The Origins of the Undead Cosmonaut

Character names:

Pvt. Nikolai Krachevski

Pvt. Josef Krachevski (they are brothers)

Pvt. Chernov Reskovitz

Pvt. Yuri Belinski (no relation to Nikolai Belinski)

The Origins of the Undead Cosmonaut:

*story begins with four Soviet soldiers, in a slightly burned German bar in Berlin after the Nazi's lost, two of them somewhat buzzed from drinking in celebration of their victory*

Nikolai slams back another shot of vodka as his three companions laugh and cheer.

"Chyort, comrade! you'll drink yourself dead before day is done!" Josef says as he slaps nikolai on the back.

"No way!" Nikolai replies as he tosses the shot glass against the wall. "You know well, I can handle any drink these pitiful fascist Germans make."

"Both of you smell of cheap German alchohol, it's about time to stop drinking, da?" Chernov says, as he taps Nikolai on the head with the barrel of his PPsH-41.

Yuri has been staring nervously out the window in the empty streets outside, silence has fallen over the entire city and things didn't seem right to him at all.

"I don't know comrades, something isn't right.... where is the rest of Red Army, who should be marching in the streets?" Yuri sighs and walks outside for a breath of fresh air.

"What is with Yuri? he doesn't seem happy that fascist reich was crushed under Stalin's boot." Chernov questions Nikolai and Josef.

"I think he's crazy or something, he says he shot some german in the head and he got right back up again earlier." Nikolai replies.

"Maybe we should head back to ba-" Chernov's reply is cut short by a loud explosion in the distance and some demonic girlish laughter that seems to come from all around.

Josef, Nikolai and Chernov jump to their feet and raise their weapons, looking around wildly for the source of the laughter.

Nikolai turns to Josef, who seems to have pissed his pants. "For love of motherland, what in name of hell was that?!"

"I don't know brot-" A large flaming german shepherd dog with demonic red eyes bursts in through the wall and immediately bites Josef's throat, killing him nearly instantaneously before he can finish his reply.

"NOOOOOOOO! JOSEF!" Nikolai and chernov both open fire on the hellhound, but their bullets simply bounce right off, causing no damage to the beast.

"Chyort! it's been an honor fighting alongside you, Comrade" Chernov says nervously as they both drop their empty weapons and back against the wall, the hellhound slowly approaching them.

The hellhound leaps and wildly tears Nikolai apart, but Chernov is enveloped by some odd electrical force and teleported to a seemingly abandoned high-tech moon-station, he looks around nervously and thinks to himself.

"Wait, why can i breathe here?" he thinks aloud as he walks out of the airlock from tunnel 6 and into a large room with a black pyramid in the middle.

"What in name of motherland is this thing?" he thinks aloud again as he reaches out to touch it.

As he puts his hand against the pyramid, a single zombie suddenly bursts out of the ground next to his feet and bites his ankle, he stumbles back and tries to run away, accidentally hitting the power switch, turning it off in the process, the oxygen is vented out of the base and he scrambles to put on the spacesuit as he flees at the same time. he manages to escape from that zombie and rests himself behind a few rocks not far from the base, pondering if he'll ever see his family again, he slips into a death-like sleep.

He soon awakes to find himself again in the middle of the recieving bay, unable to talk or satiate his sudden urge to kill the four men who have suddenly appeared around him.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a kind of rushed writing since i didn't have much time to type it up when i did, but i usually do a lot better than this. i've been working on a journal entry style story about a group and their journey through the apocalyptic infestation of the walking dead, but i haven't done much with it lately, i'll be adding that to a new topic in a few minutes.