What the "Future" quote actually means

I believe the quote "The Future Is Not As Far Off As Most People Think - We're Not Ready For It" is not necessarily referring to a futuristic game like most believe.

I think it means that the current time-frame (I'll say the 80's for Black Ops 2), is not ready for the future, ie; futuristic weapons.

As said before, I'm going to assume BO2 will be in the 80's. We also know Tacitus is an in-game future weapons manufacturer, so they'll be making futuristic weapons, some people didn't even dream of at this point in time (but what may be normal to us now).

Tacitus will make all these weapons, trying to bring the future to the present (the present being the 80's), but no-one we'll be ready. They'd never come across these types of weapons before, so how will they deal with it?

They can't. They're not ready for it. :twisted:

Discuss.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black operations= prototype devices.

Anything could go into the game. They are experimental. Prototypes. I think this same exact conversation was spoken when black ops came out. Ballistic knifes, Explosive tip crossbows, etc. These are not used even today. Well maybe today but waaaay out of the time fraim for black ops. When you choose an era like secret operations, you have unlimited possibilities.

I understand that black operations gives you a certain amount of leniency, but they simply are not going to include an aircraft that flew for the first time in 2009 in a game set almost 30 years before. I'm not even going to try to explain why that would make no sense.

I understand that black operations gives you a certain amount of leniency, but they simply are not going to include an aircraft that flew for the first time in 2009 in a game set almost 30 years before. I'm not even going to try to explain why that would make no sense.

Well, it could be something that had to be stopped, and was, therefore we have not actually seen it.

I'm going with, since it's a sequel to a cold war game, it's definitely NOT in the future.

Well, it could be something that had to be stopped, and was, therefore we have not actually seen it.

I'm going with, since it's a sequel to a cold war game, it's definitely NOT in the future.

They have recently starting running an advertisement that says "Call of Duty World Reveal | What Does the Near Future Look Like?"

They have recently starting running an advertisement that says "Call of Duty World Reveal | What Does the Near Future Look Like?"

Source?

I still will likely think, based on previous info, that it's simply referring to the fact that it's future tech, but in the cold war era, simply due to the fact that Mason's story isn't even over.

I saw it like an hour ago when I searched "call of duty" on Google. It said that and linked to callofduty.com. I searched it again just now and now it says "Call of Duty World Reveal - Tune into TNT for the Future"

Turn into TNT for the future of Call of Duty

Area 51 anyone? The stuff they have testing there is YEARS ahead of anything we would see today. I am willing to bet that they had technology as capable as we have today 20-30 years ago, but they never released it because we were not ready for it.

I saw it like an hour ago when I searched "call of duty" on Google. It said that and linked to callofduty.com. I searched it again just now and now it says "Call of Duty World Reveal - Tune into TNT for the Future"

Turn into TNT for the future of Call of Duty

You're right it could be, but which is more likely?

For how they said it, it's more likely to mean the game is set in the future. If they meant the future of CoD, they probably would have put "The Future of Call of Duty" so that they're not falsely advertising the game to be in the future if it wasn't.

EDIT: I found the other one:

Black operations= prototype devices.

Anything could go into the game. They are experimental. Prototypes. I think this same exact conversation was spoken when black ops came out. Ballistic knifes, Explosive tip crossbows, etc. These are not used even today. Well maybe today but waaaay out of the time fraim for black ops. When you choose an era like secret operations, you have unlimited possibilities.

EXACTLY. :) You've just put into words exactly what ive been thinking about all this black ops 2 is set in the future crap....

I have points to make for both sides of this "Is Black Ops 2 in the future?" thing.

Treyarch has always done re creations of wars and they are very good at it. They may use creative scenarios that never actually happened, but they could make sense based on our history. Now my point here is that treyarch has never done anything past the present time because they are good at re creating what has already happened. This leaves infinity ward to create all the current or future warfare, and in my opinion i think they are good at what they do also.

Now, with that said being said, those of you who believe black ops 2 is in the future could also be right and we all know why: ZOMBIES. Treyarch added a creative twist to WaW with their very own zombies mode. Obviously a zombie outbreak has never happened but we all enjoy the gameplay and we also like to follow the zombie storyline which never actually happened. This shows treyarch's creativity which leads me to believe that they could suceed at making a game on something that hasnt happened yet.

After considering both of these viewpoints i have decided to be unbiased about the timeframe of the game because one point is just as good as the other.

It's not nessicarily the same aircraft. We shouldn't assume things before Treyarch actually confirms them. I bet all my gamer points that Black Ops 2, Eclipse, Call of Duty 9, or what ever it's called, will take place in the '80s-'90s. Mark my words. MARK 'EM I SAY!!!!

It's not nessicarily the same aircraft. We shouldn't assume things before Treyarch actually confirms them. I bet all my gamer points that Black Ops 2, Eclipse, Call of Duty 9, or what ever it's called, will take place in the '80s-'90s. Mark my words. MARK 'EM I SAY!!!!

Black ops 2 http://www.cyber-knowledge.net/blog/wp- ... k-ops2.jpg

Gonna be honest, I think a near future setting would be 1000 times more interesting than a cold war one due to the fact that Treyarch can create their own history and not have to depend on events that happened in the past

*cough* modern warfare *cough*

Though that isn't really all that bad... either way, I'd personally still prefer cold war, and it makes more sense, continuing the previous character's stories.

Gonna be honest, I think a near future setting would be 1000 times more interesting than a cold war one due to the fact that Treyarch can create their own history and not have to depend on events that happened in the past

I agree completely. Of course Treyarch will use conspiracies and previous events to help create the story but now they have more freedom.

callofduty.com:

General Atomics Avenger:

That's not the same aircraft?

callofduty.com:

General Atomics Avenger:

That's not the same aircraft?

That looks exactly the same. Same wing shape and tail

That looks exactly the same. Same wing shape and tail

I know, that's what I'm saying. It is the same aircraft.

I was agreeing with you man. I can't wait to see what other goodies are in the game in the reveal

Oh lol. The reveal trailer will probably be awesome.