Samantha quote got me thinking...

I just heard a quote from Samantha in Nazi Zombies, and it was a reply to one of the characters quotes after massacring a load of zombies. She says "No matter how many you kill, we cannot win this way!". Now, you may not think much of it but due to her extensive time in control of the zombies and despite the fact she thinks the entire thing is just a game, it is likely she'd have picked up on how to defeat the zombies and save the world. So i got to thinking and concluded that perhaps the characters may have to rely on her for their survival now, much like they previously did with Richtofen. What do you guys think?

She also says that the more zombies you kill that HE just gains more power. She also has said "Soon I will be dead then you will be sorry!". She also asks her father for help many times as if she's ignoring the fact that he's dead ,or is he? I think in the grand scheme of controlling the zombies that there is an outside force that also plays a factor. Perhaps Maxis is in the Aether pulling strings and I know that the Aether has something to do with it because one of Sam's quotes when she throws a gersch device is "feed the aether".

I agree that I don't think Maxis is dead, but travelling as some kind of spirit perhaps, as he was in the computer during the Moon easter egg and, although Richtofen seemingly deleted him, he perhaps lived on, evidence of this being those Samantha quotes where she calls for help from her Father. This could imply Samantha knows he's alive, but is more likely she just hopes he is as she admits his demise at the end of the Moon easter egg ("Bye bye daddy. I love you and i'll miss you!"), but it is still possible Maxis lives on in sone way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that I don't think Maxis is dead, but travelling as some kind of spirit perhaps, as he was in the computer during the Moon easter egg and, although Richtofen seemingly deleted him, he perhaps lived on, evidence of this being those Samantha quotes where she calls for help from her Father. This could imply Samantha knows he's alive, but is more likely she just hopes he is as she admits his demise at the end of the Moon easter egg ("Bye bye daddy. I love you and i'll miss you!"), but it is still possible Maxis lives on in some way.

You sir are correct.

Maxis is indeed dead, presumably killed that fateful day at Griffin Station, and his soul is trapped in Aether. The first quote suggests Samantha saw her father die, supporting the fact he was shot that day at Griffin Station:

Samantha Moon Quotes

“Why did Daddy have to die?” - upgrade_wait_1

"Daddy, is that you?” - powerup_axxxes__plr2 (negative(red) powerup drop)

“Daddy, make him stop!” - quest_step_7

“TAKE ME TO MY FATHER” - boxmove

"But I want my body back! And I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away!"

All these quotes support that Samantha has seen her father die, but she still asks for his help to stop Richtofen.

We can conlude that Maxis is dead, presumably on Richtofen's behalf (based on the last quote). After he is killed, is soul is transferred to Aether, where he then transferes is soul to the intercom and computer at Griffin Station to help minimize Richtofen's damage he will cause(think Gersch on Ascension).

I've often heard that his response is an AI system that was put into the computer by Maxis. However, this really doesn't make much sense as Griffin Station was hidden from Dr. Maxis. The biggest indicator however is the responses made by Maxis. A few are based directly on what Richtofen has said. There's no way Maxis could have known exactly what he was going to say:

Richtofen: "Login: Teddy. Password: is a liar. I'm not, but that's why no one would guess it! Ah..."

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. GREETINGS EDWARD. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME?"

Richtofen: "What is Groph's obsession with American women? All they do is play games! No matter… Time to charge up the Kassimir Mechanism... carry the one..." (Continues typing on key board)

Computer screens turns green

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. SWITCHING RELAY TO SECTOR 1-1-5 --"

Screen turns red

Dr. Maxis: (interrupts) "ACCESS DENIED... Richtofen..."

Richtofen: "What is happening? Scanning for haxors (hackers)." (Continues typing.)

Dr. Maxis: "You fool! I should never have trusted you!"

Richtofen: "Maxis… How on earth did you get into the machine!? No matter." (Continues typing)

Dr. Maxis: "I know what you are up to and I will not allow you to succeed!"

Richtofen: "You should never have kept the DG-2 from production, you should have never have tried to steal the plans for the MDT!"

Dr. Maxis: "Stop the madness Edward; we were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it."

Richtofen: "Indeed, and now you are dead (said in mocking tone). And your little girl is going to be next... ahh... She is the source of madness! Ahh... Not I."

