So there's been a lot of speculation regarding whether or not the next map for the zombies storyline will take place on Mars or not. In all honesty, it seems like the closest decision, considering Mars would open up a whole new world of possibilities for the zombies storyline (As would any foreign planet). I just think it would be the most obvious choice, however, i think that if they used something a little more mysterious, say like that strange planet in that asteroid field that they named "Planet X", it could end up being a very epic story addition. Since no one really knows much about that planet, they could use their creativity in whole new ways! It would open up LOADS of cool story ideas. Another thing, if i'm correct, the story so far is that Dempsey, Sam (In Richtofen's Body), Takeo, and Nikolai have to find away to get Richtofen out of Sam's body and back to the real world??? And what of the earth? Now that it's destroyed. is there gonna be some quest to find a new home, :idea: Or maybe they will go back in time to stop everything from happening? :| There's no telling, what do you guys think, and no this isn't a "Map" discussion in general, it's a discussion on what you think would be better for the overall story.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem I have with Mars is that there would need to be a whole lot of explaining how, why and when zombies and the characters got there. Also, if there were buildings etc there, that would be even more explaining needed. I'm sure Treyarch could just about pull it off, but I'd prefer not to have another "off-planet zombies experience" as the first BO 2 map.

I think it would be better to do a couple of maps on Earth, either years before the missiles hit or in ruined cities after the missiles have hit perhaps.

Also, by keeping it on Earth, it's easier for Treyarch to do, especially as they're having to concentrate a lot on getting all the new game modes up and running.

Problem I have with Mars is that there would need to be a whole lot of explaining how, why and when zombies and the characters got there. Also, if there were buildings etc there, that would be even more explaining needed. I'm sure Treyarch could just about pull it off, but I'd prefer not to have another "off-planet zombies experience" as the first BO 2 map.

I think it would be better to do a couple of maps on Earth, either years before the missiles hit or in ruined cities after the missiles have hit perhaps.

Also, by keeping it on Earth, it's easier for Treyarch to do, especially as they're having to concentrate a lot on getting all the new game modes up and running.

The problem i see here is not with the past, but with after the missiles hit. It kinda sent shards of earth flying...Well, everywhere. However, I bet it would be cool to fight zombies in a deep space, free floating version of New York, oh how epic it would be, :mrgreen:

i have to say i toatally disagree with the mars theory it seems pretty boring and similar to moon. my personal theory i dreamt up was that: the pyrmaid is still open so it would be the same exchange between rictofen to sam to sam to rictofen because all you do is the second half of the easter egg again, however my other thought include using the teleporter to go back in time and kill rictofen or the teleporter takes us back in time to differant locations to unearth more secrets. all we no is right now is that their is a girl character so: they either have left the storyline and finished that one and are starting a fresh or we are continuing the story with someone else or a diffreant crew, maybe, sophia peter yuri and gersch or sam nikolia tank and takeo or a whole new set of charatcers which is what im hoping for....

Perhaps the girl is another character fromn a differnet group of survivors and takes place shortly before our original group destroy the Earth. We follow this group for a map or two before they are killed by the Earth's explosion and we then learn the girl in the picture with the shotgun is actually the daughter of one of the original characters. The story could then return to the original characters as they try to get Richtofen out. Thoughts, opinions?

Perhaps the girl is another character fromn a differnet group of survivors and takes place shortly before our original group destroy the Earth. We follow this group for a map or two before they are killed by the Earth's explosion and we then learn the girl in the picture with the shotgun is actually the daughter of one of the original characters. The story could then return to the original characters as they try to get Richtofen out. Thoughts, opinions?

To be honest, at them moment pretty much anything is possible, all we can do is speculate. As I've said on another thread, we could be talking about the actual zombies story without knowing it... :?

To be honest, at them moment pretty much anything is possible, all we can do is speculate. As I've said on another thread, we could be talking about the actual zombies story without knowing it... :?

Would be pretty cool haha :lol:

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Tank Dempsey refers to a daughter or child. I can't confirm this but it might be on this site somewhere. I'll update this post if I can find a reference.

