disproves my theory of Shangri La's Arctic location. In fact quite the contrary, it only confirms that they are indeed following the journal entries of Admiral Byrd.

First his encounters with the U boat carrying ancient treasures (Vril Device), putting their own take on the location, submarine, etc. Then he finds a city that seems to match characteristics of Shangri La.

This is not a coincidence.

The thread is in the works right now, but there's LOTS of connections.

Interesting stuff man. Thanks alot! I remember reading the OP. But I don't quite see how this disproves my theory of Shangri La's Arctic location. In fact quite the contrary, it only confirms that they are indeed following the journal entries of Admiral Byrd.

First his encounters with the U boat carrying ancient treasures (Vril Device), putting their own take on the location, submarine, etc. Then he finds a city that seems to match characteristics of Shangri La.

This is not a coincidence.

The thread is in the works right now, but there's LOTS of connections.

There are a few rumored locations as to the entrance of Hollow Earth. The Arctic poles are one, and Tibet is another. These aren't necessarily the location of Shangri la, but where the entrances to this mythical land are located. I believe the BO Zombies story caters to both mythologies. There's plenty of evidence in Shagri la that suggest it's located in SW Asia.

Richtofen and the crew got to Shangri la from CotD. Even if they did it by using a teleporter, it still sticks to the mythology that the gateway to Shangri la is at this arctic location.

Again I find it a natural progression that we go from CotD to Shangri la, based off of the legends of Admiral Richard E. Byrd. I just see the Byrd connect more directly in the form of CotD easter egg.

• Administrators

Do you see what I mean though? Why would it matter? Why would they wait til NOW, to tell us that a map in the past is not where we thought it was? In your theory, it is on mars. On Shooter's theory it is in Antarctica. I think it is just in some jungle over there by the myans and such. At the end of it, we end in Moon. Or better yet, a city somewhere(BLOP2). On that note, that does add more evidence to Shooter's theory.

What if Treyarch wanted to make sure we seen the transcript, to put two and two together for the new map. I know the map has been nearly confirmed on here as being in NJ, but what if the map is actually the "shining city" that the Admiral seen? I know it's far fetched, but I could see that being a hint. I still think that it is kind of pointless to bring it up NOW. After Moon and all the changes we already have endured, they decide to change a map's location? I don't know man.

I don't think they decided to change it, I think it's always been on Mars.

1005 Hours- I alter altitude to 1400 feet and execute a sharp left turn to better examine the valley below. It is green with either moss or a type of tight knit grass. The Light here seems different. I cannot see the Sun anymore. We make another left turn and we spot what seems to be a large animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant! NO!!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet, there it is! Decrease altitude to 1000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed - it is definitely a mammoth-like animal! Report this to base camp.

Am I the only one who instantly thought of the elephant (or mammoth?) that can be clearly heard near the easter egg door in Call of the Dead?

For the record, this thread is amazing. This is exactly what those developers on Twitter wanted to start with those tweets, and that is what makes them awesome. :D

I think it is just in some jungle over there by the myans and such.

Wow. That's why you shouldn't comment on these threads. There is a lot wrong with that statement.

As to why they would want us to know of the location after the fact. Well maybe it directly ties into the narrative for Blops2, and wanted to be sure we were all on the same page.

I think it is just in some jungle over there by the myans and such.

Wow. That's why you shouldn't comment on these threads. There is a lot wrong with that statement.

As to why they would want us to know of the location after the fact. Well maybe it directly ties into the narrative for Blops2, and wanted to be sure we were all on the same page.

I think he didn't even bother to read the actual posts that are in this thread and just added his 2 cents.

In my opinion, I believe that it matters because it is key to the story line and might be brought back up in Black Ops II. I think everyone has completely missed something huge in Shangri-La and the developers decided to finally hint at that thing we have missed. Shangri-La's loading screen has been the only one I have never understood. It didn't exactly look like the map and I never understood why that tornado/wormhole was there. They have to be a big part of the map. We, as a community, must have missed some detail that Treyarch put in there. I think all of these theories are necessary to help find an answer to what we have missed. It can't be coincidental.

no afense or how you spell it tac but i watched a documentary on mars and if you dont have some sort of special suit the dust on mars is more than razor sharp so you would have approximtly 2.3 seconds if that to survive and no air supply and and brock and gary wouldnt be alive either even if the tornado part is correct and if i turn out to be wrong you have the right to yell "BUUUUURN"

On the contrary, I did read all of the threads and I still feel the same. By me saying over by the myans, I merely meant in a jungle somewhere similar to the view on where the myans were. Do not judge my friend, it will leave you looking stupid in the end. And when it is confirmed that it is relevant to the story, I will have no problem with you saying things like "I don't belong here". Until then, ALL OF THIS IS SPECULATION. I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. If you don't like it, fine, but I don't remember asking you. :twisted: So: No, I do not believe it is on Mars or Antarctica because "it might be relevant" is not confirmed, to me.