Dr. Maxis: "She is just a little girl Edward! She doesn't even know what she is doing!"

Richtofen: "And, delete. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis."

Also, Maxis has another quote that is said after the nukes hit the Earth, that Treyarch ultimately left out of the game.

"Well, that was a much larger explosion than I had anticipated. I have done all I can, I certainly hope those calculations were correct."

I think we can conclude Maxis is in Aether, and has the ability to communicate via electrical devices just as Gersch did while we were at Ascension.

• Administrators

I've often heard that his response is an AI system that was put into the computer by Maxis. However, this really doesn't make much sense as Griffin Station was hidden from Dr. Maxis.

I can't tell if he did or not. In the terminal it lists the locations of Element 115 and in it, it says Moon is a location via an astronomical team. We assume that the only person with access to the Terminal is Dr. Maxis and he made the post. Now, I can't be sure if by Astronomical Team they mean a group of people who observe the Moon or that he knows about Richtofen's journey to the Moon, but I don't think that observing the Moon will tell them that 115 is there.

I agree that I don't think Maxis is dead, but travelling as some kind of spirit perhaps, as he was in the computer during the Moon easter egg and, although Richtofen seemingly deleted him, he perhaps lived on, evidence of this being those Samantha quotes where she calls for help from her Father. This could imply Samantha knows he's alive, but is more likely she just hopes he is as she admits his demise at the end of the Moon easter egg ("Bye bye daddy. I love you and i'll miss you!"), but it is still possible Maxis lives on in some way.

You sir are correct.

Maxis is indeed dead, presumably killed that fateful day at Griffin Station, and his soul is trapped in Aether. The first quote suggests Samantha saw her father die, supporting the fact he was shot that day at Griffin Station:

Samantha Moon Quotes

“Why did Daddy have to die?” - upgrade_wait_1

"Daddy, is that you?” - powerup_axxxes__plr2 (negative(red) powerup drop)

“Daddy, make him stop!” - quest_step_7

“TAKE ME TO MY FATHER” - boxmove

"But I want my body back! And I will destroy that evil Richtofen for taking daddy away!"

All these quotes support that Samantha has seen her father die, but she still asks for his help to stop Richtofen.

We can conlude that Maxis is dead, presumably on Richtofen's behalf (based on the last quote). After he is killed, is soul is transferred to Aether, where he then transferes is soul to the intercom and computer at Griffin Station to help minimize Richtofen's damage he will cause(think Gersch on Ascension).

I've often heard that his response is an AI system that was put into the computer by Maxis. However, this really doesn't make much sense as Griffin Station was hidden from Dr. Maxis. The biggest indicator however is the responses made by Maxis. A few are based directly on what Richtofen has said. There's no way Maxis could have known exactly what he was going to say:

Richtofen: "Login: Teddy. Password: is a liar. I'm not, but that's why no one would guess it! Ah..."

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. GREETINGS EDWARD. WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME?"

Richtofen: "What is Groph's obsession with American women? All they do is play games! No matter… Time to charge up the Kassimir Mechanism... carry the one..." (Continues typing on key board)

Computer screens turns green

Computer: "ACCESS GRANTED. SWITCHING RELAY TO SECTOR 1-1-5 --"

Screen turns red

Dr. Maxis: (interrupts) "ACCESS DENIED... Richtofen..."

Richtofen: "What is happening? Scanning for haxors (hackers)." (Continues typing.)

Dr. Maxis: "You fool! I should never have trusted you!"

Richtofen: "Maxis… How on earth did you get into the machine!? No matter." (Continues typing)

Dr. Maxis: "I know what you are up to and I will not allow you to succeed!"

Richtofen: "You should never have kept the DG-2 from production, you should have never have tried to steal the plans for the MDT!"

Dr. Maxis: "Stop the madness Edward; we were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it."

Richtofen: "Indeed, and now you are dead (said in mocking tone). And your little girl is going to be next... ahh... She is the source of madness! Ahh... Not I."

Dr. Maxis: "She is just a little girl Edward! She doesn't even know what she is doing!"

Richtofen: "And, delete. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis."

Also, Maxis has another quote that is said after the nukes hit the Earth, that Treyarch ultimately left out of the game.

