Interesting Theory

Okay. Since Call of the Dead takes place in the future further than any other map currently created, and I assume they continue the story from Black Ops zombies, and since Moon was the end of Earth, the Crew must go BACK in time and prevent the rockets from propelling into Earth, somehow. Maybe they blow up the Moon? :shock: Speculation is in the air. And I assume you're already going to say something about the girl with the shotgun. My answer to that is maybe it's Richtofen out of the Aether some how. The crew may have figured out how to swap their souls again. Another farfetched reason, is because the longer you have your soul transferred into another human's vessel is that you slowly change into what you previously looked like. I know the latter is less likely to be the truth, but it's all speculation. Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mm, time travel does eem like a vible option here, but at the same time, the poster has the girl standing atop ruins etc, so it could be that the story will take place on a post-apocalyptic Earth (I know, just a little bit clichéd).

As you said though, absolutely everything we say at the moment is pure speculation. I mean, we could actually be talking about the storyline without even realising it :?

I'm not sold that we "blew up" the Earth. I know there's Dempsey's quote, but I think he was just being dramatic for comedic effect.

An unused Maxis quote from Moon and the fact that Area 51 still exists after the achievement proves that Earth still exist. Maxis didn't want to blow up the Earth completely. Think of it more as a calculated blast.

i no called of the dead was in the future but thats becuase we skipped in time to the future so maybe think like this we change the past by blowing up the earth becuase otherwise cotd wudnt have existed... so we changed the past to alter the future...........

Now here comes a theory i just thought of right now, since the characters can time travel with no ageing affect maybe just maybe we teleport thousnads of years in time to a post apoclyptic earth whcih is now made up of peices of earth mashed together, hmm all seem certain right now zombies is gunna rule

another thing people ares saying is taht its on mars :? which i dont like the sound of tbh but the colour scheme of the the poster suggest we will be on mars :x

Doz, I think the red is merely a representation of blood. Mars would be unlikely. Plus the damage in the background, implies, that the human resistance is stronger than we thought, and has actually begun a resurgence. I also believe in the fact that the Der Riese temporal crack allowed a more rapid invasion. In Kino Richotfen claims The thundergun was Maxis' secret. But it is later confirmed to be an aspect of Project Thunder. If I'm wrong by any means correct me. But just as Richotfen was doing things secretly (teleporting here and there) Maxis was secretly coordinating a combined effort from past and future. In other words he helped Gersch, hence why the Thundergun is in the German theatre.

That brings me back to the crack. Time is non-linear in some respects, a fabric of reality. The wunderwaffe overloading opened a crack wide enough for the horde to travel vast distances after the gang left Der Riese. The shield of Der Riese could have been a time lock, but was ruptured totally by the waffe's power. Still following I hope so....

By the time of moon, the Horde is everywhere, it may also explain how the zombies got to the future, and took over the pentagon, and later ascension (look at the comic strip). I'm working on my theory still. But it's my believe, Der Riese is where it began, if time had not ruptured, the horde wouldn't have made much ground so quickly. Or something along those lines.

Well that's my view on why the Earth is now a post-apocaplytic hell hole.

in the time of call of the dead, the original 4 were trapped, so not until they were released could they continue the story which resulted in the missile strike on earth. that explains why COTD, the earth isnt destroyed.

also, i also dont think earth was completely blown into pieces, just bits and fragments. you are still able to teleport to Area 51, but if you notice you can see earth, which shows it was a piece blown off of the rest of the planet.

this also leads me to think that maybe the missles were sent to strike the main sources of 115(i could be wrong because i dont know how many rockets there were)

i still believe the next story line will have to involve time travel and split dimensions. however, like stated above, all is just theory.

in the time of call of the dead, the original 4 were trapped, so not until they were released could they continue the story which resulted in the missile strike on earth. that explains why COTD, the earth isnt destroyed.

also, i also dont think earth was completely blown into pieces, just bits and fragments. you are still able to teleport to Area 51, but if you notice you can see earth, which shows it was a piece blown off of the rest of the planet.

this also leads me to think that maybe the missles were sent to strike the main sources of 115(i could be wrong because i dont know how many rockets there were)

i still believe the next story line will have to involve time travel and split dimensions. however, like stated above, all is just theory.

The 2nd Earth theory has been debunked by one of our guys, Rissole. http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 06#p150497

It wouldn't quite make sense that Area 51 is on a chunk of Earth that's floating in space after the blast. The gravity would be practically non-existant if that was true. Imagine jumping in A51 and floating like you would on the Moon, except you'd never come back down. It's essentially like the atmosphere of an asteroid floating in space.

I think you're in part right about the missles targetting specific areas. It could either be the source of 115 or the actual infection that Maxis was targetting. Either one's destruction would put a hitch in Richtofen's scheme of an undead army. Personally, I'm leaning towards the second option, choosing to bomb America, Russian, and Germany.

i no called of the dead was in the future but thats becuase we skipped in time to the future so maybe think like this we change the past by blowing up the earth becuase otherwise cotd wudnt have existed... so we changed the past to alter the future...........

Now here comes a theory i just thought of right now, since the characters can time travel with no ageing affect maybe just maybe we teleport thousnads of years in time to a post apoclyptic earth whcih is now made up of peices of earth mashed together, hmm all seem certain right now zombies is gunna rule

another thing people ares saying is taht its on mars :? which i dont like the sound of tbh but the colour scheme of the the poster suggest we will be on mars :x

I'm afraid Mars is not in our future my friend.

The color of the sky is being altered because one of the upper layers of the atmosphere has been partly destroyed. The red is the sun's radiation coming through more clearly. and the stars are more visable for this very reason. This is a theory of course, but I think it's a bit more viable of an option than Mars.

Oh, and CotD existing can be explained simply. Moon and Shangri La come directly AFTER CotD. There's no definitive dates of when we're at these two locations, so perhaps Earth had not been blown up yet.

Also, keep in mind we must follow the GANG's timeline. We got to CotD in 2011, back in time to Shangri La and Moon, and then blow up the Earth. CotD is still there when we play it because Richtofen hasn'y gone back in time yet to Shangri La and Moon to blow up Earth. Get it?

These are both options that could explain CotD.

My take on how CoTD could exist is the fact that upon blowing up the earth, we created an alternate timeline (quick note here: anyone remember Mark Lamia mentioning Zombies being in a new world next 'season'? This could qualify).

Remember that in CoTD, Samantha was still the announcer for the map('INSTA-KILL!' 'DOUBLE POINTS!' etc., etc.) but in Moon, Richtofen gains control. This, if I am correct, created an alternate universe, in which the events of CoTD did not occur. Come to think of it, as far as we know, Earth was really fucked up, so several events could have not occured.

Think about it!

Comments? Questions? Post below!