And to Valor: I agree that threads like these are relevant and I never said they weren't. I don't understand how a map's location matters. I think it is stupid on Treyarch's part (if it ends up being the case), not Tac's or Shooter's. I love the theories and they were great reads, each and every one. I am not Trolling, trust me. It just seems to easy for them to just make that up. If anything, I do believe that Shooter is on to something. I just think it is kinda half ass. The build up of the hint was not worth the outcome in my eyes. "BEST KEPT ZOMBIE SECRET" PSSSHHHHH. Please.

I agree. It is just very hard for me to register Shangri-la with ice and snow. Really though, that is the only thing I can't get. Then again, the admiral couldn't understand it either. I always wondered why we heard elephants or "mammoths" at the end of the COTD easter egg, but we only SEEN monkeys and bugs. It was merely to connect the stories. I don't think the location is as relevant as the actual transcript though. Shangri-la was still the entrance to Agartha before we "knew" it was in Antarctica. I love the flight log entries. The guy in the space ship or "swastika disc" sounds a whole lot like Richtofen if you ask me. "Speaking English with German accent." Even the dialogue sounds very much like him. I know it is popular belief that the "VRIL-YA" did it, :lol: ,but I think the ufo's had the capabilities built in. If they could manipulate gravity, I'm sure they could take control of simple flight mechanisms. This paragraph took me off guard:

EDIT 1:

1145 Hours- I am making a hasty last entry in the flight log. Several men are approaching on foot toward our aircraft. They are tall with blond hair. In the distance is a large shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. I do not know what is going to happen now, but I see no signs of weapons on those approaching. I hear now a voice ordering me by name to open the cargo door. I comply.

Several MEN are approaching on foot, and they are tall with blonde hair. Now it is no secret the nazis viewed blonde haired people as having the best genes. Having a voice portrayed as German/English, an interestingly close dialogue, and having German decent for attributes, I can see Treyarch using this person as Rictofen.

The next line describes a shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. To me, this sounds like a big city with lots of neon lights. (Las Vegas for an example) This city is off the grid, however. They could be talking about Shangri-la, but as was said before, it has the potential to be a future map or at least more to the story. Treyarch has given sneak peaks of a city type map called "The Map" on their computer. It includes diners and churches and resembles NJ. This could in fact, be a secret Nazi CITY in Antarctica, not just a base.

EDIT 2: MAN this stuff just keeps piling on. OK. The nazis not only possessed blonde hair, they were developing anti-gravity propulsion. They were the first ones to try it. With Die Glocke being implemented as a teleporter, where were all the other variations of it? Nothing else was spoken about it since Der Riese. Hannebu 1 and its prototypes? V-1 through V-7? Until now nothing was mentioned. This is also interesting that it could be the reincorporation of ufos into zombies.

To add to Shangri-La being in Antarctica, ever wondered why there is a fire zombie and what looks like a wind/ice zombie? This is possibly why. Shangri-la is in Antarctica, but is the entrance to hollow earth. I'm sure the zombies met their doom (or met 115) here during different times. One turned during a windy snow storm, the other fell into the earth. It might be wrong but hey, it's all speculation.

I agree. It is just very hard for me to register Shangri-la with ice and snow. Really though, that is the only thing I can't get. Then again, the admiral couldn't understand it either. I always wondered why we heard elephants or "mammoths" at the end of the COTD easter egg, but we only SEEN monkeys and bugs. It was merely to connect the stories. I don't think the location is as relevant as the actual transcript though. Shangri-la was still the entrance to Agartha before we "knew" it was in Antarctica. I love the flight log entries. The guy in the space ship or "swastika disc" sounds a whole lot like Richtofen if you ask me. "Speaking English with German accent." Even the dialogue sounds very much like him. I know it is popular belief that the "VRIL-YA" did it, :lol: ,but I think the ufo's had the capabilities built in. If they could manipulate gravity, I'm sure they could take control of simple flight mechanisms. This paragraph took me off guard:

EDIT 1:

1145 Hours- I am making a hasty last entry in the flight log. Several men are approaching on foot toward our aircraft. They are tall with blond hair. In the distance is a large shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. I do not know what is going to happen now, but I see no signs of weapons on those approaching. I hear now a voice ordering me by name to open the cargo door. I comply.