"Well, that was a much larger explosion than I had anticipated. I have done all I can, I certainly hope those calculations were correct."

I think we can conclude Maxis is in Aether, and has the ability to communicate via electrical devices just as Gersch did while we were at Ascension.

The problem with the last Maxis quote is, as you stated, it was left out of the game. We can't take things that are just in the files as part of the story because they aren't in the game. You had to go file hunting for it. So while they may have wanted to go there at one point, they changed it to just let Maxis have his evil laugh time.

And since no one has addressed it, the video that was mentioned earlier about the news reporter is a fake.

The problem with the last Maxis quote is, as you stated, it was left out of the game. We can't take things that are just in the files as part of the story because they aren't in the game. You had to go file hunting for it. So while they may have wanted to go there at one point, they changed it to just let Maxis have his evil laugh time.

I tend to disagree.

The most obvious reason to ultimately cut the quote is to keep us zombie fans guessing on the fate of the gang until the next game. I think they knew they'd be continuing the story in BO2. And instead of hinting at what actually happens after the nukes, they want to make us think the Earth was truly blown up and that our gang would just be trapped at Griffin Station forever.

If it got to the point of actually making a recording of the quote and adding it to the game files, then they must have put some thought into it beforehand. Although I do agree, some sound file quotes aren't added and aren't relatable for specific reasons (wonder weapon machine for CotD). However, I see this quote as being much more relevant to the story, only being cut at the last minute for the reason stated above.

I've often heard that his response is an AI system that was put into the computer by Maxis. However, this really doesn't make much sense as Griffin Station was hidden from Dr. Maxis.

I can't tell if he did or not. In the terminal it lists the locations of Element 115 and in it, it says Moon is a location via an astronomical team. We assume that the only person with access to the Terminal is Dr. Maxis and he made the post. Now, I can't be sure if by Astronomical Team they mean a group of people who observe the Moon or that he knows about Richtofen's journey to the Moon, but I don't think that observing the Moon will tell them that 115 is there.

I'm still under the impression that Maxis was never aware of the existance of Griffin Station.

Richtofen would have made it his number one priority to keep the station a secret from Maxis. Maybe one of the other 935 members working at Griffin Station let the cat out of the bag, but I don't think Maxis was aware of it.

Computerized voice: “Target located.”

Dr. Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr Schuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludwig Maxis: “Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel”

Dr Groph: “None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in”

Maxis doesn't seem to recognize his surroundings when he arrives at Griffin Station, and after that he's presumably killed, giving him no time to enter the data in the terminal. I don't recall seeing one, but there isn't a date on that terminal file, is there?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still under the impression that Maxis was never aware of the existance of Griffin Station.

Richtofen would have made it his number one priority to keep the station a secret from Maxis. Maybe one of the other 935 members working at Griffin Station let the cat out of the bag, but I don't think Maxis was aware of it.

Computerized voice: “Target located.”

Dr. Groph: “Bring him here, immediately.”

(Gas hissing and bangs are heard followed by the sound of a teleporter. The thumping of someone landing is heard afterwards)

Dr Schuster: "Greetings, Dr. Maxis."

Ludwig Maxis: “Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel”

Dr Groph: “None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in”

Maxis doesn't seem to recognize his surroundings when he arrives at Griffin Station, and after that he's presumably killed, giving him no time to enter the data in the terminal. I don't recall seeing one, but there isn't a date on that terminal file, is there?

I'd say that brief discussion between Schuster and Maxis definately proves Maxis had no idea that the Moon base existed. Also, i'd harbour a guess and say that it was Richtofen's plan to get Maxis to the Moon, as he initiated the teleporation from Der Riese and clearly didn't intend to kill Maxis (as Schuster worked for Richtofen and he teleported Maxis to the Moon). I would also say that this means Maxis (as hinted in the Moon radios) hadn't perfected teleportation yet, seeing how Richtofen could not only teleport an entire Science team directly to the Moon but also he could locate people and teleport them to him. Meanwhile Maxis had been teleported to some "wretched tunnel" and Schuster had to manually teleport him to the Moon.

• Administrators

I disagree, I don't believe that he intended for Maxis to be taken to Moon. Some say he was trying to teleport him to Aether, but given the Illuminati message in Der Riese that says "It's time. Kill Doctor Maxis" on it, so I believe that he was actually trying to kill him. This is slightly supported by the quote from Richtofen in the radio, "How did she end up there?"

