Shangri-la Mountains?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I've never seen them really lie. They may be extremely cryptic, but not lie.

I'm about to start a search if someone wants to join on 360. Message FatedTitan

Oh come on, you know Jimmy LOVES to troll! Lol. I'm placing my bets on that, but hey if there really is a secret that's cool too.

I mean remember codxp when we thought something would happen at round 100 cuz of something jimmy or Colin said?

Well the historical home of Shangri-La has always been in the Himalayan Mountains. It is said to reside in a tropical valley deep in a gorge in the mountain range. Could this be where our crew were in Shang? It was tropical, but I don't recall any mountain ranges on the horizon. Maybe they go deeper into the Valley looking for the entrance to Agartha in Blops2.

Well after spending all night looking through Shangri-La I kind of want to talk to you guys about what I think it could be.

So me, crazy, and strwsbob ran through and I think we came to an agreement that its not an actually interactable EE. More just like informative stuff we can get from the map. So we searched for mountain ranges that kind of matched the background image (the mountain) and we couldn't really match anything. But we did notice that the layering of it is similar to a canyon.

So remember that for a second.

Ok now this gets into something I thought about when this map first came out. When you switch to the eclipse version there are two things. One is the object covering the sun. It isn't completely circular (Unlike how the moon would be). Second, and something a lot of people don't know, Is that you can see another large object in space. Its left of the eclipse, a little above the waterfall mountain. But it is shaped like some sort of asteroid. So that made me think of Mars because of its two moons.

So going off of the possibility that it could be Mars I searched for mountain ranges on mars and found out that there is a famous canyon on Mars (My girlfriend laughed at me for not knowing about it already). Apparently its the largest known canyon EVAR. Even when you look at the loading screen of Shangri-La you can kind of tell its in a canyon.

Now that particular image in Shangri-La I wasn't able to match up with images I had found on mars exactly. But I don't know. What do you guys think that would mean if it was on mars?

• Administrators

Haha I guess I wasn't the only one thinking along these lines.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22842

Ya the part about it not making sense mining on earth makes ... sense. I always thought it was some impact site that they were digging in. But going off this theory explains a lot.

Yeah I had thought so at first but it seemed like it goes pretty well with the theory so I decided to include it. And it really does open up a whole lot of doors for the story, I'm really excited to see what else they have hidden.

Also, I hope you don't think I stole your work or anything because given that I was after you I assume people will think that, but I want to put it out there that I didn't.

Haha I guess I wasn't the only one thinking along these lines.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22842

Ya the part about it not making sense mining on earth makes ... sense. I always thought it was some impact site that they were digging in. But going off this theory explains a lot.

Yeah I had thought so at first but it seemed like it goes pretty well with the theory so I decided to include it. And it really does open up a whole lot of doors for the story, I'm really excited to see what else they have hidden.

Also, I hope you don't think I stole your work or anything because given that I was after you I assume people will think that, but I want to put it out there that I didn't.

haha don't worry about it. I don't think that at all. Im actually glad you thought the same thing. Kind of to me makes it more real having someone else post your thoughts as well.

• Administrators

haha don't worry about it. I don't think that at all. Im actually glad you thought the same thing. Kind of to me makes it more real having someone else post your thoughts as well.

Phew, that takes a lot of stress and worry off my head haha. And I agree, I thought I was gonna sound insane when I posted this but it is nice to see that others do actually agree me on this so it feels a lot more rewarding knowing that I was thinking logically and coherently :P