"I'm gonna buy one of these for my five-year-old when this is over."

They going to be a lot older now, but whose to they didn't have children.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Tank Dempsey refers to a daughter or child. I can't confirm this but it might be on this site somewhere. I'll update this post if I can find a reference.

yeah he say's it on Moon when you buy the M16, so maybe the girl holding the shotgun and severed zombie head is his daughter?

yeah he say's it on Moon when you buy the M16, so maybe the girl holding the shotgun and severed zombie head is his daughter?

I thought he had a son, not a daughter? But I guess there's never been any real confirmation for that.

I thought he had a son, not a daughter? But I guess there's never been any real confirmation for that.

Bare in mind Denpsey time travelled in 1945. If the child is five years old then I'm guessing in 2012, they would be around 70 or something. Is it possible that this child had a child themselves. I'm probably wrong, but its an interesting thing to consider, that this girl may in fact be his grandaughter. Possibly.

i agree with the idea of going back in time. players might feel another space map will be repetitive. also the option of split dimensions is still out there, but thats an idea for another topic :D

I just thought of something, what if they find a way to enter the Aether Realm themselves? What would that world look like? I bet it would be sick, like a purple tinted alternate reality.

i agree with the idea of going back in time. players might feel another space map will be repetitive. also the option of split dimensions is still out there, but thats an idea for another topic :D

Girl: "Grandpa, i thought you died 50 years ago?"

Dempsey: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who you calling Grandpa?"

Lol, how funny it would be if something like that happened, i can imagine the Treayarch humor already, xD

[quote="Magna

Bare in mind Denpsey time travelled in 1945. If the child is five years old then I'm guessing in 2012, they would be around 70 or something. Is it possible that this child had a child themselves. I'm probably wrong, but its an interesting thing to consider, that this girl may in fact be his grandaughter. Possibly.

That's actually a good idea, considering htere likely would be two generations between them.

He amy have, but i'm saying the girl in the poster is his daughter, so he may have had a daughter instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that would be hysterical to be able to play as the daughter of Tank Dempsey.

Richtofens child: For your daughter, she has a pretty voice.

Dempsey: I know right? It's kind of weird...

Dempsey's daughter: *Busts open door* DIE MOTHERF**KERS!

Everyone: ...

Dempsey: That's my girl...

• 3 weeks later...

i have to say i toatally disagree with the mars theory it seems pretty boring and similar to moon. my personal theory i dreamt up was that: the pyrmaid is still open so it would be the same exchange between rictofen to sam to sam to rictofen because all you do is the second half of the easter egg again, however my other thought include using the teleporter to go back in time and kill rictofen or the teleporter takes us back in time to differant locations to unearth more secrets. all we no is right now is that their is a girl character so: they either have left the storyline and finished that one and are starting a fresh or we are continuing the story with someone else or a diffreant crew, maybe, sophia peter yuri and gersch or sam nikolia tank and takeo or a whole new set of charatcers which is what im hoping for....

The problem with doing the second half of the easter egg again is that they don't have the focusing stone from shangri-la to use. That allowed enough power to transfer their souls so that Richtofen could take over. Unsure about this but the Vril device may also be non-functioning/burn out.

The fact that the girl is probably a kid of some-kind is interesting and could be tru. Although Shangrela is the worst map. Most everyone can agree. So everything was searched for in other maps and people gave nothing to sangrila start searching and a lot more will be found in my opinion. As well Mars has only 2 moons the picture of shangrela has 3 in the corner plus he 1 for the eclipse so 4 altogether.

It is established that Samantha is a little girl who is less than 10 years old. As far as saying Shangri-La wasn't searched as much as the rest of the maps, I'd have to disagree. Every inch of every map has been scoured for clues since their release, but we may have missed a few pieces here and there. As for there being 4 moons, no. The moons of mars aren't round and the sun isn't that large from mars, so in my mind it is impossible for Shangri-La to be on mars. Plus there are a myriad of questions it brings up that have been discussed in the other thread.

• Administrators

Shangri-La has certainly been searched thoroughly not only by me but other great members. I think that it along with every other map could be searched more as we are still finding things on old maps.