Tac's got it. I think the first line makes it pretty clear.

Dr. Richtofen: How did she end up there? No matter, I know what must be done, in the meantime see if you can find Dr. Maxis, perhaps he can talk some sense into her.

Dr Groph: Did you not deal with him already?

Dr. Richtofen: Yes, but if the child ended up here, then Maxis must be somewhere too. Find him.

Dr Groph: How do you propose-

Dr. Richtofen: Dr. Groph I cannot do everything for you. I leave this in your capable hands. There is much to be done.

Dr. Groph: Yes Doctor.

Dr. Richtofen: Oh and Groph?

Dr. Groph: Yes?

Dr. Richtofen: I'd keep an eye out for an evil looking dog while you're at it.

This conversation presumably occured right after Richtofen teleports Maxis and Sam (amd Fluffy) in the Der Riese radio.

Richtofen's first line shows he did not intend to send them there. He's suprised that she ended up there. He figures Maxis (and Fluffy) would be there as well, since they were all together. He either intended to kill them or send them somewhere, but not Griffin Station.

Now before the final betrayal, Richtofen and Maxis were working together, trying to perfect the work of teleportation. However, after Richtofen's first teleportation, he was able to perfect it 19 days later. He managed to get everything and every one up to Griffin Station. He understood how teleportation works.

Now we know Richtofen stated he was putting on charade at Der Riese with Maxis. Maxis was trying to figure out how to get the MTD to teleport successfully, and there Richtofen was, aware of what to do the whole time. Richtofen was just waiting for his chance to pounce.

Richtofen knew how to use the machine, and I'm starting to contemplate he was indeed attempting to send them to Aether. There's evidence to support he knew of it before then. However, it does not work as intended, and they do not end up in Aether. Samantha end ups near it, at Griffin Station. Maxis is presumably sent to Shangri-La.

Afterwards, Samantha ends up in the pyramid aka Aether, but not as Richtofen had wanted. Instead, she is now in control of the zombies instead of being one of them.

And then things get intersting...

Tac, we gotta talk soon.

Fair enough Shooter, good point. Perhaps Richtofen had intended to teleport them to the tunnelaxis mentioned to be killed by Fluffy so there'd be no evidence of the betrayal and murder, but somehow it messed up for Samantha and teleported her into the Pyramid. Also, I am beginning to wonder if Richtofen had begin to move away from the Illuninati, or if he indeed was ever even a part of it. My reasoning for this is that when Richtofen is talking to Maxis through the terminal in the Moon EE, he uses very personal reasons for wanting to kill Maxis (i.e. He didn't mass produce the DG-2), and aldo the only real references to Richtofen being linked to the Illuminati being in WaW, and most story related things have been debunked since then (i.e. Richtofen killing Maxis and Samantha by teleporting them with a Hellhound, as it is later shown that this teleportation did not kill either of them as they are both alive somewhere afterwards.

• Administrators

Fair enough Shooter, good point. Perhaps Richtofen had intended to teleport them to the tunnelaxis mentioned to be killed by Fluffy so there'd be no evidence of the betrayal and murder, but somehow it messed up for Samantha and teleported her into the Pyramid. Also, I am beginning to wonder if Richtofen had begin to move away from the Illuninati, or if he indeed was ever even a part of it. My reasoning for this is that when Richtofen is talking to Maxis through the terminal in the Moon EE, he uses very personal reasons for wanting to kill Maxis (i.e. He didn't mass produce the DG-2), and aldo the only real references to Richtofen being linked to the Illuminati being in WaW, and most story related things have been debunked since then (i.e. Richtofen killing Maxis and Samantha by teleporting them with a Hellhound, as it is later shown that this teleportation did not kill either of them as they are both alive somewhere afterwards.

I think that he didn't intend on sending them to the tunnels that Maxis was in, wherever that may be. I think he was trying to send them to Aether, because he mentions "disposing" of them, so that either means killing them or teleporting. I don't think he would want them in the physical world if he was disposing of them.

I believe he was in the Illuminati, that is pretty set in stone I feel.

"Thank you Illuminati!"