Several MEN are approaching on foot, and they are tall with blonde hair. Now it is no secret the nazis viewed blonde haired people as having the best genes. Having a voice portrayed as German/English, an interestingly close dialogue, and having German decent for attributes, I can see Treyarch using this person as Rictofen.

The next line describes a shimmering city pulsating with rainbow hues of color. To me, this sounds like a big city with lots of neon lights. (Las Vegas for an example) This city is off the grid, however. They could be talking about Shangri-la, but as was said before, it has the potential to be a future map or at least more to the story. Treyarch has given sneak peaks of a city type map called "The Map" on their computer. It includes diners and churches and resembles NJ. This could in fact, be a secret Nazi CITY in Antarctica, not just a base.

EDIT 2: MAN this stuff just keeps piling on. OK. The nazis not only possessed blonde hair, they were developing anti-gravity propulsion. They were the first ones to try it. With Die Glocke being implemented as a teleporter, where were all the other variations of it? Nothing else was spoken about it since Der Riese. Hannebu 1 and its prototypes? V-1 through V-7? Until now nothing was mentioned. This is also interesting that it could be the reincorporation of ufos into zombies.

To add to Shangri-La being in Antarctica, ever wondered why there is a fire zombie and what looks like a wind/ice zombie? This is possibly why. Shangri-la is in Antarctica, but is the entrance to hollow earth. I'm sure the zombies met their doom (or met 115) here during different times. One turned during a windy snow storm, the other fell into the earth. It might be wrong but hey, it's all speculation.

I'm releasing the thread about it tonight.

There are lots of connections! :)

Do not judge my friend, it will leave you looking stupid in the end.

Just like you did with Shang being linked to the Mayans lol.

If you don't like it, fine, but I don't remember asking you

Just as I'm sure Tac and Shooter didn't ask you to come on here and dispute their theories with absolutely nothing to back up your claims aside from your assertion that "It's stupid and childish".

So please if you would like actually contribute please do, but pulling crap out of you ass then becoming defensive when somebody calls you on it doesn't help.

Also if you read my post then you would know I don't believe Shang is on Mars either, but I respect the time and effort put into the thread.

So have nice day DeathB4, no need to reply. We can agree to disagree here and still be friends on another thread.

I'm pretty sure I'm with deathb4. I think this thread is an example of over analyzation.

Shangri-La's not in Antartica because there's no ice. It's not in the distant past because of the technology present, so it can't be when it's warm either.

Shangri-La's not on Mars because Mars cannot support life. Even if it was in the distant past, which we know it wasn't, Mars would be less red during the era in which is supported life.

The game says they're in a jungle:

"A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle. Where the undead lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps and dark secrets."

They never SAY it's in the Himalayas, so I suppose it is possible, but extremely unlikely. The term "Shangri-La" in itself means that it is in the Himalayas. It'd be like going to Moon to find out that you're actually on Asteroid.

Amazing thread Tac! Lots of effort put in to it. I would be more inclined to agree with Shooter's theory though. Here's why

1. The tornado seen in the loading screen could be happening due to activity in the poles. Lots of mysterious things happen around the poles. Northern Lights, meteor showers and even solar flares have been documented in the poles

2. In Admiral Byrd's diary, he expresses his shock when suddenly the snow disappears and he is surrounded by flora. He also documents a rise in temperature. It is almost like he discovers a world within a world. We aren't aware of Shangri-La being in the Arctic because we see a hot area full of trees, waterfalls and ancient tombs, which ties in with the Admiral's theory that the Arctic's characteristics just disappeared the further he went on his journey

3. The zombies found in Shangri-La do not look like other zombies. They have symbols tattooed all over there bodies. They are more decayed and diseased looking than previous zombies we've encountered. This could possibly be the Vril-Ya we are fighting. They are an ancient civilization, therefore their bodies have had more time to decay. Also, with time travel tied into the story of the map, maybe we are further into the future where the bodies have had even more time to decay.

4. The 115 rocks found in Shangri-La could mean 2 things. This rock is associated with the Vril-ya and it may not be as extraterrestrial as we think. It may be native to this ancient land. In high concentrations this rock could possibly cause complications with machinery which is why the place is powered by hydro power and not electricity as seen in previous maps. This is also further shown when Admiral Byrd's aircraft shuts down.

Or, the Arctic's position on the poles could mean it is susceptible to meteor showers. Due to the area being in secrecy the inhabitants probably hid the rock underground to mine it. This could also be why the zombies are covered in boils as the exposure to the radiation from the rock could be cancerous.

This is just my 2 cents on the theory. Great thread Tac!

Wow the logical progression in this thread has been amazing to read. Ever since the "mountains" tweets I've been following this conversation and digging it more each day.

I have to chime in, because I believe that on page 3 some incredible points have been made - mostly regarding the way the zombies ARE in Shangri-la.

3. The zombies found in Shangri-La do not look like other zombies. They have symbols tattooed all over there bodies. They are more decayed and diseased looking than previous zombies we've encountered. This could possibly be the Vril-Ya we are fighting. They are an ancient civilization, therefore their bodies have had more time to decay. Also, with time travel tied into the story of the map, maybe we are further into the future where the bodies have had even more time to decay.

I'm not seeing these tattoo symbols you speak of, but I haven't played the map in a while so perhaps the pictures below aren't HQ enough to display them (the top 2 are pretty 'effin HQ though). Either way it's so true that these zombies are different (the boils, more decayed) - but the biggest difference to me is that there are female zombies. This indicates that rather then the typical sausage party military compounds on other maps, it's possible a civilization of men, women and probably children once existed on this location (significance?)

this clothing is definitely not military, or tourist. Is that a blood stain on the females lower right shirt, or is it a Asian character of some sort?

To add to Shangri-La being in Antarctica, ever wondered why there is a fire zombie and what looks like a wind/ice zombie?

This blue wind/ice(?) zombie is quite the enigma, why WOULD he exist in this map? Could his turban symbolize anything in support of the theory(ies)?

awesome thread Tac, and awesome contributions everyone else!

The Zombies are definately posthumous. As in HUMAN. Vril-Ya are NOT human, they are subhuman. A subspecies. A human could breed with a Vril-Ya, but a couple thousand more years of isolation and they would speciate. They have physical differences. For example, Vril-Ya are taller. They have elongated heads. They are redder. They also each carry a staff and have mechanical wings.

The Zombies in Shangri-La are Asian Zombies. Just villagers who inhabited Shangri-La. The Vril-Ya would be underneath it.

Btw, yes the look different. They are central Asian Zombies. So it's obvious that they'll be different from typical Nazis, Soviets, Americans, or Japanese.

OK, look. I can only post the same thing so many times before I start getting warned. My posts were NOT directed towards TacticalInsertion or Shooter. I loved their threads and I would only encourage them to continue. I would like some more solid proof from Tac, because slowly I am leaning towards Shooter's thread. I have never trolled anyone, unless they were playing cod multiplayer and happen to get stuck with a semtex. I truly like the thread, I cannot stress it enough. My comment:"Childish and Fake" was a bit too much, but for lack of better words to express how I felt(at the time) I feel they had to be said. My point is this: We cannot assume that the whole reason they hinted at this, is for a new location. If Tac's theory is correct,(as it stands)I would have a lot of questions as to how and why, I won't list them for space purposes.(It would take forever)For Shooter's theory however, I can list them:

Was it Vril-Ya or Germans in the flight discs? If it was Vril-Ya, a very old civilization, why do they have Germanic accents?

Why are the "special" zombies the way they are?

Is the city he saw: Shangri-la? or THE MAP?

If it was German's in the discs, why or how did they make it there? I think I remember hearing something about secret German bases on the poles as well as the dark side of the moon.

In the transcript he mentions the lighting being different here, Could we have missed something during the "ECLIPSE"!? :o :shock: Could it be? Could that have been the first hint? It was right in front of us the whole time if so.

Activision releases the game displays with "ECLIPSE" on the back of it.

It really does fit together if you think about it. There is an explorer trapped in the jungle. This Admiral just happens to have a similar story, though if you read on another site, they free him and accompany him out of hollow earth and for a great distance after. Comments?

The Zombies are definately posthumous. As in HUMAN. Vril-Ya are NOT human, they are subhuman.

Right, because none of the zombies had any special powers like wind/ice or Fire.

They have elongated heads. They are redder. They also each carry a staff and have mechanical wings.

Do you really think this is how Treyarch would depict the Vril-Ya? If you look at my post, I never said it was my opinion that the villagers/zombies in Shangri La were the Vril-Ya - it was a quote. Your description may be accurate to the existing folklore, but Treyarch are kings of creative borrowing (COTD german u-boat 209... but it has a soviet red star on the side)

Btw, yes the look different. They are central Asian Zombies. So it's obvious that they'll be different from typical Nazis, Soviets, Americans, or Japanese.

Actually they are Southern Asian Zombies. Anyone would know that because of the obvious Turban on the fire/ice Zombie - indicating it's Southern Asian and close to India. Also the Himalayas are in the South soooo good job telling me that the zombies are different because they are Asian.

Archived