"The Illuminati will be so proud!"

"Good, the service to the Illuminati can continue."

"The Illuminati will be pleased with you Nikolai."

"By the power of the Illuminati, I will destroy you all now! Yeah?"

"Illuminati, I work for thee!"

Now you do have a point about perhaps he does not anymore. How come? Well all those quotes were from Shi No Numa, one of the only recent quotes regarding the Illuminati is this on in Ascension.

"Good, The illuminati will never get there hands on me again!"

I do believe that he was a part of the Illuminati, but after time away from Der Riese, they could not communicate with him as they were and he lost faith in them. Not that exactly, but something like that.

I think that he didn't intend on sending them to the tunnels that Maxis was in, wherever that may be. I think he was trying to send them to Aether, because he mentions "disposing" of them, so that either means killing them or teleporting. I don't think he would want them in the physical world if he was disposing of them.

I believe he was in the Illuminati, that is pretty set in stone I feel.

"Thank you Illuminati!"

"The Illuminati will be so proud!"

"Good, the service to the Illuminati can continue."

"The Illuminati will be pleased with you Nikolai."

"By the power of the Illuminati, I will destroy you all now! Yeah?"

"Illuminati, I work for thee!"

Now you do have a point about perhaps he does not anymore. How come? Well all those quotes were from Shi No Numa, one of the only recent quotes regarding the Illuminati is this on in Ascension.

"Good, The illuminati will never get there hands on me again!"

I do believe that he was a part of the Illuminati, but after time away from Der Riese, they could not communicate with him as they were and he lost faith in them. Not that exactly, but something like that.

Perhaps he did mean to send them to the Aether but it clearly failed anyway, seeing as Samantha went to the Moon and Maxis too that tunnel. And also, thats the reason I don't think he's part of the Illuminati anymore, as he hasn't mentioned them, as you said Tac, since Shi-No Numa and the only recent mention was in Ascension where he claimed that they'd never get their hands on him again. This could mean that somwhere between the time jumping and planet visiting that either, as you suggest, Richtofen lost touch with them or what I believe is that due to all the hard work he had put into Group 935, especialy the DG-2 Project, that he purposefully severed his ties with the Illuminati after returning to Der Riese (with Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo) and made his quest personal instead of for the Illuminati.

Those radios on Moon got me thinking, whatever happened to Fluffy? I know she went on to give birth to many more hellhounds. But how did she end up in the Aether? And why was Sam able to control them and send them wherever she wanted? I know the whole Sam was in control of he undead thing, but there are still some unexplained mysteries here.

Those radios on Moon got me thinking, whatever happened to Fluffy? I know she went on to give birth to many more hellhounds. But how did she end up in the Aether? And why was Sam able to control them and send them wherever she wanted? I know the whole Sam was in control of he undead thing, but there are still some unexplained mysteries here.

It seems Richtofen was wrong with many of his calculations when he attempted to assassinate Maxis and his daughter. Seeing as the previous test subjects were either destroyed or sent to Aether, he assumed the same would happen to Maxis and Samantha.

Something happened and the three were teleported to three different locations. Fluffy was most likely stuck in the Aether and gave birth to the Hellhounds, Maxis was sent to an unknown tunnel, and Samantha to the Moon.

Samantha was able to control the dogs because the MPD gave her godly powers. Perhaps we will find out more about the pyramid device in the next game.

• Administrators

The Hellhounds and their situation are very interesting to me, because in the game when they come into the teleporters they die, yet it is possibly suggested that in this particular event, they may have been sent to Aether. The only reason that I can believe that Fluffy wasn't destroyed is because the teleporter teleported Maxis and Sam to separate locations, which is another thing not characteristic of the in game teleporters.

• 3 months later...

I just heard a quote from Samantha in Nazi Zombies, and it was a reply to one of the characters quotes after massacring a load of zombies. She says "No matter how many you kill, we cannot win this way!". Now, you may not think much of it but due to her extensive time in control of the zombies and despite the fact she thinks the entire thing is just a game, it is likely she'd have picked up on how to defeat the zombies and save the world. So i got to thinking and concluded that perhaps the characters may have to rely on her for their survival now, much like they previously did with Richtofen. What do you guys think?

this just might be one of the best threads ever. :shock: